PDA

View Full Version : I know that this is the wrong forum, but hey......

britcit3
09-10-2001, 12:16 PM
I don't really collect action figs, but I love the astromech droids.

I have so far aquired R2D2, R2Q5, R2B1 & R5D4.

The only one that I need is the Red R2 unit that comes with the Naboo Cruiser but I ain't paying 40 for it.

If anybody has a spare and is willing to trade then let me know (or if you see it at auction I would appreciate a shout).

Many thanks

BC3

vulcantouch
09-10-2001, 12:51 PM
Or, if you can get some of them garyperry resin "stmms" to trade, i Might be able to get b'jr to give up his xtra b1 (he had 3, and let me take the red lightpipe outta one of them so i can install it in my r2q5 just cuz he wants to see how it'll look :) ) first priorities: one each of equinox, steamrunner, sabre, akira, norway, cardie fighter, starfleet fighter, prometheus. second priorities: concept ent, 1st concept excelsior, jenolan :)
i know those're longshots, but a man can dream, eh? ;)
yeah, astros work good w/our mms, eh? :) which d2 you got? i prefer commtech ep1 w/booster rockets :)
btw, i noticed you already got a teemto pod even though i'd saved you one. don't need anymore? if not i'll diVerT to someone else ;)
vt
np: o'jays, "love train"

britcit3
09-10-2001, 01:56 PM
Sorry VT - can't get Gary to supply any more freebees - believe me, I tried.

Tell you what though, I have a couple of spare Delta Flyers on the way from that site that you emailed me.

What do you say - a delta flyer and the voyager snap fast (if I can find it) for the Naboo Cruiser red R2?

The podracers - bought all of them for buttons so don't need the 2 that you were sending - cheers anyway.

BC3

PS I too have the R2 with boosters - it's ACE!

jeddah
09-10-2001, 02:33 PM
I just wish the middle leg of the booster R2 was articulated as it has a really nice frosted dome even if it is hemispherical instead of elliptical; a pointless sculpt with the boosters IMHO, DC-designed or not. In fact like a lot of DC's artwork, there were glaring errors such as the N1 astromech socket and the flying R2.

The Red R2 is my fave, I'm waiting for a good R5 sculpt b4 I buy and don't even get me onto the R2-B1 shortcuts and errors - chrome dome...pour quoi?????

jeddah

LTBasker
09-11-2001, 01:05 AM
Delta Flyer??? Hmm... interesting... :D

britcit3
09-11-2001, 03:02 AM
Delta Flyers?

VT put me on to 'em.

You can order them from....

http://www.federationmodels.com/

for $5 - they are in scale with a Voyager model (slightly smaller than an MM), but I don't know if they require painting (as they haven't arrived yet).

I have 3 on the way - one for myself, GSJ and a spare for the proposed trade.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
09-11-2001, 06:31 AM
Hey, I'll take my Teemto's Pod back if it's no longer going to its final destination, I don't really know where my duplicate got off to, so I figured if I had to, I'd just suppliment my podracers with the pick-u-parts one from the 2nd series since all its bits are in there, but I'd rather have a solid one and not waste one of those pod chassis.

As for the red R2-R9, I haven't seen these going for cheap, but I'll keep my eyes open at the TRU leftovers bins, they've had a few loose Royal Starships in there before and I met a guy who found one with the droid inside for only $15.

britcit3
09-11-2001, 06:37 AM
thanks JT

BC3

vulcantouch
09-14-2001, 11:35 PM
i'm afraid that i'd already turned your teemto pod over to b'jr jt :( and Now i hear you expressing regrets about trading us yer kazons, which you'd previously disdained so much you didn't even wanna keep One of?
sigh, post-trade regrets from my partners always bum me out :( tell you what, if you Try to hunt down yer duplicate and can't find, i'll go to bat for you re what is now b'jr's teemto, ok? :)

other part of the job i hate: don't worry bc3, i believe you tried :) but i'm afraid b'jr wouldn't consent to trading his r2r9 for a deltaflyer & qs voy :( but i'll continue My lookout; might That entitle me to the qs voy (IF you can find one cheap & easy of course)? ;)

jdah: "a pointless sculpt with the boosters"
-agreed- personally i prefer the datalink's feature-rich body; but on balance the rocketman r2 just looks best imo :)

"glaring errors such as the N1 astromech socket"
-you mean no room for his legs? if so, see Incred Cross-Sections for explanation why it Isn't an error (it used to bug the hellouttame too ;) ) :)
vt
np: elton, "philadelphia freedom"

LTBasker
09-15-2001, 02:33 AM
The rocket boosters on the R2 are there because to make the R2-D2 Episode I figure more "kid-worthy" they added the rocket boosters that are from a cut scene from the Coruscant segment that was to consist of him falling from the floating platform and using his boosters to get back upto the pad. That would've been a really really awesome scene, IMHO, they should've added that to the DvD also. :D

britcit3
09-15-2001, 04:49 AM
Hey VT

Had a good day bargain hunting - scored brand new snap fast voyager AND Maquis Raider (was somebody after this?).

The Delta Flyers are nearly ready too (I just have to put modelling sealant over them to seal in the decals) - see attached file.

Tell you what, knowing of your olfactory excellence in sniffing out items - will send them to you so long as you FAITHFULLY PROMISE to sniff out an R2-R9 for me - how's that?

Anyway, off to Amsterdam for the weekend now (not looking forward to flying after this weeks events), will check the board out on Tuesday.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
09-16-2001, 11:32 AM
BC3, cool job on the Delta Flyer! Nice shape and details, I wish there had been an official MM one. :(

Originally posted by vulcantouch
i'm afraid that i'd already turned your teemto pod over to b'jr jt :( and Now i hear you expressing regrets about trading us yer kazons, which you'd previously disdained so much you didn't even wanna keep One of?
sigh, post-trade regrets from my partners always bum me out :( tell you what, if you Try to hunt down yer duplicate and can't find, i'll go to bat for you re what is now b'jr's teemto, ok? :)
When I said I'd get you this podracer, it was because you said you wanted one for yourself, not that you wanted one to give away. It wasn't part of a trade between you and me originally, I just offered to give you what I thought was an easily-found duplicate: old forums thread: "pod racer/mm question" (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=20&PID=3337&seen=9). You later changed it to be part of a trade, but I thought now that it hadn't gone to the trade you had in mind, it seemed like a posibility that you'd still have it around and thus it might not be much of an issue and I could get it back (I didn't know you had given it to Baal Jr, notorious for being your MM dumping ground); it was not a statement of regret from a trade, merely an inquiry to its status and if it wasn't busy, that I would have liked it back. I wouldn't regret giving the podracer to you, but to have it simply dumped isn't the same thing, it seems a bit of a waste. But I wasn't stating a feeling of "regret".

However, don't concern yourself with the situation any further as I actually uncovered the duplicate set on Friday night while digging deep into my closet looking for a friend's Transformers (never found 'em, both he and I are not even 100% sure he sent them to me, but he wants 'em back). Now I have 4 launchers and 14 unique pods for them to fire across the floor (or I could use 'em with the 3 different podracing tracks I got on super sale from Amazon). :)

As for the Kazon ships, I only said I wish I had been wiser and kept one of the extras as a freighter, not that I regretted trading them with you, just that I regretted not keeping one (especially since 2 of the 4 were the same ship).

vulcantouch
09-17-2001, 01:24 AM
"you said you wanted one for yourself"
-which i did at the time; then swaffy also sentme one, and suddenly i had a teemto teamup ;)

"Baal Jr, notorious for being your MM dumping ground"
-among those of us who know him well, that's the Least of what he's notorious for :eek: ;)
just outta idle curiosity, if you could have a kazon for freighter duty, which would you choose, raider, fighter or mamaship?

bc3: if somone else here wants deltaflyer i'll selflessly demur, since it's not mm sized anyway ;) same with maquis, since i already have this; either/both may be enclosed in my from-jdah pkg for forwarding onto any us destination :) but YOU BET i'm interested in qs voy :) but as i am a hunter of opportunity rather than certainty, i'm sure you can understand that i wouldn't wanna make a promise i might not be able to keep. thus i am hesitant to accept the qs voy contingent upon my Assurance that i'll find you an economical r2r9 :( the assurance i Can give you is that you'd get first shot at any i find; lmk if that's good enough- i won't take it personal if it ain't :) meanwhile i will assume that your mentions of "sniffing" and amsterdam" in the same post is mere coinkydink ;)
vt

JediTricks
09-17-2001, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
just outta idle curiosity, if you could have a kazon for freighter duty, which would you choose, raider, fighter or mamaship?uh... the Kazon Torpedo! ;) Ok, maybe that's not gonna happen. Well, I sent 2 of the Kazon Raider, so that is the one I probably would have kept, but I also like the look of the Mother Ship and it doesn't have the forward lower mast, so that'd probably be the one I would chose.

jeddah
09-17-2001, 02:32 PM
Hi VT,

shoulda been clearer I suppose - you see that's what happens when you try to post at work, concentration suffers. My comment was aimed at the unrealistic assumptions that we are meant to make because of DCs whims;

R2 expando-neck and shrink-o-legs are a leap of fatih considering the gizmos and gadgets he stores

The pressures in a vacuum would make the droid socket design unrealistic.

This was brought to you from the combined might of the R2 builders club ;)

jeddah