PDA

View Full Version : At ST and speeder bike

TK421BB
05-09-2002, 05:09 PM
I found the AT ST and speeder bike today at TRU in Bradenton Fla. Its looks real nice the price was $19.99...

leenovak
05-09-2002, 05:14 PM
$19.99? At TRU here, they're $29.99! Crikey!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2002, 06:32 PM
Maybe the extras are on clearance now. That is if you can still find one.

eliwankenobi
05-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Oooooohhh... I'll have to keep a lookout. I didn't want to spend $30 since I have both my vintage one and the '96 POTF one - but I'll spend $20 to add another!! :)

Taichi
05-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Hmm....The only reason I'd want it was for Paploo.....but, I'm not too big on it myself....I already have Speeders, and my lil' bro has a POTF AT-ST

Dexter
05-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Whick Ewok was Paploo? I remember in the cartoon that the two main guy Ewoks were Wicket and another... was that Paploo or Teebo?

ggmorton
05-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I saw the AT-STs at TRU last night. They had 5 of them in
great condition. I had to go back today and pick one of them up.
All 5 were still there.

Then when I was about to leave, I saw an employee busting open a new case of figures to help someone else. He did the same for me and I got 2 Dookus. He made my day. I've been looking for Dooku for almost 2 weeks.

Figurestasher
05-12-2002, 08:03 PM
$19.99 is a good deal for the AT-ST. I bought one for 29.99 and the girl at TRU said "Oh there is a 20% off coupon today. "I didn't ask any questions and just said "cool". I didn't have a coupon and never heard or saw of any coupon. But she did it anyway and the total for it was about $26.00 w/ tax. She was a cool chick.

Also did you guys notice the three guns on the AT-ST on almost everyone are pointed down. I took a thin piece of wire, made a hook on it and shoved it down the tab where you would open the box and pulled the guns up so they point sraight w/o unsealing the box. It worked good.

Turbowars
05-12-2002, 11:02 PM
$19.99 or $29.99 I haven't even seen one in the stores. Distribution sucks. Clones are rare here and pegwarmers in Sacramento, What gives?

DarthMaulSithLord
05-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Paploo is that little pesky Ewok that steals the Speederbike at the Endor Bunker to lure away those Imperial bucket heads.

PS: is it true that the AT-ST doesn't come with stickers?

:)

Taichi
05-14-2002, 08:01 PM
Yes, it's true....

I Just got one, opened it up, shucked Paploo out of it, and took it back (Ain't I a stinker?)

I woulda kept it, but the lack of stickers turned me off......there's not even a 'hatch sticker' to cover up that bare spot on the bottom of the top hatch.....

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
Yes, it's true....

I Just got one, opened it up, shucked Paploo out of it, and took it back (Ain't I a stinker?)

I woulda kept it, but the lack of stickers turned me off......there's not even a 'hatch sticker' to cover up that bare spot on the bottom of the top hatch.....
I'm sure someone will really appreciate that.

Taichi
05-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Well, since every other one I saw had Paploo pulled, I figured what the heck.....

So what if that labels me an ***......

it'll end up on clearance, and I'll get it for a pittance......

eliwankenobi
05-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Hey thanx. You know it's for that very reason that stores stop carrying some things.

:mad:

RooJay
05-21-2002, 06:23 PM
Wow, so now you're a thief. Why didn't you just swipe him from the box while you were still in the store? Then you wouldn't have to have carried that huge package home!

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 12:59 PM
That was a pretty dispicable thing to do Taichi. I'm getting sick of people coming onto these boards to brag about how they are 'outsmarting' the system because "everybody else does it." Grow up, you ignorant little child!:mad: It's people like you that give SW collectors, SW fans and the human race in general a bad name!

brentfett
07-09-2002, 12:47 PM
I too got the AT-ST for 20 bucks and I must say I like it. My only gripe is the speeder bike. The back flaps are VERY fragile, the ones that pop up as the speeder lifts. I finally got frustrated with mine and removed them. Still for 20 bucks you can't beat the set!

Old Fossil
07-09-2002, 04:46 PM
I believe I'd take that Paploo back to TRU. Having an extra toy for yourself sure isn't worth the shame of being branded a thief.

Sean the Hutt
07-09-2002, 07:26 PM
you sir are a thief. SHAME on you! stay away from my collection! You might walk away with my sandcrawler or something! Have you ever watched these movies seriously? I mean, did all the light side, dark side stuff go right over your head? If you are a young person..ok kids do dumb things. If you are over 18 it's just a matter of time before you do something really lame! Good luck

Dar' Argol
07-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
I too got the AT-ST for 20 bucks and I must say I like it. My only gripe is the speeder bike. The back flaps are VERY fragile, the ones that pop up as the speeder lifts. I finally got frustrated with mine and removed them. Still for 20 bucks you can't beat the set!

You know brentfett, I have the same problem with the flaps. So I compared it to the POTF2 speeder and its constucted the same. Must be that gummy plastic they are using now:(

Bent Wookie
07-10-2002, 11:45 AM
Yep, the flaps are weaker this time round, and the AT-ST can't stand straight for long. That's one thing I don't like about the new stuff...cutting corners with this cheap soft plastic/rubber. Grr... :frus: I don't know if I'd even pay $20 for the thing, although I'd sure pay it for the POTF version if they threw in a POTF speederbike... :)

Please don't bend the Wookie!