PDA

View Full Version : After the "First Forty": Who's Next?

JediCole
05-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Well, we have seen confirmation of #41 and #42 (not the official numbers I suspect, just those I am assigning them for the purpose of this thread), Aayla Secura and Watto (Episode II style). Has anyone heard any juicy rumors about who is next? With forty new figures out or shortly on the way, I was concerned that Hasbro would sit on their laurels for months on end as we slowly digest the initial flood. However, this seeming glut only makes me hungry for more! Is there any reason to stop cold?

Anyway, I know this is not a site that officially delivers rumor and conjecture, and that is why we come here for the real news. But isn't it the point of these forums to voice our opinions and speculations? Of course it is. So here's your chance, IF you have heard any vague whisperings of what may yet follow. Please avoid using this thread to list those characters you most want to see, that is the stuff of a thread with that express purpose. I'd prefer that this thread be used by those who are in the know or on the fringes to enlighten us with what you have seen or heard. Who other than that Toydarian junk monger and the Twi'ilek Jedi can we be reasonably assured of seeing in our collections in 2002?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
05-09-2002, 08:28 PM
There is guy named BobaBinks on the Rebelscum forums that claims to be an insider. You can go on there and look in the Wuher's Cantina and call him out.
I personally don't know anything except what I read on the internet. I thought there were going to be something like 50+ figs this year.

Beast
05-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Aayla Secura isn't coming out til next year, sorry to inform you. As for who is rumored left for the end of the year. Watto, Madine, R5-D4, Another Padme, Tusken Raider: Male, Another Obi-Wan, Orange Handmaiden, Yellow Clonetrooper, and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. I will see if I can locate the rumored/confirmed list I have on my computer later. Hasbro confirmed the Yellow ConeTrooper at C2 though. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 08:30 PM
Pilot Battle Droid hopefully.

SuperBattleDroid88
05-09-2002, 09:01 PM
YES!!!!!! A DECENT BLUE BATTLEDROID!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Dexter
05-09-2002, 10:49 PM
I haven't heard anything about it, but I *DEMAND* an R2-A6! The fact that he was cool enough to exist in the 12" scale but not the 4" scale is ridiculous!

Beast
05-09-2002, 10:52 PM
R2-A6 is rumored to be one of the figures exclusive to DisneyLand for their Star Tours ride. Who knows if the exclusives will ever happen, as I haven't heard anything since those 2 prototypes surfaced on Ebay a few months ago. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 01:01 AM
Star Tours exclusive? I hear another ***** flood similar to that of Sacul's...

Beast
05-10-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Dak Powers
Star Tours exclusive? I hear another ***** flood similar to that of Sacul's...
They said they would most likely be avaiable for phone orders, so no worries. It's not somthing that is only gonna be avaliable for three days. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Droidlover
05-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Well I am simply thrilled to hear R5D4 is coming. I was scared he might be part of the Disney Exclusives. I hope that R2-A6 is not, but if he is, I already have a custom one anyway.

Nataku
05-10-2002, 10:19 AM
Here is a correct list (according to the Australian Poster) of who is coming out after 4/23:

27 - Dooku
28 - Mace Windu (Geonosis)
29 -Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
30 - Vader (Bespin)
31 - Jango (Final Battle)
32 - Qui-Gon Jinn
33 - Endor Rebel Soldier
34 - Massiff
35 - Orn Free Ta
36 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot)
37 - Han Solo (Endor)
38 - Chewbacca (Cloud City)
39 - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
40 - Djas Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)
41 - Padme Amidala (Pilot)
42 - Darth Maul (Sith Training)
43 - Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
44 - Ki-Adi Mundi (Geonosis)
45 - Ephant Mon
46 - Teemto Pagalies

That means we are missing 6 figures since Hasbro said at Toyfair that 02-52 will be the last 2002 figure...

So who are the last six?

Well, we know we have the following figures confirmed (via C2), but not yet numbered:
Aayla Secura
Watto
Battle Droid (RED)
Clone Trooper (Yellow)
R2-D2 w/Booster Rockets
Lott Dodd

And the following figures rumored, but strongly hinted at:
Madine
R5-D4
Another Padme
Male Tusken Warrior

I know that Aayla and R2 aren't planned until next year, but a few of the rest are probably on tap for the last 6 figures for 2002!

Nataku

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 11:51 AM
can't wait to get them. thanx for the list

mark2d2
05-10-2002, 03:37 PM
I think it really sucks that Padme has all these cool outfits in the film, and they pick two of the most boring ones for figs. Exactly what happened last time in TPM. Boo Hoo. I'm totally bummed about this.

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Nataku
That means we are missing 6 figures since Hasbro said at Toyfair that 02-52 will be the last 2002 figure...

So who are the last six?

Well, we know we have the following figures confirmed (via C2), but not yet numbered: ...

...Battle Droid (RED)

The Red Geonosis Battle droid will be out in the next few months, and it shares the same number as the current white Battle Droid.

mylow thehutt
05-10-2002, 03:51 PM
so we are getting a Crix Madien.

JediIan
05-10-2002, 04:19 PM
I think at this point the figure is simply called rebel officer, but that has a cool thing about it, Madine would be cool, but personally i wish it would turn out to be like, a Dodonna, or maybe Derlin.

mylow thehutt
05-10-2002, 04:41 PM
who was derlin?

Beast
05-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
who was derlin?
Major Bren Derlin was one of the Rebel Officers on Hoth, he was played by John Ratzenberger who is better known as Cliff Clavin from Cheers. Here is his Decipher CCG card. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
05-10-2002, 05:22 PM
he was in the fan choice...and lost.still i would buy him

wedgeA
05-10-2002, 09:16 PM
What about Bail Organa, he seems to be a major character but I have not heard anything bout a figure.

Also, thanks JarJarBinks for all of your jpegs, they help out alot for the obscure characters!

jobi
05-10-2002, 10:20 PM
WE WANT CLIFF then maybe a Norm and a Woody. :) Forget Mos Eisley Cantina dioramas let's get a Cheers one. :)

subMERGE
05-11-2002, 09:31 AM
I'm all for as many Padmes as Hasbro wants to release. It would be nice to see all her outfits put into figure form. How about a box set from EP1 of Padme and a box set from EP2. This way, they could showcase all her outfits. BTW- Someone said something about "Another Padme" aside from arena and pilot. Does anyone have any idea what this one will be?

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 02:01 PM
might be one with that cape.she had on

Beast
05-12-2002, 02:06 PM
I heard that one of the other Padme's coming soon was the white outfit one, before it gets torn by the Nexu. Most likely as Mylow said, with the cape that she wears with it as well. Hasbro said they planned a version of that outfit without the action feature, so that's most likely it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

squee666
05-12-2002, 03:04 PM
It seems as though Hasbro has been releasing new figures every month, if this is the case and we have the last of the 50 by the end of july, than that leaves 5 months, worth of new figures. The number will have to be well over 50. Isn't there going to be a summer toy fair? if so, perhaps we'll see a lot of new figures featured there for fall/winter

2-1B
05-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Sooooooooooooooo Djas Puhr is the first and only ANH figure in the Saga line so far? (I'm expecting R5-D4 to be AOTC) ? ? ?

Who might have the honor of being the second one?

saladin
05-12-2002, 04:24 PM
i just hope they make a lot more jedi so i can have them all go aganist the rest of my armies.

mark2d2
05-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Possibly those Cantina two packs we've heard about --- but no pictures yet.

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 05:18 PM
What abot Ooda and wat tembor

BiGBaDWoLF
05-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Any word if they are making Poggle the Lesser or Elian Sleazebaggano??

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 06:31 PM
welcome BiGBaDWoLf,whos Ellian sleazebaggano

Tycho
05-13-2002, 03:28 AM
Not sure, but I think he's the guy in the bar trying to sell Obi-Wan "death sticks."

Speaking of bars, I have to have them do 1 more Cantina Alien and one more of Jabba's thugs to meet my 'quota' for my plan for the perfect SW year. (don't forget we also got Bo Shek this year).

Anyway, there will supposedly be 3 more Padme Amidala's out this year according to what Hasbro told me at C2 (and in public).

Pilot (we know)
then ??? (probably the white, non-torn, no action feature)
and ??? (my guess might be the Senator outfit, or the wedding one)

We need at least 2 different Padme's per year, but 4 ever year for the next 5 years would be helpful :rolleyes: (I say that sarcastically only because she has so many outfits, but I DO want them ALL!)

Poggle the Lesser needs a figure, as does Nute Gunray requires an E2 one.

Beast
05-13-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Poggle the Lesser needs a figure, as does Nute Gunray requires an E2 one.
Agreed to both, to bad Nute has a stupid looking hat in E2. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Agreed to both, to bad Nute has a stupid looking hat in E2. :p

I don't care about the hat, I just hope if they make another version of him, it's not another perversion. :eek:

Cotasnoova
05-13-2002, 03:49 AM
Will there be a bail organa?

Tycho
05-13-2002, 02:05 PM
I heard from some collecting managers at my Toys R Us that there will be 90 new figures this year. Now perhaps they are counting deluxe, but uh...

HOLY LITTLE GREEN YODAS!!! - 90? I gotta call Watto for a loan!

Beast
05-13-2002, 02:11 PM
One of the managers at my TRU was saying somthing similar Tycho, they probably are counting deluxe figures as well as some of the exclusive figures. But stiill, great googily moogily!! That's a ton of figures. :eek: :D Sure will be one of the best years ever for Star Wars figures though. I love movie years. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
05-13-2002, 02:18 PM
90!?!? Its times like these I'm glad I only collect the classic trilogy. If I were a "completionist" don't know if I would be happy, scared, or broke.

SNAYSON
05-13-2002, 02:26 PM
90 IS AMAZINING!

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Anyone know if Rhode Island has Asylums around Hasbro...?

90 gimmicked figures in one year... Yeah hopefull they are counting deluxe and such, but that's only 63 after the 52 planned figures and the 11 deluxe. I wonder if they may be also counting 2003 stuff in there.

Rogue II
05-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Have they offically said there would be releasing Cinema Scenes again? They would bring the numbers up as well.

Beast
05-13-2002, 02:54 PM
Well, they may be counting 2-pack deluxe figures as seperate as well.

54 Basic Action Figures (with Red Battle Droid, Varient Head ERS)
14 Deluxe (with Battle Droids from Mace and C-3PO, and the Geonosian w/ Ani.)
4 Cantina Aliens (Wal-Mart Exclusives)
4 E2 Nightclub Aliens (Wal-mart 2-packs)
4 Army Builder Sets (Target Exclusive: Death Star Trooper, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Biker Scout, and Battle Droid)
R2-D2 figure (From TRU exclusive 25th Anniversary X-wing)
Luke Skywalker (From TRU exclusive Landspeeder)

So that's 84 total so far, and then what ever is planned for Christmas, which is counted by Hasbro into next years stuff. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
05-13-2002, 03:30 PM
thats a ****load of figs! i thought 27 on 4/23 was bad! "all i have is republic credits, but credits will do fine."
"no they won't."
"yes!"
"no!"
lightsaber slices off a arm.
"did you say no?" :)

Tycho
05-13-2002, 05:42 PM
Well

Bo Shek
Teebo
R4-M9 (with The Mouse Droid!)

are all also figures from this year.

as are

Zam Wessel Sneak Preview
Jango Fett Sneak Preview
Clone Trooper Sneak Preview
R3-T7 Sneak Preview

So there's 7 more.

I believe Zutton and Eeth Koth are 2001 figures (last year's). Queen, Imperial Officer, FX-7, and Rebel Fleet Trooper definitely are. These were last year's Christmas time figures.

Does Jorg Sacul and ToyFair Vader count?

Rogue II
05-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Wait a minute, 90 figures? Are these the same people that said Boba Fett was the 300th?

I'm not going to believe until I see it.

mylow thehutt
05-13-2002, 06:06 PM
Fett was the 300th.and whats this talk about Luke and speeder,also wut about Wat & Ooda?

Beast
05-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Boba Fett was only the 300th figure, cause Hasbro left out past figures, and screwed up the numbering system to make it look that way. He was closer to being the 400th figure, then he was the 300th.

The Luke w/ Landspeeder is a 25th Anniversary release of the Landspeeder, with better detailing and paint. It's coming with another Luke figure, rumored at this time to finally be the poncho version.

No clue on Ooda, not even sure there is a charecter with that name. Could have been a misspelling of one of the other charecters, most likely Yoda. Or just an early charecter name. Wat Tambor is still rumored for the end of te year, no confirmation though, other then internal Hasbro documents.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-13-2002, 10:56 PM
This changes the topic slightly, but I just went through my E2 comic book.

Hasbro did a great job of getting out all the characters kids will want to play with!

Rather than Episode One's wave by wave releases, including getting an army builder like the Gungan Warrior or Security Droid out years later (in POTJ), Hasbro got all the E2 necessary out. 27 figures are COMMON now before the movie!!!

This strategy makes sense. They should sell through their early product.

What's actually left from Episode 2?

Mostly collector driven figures (I'll list in a second) and rehashes of the hero characters (but good ones).

There's:

Beru Whitesun
Owen Lars
Clieg Lars

Some of the Separatists (politicians kids will be less interested in)

Poggle the Lesser (though he might have worked earlier)
Nute Gunray
Wat Tambler
some of the other alien Separatists

Senators:

Wookiee (hopefully)
Bail Organa
Palpatine's aide Sly Moore
a few other Senators they could do

Various background aliens (more collector driven - that I want though!)

Interestingly enough, the biggest mistake I see is the lack of Padme in all her outfits.

With the love theme in this movie, and the possible appeal to a large young lady audience, wouldn't Hasbro be wise to have more 'glamorous' Padme product available to the girls?

This time around I think the marketing strategy that failed in this area for E1, would succeed for Clones. Plus, I'd like those Padme figures. And she needs nealry 20 of them! (not counting 5 left from E1 - Ceremony, Pre-Senate, Post-Senate, Purple Return, and handmaiden - until that last one gets a confirmation).

The new movie? Senate, Nightmare, Packing, Traveling to Naboo, light blue jumpsuit with the headband, backless dress by the lake, flower girl by the waterfall, black leather, blue dress on Naboo, traveling to Tatooine, peasant dress, Tatooine white, white mission to Geonosis, white Geonosis (no action feature), wedding. - That's 15 more Padme's (not counting pilot and first figure). Plus 5 more adding the E1, and you get 20 figures needed for her. So they better do 4 per year!

POTJ wasn't so bad - we got Theed Throne, Sabe (decoy), black travel, and I heard most people say they liked these figures.

Later we will get rehashes of Obi-Wan and Anakin. Some that could be useful would be:

Anakin, neutral pose, removeable, hanging relaxed cloak on him.

Obi-Wan - same as above. From the Jedi Council scenes or Padme's apartment.

Obi-Wan - cloaked and molded to look soaking wet. This can be a dramatic action pose as long as you can work him through the scenes in the movie for the rain fight (read: meaningul articulation).

Obi-Wan - cloaked, wet, but relaxed. This could be from when Taun We takes him on a tour of the Clone facility. We don't want him to look like he's going to cut her head stalk off, do we?

Now I do think Jango Fett is done. I also don't think Baby Fett (Boba Kamino) needs a Geonosis figure. No thanks.

Zam is also done.

Dooku could take a nice neutral, non action pose figure with the cloak more wrapped around him. An extreme action pose with him really evil looking could be cool as well.

Luminara needs to be made neutral. Her padawan Bariss only requires one figure if done right: a highly poseable one which can be stood neutral.

R2D2 does not need another figure. If they want to make R2:

Jabba's Sailbarge as a cappacino machine.

OR REDO the darn lightsaber launching figure because it looks like such junk (Flashback R2) and this is my favorite R2 feature he could have!

Kit Fisto is a cool looking alien Jedi any way you cut it. A neutral Kit would be welcome too.

Mace needs a wild figure that's somehow simulating his cloak's on fire! That would be sweet!

The normal regular infantry Clone Trooper needs a highly articulated resculpt. And his paint should be totally clean.

That's about all I can think of right now.

But if Hasbro wants to sell an entire collection to KIDS right now, with the movie release, getting as close to 36 as possible would be great since last time 18 before the movie didn't move their sales for them as well.

And there was no one for kids to make the heroes fight. Maul and Battle Droid variations were being swallowed up. Sidious wasn't an "action villain." (Destroyers came out in June - after the movie had been out some time - but they weren't available for spontaneous purchase right as the kid leaves the movie theater).

Now we have 8 baddies already:

Jango
Boba
Dooku
Battle Droid
Super Droid
Tusken female
Geonosian Warrior
Zam Wessel

and you can view CloneTroopers, Chancellor's Crimson Guards, Taun We, and Dexter Jettster however you want (if you're a kid and have some imagination).

Plus the cardbacks show just a few of each figure, not making kids feel overwhelmed, but wetting their appetite for more.

Things could barely be better.

Nice job Hasbro!

mark2d2
05-14-2002, 02:05 AM
Nice wrap-up, Tycho.

But how could you forget R5-D4. For the love of God, where is this guy?

jobi
05-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Nice wrap-up, Tycho.

But how could you forget R5-D4. For the love of God, where is this guy?

OK OK!!! We get it, you want a R5-D4. Must you put it in every post you make?

:D

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by jobi

OK OK!!! We get it, you want a R5-D4. Must you put it in every post you make?

:D

I was thinking the same thing. Mark, what are you going to post about when the new R5-D4 comes out? R1-G4 maybe?

I'm just teasing you, Mark, I share your opinions on a lot of things, especially droids.

mark2d2
05-14-2002, 02:41 PM
R1-G4 would be amazing. Sadly, he went the way of the Imperial Dignitary . . .

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm not giving up on those 2 yet. There is still 2004 and 2005.

Tycho is right, this is going to be a good year. I'm looking foward to the Cantina sets from WalMart and the army building sets.

Beast
05-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I'm not giving up on those 2 yet. There is still 2004 and 2005.

Tycho is right, this is going to be a good year. I'm looking foward to the Cantina sets from WalMart and the army building sets.
There is also, 2006, 2007, and 2008 as the merchandising rites for Hasbro doesn't expire til 2008 and could always be renewed anytime between then and now. Remeber, the line survived no movie buzz from 1995 until the Special Editions in 1997, and then E1 in 1999. So I don't see Star Wars figures going away anytime soon. As long as we keep buying them, they will keep making them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks