PDA

View Full Version : The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight 15!!!

Tycho
05-09-2002, 09:49 PM
It's time for another great match in the SSG Battle of the Machines!

This is the second to last fight in the Preliminaries.

Tonight, Jango Fett's Slave-One takes on Obi-Wan Kenobi's Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter!

Lasers and Gamorreans, it's time for the ships and vehicles of Episode 2 to take over the final first match rounds!

Obi-Wan Kenobi blasts off from the Jedi Temple in the sleek, new Delta-7 Starfighter. A truncated R4 unit that Anakin hardwired into the ship helps him navigate the stars as Obi-Wan goes on important Jedi missions. The cockpit opens to accomodate him and an overhead mission display pannel rotates into position so Obi-Wan can make use of all the resources his little ship has to offer. This includes a multi-terrain landing gear that locks down to hold the ship in place in all sorts of alien climates. But when Obi-Wan is no longer exploring and he's ready to fight, the Starfighter's 4 laser cannons are not all that is at his disposal! Pop a secret attack mode conversion switch and the Delta-7 sheds its wings and strips down to a leaner fuselage packed with fire-power! Twin launching missles actually fire, and more than 6 laser cannons are locked into position, while stabalizer wings extend out for the tightest and fastest maneuvers!

Obi-Wan will need all the resources of his ship as he goes up against Jango Fett's Slave-One! The 3 seat Firespray Class patrol and attack craft is packed with hidden features. To start with, there's no tracking all of them! If you manage to attach a tracking device onto the hull of Slave-One, it's onboard systems will detect it and by flipping a pannel on the toys fuselage, you can instantly destroy and detection devices, or repair the ship to "brand new." What's more impressive is the firepower packed in this baby! After manually rotating the craft's stabalizer wings into flight position for fast manuevering, hit the hidden weapons control knob to pop open a secret hatch to reveal a quadruple firing rapid launch missle system! And it really works! Extra missles are stored in the back so you can always find the fire power you will need to hunt Jango Fett's prey. But sometimes you gotta scare them out a little - that's ok too. Slave One comes with 4 rapid release plasma charges that can also be deployed like space mines just in case it gets a little harder to pin point your quarry. Or if the contract says dead-or-alive, use them in combination with the missles to just blast them into one big disintegration! It's tough to outmatch or outgun Hasbro's all-new Slave-One!

Which one is your favorite ship that you think could best go on to meet the challenge of facing all the best of Hasbro's StarWars starcraft to win the singular title of being the Ultimate Hasbro Star Wars vehicle?

You will decide, vote, and discuss now!

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 10:12 PM
I like both these ships, they are very good toys. However, both have a few little flaws and what it came down to for me was which one's flaws were worse.

Jedi Starfighter:
- Seat/cockpit area is too far forward;
- Blast-off "wing" panels are difficult to re-apply without popping back off;
- No rear landing legs;
- The seat/cockpit issue causes difficulty to fit most figures correctly.

Jango's Slave I:
- Half the scale it should be;
- Cockpit sticker may be the worst to apply EVER;
- Cockpit doesn't rotate.

Basically, while I like them both quite a lot, between the 2 of them I'll chose the Slave I... barely.

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 10:29 PM
Don't have either of them.... yet.

Kernel
05-09-2002, 10:43 PM
I think the Ewok Glider is going to win the title.

stillakid
05-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Slave I wins by pure firepower. The Starfighter is easier to handle and fly around, but it has to jetison it's wings before it's able to attack at all.

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Since I don't as of yet have the Jedi Starfighter, I have to give the nod to Slave 1. Even if I had the JS, I think I'd vote the same way. I love the new color scheme and all the extras (firing missles, bombs, etc.).But I'm totally with JediTricks on the sticker thing. I especially had trouble getting the "wall display" stickers on right (Jango is gonna have to tilt his head side ways to read the left side of mine!:D ) How cool would a second round meeting between Slave 1's be? Geez. I hope Boba's Slave 1 wasn't knocked out already. I'd feel pretty dumb. Maybe I should research this stuff first.

plo kloon
05-10-2002, 03:42 AM
I have both. Ilike the jedi star fighter the best. With the ship in attack mode it almost resembles the sith infiltrator from the front.I do like the slave 1,but the starfighter is my favorite out of the 2.

The True Maul
05-10-2002, 06:37 AM
I'd have to go with Slave 1 more little hidden surprises then the jedi Starfighter. And is more fun to look at.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-10-2002, 10:03 AM
Of course this one's a no brainer. Being a "disciple" of the Mandalorian Warriors I have to go the party line and vote for the Slave 1. Although the JS has a more sleeker look, the Slave 1 is really menacing. With the huge amount of firepower, as well as holding three figures this one has the definite edge over the Starfighter.

jedi master sal
05-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Tycho you dirty rotten scoundrel! j/k.

These are two of the best. I love the new jedi starfighter. good look, sleek, small!

Slave one just has a "new" paint job. altough when this first came out in 1980 it was the best design. i's kind of old to me. so I voted J/S for he new look and playability. can't wait to see it in action.

Obehave Kenobi
05-10-2002, 01:17 PM
In a perfect world, I'd be able to vote for both of these, because I like them both very much. However, it's not, so I had to choose one. I went with Slave 1 over the Starfighter. They're both great sculpts, but Slave 1 has got the edge on fun. I can see myself running around my apartment shooting missles and dropping charges on unsuuspecting bounties right now:D Also, the design is a vast improvement over the original Slave 1. That sticker thing sucks, though. The Starfighter is a great design, and I like the way it can be displayed the way it appears in the film without the kid- friendly features getting in the way. However, in the end, it's no match for Jango and his ship.

NiktosRule
05-10-2002, 02:00 PM
I like both of these ships a lot but I had to go with the Slave 1 because of the weapons. I don't like the Jedi Starfighter's attack mode too much either. The cockpit decals for the Slave 1 were very frustrating though.

LusiferSam
05-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Like most people I like both, a lot. But I have to go with Slave 1. I'm not sold on the Jedi fighter yet. Until I see the wing pop off in the movie, I'll keep quite on the subject. But back to Slave 1, most of the new features are pretty cool. It can really hold three figures, I like spot of the jet pack. The missile firing is great. And the mine drop is cool (but again I want to see this in the movie).

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Don't have either yet, but I do plan to buy the Slave 1 first so I will have to go with that.:)

General Warpig
05-10-2002, 09:07 PM
I've bought both,but my wife's decided i cant open them(nor any of the figs) until the 16th!
I drooled over the boxes(until they were taken away and hidden!)Well "Slave 1"has the armament for sure and the "Jedi door-wedge" looks pretty slick!
But come may 16th I will be playing with "Slave 1" and my wife the "Jedi motorboat"Jango's just to scary for me to dis his ride!!!

dr_evazan22
05-10-2002, 09:31 PM
JS:
It's got the pre-Star Destroyer look going for it, as well as the other features that have been mentioned. I love this basic shape/design, because of the menace of the SD, and just b/c it's cool!:cool:
The landing gear really works! I don't have to finish pushing it into its housing.
I like the paint app.

Drawbacks for both:
They're both re-hashes - Slave 1 is, well... Slave 1 (even if it is super cool!). The JS brings to mind the SD, as I said earlier, and an A-Wing.

Slave 1:
A cool paint app. My S1 from POTF2 has a kind of fuzzy paint app where there was overspray (the jagged "paint chipping"/weathering wasn't jagged), this one is pretty sharp.
We don't have to worry about getting Han's frozen body in it, so the redesign works very well. In fact we get room for what they show in the movie- multiple fig's in cockpit and plenty of weapons.

This was a very close decision, but Slave 1 gets my vote. It's almost too bad for the JS that the closeness of the vote isn't reflected in the results.

Lord Tenebrous
05-11-2002, 11:35 PM
The Slave 1 remains one of the most creative ship designs in the Star Wars saga, and with a newer appearance, and the nostalgia factor, it easily wins over the Jedi Starfighter.

Battle Droid
05-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Got the Slave 1 today and LOVE it! I never had any of the OT Slave 1, it's an AWESOME ship!

Got little Boba to go with it.

My vote goes for the Slave 1 for sure. :D

Tycho
08-09-2002, 01:37 PM
The new Slave-One is one of my all-time favorite Star Wars vehicles from Hasbro.

It is quite possibly the most fun of any of them to play with.

I love stuff that flies and rapid-fire missles that really shoot top my list of things I like in the toys, besides electronic sounds. But even without them, Slave-One is fully loaded with features and I love having this ship in my collection. As I'm finally posting now, revealing my vote, this ship is currently going strong into the champion rounds as it pounds on the Naboo Starfighter in the Semi-Finals at the moment while I'm posting!

Gosh I love this toy vehicle!