PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Duel Playset?????

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-09-2002, 10:23 PM
First I must say that Hasbro really impressed me with the Bespin Duel Luke/Vader figs.....Now I am wondering if the accesories they are packaged with could be for a future Bespin Duel playset? We have heard about the Clone Troopers which will come with parts for the gunship so why not these two figures? I mean, Why not? they already have the Bespin Freeze Chamber that Im sure they could find a neat way to have the other playset attach to. What do you folks think?

nixxer
05-09-2002, 10:34 PM
That would be really cool, but I wouldn't hold my breath.....

Masterjedi73
05-10-2002, 08:19 AM
We need a really large playset now. Most of the playsets that come out are rather small, but we need something like the Vintage Death Star Space Station playset again. That would be great.

Are there any plans for a Millennium Falcon re-release?

What are the plans for large playsets??? Anything?

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-10-2002, 08:25 AM
think of how cool the bespin duel playset could be with break away glass and boxes that could be launched into the window.... slide tubes which leads to the weather vane(which by the way looks like it is made to snap into something when you move the suction cup)
Vader's Accesory looks like it fits onto something also

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 08:40 AM
Are we certain that these parts don't already fit into the existing CFC playset? It wouldn't be too surprising to see Hasblah pull something like that on us. I don't have the CFC set, so I don't have a clue. Just putting it out there for exploration.

jblodgett
05-10-2002, 08:50 AM
Why couldn't you put Luke/Vader into the bespin freeze chamber playset?

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Masterjedi73
We need a really large playset now. Most of the playsets that come out are rather small, but we need something like the Vintage Death Star Space Station playset again. That would be great.

Are there any plans for a Millennium Falcon re-release?

What are the plans for large playsets??? Anything?

I agree, I'd love to see a huge playset again.

Unfortunately, we won't see any full playsets for the Original Trilogy for at least two years. Hasbro will be concentrating on AOTC for that long, although there are a few OT figures like the Bespin wave that will be released during that time.

On the bright side, the Geonosis Arena for AOTC looks pretty good to me, and it should be about 2 ft. wide. And there are supposed to be two additional AOTC playsets after that which can be joined with it, one hangar playset, and one of the Droid Conveyor Belt.

The Arena playset will retail for $39.99, and it will be released this fall.

There aren't any current plans to bring back the Millenium Falcon :( I'd love to see a resculpt personally, but it just isn't feasible on Hasbros part. And since the current re-used vintage mold could be found on store shelves up until about 2 years ago, I doubt they are planning to re release the POTF2 version either.

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-10-2002, 11:11 AM
the parts do not fit on the cfc.....we already have the only two figs we need for the bespin duel playset.....guess my imagination is just wild

SNAYSON
05-10-2002, 11:20 AM
i would like to see BIG play sets like the death star! A bespin Playset sounds good to me!

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-10-2002, 02:23 PM
The new BD figs do look wonderful on the cfc playset..I just remeber the old bespin micro playset which had 3 sections that attached...it let recreation of the classic duel run wild

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 02:28 PM
I would LOVE a full sized playset just like the Micor Bespin. That thing RULED! :) I think I may actually have to get one of those off Ebay when I have the money.

chubbychicken
06-28-2002, 12:26 AM
that would b so sweet if they made it but i wouldnt count on it

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-28-2002, 01:13 AM
dang nabit!!! All these ideas are gettin' me giddy, but none of them are likely!!! I'm sure some folks have some custom playsets they've made and if you have them, post their pics!!! I guy here in cols has a vintage Death Star Playset and he talked about it for nearly 25 min. all i wanted to do was leave, but he just kept talking and talking!! anyway, yeah, sorry, where was I?

Jayspawn
06-28-2002, 03:00 AM
I'd like to see a Bespin playset, but I dought it'll happen for some time.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-28-2002, 07:43 AM
I so cant wait for the hanger playset so we can re-enact obi-wan vs dooku, Anakin vs Dooku, and YODA vs dooku once that playset is out obi wan,anakin,dooku,and yoda are all in their dueling, also cant wait for the arena playset either where we can re-enact the beast part's, the jedi arriving, the jedi dueling, and yoda and the clone troopers and then whooping the droids around

JON9000
06-28-2002, 11:37 AM
I like playsets as long as they are well done, like the vintage death star. Every playset so far since 1995 has disappointed, although I cannot speak for the CFC. The Detention Block Escape and those 2 EpI playsets were big let downs. A Bespin one would rock, if Hasbro would do it up right!

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
I like playsets as long as they are well done, like the vintage death star. Every playset so far since 1995 has disappointed, although I cannot speak for the CFC. The Detention Block Escape and those 2 EpI playsets were big let downs. A Bespin one would rock, if Hasbro would do it up right!

Well it depends on if you consider the Ep1 Royal Starship a vehicle or a playset. It really had elements of both (like the original Falcon did) with more play value than any regular playset Hasbro has ever released.