PDA

View Full Version : I don't even collect the Legos, but. . .

El Chuxter
09-10-2001, 03:01 PM
I picked up C-3PO, Pit Droid, and Battle Droid on clearance at a local Wal-Mart (C-3PO was only $5!) and got all but the Battle Droid assembled last night. They're awesome! I haven't played with Legos since around the time of my last vintage figure war, but these were the most fun I've had with Star Wars toys in recent memory.

I'm considering paying the big bucks for the Stormtrooper and Droideka (I haven't seen either on clearance). Are they worth the higher prices?

(BTW, JediTricks, I couldn't resist the subject.) ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2001, 07:45 PM
Legos?Legos? LEGOS?!? El Chuxter, they are Lego blocks, not Legos. They do not like them to be called that. Their "hired goons" are some of the most ruthless in the toy industry; don't provoke them! ;)

By the way, congrats on the good prices. :)

GNT
09-11-2001, 04:14 AM
I picked up the set With Watto and the Podracer! God I hope they use real scan for the heeads of like Jar Jar and Watto :D

JediTricks
09-11-2001, 06:19 AM
Lego blocks? Lego blocks? Lego blocks?!? Bel-cam, they are Lego Bricks, not Lego blocks. ;)

Congrats on the buys Chux, I would say that the Droideka is definitely worth the money since it's big and has nifty action, even if the legs cannot fold up. Dunno about the Stormie though, I don't have 'im.

I don't have the Technic 3PO either, so a review would be cool.

El Chuxter
09-11-2001, 01:00 PM
Technic C-3PO is incredible! I'll post a review when I can look at it in more depth. But I got the Battle Droid put together last night, and it takes the cake.

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 09:40 AM
Bah.....they're LEGOS. Have been since I was a child. What kind of anal retentive toy company represses the way their toys are referred to? What if I called them Star Wars dollies and Hasbro came up and said "No. No, they are Action Figures..." and I said "Action Dollies?" and they said " No! Action FIGURES!!" and I said "Dollie Figures??" and they screamed and threw their hands up and walked away and I went back to playing with my toys...heh. LEGOS. LEGOS! LEGOS!!!

JediTricks
09-12-2001, 10:28 AM
Calling them "Legos" is like calling your Star Wars 3 3/4" action figures "Hasbros". Both are company names, not product titles. Would you call video game cartridges or discs "Nintendoes" or "Playstations"? ;)

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Calling them "Legos" is like calling your Star Wars 3 3/4" action figures "Hasbros". Both are company names, not product titles. Would you call video game cartridges or discs "Nintendoes" or "Playstations"? ;)

that might be true if Hasbro solely made Star Wars figures. But as far as I can tell, they make a variety of toy products including your favorite and mine, JT, POKEMON!! (yayy!!!) LEGO, on the other hand, makes one kind of toy....LEGOS!!!;)

JediTricks
09-13-2001, 12:24 PM
Ah, but Lego makes more than just bricks, they started not even as a toy company, it was started by a carpenter who made toys on the side out of wood that were regarded as being so fine that they ultimately became the focus of his business, and eventually plastic, and the brick design, became the main focus of the company. However, they still make other stuff like books, watches, role-play toys like foam swords and shields, and other stuff.

Eternal Padawan
09-14-2001, 01:28 AM
LEGO watches? I had no idea...

GNT
09-14-2001, 06:18 AM
Legos? Legos? Legos?!? geez, its Lego, not Legos!

That is all besides Lego is expensive!

El Chuxter
09-14-2001, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

I do call my little men Hasbros! :p

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2001, 05:36 PM

I'd buy a LEGO watch. ;) Would it have curved "Y" shaped hands on it? Or a yellow happy "face?" :)

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

I'd buy a LEGO watch. ;) Would it have curved "Y" shaped hands on it? Or a yellow happy "face?" :)

And just imagine how it would fasten around your wrist. Click! Snap!

Sean the Hutt
10-16-2001, 04:46 AM
actualy the tie fighter box says LEGO building toy

LTBasker
10-16-2001, 03:28 PM
LEGO: The company name and brand.
A LEGO: A LEGO piece, singular.
LEGOs: Plural, more than one LEGO. Example: "I like LEGOs." not, "I like a LEGO."

There. :D

JediTricks
10-17-2001, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
LEGO: The company name and brand.
A LEGO: A LEGO piece, singular.
LEGOs: Plural, more than one LEGO. Example: "I like LEGOs." not, "I like a LEGO."

There. :D Only one thing in that statement is true, "LEGO: The company name and brand." :p

LTBasker
10-20-2001, 07:19 AM
Then what would you call them if you saw a giant lot of LEGO bricks? Lot-o-Lego? :p

A LEGO brick: a brick from the LEGO brand toys from the LEGO company. So... take off the brick, you get a LEGO; a LEGO brick, piece, sword, helmet, whatever. Take off the A and make it plural; LEGOs, LEGO bricks, LEGO pieces, LEGO swords, LEGO helmets, LEGO whatevers.

I didn't fall asleep enough in english... :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-20-2001, 06:35 PM
Not to be a punk, the only reason I brought up the "LEGO/LEGOS" issue, is that the company itself has mentioned in the past that LEGOS is not a term they prefer. "LEGO bricks" or "LEGO blocks" are fine. That's all.

With another toy, I used to call them "cars," not "Matchbox" or "Hot Wheels." Is that wrong?

LTBasker
10-20-2001, 09:19 PM
Nah, as long as it isn't a boat or something you're calling a car. ;)

GNT
10-21-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Nah, as long as it isn't a boat or something you're calling a car. ;)

What if it is a Boat/Car then what?

LTBasker
10-21-2001, 03:30 AM
Then you call it "that funky contraption." :p

Eternal Padawan
10-21-2001, 11:36 AM
What if it was a specific car like the General Lee or the Batmobile?

Huh? What then smartypants?? HUH!?!?!

Back to the argumen...I mean discussion. If someone is talking about toys and they say "I was playing with Legos." You know what they are talking about. If somebody says "I was playing with Hasbros" you look at them funny and either back away or ask them to elaborate. then they say "I was playing with Star Wars figures." then you say "ooohhhhhh" But you didn't need any elaboration with the LEGOS because that's what they are . LEGOS!!!!

JediTricks
10-22-2001, 02:56 AM
Lego makes more than just the brick line of toys, so it IS like saying "I am playing with hasbros".

LTBasker
10-22-2001, 07:53 PM
But that is pretty much what they're most famous for.

bigbarada
10-28-2001, 09:30 PM
The way I see it: I'm the one paying for them, I call them what I want.

JediTricks
10-28-2001, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The way I see it: I'm the one paying for them, I call them what I want. *knock knock* "Open up, this is the Lego police, we have a warrant!" ;)

bigbarada
10-30-2001, 09:43 AM
Oh my gosh! They're on to me!! :eek: (grabs LEGO Darth Vader and runs for the hills):)

Eternal Padawan
10-30-2001, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The way I see it: I'm the one paying for them, I call them what I want.

'So I was playing with my johnson the other day...'

"YOUR WHAT?!?!?"

"My johnson. It's these little bricks that connect together and stuff..."

"oh. You mean LEGOS...."

"Well, I'm the one paying for 'em. I calls 'em what I like. And I like my johnson..."

THE REST OF THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED AND SANITIZED FOR YOU SAFETY.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2001, 08:09 PM
On the subject of "what do you call them," did any of you have your own names for certain LEGO pieces? Some of mine and my friends' were:

Benders (big and little)
Turners (big and little)
Light fixtures
Hairs
Bases
Radars
Air tanks
Windshields
Slopes

Does this officially make me weird? ;)