PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Wal-Mart Layaway : (

BanthaPoodoo
05-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Well, I was excited last night because I was finally gonna pay out my layaway at Wal-Mart. Went to the back & when they pulled the items & sat them on the counter I was a little bit mad.

I am a MOC, MIMB collector. I know they're toys but I like em in their prisons (well Star Wars toys anyway). Anyway, I had 24 Saga figures & a snowspeeder on layaway. The person brings out my stuff and this is what I saw:

Snowspeeder - The person that put it in the back for me had wrapped packing tape all the way around the box of the snowspeeder, so when I tried to pull it off, yep you guessed it, the box, paper, plastic etc came off with it. It must have been industrial strength cause it did a number on it. Mark 1 to return.

Figures - I got these home & was excited to be able to have a whole set. Well, I knew already that I was going to return 15 cause I bought the ones with the background so I didnt need the ones without. Got to looking at the other figures & four of em had been demolished. The bubbles were all bent & creased, some of the cards were folded to make em fit in the box. I was like son of a biscuit!!!!!!!!!!! So now that makes 19 to return. I only kept 5 out of the original 24 I had on layaway.

What does this teach me?? I am never going to put anything on layaway ever again. I shoulda just bought the stuff when I saw it but I figured I would put it on there so that I could buy other stuff as I was paying the layaway. It was a good plan but it didnt work in the end.

So now here comes my question. My WM only got 4 snowspeeders (& they still have about 6 TIE Fighters).

Would anyone be willing to trade for a snowspeeder? I have positive feedback at Ebay & in the forums here. I can easily find the new Saga figures. I can also find a Garindan, Tarkin, Ponda Baba (all with holograms) at my local Freds Dollar Store.

I will even send cash/check/money order to get this Snowspeeder.

Please, help me out!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Tough luck BPD. That 's exactly why I'd never put anything on layaway unless I didn't care about the packaging condition. I'd rather do my own layaway under the shelves, if you catch my drift. ;)

eliwankenobi
05-10-2002, 11:16 AM
My pal up in Northern California had the same prob at his Wal-Mart a couple years ago. He found a bunch of TPM and CTC figs that he put on layaway for a couple weeks, and when he went back to pick them up he found that they had smashed and folded all the cards to fit them all into a too-small box. He's an opener, but he was still ****ed because of the principle involved. He argued with the clerk saying that he should get them discounted as damaged items because they destroyed all the packaging. Being the worthless 'tards they are, they refused any discount. He took them anyway, but doesn't use layaway anymore.

Wal-Mart SUCKS!!!!!

I'd love to help you out with a Speeder, but I haven't even seen either those or the Bombers anywhere around me.

LTBasker
05-10-2002, 07:03 PM
You can't really blame it on the employees not having boxes for everything, they just use left-over boxes from storage for the stuff, it's not like they have special made boxes.

Sean the Hutt
05-10-2002, 07:51 PM
I have a snow speeder w/ a slight crease in the side flap..I have yet to see any with out. I want the tie bomber and would trade or buy it from you! see you in the trade section?

BanthaPoodoo
05-12-2002, 02:12 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha......... (me laughing at the WM customer service person) :D :D :D :D

Well, I walked to customer service with 19 figures. The look on that persons face was classic... She would scan a barcode, slam the scanner on the counter, go thumbing through the receipt & find the one it was, then go about scanning the next one, again slamming the scanner. I was trying so hard not to laugh at her. Anyway, this alone was worth the aggravation of getting the snowspeeder screwed up at layaway!!!!!! :):) Oh well, serves em right!!!!

The good thing that came out of this story is I went to a WM about 200 miles away & they had two snowspeeders. I got one & the other four figures I needed to replace from the doofus at WM where I live. So my day is complete. I get the satisfaction of watching that poor person getting mad, & I get a snowspeeder too......

Aaaaaaaah, aint life grand!! :):):):):)

Turbowars
05-12-2002, 05:10 PM
On Friday I went to pick up my Boomber and Speeder from Walmart Layaway. I had about the same problem like above, but my speeder was switch with another speeder that the canopy was off the hinges and the plastic was all scratched from the inside. On a good note I hid a boomber for this reason and ended up some what happy. I will not use the layaway again, I'll just hid it like a little kid.

Amanamike
05-12-2002, 10:18 PM
This is why hiding toys is a good thing. My problem is my Walmart finds my hidden ones all the time. OH well I should find better spots I guess

sith_killer_99
05-12-2002, 11:01 PM
WOW, that is unfortunate.:(

I just picked up some stuff I had on layaway @ WM. The difference is that the employee let me put the figs in the box when I put 'em on layaway. Then she taped it up in front of me.

Today the box and figs were in great shape.;)

As for the snowspeeders, they seem to be warming the shelf out here. TIE Bomber's are flying out the stores. The speeder may have 2 figs but the TIE just ROCKS!!!:D

Turbowars
05-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Hell yah the Boomber rocks!! It's huge, I mean the wings are the size of the box. I just might have to open it, or maybe find another to open.

sith_killer_99
05-12-2002, 11:13 PM
What good is a ship if it's still in the box?;)

LOL

At least Hasbro has put clear windows in the boxes so that MIMB collectors can see where their money went.:D

I had to open this baby (and every other ship). It is a big ship, but a little smaller that I had thought it would be. I am comparing it with my Vader's TIE and TIE Interceptor.

Now I wish Hasbro would redo the regular TIE fighter to match the new ships.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-14-2002, 02:16 PM
Man, some employees really need to get some new brains and learn some etiquette.

PS: How big is the TIE-Bomber?

:(

Turbowars
05-14-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Man, some employees really need to get some new brains and learn some etiquette.

PS: How big is the TIE-Bomber?

:( Oh I'd say about 12'X 11'X 7' I still can't figure out how they got such a big ship in such a tiny box????? No, but seriously it's about 12" wide 11" long and 7 " high. I love it!