PDA

View Full Version : Endor Rebel Soldier (merged)

2tall
05-10-2002, 10:58 AM
If you look at the picture on the label. It looks like the guy is holding a lightsaber or is it a flashlight?

SplFrcsCWO
05-10-2002, 01:33 PM
It sure does look like a lightsaber.

LTBasker
05-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Yeah I was wondering about that, it looks exactly like Luke's ROTJ saber.

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 06:34 PM
I was going to post that, but forgot about it :-/

jobi
05-10-2002, 08:43 PM
I think it is the barrel of his rifle tucked under his arm

lobster-man
05-11-2002, 04:47 AM
I just want to know why he looks like MTV's TOM GREENE when Ya' put his helmet on? My Anti-Star Wars wife pointed this one out after I ponderred it for hours...If it is Tom, heaven forbid he is given a lightsaber!!! Let's just hope the next head sculpt doesn't look like Conan O'Brien! :crazed:

LTBasker
05-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Actually it's supposed to look like the dude in the picture who is some guy from Kenner or Hasbro though it's easy to notice that they made the skin on the figure perfectly clear and pale which is why it unfortunetly looks like tom green.

Dak Powers
05-11-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by lobster-man
I just want to know why he looks like MTV's TOM GREENE when Ya' put his helmet on? My Anti-Star Wars wife pointed this one out after I ponderred it for hours...If it is Tom, heaven forbid he is given a lightsaber!!! Let's just hope the next head sculpt doesn't look like Conan O'Brien! :crazed:

What?!? I would buy armies of Conan Rebs!!

2-1B
05-12-2002, 02:18 AM
What a foolish image to put on the blister. So many shots from the movie and they had to use that one? :mad:
The lightsaber similarity is spooky. I bet they were just goofing around - whether or not they actually planned to screw up the packaging I can't say. :D

yngadult
05-13-2002, 06:25 PM
Maybe he's holding one of those grenades.

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Actually, Caesar buddy, that's a Hasbro worker... I read this somewhere... I don't believe this chap was actually in the movie.

Beast
05-13-2002, 07:08 PM
I think Caesar knows that, he's just upset that they decided to not only design the face after one of the old Kenner Elmployees, but also to use his image for the card. Instead of doing one of the actual soldiers that appeared in the movie. As for who the person on the card is, here's the scoop.

It's based on Mark Boudreaux, longtime Kenner and now Hasbro designer. His first projects included the original Millennium Falcon toy from almost a quarter of a century ago. The info and the following picture of him with Jeremy Bulloch are from Rebelscum. I can't seem to find, and can't recall who the second headsculpt is of. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 08:35 PM
I swear, ol' boy Fett looks more different in each picture than the last :) Is it just me or does anybody else see that too?

PS: I know Bulloch's the one on the right :)

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 11:54 PM
The image on the label is from the Decipher card for Sergeant Junkin, except they added a beard to the image. If anyone want's to track down the Decipher card image and post it...

Beast
05-14-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
The image on the label is from the Decipher card for Sergeant Junkin, except they added a beard to the image. If anyone want's to track down the Decipher card image and post it...
It's similar, but I think they did a whole head swap in this case. Here is the Decipher card you were talking about, EP. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Looking more closely, they might have actually REMOVED the beard for the card image. It looks like some photoshop chicanery going on there. It would be funny if the image was a Decipher employee (as they often did) and Hasbro (owners of WOTC, stealers of card licenses) is now using the image on their figure...

Beast
05-14-2002, 12:13 AM
Never mind, it's more then similar. It's the same picture just with a beard photoshopped in (or removed?), just like EP said. Ya think they would have atleast photoshoped in the whole face of Mark Boudreaux. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Do they have an image of the alternate troop up? And i mean the label image, not the toy. And what's up with Hasbro releasing the old version of the figure without variant multi cultural head sculpts? Just take a look at "Rapid Deployment" from the Decipher cards to see all the various Endor Troopers they could mane (including Gim "Wooly" Riis!) I at least want the black Endor Rebel Troop...

LTBasker
05-14-2002, 01:29 AM
When it comes to releasing the non-bearded version, I wonder if they'll use the original non-bearded pic so maybe they added the beard to decipher's picture just for the bearded version like they added the red to the picture on insert of the Red Clone Trooper which was originally just a plain Clone Trooper picture.

'Course they could also use a different picture entirely and just added a beard and different background to the Decipher pic so it wouldn't be EXACTLY like the CCG cards to offer a bit of..."flavor."

sunblind
05-14-2002, 06:53 AM
do we really need endor troopers? i'd rather have a pod racer builder set.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 10:37 AM
I'd only want Endor Troop builders if they were all different. no two endor troops looked alike. it's different with stormtroopers and Battledroids, but all the Alliance guys are individuals and at least some of them deserve their own figure.

Especially Gim "Wooly" Riis and The Black guy...

2-1B
05-14-2002, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking about returning my Endor trooper. I just can't get over this poor image use. :( I only bought him to keep carded, and that guy's mug just doesn't fit in with my collection. :D

Beast
05-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Caesar, don't return it....send it to me. So I may free him from his plastic prison. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
05-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I'd only want Endor Troop builders if they were all different. no two endor troops looked alike. it's different with stormtroopers and Battledroids, but all the Alliance guys are individuals and at least some of them deserve their own figure.

Especially Gim "Wooly" Riis and The Black guy...
I hear ya man!;)

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 01:37 PM
I thought I'd type up a brief review of the Endor Rebel Soldier (with goatee, of course)...for no real reason, I guess...

The Good: Outstanding sculpt all around and some of the beat detailing on a figure to date. The paint apps are extremely well done. Great articulation in the arms. I'd give it an A if I kept my figures in the package.

The Bad: The rifle is all bent up from the package, which makes the addition of the blast effect a moot point. Molded sleaves restict movement but it doesn't detract from the overall figure. The holes in the arms for wrist articulation seem to be a little oversized, which might be in purpose to allow the figure to hold his weapon better. This doesn't really help much so it would have been better for it to have those joints tighter.

The Ugly: He looks like Tom Green!?!

AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 01:48 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8143

RooJay
06-11-2002, 04:32 PM
I actually think the arm joints are purposely a bit loose so that you can take the arms off to remove the jacket. It looks nice like that as well, and is a bit of a bonus for those of us who like to customize!

Dar' Argol
06-11-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Laserbrain
The Ugly: He looks like Tom Green!?!

AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I have been saying all along!! But JarJar doesn't see it. Here is proof.

*****WARNING*****

Sick, sick picture below:eek:

Endor Tom Green (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=95141)

Beast
06-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
That is what I have been saying all along!! But JarJar doesn't see it. Here is proof.
*****WARNING*****
Sick, sick picture below:eek:
Endor Tom Green (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=95141)
I don't see it, because it looks like who it is supposed to look like, the same Kenner/Hasbro employee that I have stated before. Just because it bears a "slight" resemblace to Tom Green, doesn't mean it is him. I bearly see any resemblance, actually. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 07:50 PM
If you notice in the picture of Tom Green, he's even got the same split in his hair as the Endor Trooper figure. :rolleyes:

Dar' Argol
06-11-2002, 08:01 PM
He he he :evil:. I know, ain't it great!!

JarJar, I love yanking your ear buddy!! I still think it looks like him. So any idea on who I can cutomize into a Jonny Knocksville to kick his butt???

Rogue II
06-11-2002, 08:08 PM
It is actually Brendan Shanahan of the Detroit Red Wings.

I have proof!

Beast
06-11-2002, 08:14 PM
Directs Dar'Argol back to post #15 of this thread. :p :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8906

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

linsjedi
06-11-2002, 10:54 PM
I just got the Endor Rebel Trooper tonight. Why on the little photo is the Endor Trooper holding a lightsaber?

Has this been addressed here and if so please send me the link to the thread.

thanks

linsjedi

Lord Tenebrous
06-11-2002, 10:59 PM
I can't recall if it's been discussed, but...

Yes, it's a lightsaber, but it's Luke's...the soldier on the insert is in the process of handing it back to him.

I can't recall if it's a cut scene or a publicity still, though...

UPDATE: It's a publicity still.

linsjedi
06-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks!

linsjedi

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 11:21 PM
And here I thought it was a grenade...

He has grenades on the bandolier across his chest but no way to fire them...I figured they were the kind you throw the pin and drop the grenade...or something...

Beast
06-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Here you go, yep it's been discussed some. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7918

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stad
06-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Dang, that is Shanny!
Go Wings!