PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan

gibbspaulus
05-10-2002, 11:59 AM
If the new Obi-Wan comes with the all-new, on every other figure slashing-action will he sit in the fighter cokcpit with his arm sticking up in the air?

It's just that as Padme's arm is fixed in the 'up' position, and the other Jedi can only slash down (what point is there is slashing up) I was wondering why bother to make a figure to go in the ship if the 'action feature' gets in the way?

jedi_uk73
05-10-2002, 12:42 PM
I thinks it's Hasbro's way of making more money.

They possibly think nowadays that collectors leave the figures carded, so no need to put them in vehicles.

Useless for diorama makers too.

gibbspaulus
05-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Unless he's permanently pointing at things - Littlewoods catalogue Jedi

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by gibbspaulus
If the new Obi-Wan comes with the all-new, on every other figure slashing-action will he sit in the fighter cokcpit with his arm sticking up in the air?

It's just that as Padme's arm is fixed in the 'up' position, and the other Jedi can only slash down (what point is there is slashing up) I was wondering why bother to make a figure to go in the ship if the 'action feature' gets in the way?

I don't think the Pilot Obi Wan comes with a slashing gimmick. I believe he just comes with the cloak, transmitter, and possibly a magnet in his hand.

But if he does, it wouldn't get in the way if it ways like Kit Fistos. His arm looks perfectly normal in it's regular position.

Beast
05-10-2002, 03:34 PM
He does have a slashing action, but it shouldnt interfere with him fitting in the Jedi Starfighter. He probably has a magnet in his hand also. Nice to see that the cloak has been improved from the version that was shown at Toy Fair. He looks to be a very cool figure. Here is a picture of the carded figure from Rebelscum. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
He does have a slashing action, but it shouldnt interfere with him fitting in the Jedi Starfighter. He probably has a magnet in his hand also. Nice to see that the cloak has been improved from the version that was shown at Toy Fair. He looks to be a very cool figure. Here is a picture of the carded figure from Rebelscum. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Interesting... I wonder if he actully DOES slash anything while he's wearing that headband on Kamino. He doesn't have it on during his confrontation with Jango does he?

I'm betting he does have a magnet in his hand based on the fact that they gave him a metal lightsaber. The only figure with a metal saber so far who hasn't had a magnet feature was Yoda.

Beast
05-10-2002, 03:49 PM
No, he doesn't have the headband on when he fights Jango, but it's no real problem. Remember that the figures are for kids...and they arn't going to stick exactly to the movie of what happens. When they are playing, Obi-Wan is gonna jump out of his Jedi Starfighter and ignite his blade and kick some butt. And us collectors can always buy 2 and do a head swap. That's what I am planning to do. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
No, he doesn't have the headband on when he fights Jango, but it's no real problem. Remember that the figures are for kids...and they arn't going to stick exactly to the movie of what happens. When they are playing, Obi-Wan is gonna jump out of his Jedi Starfighter and ignite his blade and kick some butt. And us collectors can always buy 2 and do a head swap. That's what I am planning to do. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

True, it's not anything that's going to bother me. I was planning on swapping heads also, but I wonder if Pilot Obi will be the same size as the Coruscant Chase Obi. He really is a bit smaller than he should be compared to the other figures sizes, and his head seems noticably small to me. It's not something I really notice when he is just standing next to a few other figures, but with a different head on him I think it'll be more obvious.

JEDIpartner
05-10-2002, 04:30 PM
I think C.C. Obi-Wan's head is fine... now that I redetailed it. He looks less like Richard Chamberlain now. I am getting two of these so I can swap heads on one of them. They keep giving Obi-Wan these thin little girly eyebrows. :frus: Oh, well... at least he's not cross-eyed like all of the Anakin figures.

DeadEye
05-10-2002, 05:19 PM
How can you swap heads anyway? Wouldn't pulling them out destroy their necks?

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
How can you swap heads anyway? Wouldn't pulling them out destroy their necks?

The common way of doing it is known as "boil 'n' pop", and that's basically what it is. If you boil the figure for about 2 minutes the plastic becomes soft enough that the head (or arms or legs) will pop out of the joint without damaginf the joint.

Once the plastic cools off, it's just as hard as it was before.:)

Beast
05-10-2002, 05:44 PM
You can also, Read More About It over at http://ffurg.com/. They even have instructions on how to make your own customs, so it's a great resource if your just starting out in customizing. Hope that helps, DeadEye. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
05-10-2002, 06:00 PM
Wow! Thanks... :cool:

Jargo
05-10-2002, 06:05 PM
I prefer to see it this way. I reckon all the labels should be printed like this in future. :evil:

DeadEye
05-10-2002, 08:06 PM
:confused:

wedgeA
05-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Have any of you seen his pic w/o the cloak. What is up with his deformed arm? Although it may be in order to fit the cloak, I don't remember other figures w/ clothes made this way. Anyway, I think it is still a solid fig with the cloak on. This along with new new Anakin and Padme looks to be a nice assortment.

Jargo
05-10-2002, 08:27 PM
here he is - Olivia Newton-Kenobi in Xanadu outfit without the robe and notice how crappy and thin his arm is. EEEEUUUWWWW!!! poopy figure! :eek: