PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Luke Bespin's lightsaber?

jblodgett
05-10-2002, 11:20 AM
I managed to locate this figure this morning--- how terrible is his lightsaber?????

It is just a piece of metal pipe with a very small grip at the base. It doesn't look like his lightsaber at all!

The rest of this character is really pretty good- but that-- that just looks hideous.

CrossWizard
05-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Not to mention the small globs of cheap black paint that rub off easier than dust off a book cover.

jblodgett
05-10-2002, 11:30 AM
A solution!!

I think I may have found a solution to this problem...

I have taken the metal hilted saber which is included with the Luke Bespin-- and given it to my Hangar Duel Anakin! Then, I have taken the Hanger Duel Anakin's blue saber, which looks much more like Luke's saber- and given it to Luke!

Hooray! Problem solved!

Tonysmo
05-10-2002, 02:32 PM
anyone know which variation is the HTF version?
I found both at a local toys r us, but only bought one ( bloody stump ).

Thanks for any info

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
anyone know which variation is the HTF version?
I found both at a local toys r us, but only bought one ( bloody stump ).

Thanks for any info

The figure was apparently switched from the bloody to non-bloody.

Most people I've heard have had a really hard time finding the bloody version, so it looks like they didn't see very wide distribution before they were discontinued. Good choice! :)

brentfett
05-10-2002, 03:18 PM
Wanna see something funny? See how long Luke can swing his saber pressing that lame button before the magnetic hand either flies off or tilts to a thumb-down position. The gimmicks are ruining these figures. Thank god all I wanted out of this figure was to hang him upside down from the weather vane. That's about all it is good for.