PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber Peg help

Paul-Kenobi
05-10-2002, 06:33 PM
today i was playing with Anakin Hanger duel and unfortently he fell off the desk and his Blue saber peg broke off and is stuck in down in the hilt is there anyway i can fix this to make the saber still have a removeable blade ? or will i have to buy another one ?

SuperBattleDroid88
05-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Sorry can't help ya there!!!!!!! I would go :crazed: crazy :crazed: if one of mine broke!!!!!! Sorry that happened to you man.... :(

187-Maul
05-10-2002, 07:34 PM
the same happened to me a couple of hours ago but with my deluxe darth maul shirtless (his saber can be taken in two)
I guess I'll glue it since I don't play with my figs and I display him with the lightsaber together

Paul-Kenobi
05-10-2002, 07:39 PM
there's got to be some way!

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey Paul Kenobi,
Take a pin hold it with vise grips, and get it really hot.Try to stick it into the broken tip.Let it cool.It might stick to the pin enough to get it out.Glueing it back on the blade and having it stay is another issue that I can't help with.Give it a whirl and let us know.Don't drive it right in just enough to melt the plastic and have it stick to the pin

Paul-Kenobi
05-10-2002, 08:03 PM
a pin as in a Paper Pin ???????

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 08:09 PM
hey Paul,No a sewing pin the smaller the better.The light saber pin itself is really small.Get it red hot and get the hot plastic to cool and harden to the metel pin.try to get as close to center as possible.Sorry i wasn't more clear about the type of pin

Paul-Kenobi
05-10-2002, 08:15 PM
thanks ill try

Paul-Kenobi
05-10-2002, 08:33 PM
i got it as hot as i could but theres risk i could burn my self i tryed it it wouldnt work for me at lest........ i don't want to damage anything to bad

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 08:35 PM
hey it was worth a try.that really is the only idea iIhave.I used to do it alot building models.

Paul-Kenobi
05-10-2002, 08:48 PM
i know i'm geting ****ed off by the 2nt my perents wont buy me a new one they and alll they keep bothing me with is glueing the bades together I DON'T WANNT GLUE THE BLADES TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there anyway i can just buy the lightsaber itself ? form hasbro or anything iu wouldnt mind a bag full of the same lightsabers

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Paul-Kenobi, I think I can help you out with a replacement lightsaber. PM me.

Croaker
05-11-2002, 08:28 AM
The green sabre of my Anakin Hangar broke off as I was trying to take it from the package.
Tried to superglue it and that didn't work at all. I'll have to get some of that platic/model glue and try that.

I think that they should do an accessory kit filled with lightsabre blades and handles. Maybe some different colours too.

187-Maul
05-11-2002, 08:39 AM
I figured that with all the removable blades they would break at some time
imagine a 7 ot 8 year old kid would get them and play with them - they would be broken in a few days (or even hours)
hasbro shouls just do it like theydid with naboo qui-gon and obi-wan: pack an ignited AND normal hilt with the figure and voila, no braking lightsabers anymore

Dryanta
05-11-2002, 08:48 AM
hey croaker,
Model cement won't work either.it's designed for styrene plastic.It melts the plastic pieces together.i don't think it will work with the saber material.Some form of epoxy would be my best guess.And you're right maul.Give us two version.I see alot of figures in toy boxes with lost sabers.That equalls unhappy kids and parents.