PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Stump variations shipping together?

2-1B
05-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
I'm wondering if the bloody and nonbloody Bespin Luke variations are shipping together in your area?

Today I was browsing at WM and happened upon a collector who held the bloody version in hand. Another stranger had a Luke as well, only his was the "clean" version.
Soooooo, they helped me find a Luke, and this one is clean as well.
There were many other new figures, so I assume they had just stocked them. Out of 3 Bespin Lukes 1 was bloody and 2 were clean.

Anyone else have some comparisons?

Dak Powers
05-10-2002, 06:30 PM
I'd have an answer if I could find a Luke in my area :-/ What's the best times to head to WM? No matter what wee hour of the morning I go, there's nothing exciting happening, and nothing new.

lobster-man
05-10-2002, 10:46 PM
I was at a WAL-MART here in Jacksonville, Fl just last night... An employee who remembered me from the Midnight 23rd sale ( Due to the fact that a Hot Wheels Dealer had his wife steal my tie-bomber from my cart right before my eyes, Luckily this same noble employee replaced it for me from backstock !) At any rate when I walked into the toy dept. He told me that the NEW Figs were in... He opened up three cases of series 1 wave 4 to put out in plain view... I was the only person in action alley besides him... The breakdown was as follows: 4 x Mace, 3x Vader, 3x Jango, 2x Luke ...in the first two boxes. The third box broke down like this: 4x Mace, 4x Jango, 3x Vader, 1x LUKE SKYWALKER BESPIN DUEL (BLOODY STUMP VARIANT).... HERE"S THE CATCH THE DATE STAMPS ON THE TWO THAT I PURCHASED ARE BOTH THE EXACT SAME NUMBERS ONE WITH BLOODY STUMP ONE WITHOUT! THAT NUMBER IS: 20681 :confused: I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS CAN BE UNLESS HASBRO IS PLAYING GAMES WITH VARIATION HUNTERS TO SELL MORE PRODUCT!:crazed:

Tonysmo
05-10-2002, 11:03 PM
I found both variations at a local TRU. anyone know which one is the "rare" one?

Dak Powers
05-11-2002, 12:03 AM
The bloody one, probably. Damn, you people are lucky. Up for a trade for anything? Anyone?

Vortex
05-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Well I split cases with a friend, and we just got our case from EE yesterday and we divided it up, and like lobster man said in his case brake down...the case with the 2 lukes are the clean versions. I'm going to go hunting today to see if I can't find a "bloody" luke. The clean lukes are really uninteresting and the bruises on his face are barely seeable.

I'm with Dak Powers...if anyone gets a haul of bloody lukes I'd be willing to trade?

I've got a mess of Dooku's here in MN...if I can still use these guys for bait:)

Rogue II
05-11-2002, 02:03 PM
I was just at a Toys R Us. There were about 10 Lukes. All of them were clean except 1. So, I got the 1 bloody and 1 clean and a Vader. Yippie!

Vortex
05-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Any one get a stock pile of bloody lukes...if so, anyone up for a trade?

Speaking of which, I decided to check out ebay to see how frantic some people are to get this figure and oh man...50 bucks, 40 bucks...its unreal.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has a mess of them and would like to trade.

Thanks.

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Just give it time. You'll find him.

Vortex
05-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Yea I know he'll show up here at some point.

The big problems I have here in MN is the scalpers and toy store employees. I was part of the problem in college when I worked at TRU, I'd pillage the boxes of new stuff for my collections, and the problem is still raging.

There are secondary market toy store owners here that clear pegs at 6 am, no matter what's hanging, or they buy straight from the stock boys, and sadly a lot of figs never hit the pegs around here. The Zutton waves are just starting to show up on clearance...if you can believe that.

Sometimes I just like to make sure I have options. But Rogue II I hear ya, they'll show up in mass quantities. I have 2 non-bloody lukes already, and I'm sure I'll find more, but hey doesn't hurt to ask.

CooLJoE
05-15-2002, 01:08 AM
I'm up for trade as well. I have an extra HD Anakin and an R2D2 with round peg and background insert. Don't really want to trade either, but I can't find a bespin luke period. And I really want the bloody one.