PDA

View Full Version : Info from those who saw AOTC early. (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Malakite
05-10-2002, 07:47 PM
I've just been given the opportunity to go see Episode II. I'll be back later.

Battle Droid
05-10-2002, 07:54 PM
SWEEET, Lucky you, will you answer our questions after you've returned? :D

Dar' Argol
05-10-2002, 08:08 PM
You know, I almost hate you right now. ALMOST enough to go through YOU down the poopy shoot:D. At least we should get some difinitive answers on how cool/lame the movie will be!!

DeadEye
05-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Why you lousy piece of bantha poodoo!

I mean, congratulations. Let us know how great it is.:)

2-1B
05-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Definitive answers? Every review I've read so far goes back and forth . . . so . . . . :D

Malakite, what kind of connection do you have? Just curious. :)

Dar' Argol
05-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Malakite, what kind of connection do you have? Just curious. :)

My Master is one with the Dark Side!

:crazed:

pthfnder89
05-10-2002, 08:56 PM
Definitive answers? Every review I've read so far goes back and forth . . . so . . . . :D

Yeah, several of the reviews I've read today seemed like they were still ****ed off about TPM, and they were unwilling to look at anything good AOTC had to offer.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 01:19 AM
Well I'm back. Let me just say, this movie rocked. I don't know which is better, AOTC or ESB, thats how good this movie is.

Ask your questions and I'll try to answer them all.

Here's some major spoilers that I haven't seen mentioned yet on any sites.

The Geonosians are building an ultimate weapon to take down the Republic, the Death Star. They give the plans to Count Dooku when leaving Genosis.

Yoda and Mace Windu are hiding a dark secret from the Senate and can't decide whether or not to tell them, the Jedi are losing their ability to use the force and the dark side is getting stronger. This is why they can't sense Palpatine or the Clone Army that was made.

Despite the rumors, Nute Gunray nor any other Nemoidians get torched and killed by Jango Fett.

Body parts are flying every which way in this movie. You see Tusken Raider heads being sliced off and bouncing off the ground. Not only does Jango's head get sliced off and bounces off the ground, but it appeared as though his hand got sliced off as well (it could of been just the angle though). Genosians are sliced apart left and right (arms, wings, torsos, legs, and heads all over the place). To top it off, some Genosians are squished in the machines building the Battle Droids and there guts start oozing out. Obi-Wan hacks the Acklay all to pieces and then then some. The Nexu is gored to death by the Reek. The Reek is is killed by Jango's missle. A jedi tries to kill Dooku on the Balcony, but Jango mows him down with his blasters at point blank range and he falls off into the arena below (from an overhead view).

Then the whole C-3PO/Battle Droid is funnier than crap. Just take a look at some of the things they say.
C-3PO:
Wait a second, this isn't right.
There seems to be a mistake. I'm an interpreter, not a fighter.
DIE JEDI DIE!!!!! Wait! What am I saying?!!!
Battle Droid:
Uh Oh.
My legs aren't functioning right. I need some maintenence.

In the end of it all, the Jedi knocks the crap out of the both of them.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 01:27 AM
WOW!!! Sounds AWESOME Lord Malakite.

Few questions, I already know quite a bit.

Do the Super Battle Droids talk? If so what do they sound like?

Are Trade Federation Droid Fighters in the Film? If so what scenes?

Does C-3PO kill anyone while his head is on the BD's body?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 01:38 AM
The final fight between Dooku and Yoda is also pretty awsome. Dooku strikes Yoda with lightning and Yoda sucks it up and shoots it right back at him. Then Dooku starts throwing containers at Yoda using the force (like Vader in ESB), but unlike Luke, Yoda uses the force and throws it right back at Dooku. So Dooku uses the force to make the ceiling fall on Yoda, but Yoda uses the force to stop the ceiling in mid air and tosses it aside. Then they both start shooting lightning at each other. After that fails, they start dueling. The CGI is done so well on Yoda in the duel that it actually looks real.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
WOW!!! Sounds AWESOME Lord Malakite.

Few questions, I already know quite a bit.

Do the Super Battle Droids talk? If so what do they sound like?

Are Trade Federation Droid Fighters in the Film? If so what scenes?

Does C-3PO kill anyone while his head is on the BD's body?

I believe the Super Battle Droids said a few things, but nothing significant (like uh and oh). They sounded like the regular Battle Droids.

The Droid Fighters aren't in the movie.

I didn't see C-3PO kill anyone, but he was shooting the blaster. So he was trying. The Battle Droid was also shooting with a blaster.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Thanks. :)

How long is the Arena Battle & Droids vs. Clone Troopers? And how long are the Lightsaber Duels?

jjreason
05-11-2002, 01:51 AM
The comparison to ESB has me freaking. I can't believe it can be that good, but WOW. I did read the novel already, and the story is darker, definitely darker and more mature than Phantom Menace (which I liked, too, but for different reasons than ESB). To think that the Yoda fight scene looks good is good news. Had me worried. Thanks for the report, now it's just sit back and wait. How painful was Hayden Chistianson??

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 02:02 AM
The final battle is about a good 20 to 30 minutes long I would estimate. It actually expands out of the arena before it is said and done. As Count Dooku leaves the arena on his speeder, 3 to 5 clone ships filled with clones, all the remaining jedi (including Yoda, Mace, etc.), and Padme follow in pursuit and try to hit him with missles only to find that they are out. The lightsaber duels aren't as long as Phantom Menace, but they are definately longer than any in the classic trilogy.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 02:04 AM
SWEET, thanks. :D

How's the scene with Dooku & Sidious on Coruscant?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
How painful was Hayden Chistianson??

His acting wasn't too bad. The love scenes were a bit fake, but everything else he did had real feeling to it.

By the way, Obi-Wan finds out that Anakin is on Tatooine when he can't reach him on Naboo.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 02:18 AM
SWEET, thanks. :D

How's the scene with Dooku & Sidious on Coruscant?

Its not very long.

The end of the movie first shows Palpatine and the Senators looking at the Clone armies while the Imperial March is playing. Then it goes to the wedding. It shows them hold hands and then them kissing close up. Then it fades out.

There was also a couple of scenes and lines that were cut from the movie that I noticed. I can try and list all the stuff that I saw missing.

I also think I figured out the Clone Trooper ranks.

Beast
05-11-2002, 02:29 AM
Well, tell us about the rankings, if you would be so kind. Now for my questions, if you would be so kind. I will think of more later. :)

Is there any reason why the Jar Jar Saga figure is in that quasi action pose? And how was the scenes he is in?

When exactly does the film cut away from Anakin slaughtering the Tusken Raiders, just after he slices off a few of the males heads?

What do the Kaminoians voices sound like, are they light and airy, similar to the advanced mecha's in AI?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 02:47 AM
Red are commanders, Yellow are pilots/generals, and white are drones. I didn't see any blue or green during the battle. I have yellow two ways because I saw two different versions of yellow during the battle. The generals were outlined like the the red troopers and were on the field leading troops, meanwhile the pilots were outlined and had imperial insignias on the sides of there helmet, like AT-AT Drivers.

There is no reason why the figure should have that pose. He wasn't too annoying in the scenes that he was in. They actually cut his line where he says that he would bring up the issue of giving Palpatine emergency powers in the senate.

They cut it after the third Tusken loses his head.

The Kaminoans don't have light and airy voices. They sound fairly normal. The new Nemoidian Viceroy hanging with Nute has a very deep voice though.

Beast
05-11-2002, 02:56 AM
Maybe Lucas did what he did with the lightsabers and dropped colors out at the last minute. Or the green and blue troopers just don't appear in larger numbers in the movie, and are easy to miss. Because a green one and blue one are obvious in the still pictures from Kamino that showed up online. Oh well, either way...cool beans. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 03:05 AM
What happens to Poggle the Lesser? Does he Escape? or is he killed?

What's his voice sound like?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:07 AM
He and his remaining troops go into hiding in the catacombs.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 03:12 AM
How good are the Geonosians at fighting? Not very good I'm assuming.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:19 AM
Not very good. It was like stomping on giant roaches.

2-1B
05-11-2002, 03:20 AM
Malakite, does Anakin still fess up to Padme about "killing them all"? I hope so, I really want that to make the final cut!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :) And congrats on the early bird showing!

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 03:21 AM
LOL I see, thanks for answering all the questions. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed the film. :D

I'm sure I will too.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:35 AM
Malakite, does Anakin still fess up to Padme about "killing them all"? I hope so, I really want that to make the final cut!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :) And congrats on the early bird showing!

He still fesses up. When he does it goes to close up of Padme's face and plays the same music they played at Qui-Gonns funeral when they went to the close up of Palpatine. They also play Duel of Fates as he goes off on a speeder to find the Tuskens. Whoever did Shmi's makeup did an awsome job. She looked dead before Anakin even untied her.

As for that close up picture JarJarBinks spoke of involving the Clone Troopers, if I remember correctly it is from Coruscant at the end of the movie and not from Genosis.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 03:40 AM
Are the Clone Troopers seen riding swoops, and do they look like the Speeder Bikes from ROTJ?

Beast
05-11-2002, 03:42 AM
No, I mean the scene when Obi-Wan is getting a tour of the cloning complex, and we see a ton of the CloneTroopers waiting in lines to get their helmets. Thats the scene that I have seen the Blue and Green ones in.

Oh, the biggest question. Did Ricky Boy decieve us by saying that Qui-Gon Jinn doesn't appear in the movie, because only his voice is heard? I know it's in the book, but is it in the movie as well?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-11-2002, 03:46 AM
Malakite, forgive me because I only wanted to ask that one question but you prompted another:

Did Shmi really do a bad flop when she died? I read a complaint on that issue, and it could affect the scene.

Okay, one more sub-question, does Anakin really kiss her palm? If so, was it indeed "tender"?

Thanks, as you can see I hold out hope that the film will be a bit emotional. I'd appreciate your thoguhts on these questions too!

:)

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:49 AM
I didn't see any on Swoops that I remember.

Kamino. Alright, I know the scene you are talking about now.

Qui-Gonn is mentioned in the movie, but he isn't in it.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:59 AM
Malakite, forgive me because I only wanted to ask that one question but you prompted another:

Did Shmi really do a bad flop when she died? I read a complaint on that issue, and it could affect the scene.

Okay, one more sub-question, does Anakin really kiss her palm? If so, was it indeed "tender"?

Thanks, as you can see I hold out hope that the film will be a bit emotional. I'd appreciate your thoguhts on these questions too!

:)

I didn't think it was a bad flop. It looked natural for someone who appeared to be raped and beatiing to death for a over a month.
I don't remember if he kissed her palm, but Anakin was indeed very tender when his mom died and he held her very closely while becoming teary eyed. It was so strong that even Yoda felt it and was getting teary eyed after Anakin killed the Tuskens.

RooJay
05-11-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
I didn't see any on Swoops that I remember.

Kamino. Alright, I know the scene you are talking about now.

Qui-Gonn is mentioned in the movie, but he isn't in it.
So I was right about that playing card having been mocked up and not actually in the movie. Good. I thought the Clone Troopers looked pretty goofy sitting on the ROTJ Speeder Bikes! Maybe if they'd been Scout Clones on prototype looking bikes it might've been cool to see in the movie.

RooJay
05-11-2002, 05:36 AM
Can't wait to see it!:crazed: :D :happy:

derek
05-11-2002, 07:40 AM
okay, enough jibber jabber! is darth vader in the movie.:D

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 12:47 PM
There's surpose to be a Deluxe Clone Trooper toy coming out with either a swoop or speeder bike though.

They must've been cut from the film.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Lord_Malakite are there any Security, Pilot, and OOM-9 Battle Droids in the film?

Jason B
05-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Who on the Jedi Council gets killed?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Yes, Darth Vader in the movie from a certain point of view. :D

While I don't remember any swoop Clone Troopers, I do remember a few on cannon like vehicles.Yoda had all the cannon like vehicles concentrate there fire power on the Trade Federation Dropships.

There were no OOM-9, security, or pilot Battle Droids in this movie, only the brown (and one or two that looked cream) are in the movie.

Who was killed on the Jedi Council? Thats a toughy since it didn't actually show them get killed. However, after the battle Obi-Wan is talking to Mace and Yoda in the council room. When Obi-Wan mentions that it was victory thanks to the clones, Yoda corrects him and says that the Clone Wars have begun. Then it shows the rest of the council room and it is empty, if that is any indication.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Is the scene with Plo-Koon & Ki-Adi Mundi and other Jedi going into the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship to try and turn off the droids still in the film?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Nope, that was one of the scenes that was cut.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Damn!

Can you list other scenes that were cut that you know of? :D

Jargo
05-11-2002, 04:08 PM
IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND, THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING. So what does that make the guy with two eyes who saw it all in stereoscopic vision? :crazed:

So did they cut all of the Naboo scenes with the family?

Exactly how bad is the changing face of Zam as she dies?

Is Dexter really cool or what?

Is Jocasta Nu annoying or bearable?

Is Yaddle really not in the movie at all anywhere in the Jedi Library... maybe?

Exactly how many costume changes does Padme have? :p

Jason B
05-11-2002, 04:09 PM
ok thx for the info. i cant wait til Thursday. :D

Jason B
05-11-2002, 04:10 PM
quite a popular thread. :crazed: :D

2-1B
05-11-2002, 04:31 PM
Yes, please talk about Dex!
I saw a pic in the storybook yesterday that made him look reaaaaaaaly CGI'd in, more than I'm used to. :)

ricecrip
05-11-2002, 04:39 PM
How much of Plo in the arena do we get to see? What's the last we see of him? I've heard a million different scenarios for him. thanks!

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 05:02 PM
All the family scenes on Naboo were cut out.

Obi-Wan disabling the assassin droid and the droid trying to knock Obi off is removed.

The speech about the lost twenty isn't in the movie anymore.

C-3PO getting his coverings by Padme is out. Also out is any mention that Shmi possibly put on the coverings.

The line where Mace said that Yoda was probing the Dark Side and it could be dangerous was removed.

Lines were cut from a few other scenes. The biggest one I can think of here is the talk about giving Palpatine emergency powers prior to the senate. Palpatine doesen't say anything about being reluctant, Jar Jar doesen't say that he would bring the issue up in the Senate, and they don't discuss how many jedi they actually have available.

The scene where Ki Adi Mundi and Plo Koon are trying to stop the dropships are also out.

Zam's face change wasn't bad, plus her voice starts changing as well. Incidently, when the assassin droid releases the centipedes it looks like it is taking a ****.

I don't think anyone will hate Dexter, he's a pretty cool guy.

Jocasta wasn't annoying, but she did insult Obi-Wan. "If its not in our archives then it doesen't exist."

Yaddle isn't in the movie.

She has a good amount of costumes in the movie, but nowhere as many as The Phantom Menace. One of the costumes reminded me of the Virgin Mary because the head piece resembled that circle thing they always put around Mary's head in pictures.

C-3PO is pretty confident in this movie. "R2 stay here, if they needed our help they would of asked for it." "BEep Bpppp Beep." "Your pretty bossy for a mechanic, but you haven't mastered human emotion as I have."

The whole map scene with Yoda and the the younglings was cool. They were walking trough the stars and planets. Yoda then goes off and mocks Obi-Wan. "Oh dear! Master Kenobi has lost a planet! How embarrassing!!"

Lucas also got into a phase of putting droids that have wheels instead of legs thoughout the movie. One example is the waitress in the diner.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 05:06 PM
The trial scene with Padme and Anakin on Geonosis was cut right?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 05:08 PM
Dex mentions that the droids in the archives can't think for themselves. Then Obi replies that it is a good thing because if they could, nobody would be around. Obi also feels that it was good that the Kamonians conditioned the clones not to have a free will. And I thought the Republic was against slavery.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 05:11 PM
The trial scene with Padme and Anakin on Geonosis was cut right?

They were brought out into the arena almost immediatly after they were captured.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Is the scene where Obi-Wan spys on the Separatists on Geonosis still in the film?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 05:14 PM
As for the whole assassination attempt on Padme. That is the result of Nute not wanting to sign with the Seperalists until he had her head on a platter.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Is the scene where Obi-Wan spys on the Separatists on Geonosis still in the film?

Yes that scene is still in, he is captured by Jango and a group of Droidekas.

Jargo
05-11-2002, 05:20 PM
I sense a rollicking good cut scenes reel on the DVD now :) Thanks Your Lordship.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 05:35 PM
Is there a Kaminoian seen in Dexter's Diner?

Is R3-T7 seen getting zapped in the film like the Preview Fig version of him?

What's the character Wat Tambor like? Does he have any lines?

DarthChuckMc
05-11-2002, 06:33 PM
Is the scene from that trailer where Ani and Obi get shocked by the power couplings still in there?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 06:43 PM
I don't remember seeing a Kaminoian in the Diner.

Not only did I not see him get zapped, I don't remember seeing R3-T7 at all, unless he was one of the units at the beginning of the movie with Typho and R2-D2 as the bomb went off.

Wat had an echo to his voice. He also made a weird sound in midsentence as if someone was adjusting the frequency on transceiver and then finished the sentence, but could of been due to some difficulties they were having with one of the speakers.

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Is the scene from that trailer where Ani and Obi get shocked by the power couplings still in there?

That scene is still in the movie. Zam shoots the coupling with her blaster to activate the electricity.

DarthChuckMc
05-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Do we see any of Anakin's nightmares?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 06:53 PM
We don't see any, but he talks about them.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Are there any Super Battle Droids in Dooku's Ship Hanger on Geonosis? And does Yoda smash the droids against the wall?

Rogue II
05-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Did Lucas really change Jar Jar's character?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 07:10 PM
There aren't any Super Battle Droids in the hanger.

Jar Jar still sounds and talks the same, plus he gets anxious very easily in a few scenes. Other than that, he was alright . He wasn't tripping or doing anything else that was goofy looking like in TPM.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Are Geonosian Starfighters still in the film, and do we get a cockpit view of the Geonosians in the Fighters?

Rogue II
05-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Overall, is there more action scenes that in the other films?

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 07:22 PM
I believe they were still in the movie, but they didn't really fight. If anything, they were retreating like everyone else when the Clone Troopers arrived and start blowing the areana to kingdom come. As a pair Battle Droids said during the battle with the Clones.
"We're out numbered! RETREAT!!!"
"RODGER RODGER!!!!"

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Overall, is there more action scenes that in the other films?
Depends on what you mean by action scenes. If you mean the number of battles, chases, etc. throughout the movie, then no. I would say that AOTC had more than the Classic Trilogy, but not as many as TPM. If you mean by length, then yes. AOTC final battle is a good 20 to 30 minutes long I would estimate.

die-jarjar-die
05-11-2002, 10:36 PM
ok sorry to drag this out...... but i have to ask this....

I recently heard a rumour that during the Darth Tyrannus/ Darth Sidious meeting on Coruscant (at the end of the movie) Darth Sidious lowers his hood rvealing that he is in fact Palpatine....

Is this so or pure b******t?

Dar' Argol
05-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Master, look at how they flock to you! You are indeed strong in the Dark ways of the Force.

No questions Lord_Malakite, just really glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. I keep telling myself, 4 more days!!!

Lord Malakite
05-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by die-jarjar-die
ok sorry to drag this out...... but i have to ask this....

I recently heard a rumour that during the Darth Tyrannus/ Darth Sidious meeting on Coruscant (at the end of the movie) Darth Sidious lowers his hood rvealing that he is in fact Palpatine....

Is this so or pure b******t?

Sidious does not remove his hood.

And yes my young apprentice, I am indeed strong in the Dark ways of the Force.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 01:04 AM

I don't remember if he kissed her palm, but Anakin was indeed very tender when his mom died and he held her very closely while becoming teary eyed. It was so strong that even Yoda felt it and was getting teary eyed after Anakin killed the Tuskens.

This caught my attention more than anything, was Yoda's reaction actually seen in the movie? Did he know what Anakin was doing or was it like that scene in ANH after Alderaan is destroyed and Obi-Wan simply feels a great disturbance and that something terrible has happened?

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 01:13 AM
Yes, his reaction was seen in the movie. It looked like Yoda was trying hold back his tears. Mace notices this and asks Yoda what is the matter. This is his pretty much his response.
"It is Skywalker. I feel much suffering coming from him. I feel suffering, hate, and death." Then Yoda slowly looks down towards the floor and remains silent.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 01:50 AM
Yes, his reaction was seen in the movie. It looked like Yoda was trying hold back his tears. Mace notices this and asks Yoda what is the matter. This is his pretty much his response.
"It is Skywalker. I feel much suffering coming from him. I feel suffering, hate, and death." Then Yoda slowly looks down towards the floor and remains silent.

Whoa! Cool! I can't wait to see that.

You mentioned that there are less costume changes for Padme in Ep2 than in EP1; but from the pics I've seen and the trailers I count like 15 costumes in Ep2 and Ep1 only had 9. I'm assuming certain scenes getting cut means that certain costumes get cut also.

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 02:02 AM
Well, they didn't seem as dramatic as in Episode I either. So I could of missed some because I didn't really notice the differences. Plus, I was focusing more on the story itself than anything else. I usually focus on all the little details and background characters after my fourth or fifth time of watching a film. I'm actually quite impressed that I remembered this much of what was going on in the background and the amount of details I have.

Battle Droid
05-12-2002, 02:03 AM
I saw some of that footage with Yoda on CNN when they were live at Skywalker Ranch, it looked pretty SWEET, can't wait to the 16th!

2-1B
05-12-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Master, look at how they flock to you!

No kidding! WHY do I keep coming back to this thread when I can see for myself in 4 days ? ? ?
Because I'm an insatiable loon, that's why. Thanks Malakite, I really enjoy your perspectives. :) But I am gonna try to stay away from here until Thursday.

I never heard that rumor of Palpatine revealing himself - sounds pretty cool, I wish it was true!

Dar' Argol
05-12-2002, 02:23 AM
But I am gonna try to stay away from here until Thursday!

Once down the dark side you go, forever will it control you:evil:.
He is within our grasp Master. Give him more info and he will be ours.

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 02:42 AM

He is within our grasp Master. Give him more info and he will be ours.

The Reek tramples Jango in the arena (this is what causes the dent in the helmet if I remember correctly).

The Acklay eats a Genosian and later on Obi-Wan spears another Genosian.

Anakin rides a Shaak on Naboo as if it were a surf board (looks as fake as Luke riding the Taun-Taun in ESB) and pretends to be seriously injured when he falls off, which obviously worries Padme.

Obi-Wan and Jango nearly fall to their deaths on Kamino.

2-1B
05-12-2002, 02:51 AM

I'll go ahead and say that's a pretty accurate statement, since I came back to read what you posted. :D :D :D :D :D

Obi-Wan spearing a Geo? :( That's a new one to me!
This deal keeps getting worse all the time.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 03:28 AM
So the Shaak and Reek riding scenes really looked bad? :(

Oh well, I guess any movie with as many effects shots as AOTC is going to have a few duds.

2-1B
05-12-2002, 03:30 AM
B,
I just watched The Mummy Returns for the first time, so I'm impervious to a few poor fx shots. :D

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 03:37 AM
If it is LOTR: "Legolas on top of the Cave Troll" bad then I think I can ignore it.

BTW, Caesar, you just can't stay away can you?:p

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
So the Shaak and Reek riding scenes really looked bad? :(

Oh well, I guess any movie with as many effects shots as AOTC is going to have a few duds.

The Reek riding scene wasn't too bad. Only the shaak scene bothered me. The primary reason it looked bad was the fact that Anakin was standing up on it like it was a surf board. Try to imagine someone from one of those 1960's surfing movies being created with stop animation like the Taun-Tauns from ESB and being stuck into the scene on top of a CGI creature.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 03:46 AM
I can see how that would look kind of odd. In the comic they showed him riding the Shaak like a rodeo bullrider. I think that might have been more convincing since they could've easily motion captured an actual bullrider or some guy on a mechanical bull. Oh well, no big deal.

SaeseeTiin
05-12-2002, 03:51 AM
Great information! Here's my questions:
Is Saesee Tiin in the movie that much, and do we see him much in the big fight scene? And, do we see him be killed?
Do any Jedi talk in the movie, excluding Ki-Adi, Mace and Yoda? Like, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon or Luminara for example?
Does one of the Republic Gunships carrying Jedi out of the Arena get shot down and explodes? If so, which Jedi are known to be in it? I've heard Shaak-Ti, Eeth Koth, Butler Swan and maybe Plo Koon. Are these right? Any others in it?
Many thanks, I love this thread!

STiin

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 04:08 AM
I remember seeing Saesee Tiin in a couple of scenes (primarily the jedi council and in the final battle). If he was killed I don't remember them showing it. None of the Jedi talked other than Ani, Obi, the ones you mentioned, Madame Jocasta Nu, and the younglings. By the way, Kit Fisto is the one that takes C-3PO out in the battle after grinning at his predicament.

One of the Clone dropships is destroyed while in pursuit of Dooku on his speeder. I don't know which Jedi were on it, if any. I only remember seeing the Jedi getting on the drop ship with Yoda in it.

DeadEye
05-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Since you've seen the movie, how do you pronounce...

Kouhuns? Is it KOUGH-HUNS, KOUGH-HOONS, KOW-HUNS, or KOW-HOONS?

Dooku? Is it DOO-KU or DOUGH-KU?

Zam Wesell? is it WAYZLE or WAY-SELL or WAY-ZELL?

Also, when Jango talks with his helmet on, does it change his voice?

And do clonetroopers sound like stormtroopers when they talk?

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Kouhuns = KOUGH-HOONS
Dooku = DOO-KU and DOUGH-KU (depending on who says it in the movie)
Wesell = WAY-SELL

Jango's voice doesen't change.

Clone Troopers sound like Stormtroopers.

DeadEye
05-12-2002, 11:50 AM
All right! Thanks.

So I guess in the OT, Boba's gruff voice is natural, and not caused by the helmet.

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
All right! Thanks.

So I guess in the OT, Boba's gruff voice is natural, and not caused by the helmet.

It apears so.

Pendo
05-12-2002, 12:20 PM
All right! Thanks.

Well I've heard Boba talk in AOTC and he sounded NOTHING like he does in the OT. Don't ya just hate puberty :D. I'm just glad that never heppened to my voice when it broke!!!

PENDO!

Battle Droid
05-12-2002, 01:23 PM
Wouldn't he have to sound like Boba since he's a clone of Jango?

I'm guessing it's because of Boba's helmet.

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Does Plo Koon live

did you see the matrix 2 preview

dose 3po really say "oh crap" when being switched

does any Jedi get shot while getting on the clone ships.

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 01:37 PM
oh And dose Boba take Jango's jet pack and helment.

jawaboy
05-12-2002, 01:59 PM
Battledroid...they don't have to sound the same. Look at identical twins. They ARE clones of eachother. And usually they don't sound the same at all.

Battle Droid
05-12-2002, 02:17 PM
Oh ok, well that's good. :D

Man In The Box
05-12-2002, 02:49 PM
I dont wanna read too much more or it'll be overspioled for me, but dayyyym...Just hearing that it's almost as good if not better than ESB makes me organism!

I'll be at a three-day long rock fest when it comes aout, but when I come back and if I'm not too deaf I off to see it...

2-1B
05-12-2002, 03:16 PM
BTW, Caesar, you just can't stay away can you?:p
Nope! :D

One more question for Malakite - did you see any Gungans on Naboo? I hope so. :(
And I assume George didn't add Gungans to JarJar's Senate box?

DeadEye
05-12-2002, 04:34 PM
I hate puberty too. My voice started cracking when I was fourteen. I'm sixteen now and my voice still fails me.

The True Maul
05-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Yeah does Plo koon Survive?

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 06:39 PM
how about pod racing was that in the moive.

Battle Droid
05-12-2002, 06:52 PM
Podracing is seen on big screens in the Night Club, and that's all.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-12-2002, 07:46 PM
I went to the DC Opening of AOTC!

BE SURE YOU'RE PREPARED!

Quartre is killed.
Shmi Skywalker marries Cliff Lars and bears a son, Owen.
Owen and Anakin are half brothers.
Owen and Beru are just boyfriend and girlfriend.
Shmi Skywalker dies.
Anakin kills a camp of Tusken Raiders.
Mace Windu decapitates Jango Fett.
Yoda fights like a freakin NINJA!
Anakin gets his right arm sliced off by Dooku.
Count Dooku does not die; escapes to Coruscant and meets up with Darth Sidious.
Anakin gets a robotic arm.
Anakin and Padme get married at the end.

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 07:52 PM
did you see the matrix 2 preview.

and how did you like it.

BlahBlahBlah
05-12-2002, 07:52 PM
Thanks for telling us things we already knew.

Who the hell is Quartre? And Owen isn't Shmi's real son, he's Cliegg's son from a previous marriage.

Jargo
05-12-2002, 08:08 PM
I think he means Cordé :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-12-2002, 08:25 PM
YODA FIGHTS LIKE A FREAKING NINJA!
Quartre or Corde I don't know how her name is spelled. She's Padme's decoy. They went straight to the movie and didn't show any previews. That ****ed me of!

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 08:42 PM
"Wouldn't he have to sound like Boba since he's a clone of Jango? "
You would think.

"Does Plo Koon live?"
They didn't show whether he lives or dies at the end of the movie, but he did get on a dropship and is supposed to be one of the few that survives.

"Did you see the matrix 2 preview?"
No, I got there just as the movie was starting.

"Does 3po really say "oh crap" when being switched?"
He says something along those lines if remember correctly.

"Does any Jedi get shot while getting on the clone ships?"
I don't remember seeing any get shot as they wre making their way to the dropship.

"Oh And does Boba take Jango's jet pack and helment?"
He doesn't take the jet pack, but he was kneeling down holding Jango's helmet to his head and appeared to be holding back his tears.

"Did you see any Gungans on Naboo?"
Nope, only Jar Jar in the movie.

"How about pod racing. Was that in the movie?"
Their was podracing, horse track racing (not with horses obviously), and various other sports playing on the screens at the club.

Jason B
05-12-2002, 09:07 PM
how does the Jango death scene go? the Mace Windu figure fits with the Fett figure, but only if Jango is kneelig down. looks a little like an execution scene to me, not very JeJedi-like. :confused:
BTW, that Mace Windu Genosion figure r really isnt that great.

The True Maul
05-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Yeah and usually jedi are peaceful and only kill that way if it realy is bad or you want a straight path to the Dark Side:Pirate:

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 09:28 PM
It happened very quickly, so it wasn't like Mace killed him execution style. Jango had his blaster out and was going to shoot Mace. So Mace did a downward thrust either slicing Jango's blaster or his hand off. He then did a spin attack and sliced Jango's head off.

mylow thehutt
05-12-2002, 09:45 PM
does Mundai and Kit make it. and did you see OPPO Ransis in the arena

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Ki Adi is one that is supposed to survive, he was in the dropship with Mace deflecting blasts. I believe Kit also got out. I also believe I saw Oppo Rancisis in the final battle.

Amanamike
05-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Man this sounds great only a few more days for me!!!!!! Oh hot damn how am I gonna make it this is torture!!!!

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 10:27 PM
By the way, Aurra Sing isn't in the movie for those who were wondering.

Jason B
05-12-2002, 10:48 PM
ok, thanks a lot for all of the info. i really need to get away from this thread. :D

Lord Malakite
05-12-2002, 11:01 PM
My thread has now been merged with Hasbro'sBountyHunter's thread.

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 12:05 AM
I've been thinking about Boba Fett's voice and have come to a conclusion. Maybe Boba gets injured in a fight either in EP3 or between Ep3 and 4 and gets his vocal cords damaged, hence the scratchy voice. I doubt we will see something like this onscreen since it seems too minor of a detail for GL to concern himself with (that imposter posing as Yoda in Ep1 is a bigger continuity error that will probably never be fixed).

Anyways, the only other thing I can think of to ask is, with all the scenes cut from the movie, does it seem disjointed or does it flow well? I remember Ep1 felt choppy in some parts, especially the beginning, so I'm hoping Ep2 flows a little smoother.

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 12:16 AM
For the most part it is alright. Everything seems to fit together smoothly, though there are are few scenes in the beginning that feel a little rushed.

Jango_in_Germany
05-13-2002, 01:08 PM
just a few quick points, i thought the saber battles were waaaay too short. i mean the duel between dooku/obi-wan/anakin and yoda combined may have been between 3-5 minutes long. the acting was....well, if i want to watch a SW film with good acting (IMO) i'll pop the OT in the vcr. i did like the emotion from hayden when he tells padme that he "slaughtered" the tuskens, not just the men but the women and children too and how he hated them etc. honestly i cannot believe this film got away with a PG rating. what with jango getting beheaded by mace, and it is shown on screen....saber cuts blaster in two, mace comes around again, cuts off head, head rolls on the ground, standing body slumps to the ground sideways. i mean come on we didnt even SEE maul get cut in half, just a slight spray of blood across the bottom of the screen.:crazed:

Jango_in_Germany
05-13-2002, 01:46 PM
is this a spoiler pic??

:eek:

Jedi Clint
05-13-2002, 02:03 PM
What do you bet that, even with that type of evidence, we still get a zillion topics similar to "Is Jango Really Dead?" :rolleyes:

Jango_in_Germany
05-13-2002, 03:06 PM
i should have included a pic with his helmet spinning in the dirt after mace whacked it off. i love watching that scene.

:evil:

hows this one........

BanthaPoodoo
05-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Jango's not dead. He pulled his head in like a turtle. He'll be back in EIII :)

He's probably chillin at the Mandalorian Old Folks Home in the OT, & when he hears Boba's fell into the Sarlacc, that's how Boba escapes. Jango comes along & helps get em out!!! :):)

Darth Ovori
05-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Doe's the blue Twi-lek Jedi chick Ayla Secura die... ???

Thanx for answering all the questions, been really helpfull...

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Actually, we DO see Darth Maul cut in half. True, we don't see Obi-Wan's blade cut into him, but we do see the separation of his body. But we do see Darth Maul's blade skewer Qui-Gon.

Jonna
05-13-2002, 03:50 PM
For those of you that have already seen the movie are there any interesting surprises such as the ETs in TPM or cameos like Mark Hamels son in the matienance of Anakin's pod scene? .:Pirate:

Man In The Box
05-13-2002, 04:06 PM
hey Jango_in_Germnay! Where in germnay are you!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-13-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori

No

Magnolia-Fan
05-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
What do you bet that, even with that type of evidence, we still get a zillion topics similar to "Is Jango Really Dead?" :rolleyes:

Actually, he's not. He'll be back with a robot head in Episode III. :stupid:

hango fett
05-13-2002, 08:20 PM
if ya want to get technical...he does survive....in a sense...the clones are copys of him that just battle...ha!

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori

Thanx for answering all the questions, been really helpfull...

If they do, they don't show it.

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 09:29 PM
What kill's most of the Jedi?

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Jango_in_Germany
is this a spoiler pic??

Yep.

So who else has seen it early other than Hasbro'sBountyHunter and myself? I assume Jango_in_Germany has since he posted pics and has described the lightsaber duels.

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 09:32 PM
What kill's most of the Jedi?

The various droids and genosians in the arena.

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Do the Geonosians use these in the film?

http://members.aol.com/jediarchive01/aotc/137.jpg

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 09:55 PM
I believe I saw a few of those.

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 10:11 PM
hey Lord...I watched AOTC today...it is friggin fantastic.

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah....N*SYNC may not be in AOTC, but the Jedi that throws Anakin a lightsaber when he's on the Reek's back, looks ALOT like Kevin Richardson from the BACKSTREET BOYS.....I swear..I only know who he is because I have an 8 year old daughter...really...

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah....N*SYNC may not be in AOTC, but the Jedi that throws Anakin a lightsaber when he's on the Reek's back, looks ALOT like Kevin Richardson from the BACKSTREET BOYS.....I swear..I only know who he is because I have an 8 year old daughter...really...

Sure you do. :D

And you are right, it is friggin fantastic.

2-1B
05-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Malakite, did they leave Padme's line about "excuse me . . . " in the movie?

then Anakin follows with "excuse ME, I'm in charge . . . " ? ? ?

I hope so, because that quote sounds weird in the trailer. But in the novelization that's how the scene goes and I think it sounds cool. :cool:

DeadEye
05-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Geonosians kill Jedi??? With what???

And I thought one Jedi was worth a hundred geonosians...

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 10:49 PM
With those Electro Staffs & Sonic Blasters?

DeadEye
05-13-2002, 10:52 PM
Oh, and how do you pronounce Geonosian?

Is it:
JEE-OH-NO-SHIN
JEE-OH-NO-SEE-AN

GEE-OH-NO-SHIN
or GEE-OH-NO-SEE-AN?

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:26 PM
It's Gee-oh-no-shin...I don't think they killed anybody, they hauled @** when the Jedi lite their sabers. The BD and SBD kill the Jedi. Oh yeah, the Geo's do fire those funky plasma thingys and blow up some rock causing some Jedi to go flying through the air.

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Jango spinning his blaster like an old gunslinger and popping it in the holster was cool after he nailed that alien Jedi trying to kill Dooku.

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Are there alot of Droideka's in the Arena Battle?

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:32 PM
I LOL at the begining when Anakin asks Obi-wan "WHY?".....It sounded just like my kids...."Daddy, why...why...why..why.why". Obi really busts Ani's balls during most of their scenes together. Oh, and when Obi and Ani go into the nightclub, you can see Lucas' daughter giving Ani the "eye" if you know what I mean.

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Droidekas......Not really...maybe 10 or so.....100s of BDs and SBDs

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:39 PM
Rats, there's so much I keep remembering after I hit submit....Obi doesn't gut the Acklay like the action figure would have you believe. He cuts off it's 2 front pincers, and when it hits the ground face down, he plunges his saber into the top of its head. Poggle the Lesser, and most other aliens talk in "their" languages and we see subtitles. Poggle is kinda like Starvin Marvin from South Park with the "clicks" when he talks.

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 11:41 PM
Is Sun Fac in the film?

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:46 PM
who is Sun Fac, the alien with the long neck with the rings around it?

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:52 PM
San Hill, long thin faced alien is in, Shu Mai, long neck with rings is in, Wat Tambor, guy with silver armor up to his neck is in, and he has a weird "metallic" sounding voice. Sun Fac, who I just found a pic of on Jedinet, look like every other Geonosian.

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 11:56 PM
Sun Fac is Poggle's Assistant, he's a Geonosian.

Are there any female Geonosians in the film like maybe a Queen? (I'd figure there'd be a Queen since they live like ants or termites sorta.)

How many Neimodians are in the film just Nute Gunray & Gilramos Libkath?

DarthChuckMc
05-13-2002, 11:59 PM
Okay, here is what bothered me about the movie...nothing major, but I kinda cringed a little.
When Obiwan is flying over the city hanging onto the droid, he almost gets hit by 2 speeders, which is fine, but they show the drivers yelling at him in their alien languages. One is a dug, and a rats tyrell looking guyin one speeder, and the other looks like Ben Quadrinaros from what I remember...real cheesy.
The other thing was some of 3POs lines.
When R2 shoots a suction dart out of his back onto 3POs head, after it's attached to a BD body, 3PO starts complaining. As R2 is pulling his head through the sand 3PO says "What a drag."
When R2 rolls up next to 3POs body with his head dragging behind, 3PO says "Oh, I'm beside myself."

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 12:01 AM
No female Geos, that I could tell, no big Queen or anything, and Nute and the deep voiced Neimodian are the only ones shown.

Battle Droid
05-14-2002, 12:04 AM
Alright, thanks Darth. :D

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 12:05 AM
No problem...keep asking away...it's still pretty fresh in my mind

Battle Droid
05-14-2002, 12:11 AM
Hmm How much screen time to the Air Whales have on Kamino?

How long do you think Coruscant Speeder Chase Scene is?

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 12:13 AM
air whales, about 5 seconds......speeder chase 5 minutes

Battle Droid
05-14-2002, 12:20 AM
Do they actually show the Reek blowing up from Jango's missle hiting it? I mean is it pretty graphic?

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 12:23 AM
No missle...The Reek is charging Jango, he pulls out a blaster, and shoots it in the head. It falls over on its side and slides to a stop in the sand.

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 12:27 AM
The only thing "graphic" would be...and not Jason X graphic either.....
1. Zam amputation
2. 3 Tuskens decapitated
3. Padme's back tore open by the Nexu....the most graphic I think
4. Jango decapitated, body slumps and hits the ground
5. Obiwan saber cut to arm and thigh
6. Anakin amputaion at the elbow.

Padme's back being scratched by the Nexu kinda grosses me out for some reason. You can see the blood through her shirt when it happens and the large scratches look laid open.

Battle Droid
05-14-2002, 12:32 AM
What's the Jedi look like that Jango kills, are there any pics on the Net of him?

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 01:17 AM
What's the Jedi look like that Jango kills, are there any pics on the Net of him?

I can check and see if there are any pictures.

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 01:21 AM
The only thing "graphic" would be...and not Jason X graphic either.....
1. Zam amputation
2. 3 Tuskens decapitated
3. Padme's back tore open by the Nexu....the most graphic I think
4. Jango decapitated, body slumps and hits the ground
5. Obiwan saber cut to arm and thigh
6. Anakin amputaion at the elbow.

Padme's back being scratched by the Nexu kinda grosses me out for some reason. You can see the blood through her shirt when it happens and the large scratches look laid open.

Don't forget all the slain Genosians.

2-1B
05-14-2002, 01:27 AM
Malakite, did they leave Padme's line about "excuse me . . . " in the movie?

then Anakin follows with "excuse ME, I'm in charge . . . " ? ? ?

I hope so, because that quote sounds weird in the trailer. But in the novelization that's how the scene goes and I think it sounds cool. :cool:

Just bumping my question to the front of the line in case either of you have comments. :)

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Those lines are still in the movie.

Beast
05-14-2002, 01:34 AM
I can check and see if there are any pictures.
Isn't the one that Jango kills, the new Jedi Council Member, Coleman Trebor. He looks similar to a anthro blue dino. He's the one in the council pictures that has Plo Koon's old seat. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 01:37 AM
One of my favorite parts in the movie is when the Jedi are in the dropship and Padme falls out. After that Anakin and Obi-Wan get into that huge fight about going back for her while all the clones and Jedi are watching. Its like a child whining in the mall when they don't what they want. This seems to be a big theme throughout the whole movie. Whine Ani whine.

2-1B
05-14-2002, 01:48 AM
Whose voice yells out “No, Anakin, no!” after Yoda’s vision of the Tusken slaughter? Is it Qui-Gon? Obi-Wan? Is it a voice from the past, the future, or from another plane?

I lifted that question out of Moriarity's review - any thoughts?
The novelization mentions Qui-Gon by name, but I thought this wasn't even in the movie?

Beast
05-14-2002, 01:54 AM
Whose voice yells out “No, Anakin, no!” after Yoda’s vision of the Tusken slaughter? Is it Qui-Gon? Obi-Wan? Is it a voice from the past, the future, or from another plane?

I lifted that question out of Moriarity's review - any thoughts?
The novelization mentions Qui-Gon by name, but I thought this wasn't even in the movie?
Intresting, maybe it was in early press prints, or just some...and then Lucas dropped it? Or Lord Malakite just didn't catch it when he watched it. "Your powers are weak, old man." Guess we will have to wait and see when we go to see it this Thursday. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 02:03 AM
No, I heard it. It came out of the blue like Obi's voice in ANH. It would make sense that it was Qui-Gon.

2-1B
05-14-2002, 02:30 AM
I got it! Maybe that was Rick McCallum's cameo!

I am a genius! ! ! :D :D :D

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 07:48 AM
Here's a pic of that new Jedi that Jango kills in the arena battle

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Here's a pic of that new Jedi that Jango kills in the arena battle

Yep, thats him. Looks like you were right JarJarBinks.

2-1B
05-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Jargo should be pleased since that's the guy who replaced Yaddle on the Council. :D

Beast
05-14-2002, 03:05 PM
Jargo should be pleased since that's the guy who replaced Yaddle on the Council. :D
Incorrect, he's the guy that replaced Yareal Poof. The one who's seat is in the spot previously held by Yaddle is Shaak Ti. But he should still be happy, the Republic Gunship she boards in the escape from Geonosis is the one that is destroyed by ground fire. It also holds a few other Council members. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Shaak Ti gets it? Man thats sucks. I mean its common knowledge she will die anyway, but I was hoping she would make it out of the arena. Oh well.......
At least Jango makes it...
Oh god...
Nevermind.

Battle Droid
05-14-2002, 04:07 PM
Ooooooohhhh him, I was hopeing he'd die and we'd actually get to see him killed, hehe, thanks for the pic Darth. :D

2-1B
05-14-2002, 04:36 PM

I'll correct that -
Jargo should be pleased since Shaak's the clown who replaced Yaddle on the council. :D

Was there any specific mention of the wedding at the end? I know we'll see it, but I'm just wondering if the audience is meant to infer that they are "married".

DeadEye
05-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Whoa, hold up. I can understand that Super battle droids and droidekas could kill those Jedi...but normal battle droids? How?

In Ep1 Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were the only fighting Jedi and no battle droids killed them! :confused:

Pendo
05-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Whoa, hold up. I can understand that Super battle droids and droidekas could kill those Jedi...but normal battle droids? How?

In Ep1 Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were the only fighting Jedi and no battle droids killed them! :confused:

But they only fought about 10-15 battle droids at a time. Now there are millions of them. I don't think even 200 Jedi could deflect ALL their laser blasts.

PENDO!

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 04:42 PM
The audience should be able to tell that they are married at the end with the holy man and Padme's lacey veil. As for any specific mention, no one else knows about it. Obi-Wan and whats left of the council thought that Anakin just escorted Padme back to Naboo.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 04:45 PM
Deadeye, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn were only outnumbered six to one. If you have only 200 Jedi going up against hundreds of thousands of battle droids then the odds are stacked pretty well against the Jedi. Add in Geonosians, Jango and the three arena beasts and you have the recipe for a slaughter.

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 04:47 PM

Because the Jedi were outnumbered 200+ to 1, they were getting attacked every which direction, including the air, and not everyone is as skilled as Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Oh yeah, don't forget about Threepio, who has always been just a walking engine of destruction. He could take out all the Jedi by himself.;):D

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 04:53 PM
Oh yeah, don't forget about Threepio, who has always been just a walking engine of destruction. He could take out all the Jedi by himself.;):D

Thats true. After all, C-3PO did say "DIE JEDI! DIE!!".

ishi tib
05-14-2002, 05:04 PM
is the Nikto Jedi knight very visible?

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ishi tib
is the Nikto Jedi knight very visible?
About as much as any other non-important Jedi extra in the arena.

DeadEye
05-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Other than Coleman Trebor (who Jango shot), does Jango kill any other Jedi? Also, do any Jedi die particularly gruesome or spectacular deaths?

saladin
05-14-2002, 05:42 PM
can't wait for yoda

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Other than Coleman Trebor (who Jango shot), does Jango kill any other Jedi? Also, do any Jedi die particularly gruesome or spectacular deaths?

Jango doesen't kill any other Jedi. I saw a few that were laying down dead in the arena, but nothing really graphic other than Coleman's death.

And you won't be disappointed about Yoda saladin.

DeadEye
05-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Lord_Malakite, here's a question about the end duel...

Anakin has a green lightsaber in the hangar. He fights Dooku with it after Obi-Wan is out, then he uses the two lightsabers...one gets knocked out of his hands. In the comic, Anakin is left again holding the green one when his arm is sliced off. But in the trailers, you can clearly see that Ani is fighting Dooku with one lightsaber at some point, and the saber is BLUE. Sup wit' dat? :D

Jedi Clint
05-14-2002, 06:38 PM
The comic isn't accurate. I have seen the entire duel.

DeadEye
05-14-2002, 06:41 PM
So after the fight with 2 lightsabers, ani loses the green one, then fights Dooku again with the blue, and then loses his arm?

Jedi Clint
05-14-2002, 06:44 PM
During fight with 2 sabers, Dooku chops the green saber in 2. Anakin continues to fight with blue one until he loses his arm.

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
During fight with 2 sabers, Dooku chops the green saber in 2. Anakin continues to fight with blue one until he loses his arm.

What he said. I'm also pretty certain Dooku managed to take Anakin's second lightsaber before slicing his arm off. That is why the Dooku figure has a second lightsaber.

Jango_in_Germany
05-14-2002, 07:15 PM
to those who have seen the film.....does anyone else think the saber fights were too short?? especially yoda's, i couldnt have been but about a minute and a half if it was that long.

personally i think maul was trained by dooku/tyranus. then again after seeing yoda go to town on dooku, maybe palpatine did train maul. my wife loves watching that yoda fight over and over.

crazy woman

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jango_in_Germany
to those who have seen the film.....does anyone else think the saber fights were too short?? especially yoda's, i couldnt have been but about a minute and a half if it was that long.

personally i think maul was trained by dooku/tyranus. then again after seeing yoda go to town on dooku, maybe palpatine did train maul. my wife loves watching that yoda fight over and over.

crazy woman

Yeah, they seemed shorter than the others. Then again, the lightsaber battles didn't have fillers (switching between various battles) like the other movies. I believe that is the primary cause. Hopefully Yoda will have more battles in Episode III.

DeadEye
05-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Sorry, Lord_Malakite. I'm probably driving you insane with so many questions...:crazed:

Is there any music in the movie that's not on the soundtrack? What music, if any, plays during the duels? And in the AOTC commercials, there is music playing. Parts of that music are from "bounty hunter's pursuit" but the rest of it I haven't heard before.

If Dooku chops Anakin's green saber in two, how come the version that comes with the toy is whole? ;)

Also, in the graphic novel when Dooku is overwhelmed by Yoda (I saw this in a movie still also), Dooku pulls out a second lightsaber, a blue one. But the novel never mentioned that. Does it happen?

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Sorry, Lord_Malakite. I'm probably driving you insane with so many questions...:crazed:

Is there any music in the movie that's not on the soundtrack? What music, if any, plays during the duels? And in the AOTC commercials, there is music playing. Parts of that music are from "bounty hunter's pursuit" but the rest of it I haven't heard before.

If Dooku chops Anakin's green saber in two, how come the version that comes with the toy is whole? ;)

Also, in the graphic novel when Dooku is overwhelmed by Yoda (I saw this in a movie still also), Dooku pulls out a second lightsaber, a blue one. But the novel never mentioned that. Does it happen?

I can't answer your questions concerning the music since I don't have the soundtrack and am not familiar with the names of the newer pieces yet. Hopefully one of the others who seen the movie can answer these two.

Do you realize the choking hazard that would cause having a broken saber?

Dooku did not use a second lightsaber on Yoda. The second lightsaber Dooku has is the one he takes from Anakin during their battle.

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Dooku doesn't take Anakin's green saber in the duel, at least not in the version I have downloaded. The sabers Anakin and Obi-wan have aren't even theirs. In the arena battle, 2 Jedi throw the sabers to Anakin and Obi when they are on the Reek's back. Anakin gets knocked out by force lightening almost immediately after Obi screams "No Anakin, No!" Obi duels and gets his arse kicked by Dooku. Just as Dooku is about to thrust his saber down into Obi, Anakin does a really cool force jump and blocks Dooku's saber, like the Vader/Luke duel in ROJ in front of the Emp. As Ani and Dooku duel, Obi force pulls the saber into his hands, and throws it to Ani. After about a minute or so of Ani's duel saber fighting, Dooku swings and chops the green sabers handle in half. They finish with Anakin using the blue one, and losing his arm, with Dooku force pushing him knocking him unconscious.

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Dooku doesn't take Anakin's green saber in the duel, at least not in the version I have downloaded.

I didn't say he took the green one. Dooku takes the blue one.

DeadEye
05-14-2002, 08:54 PM
So does Dooku use a second saber or not?

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Nope..unless there is more than one cut of the film floating about.

DarthChuckMc
05-14-2002, 08:58 PM
I was just showing my neighbor part of the arena battle. He isn't a SW fanatic, but he said he'll definately go see it after watching a few minutes of that.

Jargo
05-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Happy happy happy little Jedi fleeing the arena in the big jellycopter thingies BOOOM! bye bye Shaak Ti :D missin' ya already....... :evil:

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Happy happy happy little Jedi fleeing the arena in the big jellycopter thingies BOOOM! bye bye Shaak Ti :D missin' ya already....... :evil:

Somebody is on the path to the Dark Side. :evil:

jawaboy
05-15-2002, 03:02 AM
Was Jabba in the movie at all?

earl
05-15-2002, 03:29 AM
to those who have seen the film, how does adi galia use her lightsaber? does she hold it downward like in the videogames (jedi starfighter, jedi power battles)?

Beast
05-15-2002, 03:31 AM
Kinda hard to answer you, in a non-spoiler section. But I will be vague. Adi Gallia only appears in the Jedi Council scenes, she does not fight with her lightsaber. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

earl
05-15-2002, 03:42 AM
thats too bad. i was expecting to see her fight coz the cut scenes from the video game jedi starfighter (PS2) was pretty cool. and the way she handles a lightsaber, downwards, looks like a samurai. i just hope action scenes from unduli, barris offee, and kit fisto will make up for it. thanks jarjar.

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 05:31 AM
Things that stuck out/amused me.

Padme's amazing red button. In her private yacht on Tatooine, everytime she has to do something whether it's transmit holos or pull up navigation charts, she pushes the same red button on the console.

During the first kiss on Naboo, the music swells up and suddenly cuts off when she say's "I can't do this." Whether it intentional or not, its pretty funny.

Obi Wan's fight with the Acklay seemed like an homage to Herryhausen with Ewan and his spear stabbing at the Acklay.

Biggest laugh from the audience is when Yoda tucks into his fighting stance.

Anakin's "nightmare" sequence looks like he's "pleasuring" himself under the covers while calling out for his mother. Uber-creepy.

Shmi does indeed "Flop" when she dies.

The massiffs seem to be Tusken pets, not geonosians like the toy. (although the Geos might have had them, too, but I didn't notice any)

I thought it was far-fetched when Padme jumped down 30 feet to land on the ridged scaly back of the Reek. That HAD to hurt.

The fight between Anakin and Dooku was pretty much a strobe light effect for the audience. Very irritating to watch. the Yoda lightsaber scene rocked.

No Clontroopers on Speeder bikes unfortunately. It was a bit wierd to see "heroic" clonetroopers. I think watching the saga in order will make the Stormies in ANH look like the good guys and the Rebel troops look like the baddies. Further confusing future generations of fans.

I noticed a lot of cut sequences from the book and the screenplay:

The first Jedi temple search for the Kamino Saberdart is gone. Obi Wan goes directly to Dex's.

Jocastu Nu's talk about Dooku and the twenty is completely gone.

Only one youngling speaks up during the Star Map sequence.

ALL of Padme's family sequences are cut.

After Anakin admits to killing the Tuskens, there was more dialogue like 'I don't want to hate them..." that got cut. I kept thinking they should have left that in and got rid of Cleigg saying good-bye to Shmi because honestly who cares? We met the character 2 minutes previous, he had 4 lines and we never see him again in the Saga.

The acting was hit and miss. The entire beginning seemed forced and wooden so you'll have that stigma attached to the performances for the rest of the film. But there were genuine moments from everybody in the film. Padme and Anakin clicked sometimes but mostly they didn't. When watching them you'll be like "Whoa! Did I miss some build up here or what??"

Coleman Trebor geting nailed by Jango and tumbling over the balcony will please everyone who thought Yareal Poof should have been in the film.

CGI C-3PO was awful. After seeing him stiff and limited in range of movement for the last 25 years, seeing him bounce around like a gymnast was disconcerting. CGI Yoda on the other hand was very impressive. maybe Frank can get that best supporting actor nod this year :rolleyes:

That's all I can muster mrom my cobwebby head at 4:30 in the morning. I'm watching it again tomorrow when I work, so I'll catch different things this time. I just want to say I can't wait for all the toys to be made from this one. The Artillery bunker should be a doozy.

PS There was no Jabba.

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by jawaboy
Was Jabba in the movie at all?

No Jabba.

Pendo
05-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Anakin's "nightmare" sequence looks like he's "pleasuring" himself under the covers while calling out for his mother. Uber-creepy.

LOL, now I know why the British version was nearly a 12...

On the Episode II Choices video from the DVD website you see Obi-Wan with a green saber. At what point in the film do you see this?

PENDO!

Jango_in_Germany
05-15-2002, 10:53 AM
The fight between Anakin and Dooku was pretty much a strobe light effect for the audience. Very irritating to watch. the Yoda lightsaber scene rocked.

i couldnt agree more with this statement.

the rest of your review is dead on eternal padawan.

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Pendo

LOL, now I know why the British version was nearly a 12...

On the Episode II Choices video from the DVD website you see Obi-Wan with a green saber. At what point in the film do you see this?

PENDO!

I don't remember Obi-Wan having a green saber. Even at the end of the movie when Obi and Ani got generic sabers for the arena battle, Obi's was blue. The only thing I can think of is you have Ani's saber confused with Obi's from the picture of the final battle with Dooku.

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 11:05 AM
The massiffs seem to be Tusken pets, not geonosians like the toy. (although the Geos might have had them, too, but I didn't notice any)

I'm pretty certain I saw some massifs. They were used like guard dogs.

Pendo
05-15-2002, 11:05 AM
I don't remember Obi-Wan having a green saber. Even at the end of the movie when Obi and Ani got generic sabers for the arena battle, Obi's was blue. The only thing I can think of is you have Ani's saber confused with Obi's from the picture of the final battle with Dooku.

Here's a pic of it...

PENDO!

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 11:11 AM

Here's a pic of it...

PENDO!

I must of blinked and missed Obi switching lightsabers with Anakin during the battle then. In any case, its from the battle with Dooku.

Pendo
05-15-2002, 11:15 AM
I must of blinked and missed it then. In any case, its from the battle with Dooku.

Thanx!
When I first saw that pic back in 2000/01 I thought Obi-Wan would have been using Qui-Gon's saber, and I wish he was :(.

Is it Liam Neeson who does the Qui-Gon voice before Anakin kills the Tuskens and is it obvious that it's Qui-Gon?

PENDO!

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Is it Liam Neeson who does the Qui-Gon voice before Anakin kills the Tuskens and is it obvious that it's Qui-Gon?

PENDO!

I'm not for certain if it was Liam. It wasn't too obvious to me, but thats probably because I was busy watching the Tusken heads flying off.

Pendo
05-15-2002, 11:26 AM
I'm not for certain if it was Liam. It wasn't too obvious to me, but thats probably because I was busy watching the Tusken heads flying off.

Thanx again Lord_Malakite! I'll wait untill tomorrow to get the answeres to the rest of my questions.

PENDO!

BanthaPoodoo
05-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Yes it is Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon) that says "No, Anakin, Noooooo!!"

Posted over at this site (http://www.upcomingmovies.com)

I also read today at TFN that they filmed some scenes for the OT during the filming of SWEII, & will do the same thing during SWEIII, so that when the DVD's come out, they will be even more screwed up.......

Yoda scene was awesome.....

Kit Fisto's grin was great!!!!

I thought the CGI Threepio was pretty good & funny, but the entire sequence wasn't needed for plot development. It was really just GL saying "hey, look what we can do!" It looked like a giant pit droid flyin around carrying threepio.

There was A LOT of cut stuff from the novelization. I think they should have put it in.

Some things like Obi going to the archives or showing Shmi getting captured etc. would have been good for the film IMO. I know they didnt put in the first Shmi encounter though as it would have ruined the surprise of later on, but as for the part with Obi I am at a loss. It just sounds stupid when Dex is talking about him going to the archives when they dont show it, and after talking to Dex, he then goes to the archives.

Things I think are cool about the movie:

The way the Kaminoans walk. They just sort of float along.

The way Dex walks. He looks like a big lumbering dinosaur, it's pretty entertaining.

The fight scenes: Yoda/Dooku, Jango/Obi-Wan, Mace/Jango, Slave I/Jedi Starfighter...........

Things I didnt care for:

Anakin on the big tick lookin creature.

Hayden's acting...... It just didnt seem natural like Ewan or Sam Jackson.

The long long long long long long long long speeder chase through Coruscant. The beginning is quite slow (the end makes up for it) so this REALLY long speeder chase seems that much longer.

All in all though this movie totally kicks butt. I will probably see it many many times. One of it not the best so far.......

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Ugh. yeah. CG Anakin surfing on the shaak was atrocious.

I think that "Choices" image was just a publicity image where they put a green blade in his hand. The aluminum sabers the shoot the film with are ALL green to stand out against the bluescreen background, but they can digitally add in whatever color blade they want later.

Hayden was hit and miss. I don't think it was because he can't act, I think it's because George has trouble defining what he wants from certain performances and he's not really interested in letting the actors explore their characters thoroughly.

He's going to have to work on that by the next episode or its going to fall flat. not only does it have to cap THIS triogy in terms of emotional closure. it has to set up the OT. If I don't buy the fissure between Anakin and Obi Wan, the pain, the heartache, the betrayal, the loss, then the OT will be diminished. I'll feel like there's no history between the two like I did when I first saw ANH.

2-1B
05-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Eternal Padawan, how did you like the movie overall? :)
Where do you rank it?

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Ugh. yeah. CG Anakin surfing on the shaak was atrocious.

You aren't kidding. Did you see what I had to say about that scene a few pages back?

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Eternal Padawan, how did you like the movie overall? :)
Where do you rank it?

I need to watch it more than once to accurately "rank" it with the other films. Remember the OT has a 25 year head start and hundreds of viewings under it's belt. And TPM has a dozens of viewings and three years of contemplation behind it. On the other hand, this one has the dazzle of novelty going for it. The first new SW footage in three years.

The massing of the clone army at the end gave me a keanu Reeves type "Whoa." it's pretty immense and intense with the Imperial March playing.

The wedding scene was kind of a clumsy ending. I can't quite put my finger on it. The lingering kiss at the end felt they wanted to break it off and George was behind the camera saying "Just a little longer! Just a little longer!" My opinion may change in time.

The other "Whoa" I got was watching the credits when the digital people came up. Five columns of names across and it scrolls by for like 15 seconds. That is A LOT of people. Didn't hear any "breathing" like at the end of TPM, but I may watch it again to make sure.

I can't figure out what "Extra" scene Rcik told the Celebration II crowd that George filmed a couple weeks ago and stuck in at the last minute. Does anyone know?

mylow thehutt
05-15-2002, 04:03 PM
did Ploo Koon lead the Jedi into battel,and did he take off his robe,like the figure?

RooJay
05-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Since that image of Obi Wan with a green lightsaber was on the DVD for TPM, which was done before most of the effects work had begun on AOTC, then it's safe to assume that it isn't accurate to the finished film.

BanthaPoodoo
05-15-2002, 04:55 PM
no Plo did not lead them into battle, Mace sneaks up on Jango & slips the light saber under his neck (a cool scene imho) then you see Jedi extending light saber all around the arena in different shots.

RooJay
05-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Please don't tell me that the movie opens tomorrow and people are already starting to pick it to pieces?!

BanthaPoodoo
05-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Here is a shot from the film with Obi using blue saber

Jargo
05-15-2002, 05:06 PM
We've been picking it to pieces since they started showing select images and the first behind the scenes footage started showing up. What's wrong with that? That's the difference in being a fan and being someone who simply goes to see a movie. If we weren't going to pick it apart and dissect those parts then we wouldn't come here we'd go to the official site forums and kiss some butt. Fawning and genuflecting aren't what constitutes discussion, that's what glee clubs are for. :)

Beast
05-15-2002, 05:08 PM
RooJay, the movie opens tommorow, and people have been picking it to pieces for a long time already. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
RooJay, the movie opens tommorow, and people have been picking it to pieces for a long time already. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, for nearly two years now. I don't know about you, but I'm all picked out when it comes to Episode II. Lets start picking at Episode III. :D

Keep those questions coming. In six hours this thread will be outdated. :cry:

derek
05-15-2002, 06:58 PM
in the screen shot of the headless jango, what is that thing coming out of his neck, like a stump, or a rod? is it part of his jet pack? i thought that it was knocked off?

Jedi Clint
05-15-2002, 07:11 PM
Derek,

I think I see the other portions of his jet pack sticking out "above" his shoulders. I guess the sequence where he lost the pack and shot it, blowing it up in an attempt to kill Mace was scrapped?

jjreason
05-15-2002, 08:44 PM
I guess "picking it to pieces" is the curse of loving Star Wars so much. We all wish that everything done in the movies was suited perfectly to our own personal tastes. The thing is, millions upon millions of us love Star Wars to varying degrees of intensity, and for many diverse reasons. Some are staunch action lovers, some only care about character development and drama. Both bases have to be covered, though, don't they? Attack of the Clones has AWESOME action. The final battle took my breath away unlike anything since Hoth - and I was 8 years old then, somewhat easier to make gasp. The dramatics had me concerned going in, based on the dialogue in the novelization, but I thought the actors carried it off very well. AOTC is much more 20-35yr old friendly than TPM- it will suit the people that grew up with the OT very well. I think this movie will stand up to the multiple viewings we're going to sick on it. I've seen it once and am already planning an extended trip to the theatre for a couple of more viewings this weekend. It was everything I hoped for, and I hope most of you feel the same way.

Amanamike
05-15-2002, 10:10 PM
This is where I totally agree about picking it to pieces..why??? This is George Lucas vision not ours and he owns the right to star wars so he can do what he wants with it. We really have no right to tell him how it shoulda been when this was his baby right from the start. We are just the people who enjoy it and if you look to the kids5-11 like we were many years ago, to them these movies are the best, and thats where we got hung up on back in the 70s and 80s. We are now mostly adults and think that we are the true experts when in fact George has probably thought of every concievable plot line out there. So just sit back and enjoy what he has given us, he deserves our praise and thanks for a job well done.

Battle Droid
05-15-2002, 10:23 PM
People pick at alot of films, it's the same way with the Jurassic Park Trilogy.

die-jarjar-die
05-15-2002, 11:16 PM
Well I've just got home from seeing it & my head is reeling.......

Too much to take in & comment on in depth..but some thoughts...

Music in the film, not on the soundtrack: A nice choice of using the Emperors theme in a couple of scenes

The lightsaber battles: Ok they were short but they ruled! Especially liked Anakin vs Dooku alone.

The 2 gungans who appear to be arguing when Padme & Anakin arrive at Naboo

The Millenium Falcon (or similar freighter) on the bottom left of the screen when the Freighter lands at the Naboo port.

Palpatine: Nuff said! This guy is SUPERB!!! Bested only by Count Dooku!

Dooku explaining to Obi Wan everything that we know & Obi Wan shrugging it off as lies

On the subject of lies & deceit, for those that have seen the film did anyone else think that the Jedi get what they deseve in the long run for keeping "Secrets" in a rather deceptive way which will ultimately lead to their downfall? An interseting point I picked up on whilst watching the film.

On the whole I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, yes the acting was wooden in parts but hey it wouldnt be Star Wars if they all acted well would it? Some of the dialogue was a little cheesy in places & the love part was a lil queasy in places but unfortunately it is necessary to have unless we want a SW saga minus Luke & Leia?

Battle Droid
05-16-2002, 12:07 AM
The 2 gungans who appear to be arguing when Padme & Anakin arrive at Naboo.

Are people seeing different cuts of the film? Cause someone said Binks was the only Gungan in the film.

BanthaPoodoo
05-16-2002, 12:12 AM
When Anakin & Amidala are walking up the stairs & she is talking about being too young when she is queen, there is one gungan on the right hand side of the screen.

As for two arguing, I didnt notice them, unless its the same place.

Beast
05-16-2002, 12:12 AM
Are people seeing different cuts of the film? Cause someone said Binks was the only Gungan in the film.
They may not have noticed them. Hopefully they are in the film, since they should be mingling more with the humans that live on Naboo, since E1. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

die-jarjar-die
05-16-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
When Anakin & Amidala are walking up the stairs & she is talking about being too young when she is queen, there is one gungan on the right hand side of the screen.

As for two arguing, I didnt notice them, unless its the same place.

Yes it is exactly here that I spotted the 2 gungans. Im pretty sure there were 2 i tend to spend as much time looking around the screen as i do watchin the main action.

Lord Malakite
05-16-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

They may not have noticed them

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I would say that was the case.

2-1B
05-16-2002, 05:22 AM
Easy now, there's indeed some picking to be done here. :)
I'm pretty high on the film right now, I'm throwing around in the poll that I loved 90% of it. Several more viewings should mitigate that number, but there is alot to talk about!
So many negative reviews where I read about how bad Hayden was (amongst others) and he just might be my favorite character in that movie. :D
Noticeably absent from many of the negative reviews was the Threepio factor. Why wasn't that getting hounded? :D Some well deserved critcism is on its way from me. :)