PDA

View Full Version : well, i finally got dooku out of the pack and...

hango fett
05-10-2002, 09:06 PM
he's a pretty cool figure. he was more made for the fight bettween annie and dooku because of his slashing lightsaber action. if you hold it right, it'll cut HD anikans removable arm off easily! very nifty!

what do you think?
as always,
HF

SNAYSON
05-11-2002, 01:11 PM
I too got my dooku today, with that i also got bespin duel darth vader, final battle jango fett and Geonosian rescue Mace Windu!

Paul-Kenobi
05-11-2002, 01:22 PM
i still havent found dooku yet

manji
05-11-2002, 01:54 PM
I thought Dooku looked awesome in all of the pictures I'd seen floating around. I'd driven to countless (Count-less, get it!) Wal-Marts withing a 100-mile radius since 4/23 to find him. Finally, Tuesday morning I went to my friendly neighborhood WM and there he sat, only one of two. I carefully compared the two for any paint blemishes or any outward signs of "looseness". I realize that's hard to while they're on the card, but sometimes the appendages seem farther away from the body than they should, so I keep searching until I find one that "looks tight". Anyway, I put one back, purchased my ONE Dooku, and immediately opened him. Well....

He doesn't stand, his cape falls off, one of the wrists lacks articulation, and the gimmick arm has a finite number of poses (about one, to be exact). The pack-in rocks, though. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the AOTC figures, I haven't complained about any of them. This is the one I wanted most of all, and spent numerous hours and gas searching for, and I was bitterly disappointed by the end product. Could just be the one I got, though. I went back later that day and the second one was still there, but I didn't get him. His face paint was all screwy! Has anyone else who has been fortunate enough to find him felt the same?

subMERGE
05-11-2002, 02:04 PM
I think Dooku is a fairly good figure, but wouldn't have went searching for him. I went on 4/23, in the evening to my local TRU, and saw at least 50 Dookus on the pegs and in bins. I was able to compare and contrast through all of them. I really like the one I bought. It has a good paint job, and the action feature works great, although on his second green light saber, the saber keeps falling off the handle.

Forhekset
05-11-2002, 02:43 PM
The only thing that bugs me about Dooku is that his cape is so heavy if you manage to make it stay on it topples the figure over (I need some stands). Otherwise no complaints, mine has a great paint job etc. But I think almost all the new figures are pretty good as far as details and sculpting go.

QLD
05-11-2002, 02:48 PM
I am not a fan of the cape either. Even on a stand, it falls off if you even so much as touch it.

Jargo
05-11-2002, 04:21 PM
He's gotta look a tonne better than the deluxe version. That looks like Vincent Price with stomach cramps! Seriously bad likeness and the sculpt is just dreadful and not finished at all. It looks like they grabbed the sculpt from the sculptors hands halfway through the process and sent it off to the factory unfinished.

Wonder how Christopher Lee feels about his mini likenesses looking like Vincent Price? And that leg squeezing thing must surely give him sleepless nights and nightmares!!!!! :eek:

CrossWizard
05-11-2002, 04:32 PM
Actually in an interview they conducted with him about 2 weeks after the toys went on sale they asked him how he felt about having a toy made out of him and he said even though his Star Wars counterpart does not look as accurate as the one from LOTR, that he felt honored about being immortalized in a plastic statuette.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 03:18 AM
Just got Dooku today (thanks Dryanta!) and I think he is really cool. The action feature is alright, but it tends to make him throw his lightsaber. I tried making him cut off HD Anakin's arm but Anakin's magnet was too strong and Dooku just ended up losing his lightsaber. He was able to punch Anakin's arm off though.:)

The likeness is pretty good and the sculpting detail is wonderful. Overall a really good figure.

2-1B
05-12-2002, 03:26 AM
I like him too, I just wish the left wrist was articulated. It's cool that he comes with 2 sabers, and I really wanted to pose him holding both sabers crossing over each other. Kinda as if he's lording it over his opponent, taunting him. :)
I think the head is a great likeness.

Jargo
05-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Really? You don't think it looks a litle Vincent Price like? That hand problem is easily solved. Just slice it off with an exacto knife and reglue it back on with superglue in the desired pose. That's what i intend to do. When I eventually find a Dooku that is. Can't believe so few showed up here in good old Blighty. Oh well, I expect I'll find one someday....... *trails off in despair* :(

Darth Evil
05-12-2002, 08:21 AM
All this just makes me want the figure even more, he sounds great, aside from the few complaints that I'm hearing over and over. A new Sith Lord with a new style lightsaber AND a mini Holo Sidious, you can't get much cooler.