PDA

View Full Version : So the guards are done? (spoilers)

DukeofErg
09-10-2001, 03:42 PM
I collect all of the royal guard and senate guard-related items, but now according to the Insider the senate guards are already gone? Moving on to the red royal guards already? That sucks!!!! All I got was a 4" figure and a 12" version packaged with Mr Excitement. Where are the pencil holders? The backpacks? I wanna see some more blue, man! There are a thousand vintage items with royal guards, I would think their origin would get a little of the attention.

master jedi
09-10-2001, 09:04 PM
The red guards in AOTC aren't going to havre the black visor like they do in RotJ but will still be called senate guards 'cause the empire hasn't been created yet and palpatine isn't 'royalty' yet.

GNT
09-11-2001, 03:31 AM
The picture I've seen of the Red Guards from EP2 look the same as those that were in ROTJ!

evenflow
09-11-2001, 03:17 PM
I can't wait to see what Royal Guards can really do. I also can't wait for some new figures of them. Master Jedi is correct about the visor thing.

GNT
09-12-2001, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
Master Jedi is correct about the visor thing.

They both look the same to me (both the EP2 and ROTJ visors)

Classic - ROTJ
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/emperorsroyalguard/img/movie_bg.jpg

**Might be a spoiler***

The EP2 picture: http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/insider55_grd-sly.jpg

And heres a side shot:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/emperorsroyalguard/img/curve.jpg

MJ,As you said they won't have a Black visor, But from the EP2 picture it looks like a light black visor (Like Vaders helmet in ANH where you can see his eyes)

Although in the sideshot it looks red.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! And besides when/if Hasbro makes it as a figure they would just give the guard a black visor anyway!

evenflow
09-12-2001, 09:04 AM
I don't know. From the picture I rememebr seeing, they did nt have the visor. I guess we will have to wait and see.

GNT
09-14-2001, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I don't know. From the picture I rememebr seeing, they did nt have the visor. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Maybe you saw pictures of pre-production suits before the visor was put in place?As long as we get figures of them I'm happy :)

bigbarada
09-14-2001, 09:18 PM
Actually the Royal Guard visor is red. It's just a trick of the light that makes it look black.

master jedi
09-14-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Actually the Royal Guard visor is red. It's just a trick of the light that makes it look black.

How would it be a trick of the light that would make red look like that dark of black? It couldn't be a shadow.

bigbarada
09-14-2001, 10:02 PM
Look verrrrry closely at all those pictures GNT posted. The highlights of the visor are red, if the visor was black the highlights would be white or grey.

GNT
09-14-2001, 11:53 PM
The only visor that looks read is the sideshot picture, but I'm not sure if thats from ROTJ or AOTC?

bigbarada
09-15-2001, 12:03 AM
The side shot picture you have is from the Smithsonian exhibit. I've seen that picture before.

GNT
09-15-2001, 12:32 AM
Then its probably from ROTJ then :)

Jargo
09-23-2001, 03:29 PM
Actually, in terms of glass or perspex or plexiglas or whatever you want to term a dark transparent substance, the denser the pigmentation the darker the colour. Therefore deep red looks black in certain light or without a light source shining through it. There is no black where glass like substances are concerned. if it was black that would imply an absense of light completely and all you would see is dark nothingness like a black hole. Most 'black' things are that way from densities of colour. you will most likely find that a black t-shirt for example is actually dark blue or green or yellow or red. This will only become apparent after the fibres have been knocked around a little and the broken ends will show lighter than the fabric itself giving the impression of a lighter shirt. Which will undoubtedly be one of those four colours. Following me okay? The visor on the royal guards helmet is most probably a dark reddish brown like sunshades used to be. Vaders original helmet probably used old sunshade lenses because everything in that film was recycled stuff cobbled together on a tight budget.
As to these images you show us GNT, so far they have all been ROTJ ones. They official site has just looked out old images for the sake of posting something. I would imagine that the AOTC ones will have something similar to the EP1 ones in a slit down the face. the difference will be a lack of plumes on top of the helmet and the colour of the costume. Unless Lucas is just gonna be lazy and re-use the old costumes to get his moneys worth out of them. Actually that sounds more plausible as I type it. I suggest a new game, let's see how much OT and EP1 stuff gets recycled for these next two movies. Is Lucas flash with the cash or just a skinflint?

GNT
09-24-2001, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
As to these images you show us GNT, so far they have all been ROTJ ones

Then what about the EP2 picture?

This one:
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/ne...r55_grd-sly.jpg

Jargo
09-24-2001, 06:48 AM
Looks like one of the pics from either the chronicles book or the art of jedi to me. At the end of the day, if Lucas has done some tinkering with the guards he may be keeping the final look under wraps. Or, this is just a filler pic of a royal guard because royal guards were mentioned in the text of the article. It's not uncommon for errors to make it into print is it? I still don't see this as being an actual ep2 pic just a pic to illustrate an ep2 article because everyone assumes that the royal guards will look like - well, royal guards. They could be red and have no actual bearing on their jedi counterparts. I know that's unlikely but I'm simply hypothesising. If someone can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is an actual ep2 pic then I'll back down and accept it as such. Until then, I remain argumentatively yours :):D :)

Jargo
10-02-2001, 04:12 PM
I take the metaphorical icon of shame. the official site has posted a new feature on the design of Palpatines office which has a pic of a royal guard standing next to a statue in the office. It's the exact same guards as in Jedi. So it looks like I owe GNT an apology. Guess we'll be getting that resculpt of the Jedi royal guard after all. Now we know why we haven't had one up 'til now. :rolleyes:

GNT
10-03-2001, 01:36 AM
So it looks like I owe GNT an apology. :rolleyes:

Whats that? an apology?:D ;)

Jargo
10-03-2001, 06:03 AM
Whats that? an apology?

Shhhhh, don't say it so loud! I don't want everyone thinking I'm a pushover. :p

bigbarada
10-03-2001, 08:45 AM
To be honest I was going to post that pic of the Ep2 Royal Guard and reveal Jargo for the fraud he is, but he beat me to it.:p ;) :D :cool:

GNT
10-04-2001, 10:08 AM

Shhhhh, don't say it so loud! I don't want everyone thinking I'm a pushover. :p

Don't worry your secret is safe with me.... and the other 415 registered members ;)

master jedi
10-04-2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Don't worry your secret is safe with me.... and the other 415 registered members ;)

And everybody else I've told. Including people with big mouths.