PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Officer

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Is the Imperial Officer from ANH, ESB or ROTJ? My shelves are arranged by film, I wnat to know where the black-clad Officer first appeared. E-mail me at jangojohnl@aol.com

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 08:40 PM
I don't know if the sculpt is the same guy,but they were shown first in ANH

Rogue II
05-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Well, the picture they have on the card is from the Detention Block scene in ANH. The picture on the back of the card is from ROTJ. I believe the figure himself is just a generic Imperial Officer.

Dryanta
05-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Thanks rogue 2.I really wasn't sure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks, I forgot about the guys in the Death Star detention blobk.

jedi master sal
05-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Actually I believe the first appearance is on the Tantive IV (corellian blockade runner) You see an Imp officer and Vader round a corner. The Imp off. is telling Vader something like "holding her is dangerous, if word of this gets to the senate..." or something like that. I'm pretty sure he's in black. watch the movie and find out. LMK if I'm right.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 11:19 AM
Thanks Sal,
This is the scene I remembered not the "where are you taking this thing?" Officer from the detention block.

pthfnder89
05-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Actually I believe the first appearance is on the Tantive IV (corellian blockade runner) You see an Imp officer and Vader round a corner. The Imp off. is telling Vader something like "holding her is dangerous, if word of this gets to the senate..." or something like that. I'm pretty sure he's in black. watch the movie and find out. LMK if I'm right.

The Imerpial Officer talking to Vader is actually in a grey/kaki colored uniform.

The only othe possibility I can think of before the Detention block, is the gunner officers who almost shoot down the droids excape pod when they fall to Tattoine. One of them might be in black.

But I think the detention block scene is actually the first time black clad officers appear.:)

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 01:05 PM
I am going to have to agree with Jedi Master Sal. There is an officer in black that says that something like "..there was an escaped jettisioined during the fighting, no life forms were aboard." I'm not 100% positive, but I'll have to pop in the tape when I get a chance later.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-14-2002, 01:41 PM
There was also an officer, I believe, aboard the Star Destroyer who stops a gunner from firing upon the escape pod in the beginning of ANH.

Sith Lord 0498
05-14-2002, 04:36 PM
What about the officer that salutes down to Luke right after they steal the stormtrooper armor. Y'know, the guy who says "We have a bad transmitter. I'll see what I can do" and then opens the door to Chewie's growling face. Wasn't he in black??

RooJay
05-14-2002, 06:47 PM
I have always been concerned with the accuracy of the Imperial Officer figure. He wears a uniform that I don't recall ever seeing in the trilogy, and that I can't seem to locate evidence of in the films. The style of his uniform is the same as was worn by the Imperial technicians and the AT-ST drivers. Nowhere in the films have I been able to find a character wearing this style uniform in black with the Imperial Officer's cap. If I'm wrong can someone please post a pic as proof or point me to the right scene and film? I appreciate the new sculpt, but I think in this case I would've preferred Hasbro just reissue the sculpt form one of the other Imperial commander figures in black with a new head sculpt. This would've been much more accurate in my opinion.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 07:00 PM
By the way, I'm watching ANH right now, and ALL of the Imperial Officers on the Rebel Blockade Runner are wearing black (that is to say the black version of the same costumes worn by Motti, Tagge, AND Tarkin in ANH, and Ozzel, Needa, and Piett in ESB, and Jerjerrod in ROTJ.).

RooJay
05-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
I have always been concerned with the accuracy of the Imperial Officer figure. He wears a uniform that I don't recall ever seeing in the trilogy, and that I can't seem to locate evidence of in the films. The style of his uniform is the same as was worn by the Imperial technicians and the AT-ST drivers. Nowhere in the films have I been able to find a character wearing this style uniform in black with the Imperial Officer's cap. If I'm wrong can someone please post a pic as proof or point me to the right scene and film? I appreciate the new sculpt, but I think in this case I would've preferred Hasbro just reissue the sculpt form one of the other Imperial commander figures in black with a new head sculpt. This would've been much more accurate in my opinion.
Actually, I have just answered my question. I am playing my copy of ROTJ, and the costume design seen on the Imperial Officer figure is quite visible at the beginning as Vader steps out of his shuttle into the Death Star hangar bay and walks down an aisle of Imperials in the same uniform the figure wears. Still, I would've much preferred the standard Imperial Officer costume in black!