PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Wave

Mountaineer Jedi
05-10-2002, 09:14 PM
I found the Bespin wave at Toys R Us today. Picked up Vader, Luke, Jango, and Mace. I wish I had left Jango and Mace behind though, their just terrible.
But on a positive note I think the Bespin Luke is pretty cool, and I really enjoy the weathervane that comes with it. Also IMO you can't go wrong with a new Darth Vader figure even though Hasbro has made one for almost every scene in the original trilogy. Now if I could only get the Toy Fair version.

Darth Detori
05-10-2002, 09:51 PM
what??? What's 'just terrible' about Jango??? I personally think he's one of the best figures of the line (Bespin luke too).
Mace is a pretty good sculpt, though kind of annoying since he's truly scene-exclusive. His action feature actually works though and looks cool. The button on his back, though, does not

Mountaineer Jedi
05-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Actually the Final Dual Jango is growing on me. I do like the fact it has more articulation that the others.

bigbarada
05-10-2002, 10:32 PM
Does the Final Battle Jango actually fit in the Slave 1?

Wolfwood319
05-10-2002, 11:12 PM
The Final Battle Jango is one of my all time favorite figures. I love the flame effect, the articulation, everything. I like the Mace as well, but he's very scene specific. I like his "action gimmick" though. It really works well on mine. The Luke and Vader are cool as well. Finally we have the definitive Bespin Luke.

lobster-man
05-10-2002, 11:59 PM
I am totally impressed with this wave. :D Jango is MONDO COOL!!! Although my wouldn't stand properly... so I had to boil him up to his knees (POOR GUY!) re-position his leg while hot and then poor cold water on it so it would hold its pose, Now he stands great. My 2- year old won't touch his Flame Thrower Projectile saying HOT! HOT! so I figure that looks as best as it could.The thruster back pack is awesome too! :cool: Luke is almost photo accurate if you can find the right paint application to his eyes, and his button doesn't really get in the way of the figure's play value.:D I want to swap heads with the deluxe mace, but I'll wait to see his "new movie fighting style" first:rolleyes: Vader number what is it 11? is one that I was hoping that they would do... but I would have liked to see a little more curl to the wrist on his out-stretched hand:zzz: You know the "Join Me My Son " pose where he is shaking his slowly curling fist at battered Luke.:evil: All in all this is a case worthy asst.!:D

SithDroid
05-11-2002, 12:06 AM
Well I guess I'll have to check TRU since that seems to be the place that is getting most of these.

dirtybones
05-11-2002, 08:51 AM
AAAAA Man !!!! Where are these figures? my TRU had better get with it!!!!!!

yngadult
05-13-2002, 06:29 PM
What features does this Darth have that makes him unique? My favorite is the Darth with removable helmet. How does this Darth compare?

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 06:33 PM
He has a column that can be "cut" by his lightsaber, similar to that seen in the "I'm your dad" scene in ESB. He also has a hand outstretched. Woot.

Pschtyckque
05-13-2002, 06:36 PM
I picked up two pairs of these figures over the weekend. Pretty cool. Has anyone found the bloody version of Luke?

DeadEye
05-13-2002, 07:20 PM
I don't have the Luke yet, but hope to get the version that has the peg instead of the magnet, to keep the hand from constantly flying off.

Hey dirtybones, you just can't seem to find any of these new figures, can you? I was like that with Dooku...now I see bajillions of them, PEGWARMERS!!!! It was cool...I found about twenty at a wal-mart, showed it to my mom and was like, "Look, it's Dookie." (Because she and I had looked so long for this figure.) And then this dude and his attractive female companion came along. I held a Dooku and replaced him on the rack. The guy was like, "Oh my god, are you gonna get that?" I told him, "Nah, I already have one." Which I did. He was like, "OH MY GOD, I finally found one! Thank you! You have no idea what this means to me!" He also said his attractive female companion was a stand-in for Natalie Portman in Episode I. :rolleyes:

jobare1
05-13-2002, 09:14 PM
I picked up 2 Bespin Lukes this weekend and both of them were the "bloody stump" version. The 2 that were left on the rack were also this way. Haven't seen the other variations yet.

Darth Nihilus
05-13-2002, 10:59 PM
Aaaargh!!! I just bought my Luke today and am debating whether or not to rip him open or wait till I find a second one to keep MOC.

Vortex
05-13-2002, 11:14 PM
Stang...lots of bloody versions. The only think I can find is the non-bloody version.

Dirtybones and I live in MN, just a stones throw from each other and we have to battle scalpers, greedy employees constantly at the local TRU, WM, local suburban Targets, and Super Kame-aparts, and I feel for him...its not easy getting new figs. 95% of the time, the "new" stuff doesn't hit the shelves till months after, sometimes it doesn't even hit at all.

I lucked out at the Target HQ in downtown Minneapolis. The HQ has a store built in and they always stock the new star wars stuff.
I grabbed my stuff on friday and picked off the Massiff, Orn, Qui-Gonn, Rebel trooper set too. The Qui-Gonn is a disapointment. He looks like he has a broken wrist, and looks like he's bloated. he looks chubby.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Bespin Luke is a very good likeness. I like the new knee articulation and I hope more of the newer figures are blessed with it. The weather vane is a great accessory except it doesn't stick very well and I had to pin it to the door I have it standing on.

Bespin Vader After the lackluster Dagobah and EW vader of the POTJ line, this figure is a godsend. THANK YOU HASBRO. It's the Tallest Vader yet and not only can you use it for the traditional "I am you Father" scene, you can use him in the Dining Room scene from ESB and (if they get around to making Colton Antilles) the Choking scene from ANH too! The only drawback is the limited poseability of his right arm and the his outer cape seems a little small, but you can remove it and use one of the other twenty Vader capes that have come out. I actually have a customized cloth Batman cape that I snipped the edges off of that I use. once again, his accurate size is the most impressive thing about the figure, followed closely by his multiple scene specific uses. Excellent figgie!

Jango is a One Pose wonder (again) with disjointed knee segments. He looks cool if you put him in that one position, but other than that...feh.

Mace is the worst figure of the bunch. Not as bad as Padme and Outlander Anakin, but it warrants being left in the package.

CooLJoE
05-14-2002, 12:16 AM
I was able to find 2 Mace Windu Geonosians today. My friend opened his. All I can say is he is best in the package. His arm flops around and, though we did not try it, I imagine his saber will fly out when using the rotating arm swing gimmick.

Other than finding no other new figures, we did find 3 of the R2D2s with round peg joints and background insert. So I now have all 3 variations (cept the one where the package has no hole to try the feature).

DrewDewce
05-14-2002, 07:35 AM
The Target near me in Louisville, KY hasn't stocked new figs in almost two weeks now. I went yesterday and figs were spread out all over and not even on the pegs to warm them ;-)

Hopefully this will change soon and I can finish the Bespin wave. I need Luke, Vader, Mace & Boba FB

Mountaineer Jedi
05-14-2002, 07:36 AM
I have to agree about the Darth Vader figure, it is IMO one of the best even with the limited poses.

evenflow
05-14-2002, 07:41 AM
I can't find anything, but i hope that I can find the blood variation Luke.

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-14-2002, 08:28 AM
I got my bespin wave last week and love luke and darth...I hated Mace and Jango....went back today and was able to look in over 20 cases they said they were set 1 wave 3 but no bespin figs tons of Dookus though. If anyone needs one I can sure get him.

I still think the bespin accessories will fit in a later playset...when you move the suction cup on the weather vane, you can see a peg fits in it. And Darth's looks like it fits over a peg too....we all know they are going to do this with the clone trooper pilot/gunners

Nataku
05-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
His arm flops around and, though we did not try it, I imagine his saber will fly out when using the rotating arm swing gimmick.

Actually, Hasbro accounted for the fact that Mace's saber would go flinging and they designed a nifty fix (which also explains why Mace's saber is so large).

If you take Mace's saber and push the bottom of the hilt into the hole under his right hand, the saber will "plug" neatly in and be held securely while using the slashing feature to let Mace thrash about chopping up Battle Droids!

You can also use the space under in his arm to plug in some of those force effects from the other deluxe Mace figure.

By plugging his Saber into his sleeve, it secures the saber AND helps the saber look shorter so it doesn't look so huge...

Nataku

pthfnder89
05-14-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Bespin Vader After the lackluster Dagobah and EW vader of the POTJ line, this figure is a godsend. THANK YOU HASBRO.

Out of curiosity, what did you think was lackluster about Dagobah Vader Eternal Padawan? Most people, including me, tend to think it's one of the best Vaders ever made.

DarthMushy
05-14-2002, 10:25 AM
The Bespin figures are excellent IMO. The Luke/Vader duel in Empire is my favorite scene in all of the Star Wars movies, so I've been waiting for these figures a long time.

The Jango figure is ok... I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't impressed either.

I absolutely love the expression on Mace's face, but I'm not too happy with the figure itself. He kept flinging his lightsaber at me. However, I didn't try plugging it into the hole... I'll try that.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Compared to the New Saga Bespin Vader, Dagobah Vader is...feh. I put him back in the package and stuffed him in a box. He's too short for one thing. Vader and Chewie are the tallest SW characters, but they get made to short all the time. Until now. mechanic Chewie and this Vader are my two fave figures now.

Jonna
05-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Has anyone been able to fix the problem with Cool-Hand Luke's Weathervein thing not being strong enough to hold him for long. I was thinking of velcro-tape. Any suggestions?

Mountaineer Jedi
05-14-2002, 01:05 PM
I've found that the weathervane suction cup only stays on a smooth surface like glass (mirror, or ceiling fan light globe :D ) I haven't had much luck with any other surface.
Also, my wife just "loved" seeing an action figure hanging from the ceiling fan. Oh well.

Jonna
05-14-2002, 01:14 PM
I was hanging it from the bottom of a shelf on a book case. It was laminated wood and it kept falling down in the middle of the night. My girl friend was laughing uncontrolably because I kept getting up during the night to fix it. Can you say Obsessive-Compulsive.

LTBasker
05-14-2002, 02:24 PM
The suction cup is intended I think for momentary play, not really to keep Luke just hanging around. One thing I found out though that you can turn it upside and put Luke on it and it will keep it's balance. While it's not accurate, it's still pretty cool cause you can just sit it on a desk. Might try putting tape on the suction cup though in '+' type of way so that you can get a piece of tape going from the suction cup to the thing from each part of the cup.

CooLJoE
05-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Nataku - I'm not sure it was meant for that, but even so that looks kinda lame. Its like hes launching a saber out of his sleeve. And according to the back he's suppose to hold it in his hand using the magnet anyways. Oh well, carded he will stay.

yngadult
05-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Wetting the cup may help it to stick. Ensure it is on a smooth surface as well.
As for the new Vader, I didn't realize he is taller than the others. Too bad his helmet isn't removable otherwise he'd be close to perfect.

NRPeace
05-14-2002, 09:26 PM
I just picked these up today. I really liked the OT metal sabers and the fact that Vader is finally to scale. I realy wasn't impressed by the Mace, but everything else was very nice.