PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett & the Mandalorians

Amanamike
04-05-2002, 12:43 AM
I have a strange question here that I hope someone can help me with.

Ok, IN Episode 2 Jango is from a planet called Kamino?? So why have I been reading all these years that Boba Fett is mandalorian?? Is this somekind of change I missed or is there another angle I havent seen yet??

Battle Droid
04-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Jango was raised by the Mandalorians after his parents were killed and since Boba is Jango's clone, so was he.;)

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
I have a strange question here that I hope someone can help me with.

Ok, IN Episode 2 Jango is from a planet called Kamino?? So why have I been reading all these years that Boba Fett is mandalorian?? Is this somekind of change I missed or is there another angle I havent seen yet??

Jango isn't actually from Kamino. The native species of Kamino is very alien looking. If you need a pic check out the picture archive and look at Taun We.

Anyway the Kaminoins (sp?) simply hired Jango to use him as a template for the clones they were producing because he is an excellent Bounty Hunter and they want those traits to be passed on to the Clone Warriors. Jango himself is human, although I doubt it's revealed what his native planet is, unless it's actually called Mandalor or something.

I would assume from what's been revealed so far that the Mandalorian Commandos were an army that Jango happened to be in.

CrossWizard
04-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Ok, so are the Kaminoans evil and in cahoots with the Separatists/Dooku? cause after all they are cloning Jango to create an army to aid the Separatists right? or am I mising something?

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Ok, so are the Kaminoans evil and in cahoots with the Separatists/Dooku? cause after all they are cloning Jango to create an army to aid the Separatists right? or am I mising something?

Possibly, I admit I've been trying to avoid some of the spoilers on this issue so I'm not positive. I'm sure somebody has the answer though.

Lord Tenebrous
04-05-2002, 12:41 PM
The Kaminoans are making clones on the order of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. Who doesn't exist, it's one of the Sith manipulating the Kaminoans. The Kaminoans just care about manners and money, so they don't even check the information once the financial backing is in place. It's uncertain who establishes Jango Fett as the clone template, but based on the business association between Dooku and Jango, Sidious was most likely the one responsible.

The Separatists, on the other hand, are secretly forming dozens of droid factories across the galaxy....

Jedi Clint
04-05-2002, 12:53 PM
One of what seems like a thousand spy reports I read last night had the Kaminoan Prime Minister say that they were on the Republic's side. They also refer to the clones as "items".

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Hmmm... that's interesting. One thing I've been wondering a lot about is how Palpatine winds up claiming the clones to serve as the Republics Army. When he is given his special powers by the Senate, does he just say "Why I just happen to know some friends who might let us borrow their clones...":D I'm interested to see how that is handled in the movie.

Perhaps the Kaminoans decide to "donate" the Army as a show of support to the Republic, even though they were actually paid under the table by Sidious.

Battle Droid
04-05-2002, 04:02 PM
The clones are already being made for the Republic.

jawaboy
04-05-2002, 04:06 PM
I was under the impression that Palpy reveals to the Senate that he has secretly been producing an army and ships because the Senate is always squabbling and nothing gets done. This apparently helps his cause because the citizens and some Senators recognize that Palpy is a formidable leader who went behind the evil Senators to get the job done. In fact, I believe the Senate even grants Palpy the position of Supreme Chancellor for life because of his excellent leadership skills. If only they really knew...

Lord Tenebrous
04-05-2002, 06:02 PM
Palpatine is smart enough to let others do the majority of the talking, and he plays the meek, humble servant of the people. Obi-Wan has discovered the clones and the circumstances behind them, and Palpatine uses that to his advantage, that a dashing young Jedi Master has discovered a secret army that can be used in the name of the Republic.

Yoda is the one who ultimately goes to obtain the clones (since he is one of the senior members of the Jedi Council), and he arrives on Geonosis in a Gunship.

Jedi Clint
04-05-2002, 06:25 PM
I also read that in return for the burden of being invested with emergency powers Palpatine asks (the senate and all those who are watching these events transpire) that when his term is over, that they allow him to go peacefully about his private life...........absolutely freakin beautiful!!!!!!!!

That is a set up line if I've ever heard one. When it comes time for his term to be over, there won't be anyone capable of returning order to the galaxy other than Palpatine. His new order will be welcomed into existence by the people. They will demand that he remain where he is. The alternative would be utter self destruction between the factions of the once great Republic. He will unify the galaxy. He is absolutely my favorite villan of all time!

die-jarjar-die
05-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Ok advance apologies if this has already been covered in a previous post, if so please feel free to close this sucker down but....

The debate about Boba Fett & his "Mandalorian connections" is something that has provided much heated debate amongst Star Wars fans. For many years arguments have ensued as to his origins, was he a Mandalorian warrior? Is he really called Jaster Mereel? etcetc Youknow the points that have been raised!

My point? Well as much as I've been trying to aviod reading the "Attack of the Clones Illustrated Companion" I had to sneak a peak at the segment on Jango Fett & read this with much interest:

"Jango Fett was orphaned at an early age & taken in by Jaster Mereel and the Mandalorians. Jango trained with the nomadic army, and after they were wiped out by the Jedi, Jango fought on alone - working for the highest bidder and still wearing the armour distinctive to his adopted homeland."

Cool stuff............

Taichi
05-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Cool stuff?, hardly....

it seems more like a poor attempt by the writers of the EU to 'save face' in light of the fact that their 'backstory' is now bunk.....

face facts, the EU is nothing more than Apocrypha, and is not canon.....until it is said/appears onscreen, it is nothing more than wishful thinking.....

Darth Nihilus
05-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Just on the Kaminoans - wasn't there Kaminoan Jedi on the council in Ep1 - That long necked dude sure looked like one.