PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot!!!

CooLJoE
05-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Well, I came home from work tonight and started reading some of the new threads on here. Saw one about Wal-Mart removing figures off of the pegs and suddenly stocking the Bespin line. So I decided to take a trip and see what new stuff ISN'T on the shelf like I always do.

"JACKPOT!!!"....

...Is what I said when I saw the shelves and pegs. Bespin? No. But close enough.

Found 4 HD Anakins, 3 Yodas, 2 Taun We's, and 1 Royal Guard. (Yes, funny it was in those exact numbers)

First I grabbed all of those at once and stacked them up. Deciding Taun We isn't that great and I already have one, I hid the 2 Taun We's (might want em later). Then I decided I only needed an extra HD Ani for me and my friend, same with Yoda. So I hid the 1 Yoda and 2 HD Ani's (same reason as Taun We). Royal Guard was mine though, I didn't have one period. Called my friend, said "Woohoo!" and went to his house.

Now a thought to horde them crossed my mind but I realize that I don't need them, I don't scalp on eBay, but someone I know might need one.

Before you decide I'm being unfair by hiding them, listen to this. I have decided that tomorrow I'm going back and will probably camp the isle for awhile in search of some kids looking at StarWars stuff. At that time I will pull them out and give each kid one of those figures until the figure stash has depleted (cept for the ones I got of course). I figure its the best way to avoid scalpers (unless scalpers are that young) and it helps a kid get a figure his parents would end up buying off ebay or maybe he would just never get one. So thats my special gift to the StarWars fans out there.

BTW, sorry for the long post :), just had to share

dirtybones
05-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Cool move," Cool Joe"

Dryanta
05-11-2002, 10:32 AM
now that is the best revenge on scalpers.way to go!!!

MichaelV103
05-11-2002, 10:41 AM
WAY TO GO! At first I was upset when i read that you hid the figures, especially since i am looking for these figures myself and it would tick me off if someone in my area did that. But after i read your explanation, it brought a smile to my face, to many people are trying to get rich and make a profit thanks to on-line auctions like E-bay and Yahoo! Glad to see you are not one of them and I hope the kids that get the figures appreciate what you did for them.

Cotasnoova
05-11-2002, 11:23 AM
I don't think anyone has ever gotten "rich" by selling Star Wars toys online. LOL

SNAYSON
05-11-2002, 01:07 PM
GUYS,

today riding my Duc (Ducati) sat 5/11/2002 @ 1:05pm, I stopped by TRU and found Star Wars Figures that i was looking for:

Bespin Duel Darth Vader
Final Battle Jango Fett
Count Dooku
Genosian Rescue Mace Windu!

I bought those four!

There were plenty at TRU (rockway NJ)
also spotted for whoever doesn't have them:

yoda
Hanger Duel Anikan

Did not see the royal guard, taun we, or Liminara lubduli
so whoever doesn't have any of those, better go now before those GREEDY scalpers hoard them!!!!!

I want to get more royal guards! One a case?!?!? that really sucks for getting multiplis!!!

what a beautiful day it is today! I'm going riding again!

Masterjedi73
05-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey. The Toys R Us in Watchung NJ had plenty of the Bespin Wave today. I just picked up one vader and one luke....they also had the Final Battle Jango....looked pretty cool, but didn't get it.

There wasn't anyone else around looking at them today either. If you're around there, go check it out!

MikeAndTheBots
05-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
GUYS,

today riding my Duc (Ducati) sat 5/11/2002 @ 1:05pm, I stopped by TRU and found Star Wars Figures that i was looking for:

Bespin Duel Darth Vader
Final Battle Jango Fett
Count Dooku
Genosian Rescue Mace Windu!

I bought those four!

There were plenty at TRU (rockway NJ)
also spotted for whoever doesn't have them:

yoda
Hanger Duel Anikan

Hey, if you're talking about the TRU in Rockaway NJ near the mall, they have a ton of HD Anakin's in the KB in the mall, i went yesterday. I'm checking the TRU in Parsippany today.

Forhekset
05-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Hey Snayson, got any pics of your Ducati? Nice find btw. I found 2 Dookus, Geo. Mace, and FB Jango early this morning.