PDA

View Full Version : Rotj Final Duel Luke

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Just think if they got a Final Jedi Duel Luke from The Emperors Throne room in rotj to look as good as the bespin Luke. Just not another Vader to go with him Just the Luke

Dak Powers
05-11-2002, 12:09 AM
That's a very good idea... With the black outfit on, without the huge cloak

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 01:30 AM
If they shipped a resculpted Removable Helmet Vader with two piece helmet and dual cloth capes along with your new Jedi Luke then I don't see how anyone could complain.

Beast
05-11-2002, 01:37 AM
I concur with Big Barada, they should do just like they did with the Bespin Duel resculpts of Vader and Luke, release them both at the same time. This is a compilation from many of the people here, and what we wanna see as the definative versions of both of these.

Darth Vader: Removable Helmet (Lotsa articulation, silk cape, silk waist cape, 2-piece removable helmet, removable hand, lightsaber w/ removable blade and peg to hang from belt.)

Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight (Lotsa articulation, removable vest, soft cloth cape, 3 interchangable hands (regular, injured, gloved), Endor Poncho, Endor Helmet, sticky rubber flap on shirt (can be attached or hang open), lightsaber w/ removable blade and peg to hang from belt.)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

lobster-man
05-11-2002, 01:53 AM
What if they made a Luke Skywalker Endor Pursuit Figure with a removable helmet and poncho. give him the final duel costume underneath it and kill two birds with one stone? Although I fully understand that those who collect on the card would want a literal Final Duel Luke.:crazed: Besides that.. the Hasbro Basic luke Jedi is wearing his tatooine outfit (vest and cloak) at which point He was not yet a Jedi as He still had to face Vader because only then a Jedi would He be. Aside from the cool knee joints that Bespin Luke has I would also joint his hips similarly and put swivels at his ankles . This could be done quite simply it's just a matter of cost,:greedy: The Bespin Luke is my favorite Skywalker so far... Great concept I hope that You are taken seriously! :)

RooJay
05-11-2002, 04:07 AM
He'd have to have the flap down on the breast with the grey showing. To me, that's the iconic image of Jedi Luke! Hopefully, his head'll be scaled to his body too! The last couple Jedi Luke's have had HUMUNGOUS noggins!

lobster-man
05-11-2002, 04:33 AM
I agree the jedi lukes not only had TOMATO Sized Melon heads, although it somewhat resembled him most of the figures done of luke had this "Oh My God, You're My Sister?!" look of expression on their faces. I don't want a scowl, but a nice expression of Good ol' Jedi Knowledge would be nice! Also the flap is a must , as long as it is in an open position...and please let him be super-posable NOT super-posed!:)

wedgeA
05-11-2002, 05:28 AM
I'm glad that there is support for a new jedi Luke. In the resculpt thread, I posted the question of why Hasbro has not made a new Jedi Luke where we have two Tatooine Lukes after the perfectly acceptable Blast Shield Luke. i think that the closest thing to a solid Jedi Luke was the EU Dark Empire version.

Darth Evil
05-11-2002, 07:16 AM
Oh yes, a new Jedi Luke and a new Vader would be so cool, I want them now. And a soft-goods Emperor Palpatine with a throne and walking stick too.

187-Maul
05-11-2002, 07:22 AM
why not make a big deluxe pack ala cinema scene but witth bigger background and bigger floor and include perfect versions of Luke, Vader and Palpatine in chair with them
price it at let's say 25 bucks and put it in a bis blister box and I'm happy

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-11-2002, 07:24 AM
Im glad everyone agrees with me on this....maybe this should be the fan choice fig....Luke with flap down tons of articulation, saber peg, and some blue force energy to wrap around him would work for some diorama ppl I bet

Mountaineer Jedi
05-11-2002, 08:57 AM
This sounds really cool. I hope we get it someday.:D

Taichi
05-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Everybody knows how much I hate resculpts.......but....

I totally agree with a new Jedi Luke, because the Jedi Luke we currently have, is when he, himself declared himself a Jedi Knight.....

but that happened before Yoda said he must confront Vader, so his true Jedi Knight outfit, was his Final Duel outfit.......

which, to my knowledge has only been done a few times before, and never done correctly.......

The Final Duel Cinema Scene, and the Speeder bike....are the only times I've seen him in that outfit, and both times, they were not sculpted right (Speederbike had a helmet on, and Cinema Scene did not have the open flap), so YES, let's get it!!!

and while I kinda like the new Bespin Luke, I like the old one slightly better, because of the fact that he's not all beat up......

MikeAndTheBots
05-11-2002, 11:39 AM
I would really dig a new ROTJ luke. I mean the old POTF2 one just doesn't cut it anymore. I would also love to have some more articulation so he isn't stuck hold his lightsaber one way. I want him to be able to hold it two handed, one handed, and two handed over his head. I also want a detailed hilt this time around.
Taichi- He wears two different outfits? Never really noticed.

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Actually he only wears one outfit, but he knows how to accesorize.:) For his encouter with Jabba he wore his basic black jumpsuit (not a Jedi outfit as we all used to believe) with the cloak and a vest; on Endor he had the Rebel helmet and the camoflauge poncho; but underneath it all was always his black jumpsuit which got torn open a little in the duel with Vader.

I agree with everyone here, Luke wasn't a true Jedi until he defeated Vader then spared his life (remember Yoda said "you must confront Vader," he never mentioned killing him). "Jedi Luke" has just become the standard nickname for his ROTJ outfit.

Beast
05-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Are you sure it got torn open BigB? It looks like just the flap that covers where the closures for the tunic are. Similar to how the Imperial Officer uniforms are. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks