PDA

View Full Version : Evil Walmart!!! You have got to read this!!!

JediDan
05-11-2002, 03:00 PM
I stopped at a 24hr Walmart this morning at 6:30 and seen that nothing new was on the pegs. So I figured I'd take a look around and see what they had on the pallets. Low and behold they had 4 cases of the Massiff wave, 4 cases of the Bespin wave and I case with the 2 Dookus in them. So I figured I 'd grab me 2 of each and right when I just seen the Dooku an employee yelled at me to stop. :eek: She told me to get away from the pallet. I asked her if she was going to put them out and she said yes but that I cannot grab any until she puts them on the pegs. So I politely asked her about how long will it be until then, she said whenever I get to it. Whoah, that was HARSH!!!!!

So I sat there next to the pallet for about 10 minutes waiting (hoping) that she would be kind enough to put them out and she finally did (I can tell she wanted to get rid of me) We're there at the pegs and she is taking them out and she told me that I cannot grab a thing until she has them on the peg!!! OK thats fine, then she had the nerve to tell me that they're are not supposed to stock Star Wars toys when customers are around. WHA???? I could not believe what I was hearing. It's like I was the enemy or something. THEN she even said that by me looking through the cases that she would be fired. COME ON!!

OK, well what ended up happening is she did put out 3 cases of the Massiff wave and one of the Dooku wave. So I did get those, :) but then she said that's it, I'm not putting out the Bespin wave. I asked her if I could just grab just ONE Bespin Luke and she said no that she would get fired. I went and asked the manager about if I could get me the Luke and he said nope, if she didn't put it out then you can't grab it. I'll tell you, they really made me out to be the bad guy for wanting to keep my collection up to date. If you're ever just north of Minneapolis, then stay far away from the Cambridge, MN WalMart. UN-FRICKEN-REAL!!!!!

Mit_Othy
05-11-2002, 03:04 PM
That is unbelievable!! I mean isn't it they're job to sell things to people? Sounds like that store has a major problem with SW collectoers or something.

JediDan
05-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Yeah, all I can say is that they must have had a few problems with collectors before, but geez don't think that we're all bad people. About 90% of collectors I run into are good people.

If it wasn't for her I'd have my collection finshed until Palpatine comes out. Now I have to keep on driving around wasting time and gas on trying to find me the Bespin Luke. :rolleyes: :(

joe-da
05-11-2002, 03:33 PM
That's the treatment I received from Wal-Mart on April 23rd at midnight.

After enough begging the manager, an employee put out a "token" amount of SW figures and only the Slave I vehicle.

So much for one-stop shopping....:( :(

2-1B
05-11-2002, 03:41 PM
I was lavished with friendliness by the local midnight madness crew. Once we ran out of certain figures on the pegs, they happily told us to look through the pallet of figures that they didn't have room for.

Sounds like your particular WM really stinks. I would complain over the head of the manager, since his stupidity is mirroed by that employee. The WM chain of stores is not supposed to work that way.
Be sure to ask them where the :) on every aisle went!

dirtybones
05-11-2002, 03:55 PM
JediDan, Being in White Bear Lake, I know what your talking about. I was just at the WM on 35w and Country rd E and had the same thing happen with the same wave of figures but this store went further in it's being *** ****'*, they said that they won't put out the figures until the first ones are out of stock! What is with these stores and their power trip over buying the stuff we want?

JediDan
05-11-2002, 04:01 PM
I thought about complaining to someone higher, but I don't know. Nothing will get accomplished by doing that. I worked at K-Mart my teen years and noticed when customers complain about employees that the management mostly let it go. I'll probably just let it be. I try not to think about it too much, the more I do the sicker I feel. My collection would have been complete if it weren't for their bad attitude. :(

JediDan
05-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by dirtybones
JediDan, Being in White Bear Lake, I know what your talking about. I was just at the WM on 35w and Country rd E and had the same thing happen with the same wave of figures but this store went further in it's being *** ****'*, they said that they won't put out the figures until the first ones are out of stock! What is with these stores and their power trip over buying the stuff we want?

I was just at that store last week and their pegs were full of 4/23 stuff. If they are waiting for them to sell out then we can forget about shopping there, they'll never sell all that. Thanks for the word of notice, next time I'll just keep on driving by County Road E. I haven't found anything worthwhile at that Target there either, so I'll just ignore both of them then.

I did get Vader, Mace, and Final Battle Jango the other day at the Forest Lake Walmart. No Luke's though. Man, he's the one I wanted the most too. Oh well, patience, right. ;)

dirtybones
05-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Oh man you have got to say something to these people about their remarks and behavior towards a customer! I can't wait to get off this forum and go up to that WM to try and find those same figures you tryed to buy, I promise you that I won't deal with an *** of a person who keeps me from getting my TOYS. All in a nice but to the point way, you know. Kill them with kindess and it drives them mad.

dirtybones
05-11-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JediDan

I was just at that store last week and their pegs were full of 4/23 stuff. If they are waiting for them to sell out then we can forget about shopping there, they'll never sell all that. Thanks for the word of notice, next time I'll just keep on driving by County Road E. I haven't found anything worthwhile at that Target there either, so I'll just ignore both of them then.

I did get Vader, Mace, and Final Battle Jango the other day at the Forest Lake Walmart. No Luke's though. Man, he's the one I wanted the most too. Oh well, patience, right. ;)
Forest Lake had the Vader and Jango? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Every time I drive up there, not one new figure on the pegs!!! Humm? might have you pick them up for me sense we might be right next to each other.
:D :D :D

JediDan
05-11-2002, 04:21 PM
What can I do? I talked to the manager and he said if she didn't put it out then I can't grab it. Oh well, Dirtybones no sense in driving way up there. I went back a few hours ago and everything she put out earlier was gone and there was NO sight of the Bespin wave anywhere.

dirtybones
05-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey thanks for the info JediDan, you have given me more then enough on this topic.
HH, and we may meet sometime at one of these stores someday.

jedi_uk73
05-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Sounds like she deserves the sack. There is no way customers should be treated like that.

I say that if it's on the shop floor it's there for the taking. I've had no problems so far.

InsaneJediGirl
05-11-2002, 04:33 PM
JediDan,

Did the Sales Associate(Stocker),give you a reason for not touching the figures on the pallet,like Safety reasons?Other than that..I cant see a reason in barring the figures from you.It isnt like one would steal them!:rolleyes:

QLD
05-11-2002, 04:43 PM
That just sucks.

Dak Powers
05-11-2002, 04:50 PM
A similar story happened to me early this morning... There were three cases on a pallet sitting in front of the SW aisle. They were opened, and there were twelve figures in the top case, a Massiff, Orn, and an Endor Reb among them. Stoked out of my mind, I reach in and grab the three of them. I put them on a pile of Reeks on the shelf and start to fold the boxes closed when a familiar worker there walks around the aisle (***** alert! I remembered her from 4/23.) ANYWAYS, she said "You can't do that" and looks inside. Seeing three of the figures missing, she looked at my selections on the Reeks and puts them back in the case, stating "Unless an associate puts them on the pegs, you can't buy them". She gives me an annoyed leer and walked away. Remembering what she said, I walked around the corner to the bike section to another lady I recognised as the toy dept. manager. I asked her if she would put some up for me, she said nicely "Not a problem." She opened the case and asked "Which ones do you want, hon?" I pointed them out, and she put them up on the pegs, and I took them right back down. She asked if that was all I needed (I didn't see a Qui-Gon, and I didn't want to trouble her) so I said "Yes, thanks so much". The witch lady came back around to see that the case was opened and I had three figures from it. She started to say something when she saw the dept. manager standing there. She gave me this annoyed look and I just smiled and left. Good employees are the greatest thing in the world.

JediDan
05-11-2002, 04:57 PM
The funny thing is she never did give me a solid reason why. Unless if you count her saying that they aren't allowed to stock Star Wars figures when people are around OR that if I opened a case that she would (could) lose her job. :rolleyes:

Yes I agree with you Jedi_uk73. She did say she was going to put them out, so why couldn't a person take what they need and be done with it? I still am trying to make sense of what happened.

Dirtybones.... Sorry to say but I got the last Vader, Mace, and Jango. I was lucky, I almost never find anything at F.Lake Walmart.

JediDan
05-11-2002, 05:05 PM
Dak Powers... Way to go. Glad to hear you got them. Don't worry about Qui-Gon, he's going to be the biggest pegwarmers there ever was.

After what happened to both of us this morning I think it all comes down to the employee and their attitude. Some of them must think they own the store. I suppose it's happening more than we think. I just never realized until now how much some employees really hate us Star Wars collectors.
Next time I see a case on a pallet, I'll quick grab the case and RUN RUN RUN for my life... LOL ;) :D

Cotasnoova
05-11-2002, 05:09 PM
This is not Star Wars, but along the same line. Well, about a month ago I was in line and someone was trying to buy some make-up. The item did not scan up. And so evidently the make-up person was not in, there was no price on the item, and both the cashier and the manager REFUSED to sell her the product. It was like this little .99 cent lip gloss. The customer offered them 3 bucks, and the manager still said no. What a butt-head!

But yes, if I had a business, and someone wanted to buy something and put money in my pocket...hell, I'd go in the back for you and get it.

JediDan
05-11-2002, 05:15 PM
Wow, thats pretty bad. Was that also a Walmart?

NesteaFett
05-11-2002, 06:30 PM
The other night I saw some boxes on the pallets. I asked one of the employees when she might put them out, but she just reached down, cut it open and let me look through them. Didn't have what I wanted, but she was nice. However, my local Wal-Mart lady hates me cuz I took some out of the box before the 23rd and she caught me checking out with them. Oh, well.

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 07:14 PM
I don't think I could ever just stand there while some WM employee grabs items out of my cart or hands. What are they really going to do? Call the police because you want to buy their toys?

Maybe Dar' Argol can help us out since he works at Wal-Mart, get us in contact with the CEO of the entire Wal-Mart Corporation (how hard can it be?). We can put together some kind of petition saying that we are extremely unhappy with the way we are being treated by his/her employees and want to see some changes made. Who knows, it couldn't hurt.

My personal experiences at the Wal-Mart here have all been pretty good; but it just irks me to hear of stuff like this happening. My 4/23 shopping was ideal, since the employees let me go through all the cases before they put them on the pegs (I was the only one there).

Dryanta
05-11-2002, 07:19 PM
I have nothing but co-operation from any Walmart I've been to.They'll go out back and bring cases to me.
But i would still definately sign a petition to the main office.No need of this kind of thing.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Has she ever heard the phrase, "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

Dar' Argol
05-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Maybe Dar' Argol can help us out since he works at Wal-Mart, get us in contact with the CEO of the entire Wal-Mart Corporation (how hard can it be?). We can put together some kind of petition saying that we are extremely unhappy with the way we are being treated by his/her employees and want to see some changes made. Who knows, it couldn't hurt.

Ask and ye shall receive:D. Can't give you the # to the CEO but I can give you his name (Tom Coglin) and a phone # you can call to report such ativity and just to genrally complain:

1-800-WAL-MART or 1-800-925-6278 for those who can't figure out the letters on the phone . . . . . . . . . . . jk:D.

As far as why you cannot just pick up boxes off the pallets, this is THE ONLY reason. If a pallet was not stack properly, and you took a box off of it, and it fell on you injuring you in some way, Wal-Mart is reliable to a point. If it could be proven(i.e. Eye witness, video tape, etc) that you were at fault, you would be stuck with the medical bills, not WM. Also, if everyone who pulled off a pallet got hurt, and WM paid for it, what do you think it would do to the prices at WM? There is a certain amount put aside each year for accidents, but if 10,000 ppl got hurt, WM would have to raise their prices to cover the loss. That would stink!! So it is the customers well being plus being able to give everyone low prices that WM instructs their employees not to allow customers to pull off the pallets. BUT, they also tell you(well, at least in my store) that if a customer wants something off the pallet(unless its date sensitive:rolleyes:) to go ahead and get it for them.

Now unfourtunatly(sp) some ppl are just hateful to collectors b/c of some bad apples. I myself am not a big fan of Hot Wheels collectors b/c of some bad experances when I use to work in toys. No one deserves to be cussed out just b/c there are cases in the back BUT the entire asile was full, just so they can get the Treasure Hunt cars:mad:.

Any other WM questions please ask me. I do not know EVERYTHING about WM, but I know a lot. And I WILL give you a truthful answer. Just LMK.

Vortex
05-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Hey Jedidan, and Dirtybones I'm a Minnesota kid too...from Maplewood and I've had the same problems at the 35E Wal-Mart...and I have a clue as to why they treat the star wars collectors so badly.

I don't know if you guys went to the store on April 23 when the figs 1st came out, but they only let you buy 2 figures that day. I thought was odd, until I realized and over heard a conversation at the small comic shop I frequent on the Eastside of St. Paul, and after talking with a friends brother who got a job there a few months back.

We have a small group of star wars and hot wheels scalpers that live at that store. And the employees have had problems with these individuals. And there's this blond woman in her 40's or late 30's who's had run in with these guys quite often in the morning and I guess, in the past, they've cleaned off all the pegs, and have just been problems. So they initaited that 2 figs things on the 1st day and they are trying to stick it to these guys, but we're the ones getting hurt.

These guys pillage the Maplewood TRU, the 35E Wal-mart, and the No. St. Paul Target, and sometimes make the trip out to the Stillwater Target and Wal-Mart. But that's why there's this hostility towards us at the Wal-Mart on 35E.

You guys need anything or looking for anything? I'm always looking for extra eyes in the metro area. I've got Yoda's and Dooku's up the ying-yang. I grabbed a few from the Stillwater Wal-Mart.

bigbarada
05-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Thanks Dar' Argol!:cool: Hopefully some of these guys having problems will call to complain. I have nothing to complain about as far as the Wal-Mart here in Alamogordo is concerned, except for the fact that they didn't order any Reeks; but thanks to Dryanta I'm squared away on that.:)

therock0603
05-11-2002, 11:26 PM
Yeah...Wal-Mart sucks. I've got a story to tell that happened last night. I went into the electronics around 11:00 and saw some woman looking at cds and then she flicked her wrist real quick and threw a cd into her purse. Very smooth, but not quick enough to avoid my keen eyes. So I watched her a little bit more and then eventually went to tell someone. Well, of course with it being Wal-Mart, there was no one to talk to in the electronics department so I had to look around until finally someone in the toys showed up. So I told her what I saw and she watched the woman for about a minute and then just said "well, I don't know what to do" and went back to work. All I have to say is that whatever gets stolen from them is well deserved (although I'd never be the one to steal). Also I read a story about Wal-Mart one time about an old lady who put money in a newspaper box outside of Wal-Mart and when the door closed, part of her clothing got caught in it and she got stuck. Well...when a Wal-Mart employee came by, she asked for help and the employee just replied that they did not give refunds on newspapers and left her. Eventually someone put the money in the machine to open it and free her. And this isn't a rumor....it's a true story that I saw in the newspaper. I have heard so many other stories about Wal-Mart's bad business habits. They can be really horrible. Although there are some employees that are good, the company overall is evil.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2002, 12:00 AM
I've never had a run-in with a W-M employee but I did have one once with a twerp at a Target (South Gate, CA). I went one morning and there were tons of collectors and/or scalpers (this was back when the Nute/Rune wave came out). Once they opened the door everyone took off in a total run. I was the only one who didn't, but I finally started off when I was in sight of the aisle and saw everyone else grabbing stuff off the pegs.

This little manager-dweeby guy comes up, puts his hand on my shoulder and threatens to kick me out of the store for running, when everyone else did it too. Then he started grabbing figures out of my hand saying I could only buy two. Not two of each, only two. He finally left the aisle, but as I walked away he was waiting around the corner and kept bugging me as I walked to the cashier.

I don't know what was up with this guy, but he seemed like he had a major Napoleon complex being a shorty and having to work security at a crummy store like that one. Everytime I went to that store after that and I would see him, I just felt like giving him a flying body slam. Man, the power trip with that guy would be enough to provide electricity for LA for a whole year!

Tenric
05-12-2002, 12:02 AM
The lady doesn't represent the company. She was just an
employee who was ****ed cuz you were messing with her freight.
She probebly tried to jerk you around a bit.

Maybe it is a store policy not to stock when a customer is there,
but it is definatly not company wide. I work at a walmart.

At that time in the morning I bet it was a 3rd shift worker on the tail end of their shift. Thing about third shift is that:

1. Most of them are wierd/cranky anti social types
2. Crazy.

So when she was working 8 hours overnight then sees you poking around her junk she is naturally going to be an ***.

That's the way it is with most of these types. Believe me.

Dar' Argol
05-12-2002, 12:55 AM
I don't know where she got it in her head that "we do not stock when customers are around" because WE ARE STOCKING ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stock frieght 24/7! Every time you see a WM employee in a asle(if they are doing their job:rolleyes: ) they are STOCKING!!!!! This "not stocking around customers" is not a company thing, heck, its not even a store thing. Its a "cranky old lady mad at the world and you b/c you have something that brings you joy in your life and she never had that because she was born a cranky old PO'ed woman and never loved anything" thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to know a funny thing to do though if you are in a 24hr WM during 3rd shift. Make some noise!! Yeah, I've noticed at many WM that 3rd shift is usually the quietest. So, when I worked overnoght this past Wed, I was as noisy as I could be. Man talk about a lot of strange looks:crazed:. Just don't be too loud and get kicked out, but just be a loud as you usually are during the day :D.

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 01:40 AM
A local Austin, TX radio station, that I listened to while in Ft. Hood, somehow got the code for the intercom-phones that are all over Wal-Mart stores. So, with a hidden microphone broadcasting live on the radio, he went to the cosmetics section of the store, picked up the phone and announced "Attention, Wal-Mart shoppers, Monkey-Chow is now on sale at the pet department." Then he took off and hid out in the lawn and garden section for a few seconds before going to the toy aisle right next to the big Ep1 display (this was in 1999) and picked up another phone announcing, "Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, there is a monkey loose in the store. I repeat there is a monkey loose in the store." Of course by now every Wal-Mart employee in the store is looking for him, so he bolts off to the arts & crafts section with the announcement, "Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, the monkey has been caught and is now being spanked! Thank goodness!" By now he figures he's tested his luck enough and leaves the store. That made for a very entertaining drive to work that morning.:)

So, Dar' Argol, can you get ahold of some of those codes for us?;)

2-1B
05-12-2002, 01:48 AM
Lord Argol, this is an unexpected pleasure. We're honored by your presence.

You may dispense with the pleasantries, Caesar. I'm here to put you back on schedule.

I assure you, Lord Argol, my stockers are working as fast as they can.

Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

I tell you, this store will be stocked with fresh figures as planned.

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.

Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.

Tom Coglin's coming here?

That is correct, Caesar. And he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.

We shall double our efforts.

I hope so, Caesar, for your sake. Tom Coglin is not as forgiving as I am.

dirtybones
05-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Lord Argol, this is an unexpected pleasure. We're honored by your presence.

You may dispense with the pleasantries, Caesar. I'm here to put you back on schedule.

Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

I tell you, this store will be stocked with fresh figures as planned.

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.

Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.

Tom Coglin's coming here?

That is correct, Caesar. And he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.

We shall double our efforts.

I hope so, Caesar, for your sake. Tom Coglin is not as forgiving as I am.
That was GREAT!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

hango fett
05-12-2002, 11:23 AM
i have the same problem as jediDAN has! we have every figure except the bespin wave! what a rip!

JediDan
05-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Wow, sure sounds like quite a few people are having problems with Walmart. Not just because of Walmart but because of their employees. I know most employees are kind and work with the customer, and I know that some employees are going to have bad days, but still they should never treat a customer the way I got treated yesterday. That was unnecessary and very rude. If anyone does decide to start a petition I'll gladly be there to sign it. Most of the time I just let things go and let it be, but today I still feel bitter towards that Walmart. Oh well, gotta think happy thoughts, right??

stevenmh
05-12-2002, 08:24 PM
I don't know why the lady in the original post was so worried about getting fired. She obviously doesn't like her job very much anyway. I would definitely complain to WM Corp. I would also include a link to this thread in the email, showing WM Corp that you've warned fellow collectors away from that particular store. State in your email that if the situation is resolved to your satisfaction, you'll post a follow up thread to let everyone know that WM made you a happy customer, and that you would like to retract your suggestion of boycotting the store. Let them know that if they don't resolve the situation to your satisfaction, you'll be posting a follow up thread to indicate that not only does your local WM not care about customers, but that WM Corp doesn't care either, and that you're extending your boycott recommendation to *all* WM's.

I've found this type of approach to be much more effective that simply complaining. I'm a member of LS1.com, and on the couple occassions when I've had a problem with an order for car parts, the first thing I do is start a neutral thread. I put the facts down in the thread without any conclusion, and state that I'm going to contact the vendor and find out how they want to handle, then follow up in the post to let everyone know how it went. Then when I email the vendor, I include a link to the post. I let them know that 20,000+ members will be reading about my experience, and that they can read about a positive experience or about a negative experience. In all cases, the vendor was very helpful and made sure I was completely happy. In a perfect world, they would do so just out of principle. However, my experience has been that vendors are usually reluctant to do anything they're not obligated to do, and so I give them some incentive to do the right thing. Nothing gets someone's attention quite like negative publicity.

As far as a limit on figures....if an employee tried that with me, I'd just ignore him. If he tried to stop me, I'd tell him that I'm taking these figures up to the cashier, and there's nothing he can do about it except call the cops. I mean, what's he going to do? Physically assault me to remove them from my cart? What could he possibly claim I'm doing wrong? They put stuff on the pegs, and I'm buying it. If there's a limit on SW figures, I want him to show it to me in the most recent advertising flyer.

I can appreciate an attempt to stop scalpers. Screwing honest customers isn't the way to do it.

René_Pronounced_Eh
05-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Maybe we all just got spoiled with the sickening destruction of "kiss every customers a*s even if they are completely wrong" mentality that spread like Ecoli in the 90's eh.

This new policy that all the various stores are guilty of are very non-customer friendly. Not only WM.

Target's are just as bad and have even refused me to restock their shelves even though there were 2, yes *2* figures left on the display.

KMart just smells like a really bad Lifetime movie party with tupperware and candle making accessories.

WM's in my area, wow, what a very lop sided joke. In my area, within the next 50 miles atleast, there are 11 stores, including 5 Super Centre stores. Out of visiting all of them, multiple times, using a lot of gas time and patience, I have yet to get a Dooku or even see any of the new waves come in. Maybe they are out you say? No. Here is how I know that it has been a back-handed situation. The closet WM to me closes at 10:00pm. I was in the store exactly at 10:00 and the manager unlocked the door for me to let me out. When I was leaving, a person was rolling out a pallette that was packed with about 20 cases of SW fig's, with all the various waves visible. Excited, I retured the next morning to find that all the characters from the new waves were already gone.......but I was the first person in the store. Sound fishy? Maybe it my point would be more apparent if you knew the stock boy is friends with an aquantance of mine, and has since bragged that he snags all of the new and/or hard to find fig's when he is stocking them and buys them for himself, never putting them on the shelf, and sells them on eBay for 3-4 times their value. Very sh*tty.

Toys R Us is just a joke altogether. Did you know that they even discontinued all 3D puzzles chain-wide? Horrible.

I'm done ranting now. I'm going to go spark the bong and sleep with my wife.

*PoOOooF*

mrhat
05-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Wal-Marts in Colorado arient that bad, actually whenever i go into the asile, no one is there, so no run ins to speak of. However, today (mothers day) a post in the Colorado Just found post tipped me off about the Bespin Wave at Kohls, one i had never been to actually, before i got too excited, i looked up the # and called over there to see what they had of it, she looked, and all 4 were in stock, so i asked if she could possibly hold them, and she politely said YES! she took my name down, at probobly 1, i finally got there at 2:30 and went to customer service and had the figs brought to me, they were all there! well they accidentaly put a hanger duel anikin instead of a Bespin Luke, which i directly went to exchange in the elusive toy department, luckily they had a couple left, I think that was the best experience i have ever had with toys!

Dar' Argol
05-12-2002, 10:35 PM

Big-B, I will give you all the info you wish. Want to know when the prices are going down? Done! Want to know when the new waves should hit the store? Fine! Want to know why some WM employees are idiots and is this a policy? No Problem! Want to know our phone codes? . . . . . . . . Ok, I have a problem with that. Sorry, I just can't give out that kind of info. It bothers me to the core of my being. Give you info so you can prank a WM? Sorry Big-B, that's just one bit of info I am not willing to give out. You understand where I'm comming from?

Caesar, I laughed my butt off at that!!!!!!

That is too good!!! "Lord Argol":D

René_Pronounced_Eh, unfortuntly this goes on quite a lot. As I posted somewhere else it is grounds for termination if an employee is caught "under-stocking" which is what this guy is doing. Unless he puts it out, goes back and punches out, and then pays for them, he is understocking. And if memory serves me right, any WM that closes at 10pm their registers close then as well. So he could not even purchase them that way. Its a sad, sad thing when employees do this:(.

stevenmh, I like this idea except for one thing. I would be exposed if you sent a link to this thread. With as much info as I have given out in here, I could be in some serious trouble:(. I'm not real sure how well SirSteve would keep the identity of a member confidental when faced with a juggernaught like WM. That is the only problem I see with that suggestion. Just trying to make sutre I can still give you guys the inside info that I can:).

Dak Powers
05-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Now how could they pick you out of thousands of WM employees?

Dar' Argol
05-12-2002, 10:45 PM
If they found out my location, that narrows down the store. I have discussed a couple of times what job I do, that narrows it down even further. And besides, if you ever saw my profile pic, I'm very unique:D. Besides, I'm a nut and there are not th . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .nevermind:rolleyes:.

2-1B
05-13-2002, 12:36 AM
Plus, we know Dar's first name, so that'll help in the pursuit. :D

Lord Argol, I'm glad you liked my ROTJ spoof! ;)

Tenric
05-13-2002, 01:26 PM

Well most walmarts in my area have this button called page... and I'm sure you can put together the rest.

There isn't anything more annoying than some moron getting on the pa and making a fool of themselves though, the only people that thinks it's funny are the people doing it...everyone else (including other customers) think they are stupid. I've kicked people out of my store for doing stuff like that.

Dar' Argol
05-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Plus, we know Dar's first name, so that'll help in the pursuit. :D

Lord Argol, I'm glad you liked my ROTJ spoof! ;)

Caesar, don't make me pop your head off over this computer to keep you quiet!:evil: :D

I like the whole Lord Argol thing, but I don't know why??:confused:

2-1B
05-14-2002, 04:06 PM
It's because you are Emperor Coglin's enforcer, ala Lord Vader. :D

Lord Malakite
05-14-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I like the whole Lord Argol thing, but I don't know why??:confused:

Don't forget your place my young apprentice.

Dar' Argol
05-14-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite

Don't forget your place my young apprentice.

Yes my Master. I know my place in the grand scheme of your plans. I shall not over step my bounds Master.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 05:00 PM
While I have been out of work for a while now I suppose you could say that retail management is my trade. In fact I have worked only in supervisory and management positions since I was 17. I have enough experience to know that treatment from store employees like that which we are hearing about here is completely and utterly unacceptable. If any of my employees had ever done anything of this sort to a customer I would've fired them on the spot. While I have never worked for the Wal-Mart corporation, I can tell you in all certainty that there is no such policy that keeps product out of the hands of the customer. No business operates in this way. These stores are in business to provide us with product in exchange for our money. Plain and simple. I encourage anyone who is faced with this type of situation to immediately demand the contact information for the District Manager (at least). Use that information to make your complaint, but remember not to make it a personal attack on the parties involved. State your case in calm, reasoned terms, and remember to remain polite (this person will be much more willing to listen to you if you are polite and refrain from bad language and hollow threats, though threatening to boycott a store or company is quite acceptable and works to pretty good effect). Be sure to have the names of the employees involved (including any managers you speak to. Remember, this person WANTS to help you and make certain you are happy, so always be willing to work with them and never against them. You will be surprised at how well this course of action works.

JediDan
05-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Well it's been a few days now and I've pretty much cooled off. Still bugs the heck outta me when I think of it though. I would complain but I just want to move on and try to forget about it. My only course of action is I will not be shopping there anymore. Sometimes I wish I was more aggressive like some of you and call Walmart's high up people and make the complaint. I nomally try and let thing slide and just forget about it. Oh well, nobody's perfect. ;)

Vortex
05-14-2002, 06:04 PM
JediDan

I heard through the local rumor mills that the Maplewood TRU did/does have them. A friend of mine picked up his newest set there, and I managed to get all mine from the downtown Target.

Just avoid WM for a while till the movie hits and odds are the problem will leave that store soon. The turn over rate for those places is huge.

Good luck to ya, and heck, just for the sake of it I'll avoid the place too:)

Later

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 07:03 PM
hey JediDan,
there is nothing wrong with being some what mild mannered.
Consider this though to possibly avoid this kind of thing again.
Take the advice given and make a phone call.You seem to me to already have the personality to present the problem in a manner that is un emotional and intelligent.Don't mention any names if you are concerned with some one losing their job.may have been a bad day,I don't know.But just make them aware that it was a really bad example of a Walmart employee to one of the many people that pay their wages
Think about it my friend.

Sith Lord 0498
05-14-2002, 08:44 PM
JediDan--

I understand exactly how you feel. I'm completely the same way. But you should take that advice and call because there's still those of us who are even more mild-mannered about these sorts of things. You'll be scoring one for the team in a manner of speaking.

Plus, I worked at Wal-Mart for about 4 months. I don't think it's just your store. Some of the people I worked with are just as miserable, and they were mostly the managers. Take it to the district level or beyond. It's starting to sound as though this is a more widespread problem.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 08:49 PM
I've found that this kind of thing is a wide spread problem inherent in the retail system. It's the end result of the way retail companies operate. I think it'll only get worse before it gets better.

Vortex
05-14-2002, 10:25 PM
yea, its just like calling a customer support line and NOT getting a live human voice, and trying to figure out the right combination of numbers to actually get a human voice after listening to musak for 30 mins...since the call is SO important to the company and they are looking for ways to improve. The customers are not as valued as once thought it seems.

RooJay
05-14-2002, 10:52 PM
I also don't think companies spend their money in the right ways. They really don't pay their employees enough to live on much less to care about customers. Instead, all of these companies' profits are spent expanding their operations until they practically collapse. I've seen it happen with company after company. In fact, I've also spent a fair amount of time in the theater business, and one of the things I learned from my time there is that our population doesn't currently support the number of screens that exist in this country. It's getting harder for films to draw full audiences for very long after their first weekend due primarily to the fact that the major theater chains have spread (and keep spreading) themselves too thin. Companies loose money in these instances, and when companies loose money one of the first things they do to make up for it is to cut payroll. Now there are fewer employees with less training (and MUCH greater turnaround for these employees) who are expected to more and more work for what eventually, after a location's staff has been turned over a few times, ends up as less pay. Ideally these companies would like to have their locations staffed with more mature employees, with a stronger ethic, and a more stable lifestyle. What ends up happening is exactly the opposite since most of these types of businesses start their employees off at minimum wage, or very close too it. For the most part, this kind of pay tends to attract more students and younger workers who either don't have the time or desire to really commit to their jobs, or who simply don't care. A lot of times when these companies can lure older, more mature employees (the ones they NEED to fill shifts during school hours and the like) the people they end up hiring are those who either don't really need the job but take it to keep themselves occupied, or those who really need to be making much more money and feel very underappreciated at that pay scale. Until corporations start taking this into account the situation will only get worse. Things will only get better when these companies start looking past their end of the year stock report, and start looking at how these practices will affect their profits five, ten, and twenty years down the road. Sometimes it takes money to make money. Corporate America seems to be blind to this fact. Or else they just don't care.

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 06:29 AM
Hey Roo Jay,
I agree with everything you've just said.But to place 100% or close to it on the company is not really fair.The employees themselves have a part to play in this.It is their choice to act the way they do.Don't like the money or Benefits go somewhere else.If you can't,be greatful for what you have and be a decent person.There is no excuse for being rude or nasty.If there were money would never be it.

Megs 2
05-15-2002, 08:55 AM
The customer is always right. I would go to the CS desk & ask for the District & General mgr's names & phone #'s. I had this happen before. The person behind the desk would either give me some attitude or they will be surprised, & start to stutter but I will either get the name & #'s or the product that I want to purchase in the 1st place. This can be done in a civilalized manner. It's good to be calm, cool, collective & get your point across. Especially when the employee acts like an ***. Thanks for reading.

snakeplkn
05-15-2002, 11:44 AM
I sometimes spend my summers in central Minnesota. The Wal-Marts in Brainerd and Little Falls were horrible customer service wise, I think it's the whole mentality of the employees. However they did have good stock from time to time, the only Pit Droids I ever saw for retail was in Little Falls. Brainerd Target on the other hand was great, last year I asked for the B-Wing though it wasn't on the shelf, they went into the back and got one for me. Best experience I ever had dealing with buying Star Wars.

Once in awhile I have been in one of the Minneapolis metro Wal-Marts, they never did have anything in stock I didn't have. The most weirdest experience was one time outside of Prior Lake seeing 20 POTF2 Bossks as the entire Star Wars section in 1998.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Vortex
05-15-2002, 12:19 PM
yup that pretty much describes the MN issues. I've had luck in Brainerd myself when I go visit family, but I've never struck it rich there. Managed to find 1 or 2 items I couldn't find in the suburbs of St. Paul.

Most of the scalpers don't travel that far, but I do know 1 or 2 who will dive into Eau Claire WI, or other WI towns to pillage and plunder.

The main problems in the city are the scalpers, and employees that collect figs too...I was part of that problem years back...or have a personal beef with collectors. Most of the time the figs never hit the pegs.

Just to give you some evidence of this, can you believe the Zutton wave is just hitting some local TRU, and going straight to clearance? I seen a kid stocking a week or two back, a new case of Zuttons. Some TRU's never stocked anything new and all you found on the pegs were Ep I figs. To this date I have never seen a BoShek, Teebo, that green Droid, Tc-14, those goofy lookin EU figs from last year. I could go on about the stuff I've never seen hanging on a peg, but I'd put you to sleep. I've had to get some of the elusive figs from comic shops, who buy cases from Diamond, or from the stock boys at Target and TRU.

Heck, I've even been frustrated enough to buy cases from EE, and split the cost with a friend.

It gets really frustrating sometimes, when you get crap from employees, and have trouble finding stuff you know is out.

RooJay
05-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Hey Roo Jay,
I agree with everything you've just said.But to place 100% or close to it on the company is not really fair.The employees themselves have a part to play in this.It is their choice to act the way they do.Don't like the money or Benefits go somewhere else.If you can't,be greatful for what you have and be a decent person.There is no excuse for being rude or nasty.If there were money would never be it.
You misunderstand. I wasn't implying that it was all the fault of the company. I was merely stating what I think is at the root of the problem. There are a lot of good people working these jobs that are nice and enjoying what they are doing. I was one of them. On my last job I worked no fewer than 55 hours a per week, and usually 60 hours or more. Being in management, I never got paid for my overtime; every extra hour I worked over most everyone else's standard 40 hours would bring my hourly pay down even more. There were weeks, typically around Christmas, where I was EXPECTED to work 6 12 hour days a week. There were even instances where I worked so many hours during a week that my pay, when broken down by the hour, was LESS than minimum wage. Anyone working retail knows the kind of stresses and pressure the company often puts on their employees, and managers in particular. I often felt like I was HIGHLY underpaid, and definitely underappreciated! That never stopped me from being a good person and doing my job, assisting customers. I even managed to keep smiling. It ultimately is the choice of a particular employee to do the job they are expected and conduct themselves in the expected manner. I was simply implying that, due to the human resources practices of mostb of these companies, and due to the amount they are willing to pay their employees, it has gotten harder for them to attract and keep the right kind of employees. If the good employees, the hard working employees of these companies feel underappreciated and underpaid then they are far less likely to stay. Which is why I have decided I will never work in retail again. Most companies expect so much, and are willing to give so little. I can't tell you how many times I ahd shown up for work only to hear that there's some new responsibility that's been added to my job description, that I'd be expected to do MORE work when my pay remained the same. It seems to be a constant in the retail biz. Especially for managers.

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Thanks for that RooJay,As a used to be truck driver I can relate.Do you guys know that the average over the road driver spends 41 hours a week waiting without pay?Then we are expected to drive 70 hours in 7 days,sleep 8 hours at a time,Be updated on the 5 or 6 new laws each state we operate in inacts every5 or so monthes.Deal with the public,horrible drivers(some of whom are other truckers)Incredibly bad public image,insurannce companies,brain dead dispatchers,rip off mechanics.Weeks away from home and family.be out three weeks home a day and a half do it again.I owned my own trucks.I made over $250,000 a year gross.The most I ever got to keep was $24,000 and change.If I screw up somebody doesn't not get a figure,they could very well die.But the point to my rambling is I LOVED IT!!!That is my point I guess.love it or leave it.Make room for someone who will do all of it well.ANd go find your calling.It isn't just retail my friend it's everything.:)

Sean the Hutt
05-15-2002, 08:45 PM
down with monopolistic empires, this is what happens when there is no compitition in the world. TRU has started kissing buti when people started getting fired after there company hit the crapper. Sometimes I pay the extra buck or 2 for the figs at kb toys just to keep them in business!

TikiFett
05-15-2002, 09:28 PM
It's just people is all. She's an unhappy, angry person and the next fellow on on the next shift is probably happy as anything and would've told you to help yourself!

I personally would have opened the cases in front of her, taken what I wanted and walked to the cashier.

RooJay
05-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Thanks for that RooJay,As a used to be truck driver I can relate.Do you guys know that the average over the road driver spends 41 hours a week waiting without pay?Then we are expected to drive 70 hours in 7 days,sleep 8 hours at a time,Be updated on the 5 or 6 new laws each state we operate in inacts every5 or so monthes.Deal with the public,horrible drivers(some of whom are other truckers)Incredibly bad public image,insurannce companies,brain dead dispatchers,rip off mechanics.Weeks away from home and family.be out three weeks home a day and a half do it again.I owned my own trucks.I made over $250,000 a year gross.The most I ever got to keep was $24,000 and change.If I screw up somebody doesn't not get a figure,they could very well die.But the point to my rambling is I LOVED IT!!!That is my point I guess.love it or leave it.Make room for someone who will do all of it well.ANd go find your calling.It isn't just retail my friend it's everything.:)
I'm not feelin' ya on this one. While truck driving, and in fact quite a few other professions, are definitely relatable as far as pay, hours, stress, etc., there are quite a few other professions that actually pay you enough to survive on (some even pay enough to support a family on!!!) that demand much less of those employed in them.

JediDan
05-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by TikiFett
It's just people is all. She's an unhappy, angry person and the next fellow on on the next shift is probably happy as anything and would've told you to help yourself!

I personally would have opened the cases in front of her, taken what I wanted and walked to the cashier.

LOL :D Oh THAT really would have made her day. LOL :D :D I should have done it, worst they could do is kick me out.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2002, 10:29 AM
I actually have a positive story about a WM employee. This morning I went to the local supercenter to hunt for the new waves. The dept. mgr. was walking around, so I struck up a conversation with him. I had spoken to him before but he had been curt with me. This time he was really cordial and even helpful. He talked about getting the new waves in and what else was coming out. I even learned *suprise* that he was also a collector and had put figures on lay-a-way on the 23rd.

Then we talked about seeing the movie and some of the spoilers from the figures and other related stuff. Hopefully I've started to cultivate a good relationship with this guy.

I don't know if it's because of the type of person or how you act towards them or a combination of both, but I think it's worth it to at least be amicable (even if on the outside) to these people who help to fill our collections.