PDA

View Full Version : Padme' variation

TK421BB
05-11-2002, 04:31 PM
I think I have a new variation of Padme' mole on the end of her nose...

SithDroid
05-11-2002, 05:49 PM
LOL. Good find.

I have one with a spot of brown on the left side of her head, not the cheek. Is that a variaition? NO, People these are just painting errors.

TK421BB
05-11-2002, 07:58 PM
Its still an error...err...variation...

Beast
05-11-2002, 08:14 PM
No, it's an error. This has been discussed before, a variation is an intentional change to a figure during it's production run. Those figures include ones like Luke: Jedi Knight (who's vest was changed from brown to black), Han: Endor Gear (who's pants were changed from blue to brown), Imperial Scout Trooper (changed from clean to dirty), etc.

Error's are mistakes in the figure manufacturing process and should have no real price on the secondary market. Though there are some people that place a value on a figure that was made or painted wrong, it's still a mistake, not a variation. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TK421BB
05-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Is the brown headed Kit Fisto that I have a variation or an error. I'm still pretty new to all this...

Figurestasher
05-12-2002, 01:02 AM
Some error's are worth a lot in the secondary market. During the EP1 craze my buddy and I bought a couple of Darth Maul jedi battle figures. He got one with a vest that wasn't painted so the vest was black. I laughed because the corner was bent bad and I thought nobody would buy it. He sold it for $400.00 on Yahoo auctions. No kidding.

I'm not sure what the brown headed Kit Fisto is. I've seen a few of them at the stores though. I got the same dilema with my two Snaggletooth figs. The heads are totally painted different.

Terra_Ryzing
05-13-2002, 03:40 PM
i have seen the kit fisto variations but there doesnt seem to be a rarety to either one. i have found both equally at the stores i go to.

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
Some error's are worth a lot in the secondary market. During the EP1 craze my buddy and I bought a couple of Darth Maul jedi battle figures. He got one with a vest that wasn't painted so the vest was black. I laughed because the corner was bent bad and I thought nobody would buy it. He sold it for $400.00 on Yahoo auctions. No kidding.

Well you can always find someone gullible enough to buy a worthless figure by convincing them it's rare. Heck, everyones seen Dookus and Yodas selling for $150. That doesn't mean they are worth that. They're starting to show up most places now, and the people who paid that much are (hopefully) feeling like the morons they are.:)

But the point is errors are only valuable if you can find a buyer who is lazy enough not to check up on these things.

DarthMushy
05-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Anyone seen the shirtless Padme variation? Me neither, but I'm hoping.

Geez... I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

browndroid
05-13-2002, 04:10 PM
erm uh no......i havent seen that....anyways, its amazing what people will pay for a figure thats screwed up

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 04:14 PM
It's the 2-eyed nose-moled non-flying non-purple droid-shooter!

or...

Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

:happy:

Figurestasher
05-14-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Well you can always find someone gullible enough to buy a worthless figure by convincing them it's rare. Heck, everyones seen Dookus and Yodas selling for $150. That doesn't mean they are worth that. They're starting to show up most places now, and the people who paid that much are (hopefully) feeling like the morons they are.:)

But the point is errors are only valuable if you can find a buyer who is lazy enough not to check up on these things.

I'm not talking about yodas and dookus. I'm talking about a black vested Darth Maul. Things are worth what people pay for them. You don't have to convince anyone a black vested Darth maul is rare. If they want it they buy it. If this makes them happy and they get what they want I don't think they are morons. But thats just my opinion and you people can think whatever you want. I ain't mad at ya!