PDA

View Full Version : shirtless maul

derek
09-10-2001, 10:37 PM
theforce.net and rebelscum.com have a photo of the delux shirtles maul that is apparently appearing in the new insider as an advertisement.

SirSteve
09-10-2001, 11:43 PM
I haven't gotten my issue yet so if any of you did, please send a long a scan at high res! (large)

hairless chewie
09-11-2001, 12:22 AM
I've seen it and it looks pretty cool but lets hope it's not a one pose wonder. If it's a deluxe figure what's deluxe about it? A special paint job? I get triple the paint on a Spawn figure at half the price. :confused: We'll see

GNT
09-11-2001, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
If it's a deluxe figure what's deluxe about it?

He comes with a weird probe Droid :eek: Cool idea but not worth the Plasctic his made from!

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-11-2001, 11:17 AM
If he has ball joints and lots of other articulation I might be satisfied. Definitely the least impressive of the first wave, surprisingly. I thought it would be Leia, until I saw pictures. Dang, I didn't think they could improve on the first one, but I'm proven wrong!

evenflow
09-11-2001, 03:05 PM
I thought this would be the weakest of the Deluxe line. Not really a Deluxe figure in my opinion, much like the Leia. I still want to check it out though.

Jargo
09-11-2001, 04:22 PM
Beats having a maul resculpt with those drab black duds on him. If they were so rapt that they felt the need to do a maul resculpt I'm glad they did something different with him that doesn't look as bad as Darth mollusc Sith apprentice. Now that was a bad figure.... ;) plus he comes with a big bad droid. What could be a better pack-inthan a big bad droid with little arms like the probe droid? I want this more than Amanamanamanamanamanaman.

GNT
09-12-2001, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
What could be a better pack-in than a big bad droid with little arms like the probe droid?

$5 notes as pack ins :)

hairless chewie
09-12-2001, 05:11 AM
Clone Troopers as pack ins!!

Starfig873
09-12-2001, 07:01 AM
Firecrackers as pack-ins! Yes, kids can now have fun with Star Wars until they get tired of them! "Whats the matter Billy?"
"Chewbacca sucks!" "Well try Hasbros new official Star Wars firecracker!"

"yay!"

the commercial fades out as Chewie is seen strapped to the firecracker...and BAAAAM!

evenflow
09-12-2001, 08:59 AM
I agree that it is better than a regular Maul resculpt, but I think there were better choices for Deluxe figures.

xboywonder
09-12-2001, 01:41 PM
I think the best pack-in would be a $5 bill plus maybe a couple of quarters. That way we would actually be paying the right amount for the amount of toy we actually get. Don't get me wrong - I love Star Wars - But you have to admit with all the better figures other companies are doing... the only thing these have going for them is that they are Star Wars.

But hey Shirtless Maul - I'm there !! I've got to have someone for my slave leia to swoon over when on the beach...

Jargo
09-12-2001, 02:22 PM
i'm still reeling from yesterday or I'd come back with a witty retort. Maybe this is starting to turn into a kind of barbie world with all the semi clad figures coming out. I was just speaking as someone who prefers droids other characters. Maul has funky tattoos which make him distinctive, he comes with a droid. Amanaman has a skeleton and a reissue salacious crumb. Amanaman is essentially no different than his vintage counterpart. Slight differences but essentially the same figure. maul is at least a half decent attempt at a character. Though i agree that there are more eligible characters for the deluxe treatment. They obviously felt the need to keep the episode one flame burning in advance of the DVD. Most of the cool characters from episode one are back in episode two so Lucasfilm aren't going to approve too many of those characters who will be released on episode two cards. Who could they do but Maul who won't appear again?

JediCole
09-12-2001, 05:23 PM
Can Malibu Luke be far behind? Kind of a Star Wars/Corvette Summer cross-over.

AmanaMatt
09-13-2001, 03:26 AM
no offense, Emperor Jargo, but this new Amanaman is hugely different than its vintage counterpart!

I feel the Deluxe Maul is kinda cool and I can see extra articulation than just the standard 6 pts

GNT
09-13-2001, 03:36 AM
Amanaman has a skeleton and a reissue salacious crumb. Amanaman is essentially no different than his vintage counterpart.

Amanaman has ball jointed arms and still looks like a rotten Bananna!

evenflow
09-13-2001, 07:46 AM
I am sorry, but i think that vintage Amanaman was awesome. I think this one looks even better. I think it is great and can't get my hands on it. I think the skeleton is a great addition. :D

yukface27
09-13-2001, 10:50 PM
I think the figure is really sweet. The whole tatooed body is very cool! As everyone else is probably hoping for is the articulation. I want him to be able to do gymnast-esk flips, spins, the whole bit. I'm assuming this figure was taken from the book, "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter." In the opening Maul has a battle against some training droids, shirtless. Even though it was a book, the scene was very cool. Very descriptive and exelarating. Pick it up, it's quite good.

yukface27@hotmail.com

humsup
09-14-2001, 01:18 AM
I'll gladly buy the topless Maul if it's on a regular card n' blister. But an additional redundant droid that I can't relate to in the movies and with it elevates the product to "Deluxe" status, I think that is too much.
Maybe, Flashback Vader can now be re-release as a deluxe fig since he too have a droid :eek:

GNT
09-14-2001, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by humsup
I'll gladly buy the topless Maul if it's on a regular card n' blister. But an additional redundant droid that I can't relate to in the movies and with it elevates the product to "Deluxe" status, I think that is too much.
Maybe, Flashback Vader can now be re-release as a deluxe fig since he too have a droid :eek:

Dont you mean the commtech version of Vader?

Well it seem Maul has more articulation than other Maul figures, but I'll make my choice when I see him whith my eyes!

JediMaster
09-14-2001, 05:10 AM
...comes from a recent Dark Horse Comic, which has him training with that pack-in 'droid, sans shirt, and lookin' waaaaaaayyyyBAD. I don't actually have the comic, but I thumbed through it, and it's impressive... most impressive. Might have to get it before the Maul hits the pegs, just so's I can relive the action of the comic when I get 'im!

humsup
09-14-2001, 11:06 AM
Oh yah GNT!! The commtech one I'm refering to. Guess the day's too heavy to digest sometimes.

JediCole
09-14-2001, 12:22 PM
Amanaman is essentially no different than his vintage counterpart. Slight differences but essentially the same figure.

Like Amanamatt I have to strongly disagree. Such a statement could be made of any of the figures. The Stormtroopers, C-3POs, Chewbaccas, Princess Leias, "Hammerheads" are all ESSENTIALLY the same as they are, like the originals, representative of what we see on film. Where the POTF2 and POTJ lines distinguish themselves is in the level of accuracy they are able to lend to the figures with what techniques are available today. Saying that the Amanaman figure is esentially the same is like saying that the Gonk Droid is esentailly the same as the vintage Power Droid! Usually Jargo and I are in complete agreement, but I have to take some issue with downplaying the dynamic and accurate look of the upcoming new Amanaman.

Jargo
09-14-2001, 06:33 PM
My point was that Amanaman is actually just the same as he was in his last incarnation whereas this Maul is radically different than his last incarnation or any of the ones before that. I don't doubt that Maul is not the deluxe figure as billed in all the articles about him. he seems like a late substition for something far more interesting to fans which got pulled at Lucas' behest because what was really planned in his place was spoiler ridden. A theory only. I like the look of the droid desoite the hokey colour scheme. It should be black and it has a golden metallic finish. Hmmm. I will need to see one on the pegs to make a final decision about it. Does this sound like a U turn? perhaps. I will obviously be purchasing an Amanaman first as I am a fan of the OT before a fan of EP1. But as a customiser, Maul will be most welcome in my figures to mess around with box. Saesee Tiin awaits him......

bigbarada
09-14-2001, 08:50 PM
Probably the least impressive of the Deluxe so far. Why Hasbro chose that tattoo design I'll never know. Sure it's part of the comic book series, but by no means is it canon. It is ugly, that's for sure. I remember being the biggest Darth Maul addict a while back, I bought everything I could get my hands on even that wierd 'rubicks-cube' head. However, this figure combined with the Sith Apprentice have effectively cured me of my Darth Maul fandom. Enough of this loser already!

GNT
09-14-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by humsup
Oh yah GNT!! The commtech one I'm refering to. Guess the day's too heavy to digest sometimes.

I can understand :) What would you ever do without me :D