PDA

View Full Version : Killing Jango is fun!

Hellzer
05-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Sure the Geo Rescue Mace Windu looks lame, but unlike all the other figures, his "slashing lightsaber action" is actually fun to play with IMO. I set up Final Duel Jango Fett on his knees, reared back Mace's swinging arm, and sent Jango's head flying across the room tennis-backhand style quite a few times now. I guess that's how the infamous moment goes down in the movie. Then Mace went totally ballistic, attacking Hanger Duel Anakin and Bespin Luke. I'm sure you know the results.

Speaking of Bespin Luke, as much as I love this figure, his slashing action is worst out of the lot. It's more of a "quickly look to your left" action. The kids will love that one.

2-1B
05-11-2002, 04:45 PM
LOL,
who got to use the bacta tourniquet first - Luke or Anakin? :D

jblodgett
05-11-2002, 04:46 PM
His body seems to be a rehash of the Episode 1 Qui-Gon figure that came with the lightsaber thing you plugged into his back, and then pushed the little button and he'd swing to the left.

I swear it is exactly the same- right down to the little button.

I too like Jango's death feature- but not enough to purchase the, "Owwwwwwwww I stubbed my toe" Mace Windu figure.

Forhekset
05-11-2002, 05:26 PM
We really need to compile a list of quotes for Geonosian Rescue Mace. My personal contribution that I drop on this forum from time to time is "Boy this stone I'm passing really smarts".

At any rate I think the FB Jango figure is cool as hell, just got it today. Though I wish his right lower leg wasn't twisted inwards. He stands ok but would it really kill Hasbro to make a figure with both feet somewhat flat on the ground? Grrrr.

SuperBattleDroid88
05-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Is the magnet on Jango's head tight or is it like HD Anakin's Arm?

Forhekset
05-11-2002, 06:21 PM
It ain't very tight. But then again my HD Anakin has no problems with his arm staying on. It's ok though. Tight enough I suppose. It isn't some sort of supermagnet or anything.

Hellzer
05-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
We really need to compile a list of quotes for Geonosian Rescue Mace. My personal contribution that I drop on this forum from time to time is "Boy this stone I'm passing really smarts".

It looks to me like Mace is pretty sleepy after all that fighting in the arena. He's letting out a big old YAAAAAWN. That or he's the new lead singer of an Aerosmith cover band.

LTBasker
05-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Mace: "Dumb force blindfolds, where the heck is that dumb piniata anyways?!"

Hellzer
05-11-2002, 08:26 PM
2-1B: "Ooh, I'm afraid that back molar is gonna have to come out, Mr. Windu. Have you been flossing?"

Mace: "Zzzzzzzzzzzz....."

AreTwo-DeeTwo
05-11-2002, 08:30 PM
I really want the Jango Final Battle. I too want to see Jango's head fly all over the place when I get a figure to slash him with. Action features really can be fun :)

jobi
05-11-2002, 09:48 PM
What no SPOILER ALERT???

LTBasker
05-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Hellzer
I set up Final Duel Jango Fett on his knees, reared back Mace's swinging arm, and sent Jango's head flying across the room tennis-backhand style quite a few times now.

Welp movie's ruined, I hope you're happy!!!! :rolleyes:

j/k. :happy:

Hellzer
05-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by jobi
What no SPOILER ALERT???

Perhaps you should be saying that to Hasbro instead. At least here you get a spoiler warning at the top of the forum page. The same can't be said for your local toy aisle before you buy the figures.

Vortex
05-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Yea the whole mace head sculpt...wow, what a bad design. To me it looks like a constipated scream.

browndroid
05-11-2002, 11:12 PM
ha! i gotta find one of those

SuperBattleDroid88
05-11-2002, 11:16 PM
yeah!!!! :D

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by jobi
What no SPOILER ALERT???

To quote the sticky post by JediTricks which appears at the top of this forum:

This SAGA toy forum contains SPOILERS!

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 08:36 AM
Y'know though, maybe JediTricks' warning post isn't quite clear. Allow me to translate.

Here's how it would sound if Yoda told you:

"Many SPOILERS, this SAGA forum contains."

"I'm not afraid of spoilers!"

"You will be...YOU WILL BE."

Here's how it would sound in bad Spanish:

"Este forum de SAGA contiene SPOILERS muy grandes."

"Si, grandes."

And here's how it would sound if a Stormtrooper told you:

"Look sir, SPOILERS."

DeadEye
05-12-2002, 09:28 AM
And in Aurubesh it would say something like:

<^^>>>>^ ->^^-<<> SPOILERS ^>><<^>-^'>

Darth Nihilus
05-12-2002, 12:20 PM
Damn, I want to get my FB Jango off lay-by now. That's gotta be funny.

Darth Nihilus
05-13-2002, 02:19 AM
Renowned bounty hunter, Jango Fett, faces off against the powerful Jedi Knight - Mace Windu in a climactic battle on Geonesis. The encounter proves fateful for Jango as he is beheaded by the deadly Jedi. In celebration of his defeat of the feared warrior, Windu brings out his trophy of Jango's noggin annually to use as a prop in a popular game. The Jedi far and wide across the galaxy come together at their Coruscant base to take part in booting Jango's noggin around an empty field. This would come to be known as "Fett-ball".

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 02:27 AM
Hehe, too bad the kicking Obi-Wan became the statue Obi-Wan (Jedi) of POTJ otherwise after Mace knocks it off, Obi could kick it to Kit who could bat it to Dooku who would thwack it to HD Ani who would go "wha!" after it flies by and knocks his arm off with it's tiny gust of wind behind it then they would all scream "Luke!" as he did a quick left torso turn and then got knocked out while his hand gets thrown across the room. :p

Fortunetly though we never got kicking Obi-Wan! :happy: So replace him with Zam "granny-throwing" it with her quick draw to Kit. :crazed:

Tycho
05-13-2002, 02:33 AM
After a very morbid game of "Keep Away," we learn exactly WHY little Boba Fett really hates the Jedi!

Keep growing kid! Soon you'll be able to jump over Ki-Adi Mundi.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 03:14 AM
I can see some mother complaining because she bought her son a Jango Fett: Final Battle figure and his head popped off when she opened the package... :rolleyes:

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 04:22 AM
Ya know with all the reports of the Jango head falling off right away it just makes you appreciate the peg Dagobah Vader's head. :D Not too mention when the magnets lose their power they'll be utterly useless but Dag. Vader will be staying head-strong. :happy:

Forhekset
05-13-2002, 07:57 AM
When the magnets start wearing out it'll be time for a little Superglue action.

Darth Detori
05-13-2002, 09:03 AM
well I have all the other mace's, so I have no problem with this one. I personally think it's pretty cool, actually. I've got the deluxe one for my jedi circle (and then my abundance of battle droids as well) and the Geonisian Rescue to go against Jango.

Tycho
05-13-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm not a scientist, but I don't think magnets CAN lose their power.

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'm not a scientist, but I don't think magnets CAN lose their power.

They can, but most of the ways it happens are not usually encountered in the normal life of a figure, certainly not the way most collectors treat them.

A magnet can lose it's strength by repeated heavy impacts; but basically you would have to take the FB Jango, hold it upside down with the head off and the magnet exposed, and hit it straight on a table 8 or 9 times.

Magnets can also be affected by heat, but you would basically have to cook your figure before you reach a high enough temperature.

The good news is that plain old time won't affect them much, so 10 years from now, the magnets in Zam and Jango should work as well (or as poorly) as they do now.:)