PDA

View Full Version : Hayden Christensen on Jay Leno

SithDroid
05-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Did anyone watch Leno last night? His guest was Hayden Christensen and Jay was talking to him and Leno pulled out the Anakin Hangar Duel figure and he was asking if Hayden liked having an action figure of himself. Then Leno showed him that the arm keeps falling off, and asked if it was supposed to do that and what good was the toy if the arm falls off. It was pretty hilarious because you could tell that Hayden was trying to cover up that Anakin gets his arm sliced off. Anyone else see this? It was pretty obvious and his answer to it was kind of lame.

Battle Droid
05-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah I saw it, the footage from the Chase scene that they showed was AWESOME!

2-1B
05-11-2002, 05:25 PM
I didn't think his answer was lame. He didn't know about the figure's feature, so I could tell he didn't know what he could talk about concerning spoilers.

BanthaPoodoo
05-12-2002, 01:15 AM
What was funny is that Jay said that this figure is pretty useless cause kids all across America will bel having a one armed Anakin cause they will lose that part the keeps falling off.....

figrin bran
05-12-2002, 01:18 AM
i wonder if the actors get any likeness approval for the saga figures since hayden acted surprised that they put all those features on the HD figure?

2-1B
05-12-2002, 01:55 AM
I think they get a look at the head, but the body wouldn't be too relevant. Well, unless we're talking about Padme Arena Battle. :D

bigbarada
05-12-2002, 02:34 AM
I would assume that any actor in a SW film has to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement so they can't talk about any major plot points before the movie is released. Thus it was kind of unfair for Leno to corner Hayden with that Anakin figure. He has no say over how the toys are made. I didn't see the episode but I assume any answer Hayden gave was made up off the top of his head right there on the spot with him being as careful as possible not to actually say "Yeah, I get my arm cut off in Ep2."

derek
05-12-2002, 01:15 PM
it was obvious leno knows nothing of the film. he even called anakin's character "luke".:)

and it was obvious hayden hadn't seen the figure before, as he said he couldn't believe they put "that" (removable arm feature) on the figure.

the funniest thing was when the actors from mad TV were interviewing lucas. the guy started talking like schwarzenegger saying arnold was gonna play anakin in episode 3. hi-larious.

the force.net has this clip available for download. i was really laughing hard at that!.:)

2-1B
05-12-2002, 02:11 PM
derek, you are so right about the Mad TV sketch!
McCallum couldn't even speak because Sasso kept goofing around with those voices. And Alex Borstein (the woman from Mad) commenting on the many uses (:D) of Dooku's curved saber hilt? Classic!

Darth_Growl
05-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Can you guys send me the link? I would love to see that; it sounds funny as heck! :)

Darth Nihilus
05-13-2002, 07:43 PM
It's just a shame Sasso didn't thwack Ricky in the head with the lightsaber.