PDA

View Full Version : For those of you STILL having trouble with the Jedi Starfighter....

Taichi
05-11-2002, 09:11 PM
I just bought mine tonight.....but I had read the reviews the day it came out......

there IS hope!!!

I knew what I was in for when I bought it, and knew I was gonna fight with it every step of the way......

I decided that I wanted it as a display piece rather than a play piece, and was set to dismantle it, to remove all the springs.....

to my surprise, and ultimate chagrin, Hasbro had other ideas.....

the ship, in addition to being screwed together, is also glued together......

so, finally admitting defeat, I set about screwing it back together......

then a thought hit me.....what if the screws were responsible for keeping the panels from locking in?

so, I put the panels on with the screws out, and lo and behold!

the panels hold tight!!!!!!, that's right THE PANELS HOLD TIGHT!

so, I Started screwing in all the screws, to ascertain where the problem lies......

simply put, the two screws on the front of the ship (Near the front 'launchers') are the culprits......omit them, and your starfighter should hold together fine!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2002, 09:26 PM
Good observation!!! I tried it, and, lo and behold, it works!! Thanks a lot!!

Starfig873
05-11-2002, 09:27 PM
But....mine was fine in the first place...:p

Taichi
05-11-2002, 09:34 PM
Glad I could help one of you guys!!!

I was surprised myself.........

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2002, 09:46 PM
Actually, mine was fine too out of the box. After a couple weeks though, the astromech side wing wouldn't connect all the way. The other side's still fine.

MikeAndTheBots
05-11-2002, 09:48 PM
I haven't gotten one yet but what exactly do you need to fix on it?

Taichi
05-11-2002, 09:59 PM
on some of them, the panels that pop off don't hold on too tight, and wanna fly off all the time.....

the removal of the screws relieves pressure on the front springs, and allows the panels to hold tight......

MikeAndTheBots
05-11-2002, 10:21 PM
thanks.

Jaina Solo
05-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Cool. Will remember this when I finally buy mine. Thanks, guys.

Hellboy
05-21-2002, 07:13 PM
I've opened mine and have no problems but thanks for the info in case it acts up later on.