PDA

View Full Version : Wow. 3 dozen Tesseks at one store...! And not *one* R2-Q5! Stupid case ratios...

Dexter
05-11-2002, 11:46 PM
After returning to OH after being at college in NY since Christmas, my heart skipped a beat when I walked into KBs and immediately say EIGHT pegs loaded with POTJ figures next to the giant AOTC section! I started to tremble with joy when I realized that the figures on the front pegs were Tessek, Lando, Jar Jar Tatooine, and Gungan Soldier.

And then I found out that was ALL there was. In total, there were *36* Tesseks, 1 Gungan Soldier, 7 Jar Jars, and 4 Landos. Zippo R2-Q5s. While disappointed in missing out on my long-awaited R2-Q5, I was also quite stunned by the sheer abundance of Tessek.

What's up with that?!? Is Tessek like the galactic pegwarmer of all-time or something? How many of that thing came in case, and how many of them actually sold? :confused:

::Sigh:: What a waste of a good spot in the line. They shoulda made Romba or Warok instead. Everybody loves Ewoks. :D

fourtwo
05-12-2002, 12:11 AM
i've never seen tessek at retail. ever.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2002, 12:22 AM
It's not that Hasbro short packed that wave of R2s. It's that the R2 is so popular that's the only one that really gets grabbed.

Case in point: that wave came out in Oct of 2001. I didn't find it at all in Utah. I only got it in Dec. when I went to LA for XMas. It didn't show up here until Feb/Mar. Even then the R2s were pretty scarce when the waves sat for a few hours.

BoShek
05-12-2002, 11:55 AM
I wish they would put Tessek on sale. I see him often too.

LTBasker
05-12-2002, 07:26 PM
The whole case was packed 3x R2-Q5, 3x Lando, 3x Tessek, and 3x Jar-Jar, I think they showed up 1 per each in an "extras" pack later on or something along those lines.

They must've had all those Tesseks sitting around for quite awhile with people probably buying the other figures only and then Tessek being put in the back.

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The whole case was packed 3x R2-Q5, 3x Lando, 3x Tessek, and 3x Jar-Jar, I think they showed up 1 per each in an "extras" pack later on or something along those lines.

They must've had all those Tesseks sitting around for quite awhile with people probably buying the other figures only and then Tessek being put in the back.

Yeah, the TRU in my area put out several cases of the Tessek Wave, but oddly I never saw a single R2-Q5 or Lando.

Iscored at KB last week though. I went to pick up the latest LordoftheRings 2-packs and see if they had any Dookus, and I looked at the POTJ figs above the Saga shelf. They had a bunch of good POTJ figures but they were all $6.99 so I didn't consider them until I noticed that they had 5 Boomer Damage Battle Droids.

And for some reason, the battle droids were all marked down to $1.99 even though all the other POTJ figs were normal price. I grabbed all of them so that I could have my battle droid army without having to buy the azz-tastic Saga battle Droids.

I could only afford one of the LORT 2-packs after that but I still walked home happy! :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-13-2002, 10:28 PM
That is an amazing number of Tesseks. He seems to be a cool figure wonder why there are so many. Good luck on finding an R2-Q5. Being an R2 Unit, he is a rare figure, but who knows, maybe TRU will have a bunch of them sitting on a clearance peg for $1.97, just like the Commie Stormies.