PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Figure Theater(or fun pics with figures)

Pages : 1 [2]

mabudonicus
02-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Ahhh, Figfest.... those were good times, eh??
Nice shot, Jargo, but JediElf has to know, what's the Background??
I, too, have lots of shots left over on CD from the US "attempt" at figfest... some backstage, lots of performance shots..... I will release them when the time is right...

Jargo
02-08-2003, 09:52 AM
The background is the world famous Pinkerton ballroom in the beautiful shire of Buckingham. Run by Mrs. Nelly Warburton an octogenarian spinster who's love of all things dance has lead to her becoming the oldest rap act in history and an entry in the Guinness book of world records for her multi-platinum selling rap and drum'n'bass CD's. She runs the Pinkerton with her grandson Tarquin and he was quite surprised when Maul Ratz were booked because of course they're just a mummy's boy toy band and not real musicians. They mime to their numbers but they do dance well as evidenced by the picture. :D The Maul Ratz new CD album is entitled 'gimmic mimmic ' and is bound to sell to those who will buy any old tat.... :rolleyes: :D

Actually the background is a wooden stand for a fruit hammock thing with a bulkhead battery operated lamp placed on top. The backdrop is a piece of red cordouroy fabric over the top of a pice of corrugated card. And the stage is my dining table (IKEA). not very high tech at all. kinda funky though. :happy:

Bring on the STANSE pics!!

Ook
02-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Ha, I see I'm not the only one who reads ToyFare. :)

2-1B
07-05-2003, 02:17 AM
These publicity shots suck (took them on a crappy disposable camera, sorry about that) but what really matters is the musical history about to be made by the parties involved. :)

Due to the incredible success of last year's FigFest, some of the biggest names in music are wanting to play FigFest 2003 and we now have the King of Pop on board!
Michael Jackson WILL be in attendance this year. We advise all concert goers to leave their infants at home due to the balcony dangle threat.

Mike has made a curious selection on lead guitar . . . BucketHead was unavailable so he went with the next best thing -- a very distant evolutionary cousin of Bubbles the Chimp. ;)

mabudonicus
07-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Oh, so you wanna start THIS again, eh???
Nice shots, Caesar, the content makes up for the blurriness... oh, and that's a disposable camera??? Mebbe you should do as the name suggests;)....

Anyways, you all will be pleased to know that the STANSE are regrooving a lot of their classic material... (I recorded "posed for action" just last week)

I PROMISE to do up a new image of some sort, I'm still trying to figure out some tricks with my new apps, so be patient, so fans of the hardest band of rubber men ever witnessed, have no fear, STANSE are BACK!!!!

JediTricks
07-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Jacko & the wookiee? Oh my...

LTBasker
10-04-2003, 04:39 AM
From the multiple personalities who brought you Anakin: Impossible and the Sneak Peeks at the Archival Editions, comes an all new production!

-------Due out in a thread near you this month!-------

Starring the Blue Wonder himself and those who don't know they're mindless

-No clones are to be injured in this production - not that we'd really tell you if they were-

mabudonicus
10-04-2003, 10:28 AM
It's like he's everywhere, yet nowhere....
Looks like pretty exciting fare :)

Slicker
02-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank you Carl for introducing me to STANSE!! This is one of the few threads that deserves a bump to top. You have to be one of the most creative SOB's that I've ever met.

Just one thing though. Is there any way that you can incorporate Lanny into the band? Maybe like a roadie or something.

El Chuxter
02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Whatever happened to STANSE?

Slicker
02-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Whatever happened to STANSE?Mabs informed me that they're still around and he'll update ASAP.

Tycho
02-16-2006, 04:19 AM
Stanse! Back on tour again? Alright!

:thumbsup:

mabudonicus
02-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Slick- thanks man, glad you liked 'em and now I think it may be time for them to return...
Chux- nothing happened, they just got their flight-plan mixed up on their last tour and spent the last couple years in hibernation trapped in a decaying orbit around a prison planet, but they're fine and comin back better than ever (maybe less prolific than the old days)

Tycho- Yes, yes they are, and they DO have a new roadie, as Slick so astutely guessed.....

Watch this thread for further details, but be warned, the STANSE is BACK

mabudonicus
06-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Oooohhh I better not get banned for double posting :beard:

Aaaanyways- it's not STANSE exactly, but it is an action figure movie- it's roughly 14 minutes long so make sure you have that much time to fully enjoy it- thanks for checking it out no matter what yout think of it :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3253690733376733658

Combining Robots and Ninjas in a co-operative role, Vengeance Tiger!!!

:beard:

BTW we made this 2 years ago, our new stuff is different to say the least

Slicker
06-28-2006, 02:24 PM
I watched it last night and I must say that it is indeed from the mind of on mabudonicus. If you've met him (even for the very short period I did) you'd totally be able to pick this out as his.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm downloading it right now . . . it sounds awesome! I also can't wait for your other stuff, and anything with STANSE should be sweet. :beard:

Kidhuman
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I watched it today and it was funny. I liked it. Now for the commercial.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2006, 11:35 AM
That was pretty cool. :D The voices were awesome; the sets were too. I loved the ninja sounds in the scene transitions.

"Here, I draw you a map." :D

mabudonicus
07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Still not STANSE but a lot closer, a 2 minute music video featuring a few fave characters and a cool song no-one should recognize but everyone should like, presenting Rockin Deuce (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F33-Yup0u8)

Please enjoy :beard:

Tycho
07-31-2006, 05:46 PM
That was awesome! I'm going to sniff a Mouse Droid and watch that again! :crazed:

I was thinking about promoting Darth Mouse in a new hard rock band myself.

I'm tossing some names around:

Mousetallica

hits could include "Until It Snorts," and "The Unknown Sniffling," along with "Sniffing Me" and "Uninhaled, too."

Guns 'N Mouses

"Welcome to the Nostril," and "Used To Love Her But I Had To Sniff Her,"

Pappa Mouse

"Last Re-Snort," and "Stinky Home"

Sniffin' Park

"Sniffing," "Something I Inhaled," "Snort" etc.

White Mouse

"When the Children Sniff," and "Let's All Snort Our Mouse," "Give Me All of Your Stink Tonight," and "Here I Sniffed Again"

I might publish the lyrics here, too. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
07-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Still not STANSE but a lot closer, a 2 minute music video featuring a few fave characters and a cool song no-one should recognize but everyone should like, presenting Rockin Deuce (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F33-Yup0u8)

Please enjoy :beard:

My God. That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It brought a tear to my eyes, and reaffirmed my faith in human nature. Bravo, Carl. Bravo.

mabudonicus
08-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Thanks fellows, I had a lot of fun making it, the inspiration was a long time coming, just the super-static Deuce doing so much hyper exaggerated movement is enough to make for some funny stuff, glad you took the time to check it out, and there'll be more where that came from, tho likely not Scorpions songs :beard:

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Ok, that was damn hilarious. Awesome stuff. BTW, I snagged the tar as you can see.

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2006, 07:57 AM
I think I've watched it about 10 times now. Rockin', Deuce!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Haha, that was AWESOME! The best part, methinks, had to be the cameo by Mabudonicus himself . . . just too damn cool. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Whooaaa! Did I see that right? Was 2-1B doing the moonwalk, ohhh schnaps!

mabudonicus
08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah, he does the moonwalk on Mustafar, LBC, just something that had to be done, birth-of-vader wise... and the head-slide, but that's nearer the middle :beard:
Glad ya liked the cameo, JJL, I was really rocking there too :)

2-1B
08-11-2006, 01:45 AM
I've not watched this yet but the avatars are great teasers and I can't wait to nestle up, hopefully this weekend, and watch it with a bag of popcorn.

I kind of wish we could get a midnight premiere to wait in line but this will have to do. :)

mabudonicus
08-11-2006, 06:46 AM
MAN I have been waiting for ya to weigh in on it, Cae, I was afraid that you thought it was some kind of sacrelige and were just keeping your opinions to yourself , but noiw I know the "deal" I'm excited, please DO post your thoughts ASAP, tho make sure to wash your hands or the keyboard will become popcorn-greasy :beard:

I might do something special for the premiere of STANSE's first video- the guitar was just constructed yesterday (had to build an acoustic one for the performance I am capturing)
Once I get working on a project it only takes a few hours to get perfect or thereabouts, so there should be a new premiere next week hopefully (STILL don't quite have the technology to transfer stuff from MAC to PC without major headaches)

:beard:

2-1B
09-04-2006, 01:55 AM
First, my sincere apologies for taking 3 weeks or so to check out Rockin' Deuce. :(

Second, that is the funniest thing I have seen on SSG and believe me, SSG knows how to bring the funny so this is in a league all by itself. lol lol lol

I'm considering a visual tribute to your project, :mabs:, let me think a few things over as I have seeds of ideas forming...nothing major, just a little tribute to the quality of your work. :grin:

mabudonicus
09-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Thanks Caesar, of all the folks I know, I figured you would dig it most, and no apologies needed, you can't rush greatness :beard:

Thanks for the fine compliments, I'm curious about this planned tribute...
And as a production note, the mac I was using is not here at the moment- we finally got a burner ordered from Iowa and once it arrived it was a PC model, dammit, so my buddy took the machine I had and is going to return shortly (a week or two I hope, or maybe another buddy will transport it back next weekend) with a new model, at which point production will resume, the list of projects in the dock is still growing despite the setbacks tho so once it happens it will be ON big time :beard:&

Slicker
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I had to watch Rockin' Deuce yet again and I laughed out loud when "The Must Have" came on the screen.

Best. Video. Ever.

mabudonicus
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
A little preview of the new STANSE ;)
:beard: Iso&baws
when it streets it'll be HOT

TeeEye7
02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
They've gone acoustic? Will this be the softer side of STANSE? :eek:

What's next? Rockin' Deuce sings Andy Williams? :dead:

2-1B
12-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Going somewhere, Balthazar?

Yes, Greedo. As a matter of fact, I was just going to see your King. Tell Herod that I’ve got his money.

It’s too late. You should have paid him when you had the chance. Herod’s put a price on your head, so large that every bounty hunter in the galaxy will be looking for you. I’m lucky I found you first.

Yeah, but this time I got the money.

If you give it to me, I might forget I found you.

I don’t have it with me. Tell Herod…

Herod’s through with you. He has no time for Magi who drop their myrrh at the first sign of a star in the east.

Even I get boarded sometimes. Do you think I had a choice?

You can tell that to Herod. He may only take your camel.

Over my dead body.

2-1B
12-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Clearer shot, please delete the earlier image and merge this post with it:

2-1B
12-24-2009, 10:27 AM
"...a Merry Deucemas to all, and to all, a Deuce Night (Sirs)!"

El Chuxter
12-24-2009, 11:35 AM
"Take care, Savior."

(Okay, it's not original. So sue me.)

TeeEye7