PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Figure Theater(or fun pics with figures)

Pages : [1] 2

mabudonicus
05-12-2002, 12:02 PM
When I got the Clonetrooper, that stupid useless rock he came with really bugged me. The pose is already kinda crazy, but if you try to use the rock he looks like a guy from spinal tap. Then it hit me....... all of these crazy new poses.......how do you make them look appropriate....heavy metal......
THE POWER OF THE STANSE!!! POTS!!!! Forget saga, the real deal is STANSE!!!! I've got a series of this stuff cooked up, and I'll be posting it on my site as soon as it's up. I'll post a link when that happens. Questions/comments? PM me, or post them here.
PS sorry to Jp, Caesar and freemore- it just didn't fit in the saga section.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

QLD
05-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Maybe I am stupid, but what does stanse mean?

mabudonicus
05-12-2002, 12:38 PM
You know, like "stance" only spelled wrong (like def leppard- it's what bands did back in the 80s)

QLD
05-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Ok. I gotcha. I wasn't in 80's mode. Nice stuff. I have so many figure ideas, but no digital camera to support them.

187-Maul
05-12-2002, 01:02 PM
those poses look hilarious
why didn't hasbro release them seperate in a rock 'n roll/metal line?:D

2-1B
05-12-2002, 01:32 PM
Wonderful !
I really like the clonetrooper (I see he's a Leafs fan ;) ) - anyway I love how he has the Nigel Tufnel (from Spinal Tap) hip thrust going into the body of the guitar!

And Jang O'Fett ? Nice point to the crowd, buddy!

Is Boba standing in front of a wind machine? :D

Can't wait to see more . . .

JEDIpartner
05-13-2002, 08:23 AM
Those rock from A to Z, buddy! I can tell why we get on so well. You just aren't right in the head... at all!!! :crazed: :D

mabudonicus
05-13-2002, 09:38 AM
In the late 70s they were sort of punk band, made up of wintage figures. Their first album became sort of a symbol for the band, and started their trend of wearing those capes-

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2002, 10:06 AM
So, who would win in a battle of the bands? Stanse or Wyld Stallyns? :D

2-1B
05-13-2002, 11:48 AM
The Stiffs :D

Vinyl records, vinyl capes :p

mabudonicus
05-17-2002, 09:30 PM
I just want to note- not a single character in the new film EVER plays an extended heavy metal guitar solo. That's no help to STANSE, as the first "single" off of the new album is burning up the charts. "Softer in the Summer" is the first song to really deal with the "issues" that a 4 inch, super-posed action figure band has to face. As the song says "We get Softer, in the summer, makes it hard to maintain the STANSE"

QLD
05-21-2002, 08:34 PM
I know several of us enjoy making comical or cool pictures of our figures. I thought I would start a thread dedicated to doing just that. Not a contest, but just some great stuff for all to enjoy.

I thought I would start with this one. Hopefully mine will get better as I get used to this camera.

QLD
05-21-2002, 08:51 PM
I thought this would be neat. About the only good use for that crappy Mace figure.

JetsAndHeels
05-21-2002, 10:03 PM
Yes!! I like this one the best, QLD. Mace is a punk for taking out Jango, so this is good revenge for the man. Thanks for that!!

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 10:25 PM
The Jango/Mace one is pretty funny.:D

Dar' Argol
05-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Here's one I just whipped together real quick:

Dar' Argol
05-21-2002, 10:51 PM
And here's the deleted scene that George is going to put back into ANH!!!!

QLD
05-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Those are good Dar' Argol! I like the little lego kid stormtroopers!

mabudonicus
05-22-2002, 05:38 PM
If it doesn't get merged, check out my "power of the STANSE" thread in this forum for at least one more pic in this vein. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the humourous possibilities without crying blasphemy...... WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

QLD
05-22-2002, 05:47 PM
mabudon, your thread is part of what inspired me to create this thread! Please make more! ALso feel free to add those to this one! I think it would be cool if we could constantly add to this, and give us a central place to post cool pics! But your STANSE stuff was hilarious!

Dar' Argol
05-22-2002, 10:09 PM
I merged these 2 b/c they are basically the same. Thanx mabudon. I have more ideas but I have to find the rest of my figures and I'll post more.

QLD
05-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Thanks for merging these Dar'Argol!

mabudonicus
05-23-2002, 06:48 AM
Thanks fellows!! I built a vehicle and got about 40 more shots yesterday, plus my AOTC collection is growing fast, so the STANSE is running wild. I'll post them conservatively, eventually putting up a link to look at them all on my stupid site when it's done.
I'm glad people here like them, as positive comments make me want to do more. Look forward to a shot from the "Kings of Rubber 2002" tour later today. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

mabudonicus
05-23-2002, 02:44 PM
See how many different toys you can see- they're not all SW, but it works..... anyone recognize the vehicle??WOOOOO!!!!
PS if it's too big I'll just go make it smaller, so it'll be up soon regardless. Anyone else got any "funny" ideas? WOOOOOOO!!!

JEDIpartner
05-23-2002, 03:43 PM
Sick and wrong... I LOVE IT!!!

InsaneJediGirl
05-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Sick and wrong... I LOVE IT!!!

LOL

I love how the "tour bus" is the Scooby Doo Series Van.:D

bandontherun
05-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Remember how the Emperor's Guard figure had his finger pointed out? Well I took a photo of his arm out and Vader's arm out and put this caption: "Darth Vader learns never to trust people who say 'Pull my finger.' " No file, sorry.

2-1B
05-24-2002, 01:35 AM
Is that Elan Sleazabaggano I see dealing "deth stix" out of the back of the Mystery Machine ? :D

Keep up the great work everyone!

mabudonicus
05-24-2002, 10:44 AM
POTS!!! Hey Bandotr- great minds think alike. Check this one out!!
Caesar- they like to keep the whole death sticks thing out of the media, but they've been known to experimnent with the dark side.
InsaneJG- The "Mastery Machine" is actually the old fisher price "adventure people" van, customized a la scooby doo by me, mabudon. Glad you liked it, I thought it was pretty nice.
Thanks again for the encouragement everyone!!
WOOOOOOO!!!
Oh, and I got the file size down quite a bit!!

Croaker
05-24-2002, 12:36 PM
Want to see more of the saga of STANSE!

Go Leafs GO!

QLD
05-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Hmmm....the popularity of stanse is off the charts....maybe I can create a copycat band to rival them....MWAH HAHAHAH!

Brave Sir Robin
05-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Have any of you seen........POFToo?

http://pages.map.com/starwars/poftoo/

mabudonicus
05-24-2002, 04:35 PM
See, even the vintage figs are getting into it (they're the die hard fans, in my universe)

haggis
05-24-2002, 10:40 PM
I must learn more about Stanse! Has anyone heard their cover of 'Blister in the Sun' or 'I won't (card)back down?' What are former members doing now? What is their gear of choice? I just can't get enough.

mabudonicus
05-25-2002, 10:59 AM
There'll be a full story on my fansite. I've got the whole "STANSE" universe almost written, and most of the props (still gotta find/make a drum kit...)
Here's a shot of a guy who like to sniff too many action figures.....

QLD
05-25-2002, 12:29 PM
I always knew those darn Nemoidians were "mouse droid" sniffers!

JediTricks
05-25-2002, 03:21 PM
How can they sniff mouse droids when they don't even have noses? ;)

mabudonicus
05-25-2002, 04:27 PM
You know, same way as AMANAMAN is a bounty hunter- the magic of off-screen adventures!! What they don't show won't hurt you!!
Here's an onstage pic.
Oh, and QLD- go ahead, make a mighty rival band- we could start a "battle of the bands" somehow. Sounds like fun- we could have the bands sort of "slag" each other, saying that the other bands are less "real" or "true" somehow. It'd be just like the "heavy" music scene is these days!!

QLD
05-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Attention everyone....

There is a new group of action figures out there.

They are fed up with these action features that are becoming so main stream in the market these days!

They are mad as hell and they are not going to take it anymore!

Here are some pictures from their first social gathering....

Unfortunately, they expect their numbers to grow exponentially.

QLD
05-25-2002, 10:08 PM
more

QLD
05-25-2002, 10:09 PM
They are getting to know one another

QLD
05-25-2002, 10:09 PM
And Hasbro better watch out when they become more organized!

QLD
05-25-2002, 10:10 PM
The time is NOW!

stillakid
05-25-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
more

It must cost an arm and a leg to get into that club.:sur:

QLD
05-26-2002, 03:24 AM
Heh heh! Indeed it does!

Dar' Argol
05-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Psssssstttttt!!!!!!

There's a rumor of a new band goind around. Check out this interview!!!

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Man I'd make some of these if I had a digital camera.

mabudonicus
05-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Sounds like farging war :) !!!!
Seriously- QLD- if you want me to send you some bubbles, email me (my address is in my user profile). Don't feel bad using premade ones (I do) The little "hooks" are pretty hard to get right with a mouse!!
Anyways, I bet none of the other "poser" bands rocks as hard as STANSE. You think you're gonna stretch us out, "PLASTIC MELTDOWN"?!? Take a look at this, and then you guys can go back to warming pegs !!!!!
Are you guys just gonna take this? Just stand there, posed?? Our stance is SUPERIOR!!
And please stop the complaining about how, technically, the three guitarists are the same guy. That's just a media fabrication........if only there was some way to prove it without giving up their "secret" identities...... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Onward to Mastery!! All hail the Kings of Rubber!!!

JediTricks
05-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
You know, same way as AMANAMAN is a bounty hunter- the magic of off-screen adventures!! What they don't show won't hurt you!!Funny, I thought that saying was "what they don't show won't interest you". ;)

QLD, that was funny as hell! Now what about FAPP - Figures Against Pre-Posing?

How in the world did turtles get involved - teenaged or otherwise?

Dar' Argol
05-26-2002, 07:47 PM
A new report has been issued by DA Production studio's. Here it is:

Dar' Argol
05-26-2002, 08:38 PM
BTW, I have edited the name of this thread to reflect the direction it is taking. Plus as an ode to the "Twisted Mego Theater" from Toyfare, which this is starting to feel like:D.

Lman316
05-27-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
BTW, I have edited the name of this thread to reflect the direction it is taking. Plus as an ode to the "Twisted Mego Theater" from Toyfare, which this is starting to feel like:D.

Speaking of Toyfare, has anyone seen the Big Shots from the July issue? There is one with the Emperor and R3 that's just friggin' hilarious :D.

These pictures were really funny, I hope someone posts some more.

And somewhat going along with this, does anyone know the name of the site that posts movies like this? They used Star Wars figures (mostly vintage) and they played out whole movies. There was one with Yoda farting, and uh...well, the Bossk and I think Dengar were married...lovely images, I know :p
But if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd really like to see that site again. I've wanted to try it since I got cable internet - before, I couldn't even watch the stuff because it was so scrambled and slow.

But pics = funny :)

End.

mabudonicus
05-28-2002, 12:00 PM
I've been getting some great reactions to the STANSE business. I'm glad it has made others laugh. I am a big fan of the stuff them guys at Toyfare do, and I guess it was part of my inspiration. I'm getting lots better with Pshop thanks to STANSE (no doubt obvious if you look at them in sequence). I'll post one or two every couple days, just to keep the thirst up.
All's I'll say now is if you like em so far, the stuff I'm cooking up now will be totally awesome. I've got SOOO many accessories from so many lines, and now that the wheels are turning, it is all becoming clear. I'm pretty busy gardening and cheering for the Leafs, so expect some differently "themed" shots next week, as I'm shooting again on Friday, weather permitting.
I'm trying to make a more coherent storyline, which I actually will post in toto on my site ( you can fit a lot of bad jokes in to 10 meg, eh?)
Thanks again for the kind words, they will be repaid with my commitment to making the whole thing happen (and if they keep the nutty poses coming, the future is bright indeed)
Enjoy!!

mabudonicus
05-28-2002, 12:03 PM
Just makin sure I didn't upload a dupe of a previous one. Note the immense equipment. THESE amps go up to 29!!!

QLD
05-29-2002, 12:32 PM
That's one big AMP!

mabudon, I wish I was as detailed as you. I am just too lazy to go outside and make elaborite sets and props like you.

I enjoy doing it, but I just don't have the patience. :)

More to come soon.

Dar' Argol
05-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Well, its Wednesday, the kick off to the "Mountain Dew House Tour". This is a live feed coming from DA Production Studio's:

Dar' Argol
05-29-2002, 02:02 PM
And they have taken the stage:

Dar' Argol
05-29-2002, 02:04 PM
What's this?!?!?

Dar' Argol
05-29-2002, 02:05 PM
Whoa!!

mabudonicus
05-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Good work man!! I guess it's on now!! Right on, now that the Leafs are out, I'll be focussing on STANSE. I'm not sure what to "do" with it all at this point, but after my next shoot, "Plastic LETDOWN" will be OPENING the packages for STANSE on the next tour!!!
Again, nice stuff Dar'Argol- keep it up!! :)

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Lets hope STANSE has more success than the Leafs!!
Hahahahaha!! Go Canes!!

mabudonicus
05-29-2002, 09:47 PM
ARRGHHH!! I actually meant to ask you about he series, but it was too...... absorbing. Congrats to the Canes for a series well played. Indeed, it was really fun to watch. One couldn't even leave the room for much of it. Real Ice Hockey, for sure. Good luck, Whalers!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2002, 09:52 PM
It was a good series, Mabudon. The Leafs are a great team. I just had to kid ya a little bit buddy!!
Looks like Detroit has forced a game 7 in the western conference finals. Honestly I would rather see us play Colorado, but hey at this point either team will be tough to beat.
Sorry Dar Argol, I wont turn this into a hockey thread. Just had to touch on it quickly with Mabudon.
I love all the pics. Keem them coming guys!!

mabudonicus
05-30-2002, 10:37 PM
I shotome pics today and they are SWEET!!!! Here's an "unadulterated" teaser.... mabudon's "hidden" in the pic, if you look close........... WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This next series will rule- notice the Fist on the MM - it's for reeaal!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2002, 10:46 PM
Sweet pic, Mabudon. I looked very hard and was just able to spot you in there!!

mabudonicus
05-31-2002, 01:25 PM
YOU GOT THE STANSE. INTRODUCING THE SOFTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...yeah yeah.....
Here's a pic of the marquee for their "desert planets" tour. They were hoping to expand the market beyond it's rather limited margins.

Croaker
06-01-2002, 10:22 AM
Well 'fish out of water' is slightly better than 'enchantment under the sea'. ;)

And now that the leafs are out of it - Go Detroit.
(I generally like the original 6)

LTBasker
06-01-2002, 10:33 AM
I shotome pics today and they are SWEET!!!! Here's an "unadulterated" teaser.... mabudon's "hidden" in the pic, if you look close........... WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This next series will rule- notice the Fist on the MM - it's for reeaal!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

What the.... The Red Clone Trooper is playing an imaginary flute! I knew all these overly hyped groups didn't really play instruments. :p

mabudonicus
06-01-2002, 01:33 PM
This is the only one of this series I'll post- I've gotta save SOMETHING for my site. In the pic, you'll notice the "mistreatment" of rubber fish, which is unthinkable on the desert planets. On this day, STANSE truly learned what "blasphemy" means, and what some people think of it.
I'll just say here that STANSE had NO IDEA what they were doing, and they apologize to the many desert dwellers who may have been there from the bottom of their tiny rubber hearts.

QLD
06-01-2002, 01:34 PM
where's the picture?

Dar' Argol
06-01-2002, 09:12 PM

Mabudon, could you blow the picture up a bit, I could not find you:D.

I was pretty freaked out b/c I almost thought I was in the pic, couldn't figure it out. I will have to include myself in the "audience" to show you what I mean. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but one of my guys at work violated his parole (yeah, THAT sounds real good!!) and he has been "detained". So I've been picking up the slack.

Stay tuned to DA Production Studios for more PLASTICE MELTDOWN! Comming soon.

AT-AT Man
06-01-2002, 10:09 PM
can't wait these are great. i love them, very funny.

mabudonicus
06-02-2002, 02:28 PM
A special live appearance of the STANSE is going on next week. Here's the promotion!!! (it's actually an invitation I made, but it's relevant and funny IMO)
What ever happened to "plastic meltdown"? Hmmmmmmm...... One pose wonder, maybe :) ? (actually, DA says that they're recording right now, but I'll believe THAT when I see vinyl)

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Hey Mab,
That last pic was awesome man!! Mr T in the Jedi Robes-very nice. I like the pic of the band too. I am still laughing now as I type this....

mabudonicus
06-03-2002, 04:12 PM
I said I was only putting up one of this series, but I gotta give DA time to get it together.
So you like T, eh JF96?? How bout this.... STANSE is just starting to wonder about the crowds "intentions", but they're not familiar with the desert planet language....

scruffziller
06-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Just check out my avatar. Anikin put into percpective/or Dark Helmet in the Spaceballs prequel.

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 04:22 PM
PLASTIC MELTDOWN is BACK!!!!!!! They just got out of the studio with this new chart climbing hit!!!

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 04:29 PM
DATV, or DA Production Studios, even has some backstage shots of the band. Here DJ Area 51 is trying some new music.

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 04:32 PM
Ring Wraith Bob takes time out with Ryan for a snack.

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 04:36 PM
It seems that Ring Wraith Bob does have something better!!

Jason B
06-04-2002, 04:36 PM
wow, someone needs a life. :p
hmmm, maybe it isnt a good idea to tease a Moderator. :p

mabudonicus
06-04-2002, 04:37 PM
So.... there they are!! Is it my imagination, or is the band tight with the decepticons??
Nice work DA- you've inspired me to post a somewhat scaled-down version of the back cover of "Posed for Action".........
I've got a few of the tunes written already. The boys will perform the album IN TOTO, in order, on this tour.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 04:40 PM
Ring Wraith Bob even has time to take some to the band leader, Tetsu. But . . . .

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 04:44 PM
Thanx mabudon! I finnaly got off work early and I took some time and shot these. A little time on my Canon Photoshop and Paint program and viola! PLASTIC METLDOWN is back with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!! LOL. I have more ideas, I'll probably do more tomorrow:D

As far as the Decepticons go, . . . . . . . hmmmm. . . . . .more then meets the eye,hmmm??:rolleyes:

Tycho
06-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Just you wait guys. A new kind of band is forming!

-and you've never heard or seen anything like it!

Get read for Mousy and the Sniffers!

Coming soon!

*Music inspired for the way you live!*

Dar' Argol
06-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Get read for Mousy and the Sniffers!

Coming soon!

Tycho man, you really need help! You know that right? I mean, it was OK with the mouse droid sniffing thing. And then you asked Hasbro about it. . . . . . . . . OK, we'll let that go. But now Mousy and the Sniffers????? Man, three is like outside of mouse sniffing!!! Go outside and sniff the roses. Or if you need something weird to sniff, go sniff the neighbors dog. Just don't let them catch you ok:crazed:

Tycho
06-05-2002, 04:49 AM
You don't believe me, do you?

I've got exclusive pictures of Mousy and the Sniffers plus backstage interviews forthcoming to this thread!

They're a real band and they'll blow Stanse away! Especially if one of them sneezes.

Then you better watch out or The Mouse Droid is going to hit you hard!

Oh no - and wait a sec! Wait just a minute! Here's the lead singer of my new found band now!

It's HIM! It's DARTH MOUSE!

mabudonicus
06-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Oooohhhh, we're SCARED :) !
Nice work Tycho!! Too bad Darth Mouse can't wear no vinyl cape, then you might be able to open Packages for STANSE next time out. Maybe STANSE will come out and see you guys.
Oh, BTW- when you guys "warm-up", do you get soft?? STANSE does. I can't imagine what it smells like when Darth Mouse starts to work up a sweat... takes the "mouse droid scent" to a whole new level, no doubt. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tycho
06-05-2002, 12:50 PM
While it's true that Darth Mouse has difficulty wearing a cape, he doesn't need to resort to that for simply just showmanship.

If you think about it, Darth Mouse is an inspiration to all those would-be performers who never got started because they were embarassed to get up on stage because they had NO NECK!

QLD
06-05-2002, 12:52 PM
MWAHAHAHAHA.......me, being the evil genius that I am.....I have something that will rock the very foundation of the action figure music industry......you just wait.....

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 05:02 PM
OOh, BTW- when you guys "warm-up", do you get soft?? STANSE does. I can't imagine what it smells like when Darth Mouse starts to work up a sweat... takes the "mouse droid scent" to a whole new level, no doubt. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

mabudon, I am really sorry for STANSE! :evil: he he he. . . . . .

Hard plastic never gets soft only Reeses Cups:rolleyes:. You will all experiance PLASTIC MELTDOWN!!! He he heh.

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 06:58 PM
This just in from DATV in responce to "Mousey and the Sniffers".

haggis
06-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Where did you find Dvon Dudley in space armour?
STANSE rules! The fans shall have their say and all will rue the day!
We want more...

mabudonicus
06-06-2002, 02:00 PM
I'm flattered that you used one of your rare posts to praise STANSE. The band was touched, and you will have backstage passes when they do their "steeltown" show :) !
DA- I figured out why "Meltdown" is taking so long to release their next opus.... Those Kegs of MD must be killing them, BUT QUICK!!
I mean, sniffing a figure or two on the weekends is okay, but "Meltdown" can't seem to control themselves!! Please tell them, that weird green stuff will KILL them!!!
Anyways, here's a little bit for those who call STANSE arrogant.
If you rock that hard, how could you not think you were great!!
Tycho- Whaddya mean GIMMICKS?? Those capes are who they ARE, man!!! I suppose that a "purist" like yourself :) would even call the leather hubcaps on the "Mastery Machine" tm a gimmick, too!! The NERVE!!!
Oh, and nobody reading this get the wrong idea, I really do view this as an exercise in ridiculousness- any "flames" or "putdowns" in this thread (my posts anyways, and I imagine everyone else's)are completely spurious. Just a disclaimer.WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
This one'll make you wish that life itself had a whammy bar.....

QLD
06-07-2002, 02:24 AM
The music industry will no longer be the same from this day forward. I shall now unveil the new, hottest thing in the business today! Who can they be?

QLD
06-07-2002, 02:27 AM
Thanks to the backlash against the hard, heavy hitting music of STANSE and Plastic Meltdown......we now have the chart crossing wonder kids......

QLD
06-07-2002, 02:29 AM
YES!!!!!!!!

IT'S THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KIDS AND WOMEN LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE BACK'SYNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they are singing their first #1 single:

Your Love is Enough (To melt my little plastic heart)

QLD
06-07-2002, 02:30 AM
ENCORE!!!!!!!!

THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!!!

THERE HASN'T BEEN ANYONE HOTTER SINCE THE BEATLES!

More to come from these wonder kids!

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 03:32 AM
Oh QLD, that was sick sick sick!!! :D

Girl, you know it's true!
That I can't move without help from you!
If you go... I'll be totally alone!
If I'm not careful, I'll get sliced by my own mic...ro...pho-oh-one!
BABY!!!

2-1B
06-07-2002, 03:56 AM
Back'sync make me lose my mind, up in here! up in here! :crazed:

Mabudon, those guys in Stanse sure are arrogant (with instrumentals like "Paint Variations" who can blame them :confused: ) but in 2 decades after they've replaced and/or buried half of the original members they'll still have one thing going for them - flattering camera work ! ! ! :D

QLD
06-07-2002, 09:36 AM
My biggest issue is trying to get the proper lighting so I can get my camera to focus. I could always go outside, but I heard it's scary out there. :D

These pics didn't turn out well at all, but I am still learning with my camera. The next ones will be better.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2002, 01:30 PM
This is the best thread on SSG I've come across! I'm definitely staying tuned on this one!

You guys are brilliant! These are equal to if not better than Toyfare fig pix although those crack me up quite a bit too!

:D

QLD
06-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Thanks, we are having a blast doing it. Between the 3 of os submitting pics so far, it's been GREAT. Hopefully more people will join the fun.

mabudonicus
06-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Right on!!! QLD, your newest opus is HYSTERICAL!!! If you "get" STANSE, you "get" Back-Synch" even better!!!! Really nice stuff, man... between you, Tycho, Dar'Argol, (and the rest) we've gto a situation on our hands!!!! Keep it up fellows...... Stanse has a KIT as of tomorrow......... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Keep it up, guys, we can do it RIGHT!!!!!

Tycho
06-08-2002, 03:01 AM
A boy band? Geeesh! You guys got nothing on Mousy and The Sniffers!

Are you ready for them?

Say YEAH!

Are we gonna bring them on?

Say YEAH!

Is the show gonna start now?

IT JUST DID!

DARTH MOUSE: At last we will reveal ourselves....

At last we will smell fresh!

SO ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?!!!

SAY YEAH!!!

Then here they are: Mousy and the Sniffers!

Introducing the beautiful and lovely Luminara "UnPackageMe " Undulli on the guitar! The lovely Miss April is known to smell sexy well past any Midnight Madness and then on into the morning (if you know what I mean!)

And we have Snort playing the accordian! We never know just what Snort is going to do! And neither does he! Snort's such the entertainer that he'll make you feel high enough to enjoy the polka solos!

Then we have Stinky on the drums! All fans agree he stinks more than any musician ever seen! Wait until Stinky opens up one on the music scene!

Now give it up for Olfac Tory singing bantha vocals! Olfac has never trimmed her nosehairs since she's been with the band! Now she produces one of the most interesting exhilerating exhalations you've ever had a fresh breath of!

And last, but hardly noticed in that order, is Rubba Core on the keyboards! Rubba Core's got the scent for sound. Once he hears just about anything, he'll digest it right away and you'll just die when he puts his stuff out!

And of course, you know him, you've loved him ever since your first whiff of him....He is : DARTH MOUSE! Yes tonight he's sqeaking out our lead vocals and driving the ladies to grab their handkerchiefs because the smell of love is in the air!

Join us now for tonight's amazing performance of Mousy and the Sniffer's first show in their brand new "Opened Up Fresh Tour!"

Featuring such hits as:

You Give Me the Sniffles
Up Yours
Waiting to Inhale
Missles of Plastic
Sniff Some More of Me
High on You
Hit Me One More Time
Sniff Me With Your Best Snort
Whiff of You
Too Young To Snort It All
Sniff In or Sniff Up You
Duel of the Tastes
Nose For Trouble
I Can't Get It Out
Snort in the Dark
I Can't Explain

and

I Want it That Bad!

Now HERE they are:

MOUSY and The SNIFFERS!

2-1B
06-08-2002, 04:00 AM
"Snort in the Dark" to the tune of Ozzy's "Shot in the Dark" ? :D
"Waiting to Inhale" ? Teriffic!

What's up with Rancor on the keys? Is he trying to eat the organ? :confused: :D

STANSE rules, but I admit to having a softer side that lets in the groove of Back'Sync and Mousy!

Tycho
06-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Yes, Caesar. Darth Mouse was inspired by the greats, and Ozzy Osbourne was a key inhaling talent that had a profound impact on all the young Sniffers. Can you guess which of their other songs was influenced by what other popular artists?

By forming a band with various sexes - and species for that matter - Mousy and the Sniffers takes an interest in playing a wide variety of various styles of hard rock music. Some of it is more organic and original, while some of it is more robotic and synthesized, for some incredible sounds and a unique fresh scent of style that's never been packaged together before.

To answer your other question for the band, Rubba Core has been actually known to eat his instruments during concerts, but that comes typically towards the end of the Sniffers' shows. What you see him doing there is playing with his teeth! Rubba's one of the very few most-talented performers that can hit every note key on his synthesizer without using his hands!

Your questions will now be answered here! Who do you want to see interviewed first?

Luminara? Snort? Stinky? Rubba Core? Olfac Tory?, Darth Mouse?

Let us know. We have one of the top entertainment commentators in show business standing bye with after winning an exclusive bid to be the first to interview the band for their magazine Snorting Stones!

QLD
06-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Nice Tycho, but even Mousy and the Sniffers is no match for the pre-fab, no instrument using, Darren's Dance Groove Studying, BACK'SYNC!

mabudonicus
06-09-2002, 10:12 AM
You guys are doing nice work!! It's great to have parodies of so manydfifferent genres, done so many different ways. Good work fellows!!
STANSE caught a klez worm virus and had to take a couple hair raising days off. The big public appearance went over well, thanks to everyone for helping the band through their embarassing "infection" (good thing I was quick or the STANSE would've been THROUGH!!!)
Stay tuned!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

QLD
06-10-2002, 01:50 PM
This just in:

Reuters - A New York school system has banned all items containing pictures of the band Back'Sync. The folders, notebooks, pens, posters, and lunch boxes are apparantly causing quite a commotion on school campuses.

Eighth grader Natalie Hermock was quoted in an interview with local TV station WGTT as saying the following, "Those guys are sooo money! I can't help but stare at them all day! I don't even want to think about algebra at all. Those guys are so buscuit!"

Apparantly Natalie isn't alone in her feelings that they are "biscuit". Thousands of girls are wearing t-shirts, jackets, hair clips, and even fake tatooes with the likeness of the boy band.

Several other school systems are believed to be putting policy into place to follow suit with the New York school system who instituted the policy last week. School board president Connie Fowler said that, "As much as I myself appreciate their talents, those boyish good looks are just too distracting in the classroom. We had no choice, or we would watch all of our daughters hopes of college slip away. More on this story as it develops.

Jonna
06-10-2002, 01:57 PM
Well, that is how I feel! There really are mucho BISCUIT.

That was sarcasm for those not paying attention.

sith_killer_99
06-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Beware the newest HARD HITTING band...

Vader's Raiders :eek:

soon....

Tycho
06-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Oh I think Rubba Core from The Sniffers would hit you all so hard, you'd feel it!

His performance is something that leaves an impression for a lifetime, however long that is.

Meanwhile, teen-age boys are all totally into the luscious Luminara!

But the curious thing is how the band has caught on with all ages. Medical practicioners at convalescent hospitals across the nation are having difficulty getting their senior citizen residents to trim their nose hair as admiration for the band's oldest member, Olfac Tory, has led them to immitate her 100 year-old sense of style!

Particularly long strands of nose hair, caught in the wheels of handicapped chairs, have led to some rather serious accidents recently.

mabudonicus
06-14-2002, 04:23 PM
We're B-A-A-A-A-CK!!!! That's right. And since they've been anonymous long enough, the roster....
Lead guitar (clonetroop)- P.K. RIPPER
Rhythm guitar- STARSKY
Bass-HUTCH
Drums- S. Wilberforce
Lead Vocals- Kriss Acely
More to come, the Virus barely touched em!!!!

Dar' Argol
06-14-2002, 05:25 PM
I've hit a comic block:( *whack!*

I have not had a single good idea pop into my head for my band. So instead of putting half good photos up, I have chose to step back for a bit. But keep them pics comming! Something will spark a photo:)

PLASTIC MELTDOWN will be back . . . . . . . . . . soon:D

QLD
06-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Sure Dar' Argol! I think they are just scared of Back'Sync!

Dar' Argol
06-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Heck, I'm scard of Back'Sync! :eek:

Never was one who understood the whole boy band craze:crazed:. Maybe I needed to be a girl:rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

2-1B
06-15-2002, 12:35 AM
Kriss Acely ? ? ? :D What's his alter ego's name?

I think the reason T had such a hard time standing is because he just ripped off that Jedi cloak and he threw up a pair of devil horns . . .

EDIT - ouch, I crafted some funky looking horns using different keys but the space limits on the forums jumbled it. :(
That's what the italicized part at the bottom referred to. :(

. . . with such excitement over the return of the Stanse that he was having trouble with his equilibrium. Not to worry, mabudon,
not to worry.

In Caesar's defense, yes the horns look cheesy but you have to give him credit for trying!

SECOND EDIT - okay, I'll try this, but imagine it without periods and with a little extra spacing. I had to do it to keep it from contracting. The m is the two center fingers and the d is the thumb. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess. :rolleyes:
Nope, I took it down, it's not gonna fly.

Anyway, keep it up everyone, if I had a digital camera or the ambition to get pics developed quickly :D I'd be right in the thick of things.
My angle would be to use dinosaur bands from the 70s!

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 03:21 AM
For ascii-art in your posts, read this thread in the HOW DO I section: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421

haggis
06-15-2002, 04:46 PM
This rock/pop fare is all well and good(I myself have felt the power of the STANSE) but there comes a time when you've got to break it down and get your groove on...

THE ANSWER?...straight outta Rhode Island...

THE PAWTUCKET PLAYAS

Who are they?:
Pimp Daddy
MC ACME
Jangalang
& DJ Token

The Joint: ARTICULATION(Breaking the mold)

COMING SOON. WATCH THIS FORUM for more info!

mabudonicus
06-19-2002, 09:33 PM
Oh my, this won't do... gotta bump this up a bit, the STANSE site is going up tomorrow (ideally). I have the first tune IN CONVERSION, which means the whole community (or at least the few who care)can hear the STANSE live, acoustically, for the first time, MAYBE TOMORROW!!!! C'mon guys, let's ROCK!!! (PS- QLD, back sync isn't gonna get those tickets we promised em- the STANSE claims that back sync are "bad for their image"- sorry :))

mabudonicus
06-21-2002, 11:01 AM
I didn't want to post 2x in a row, but the other bands all seem to have melted away....... Happenstanse, the official site of STANSE is up and running, and I just wanted to let the other bands know that STANSE is the first band to have a song up. It's on the BYTES (stupid name, it'll be fixed soon) page of my site, in realaudio and mp3, go on and listen.... NOW you will TRULY know what you're up against!!! (I'd put em up here, but they're WAY too big)
Let's rock!!!!! It's been fun, but the momentum has kinda sagged, so I won't try to bump this thread up again. WOOOOOO!!!

QLD
06-21-2002, 03:13 PM
I have just been too busy to make any new pics. Once I have a little more time, I fully plan to.

Tycho
06-21-2002, 04:09 PM
No one seemed interested in any interviews with band members from Mousy and the Sniffers....

sniff, sniff :cry:

mabudonicus
06-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey Tycho..... what about an interview with "the BIG guy"? I'm actually pretty interested in why he takes "second fiddle" to an, albeit sharply painted, VASTLY inferior representation of a character from the films..... I mean, geez.... is it solely based on smell ( the "try me" packaging took away a lot of "oomph", no doubt)..... Explain, please :)

Tycho
06-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Well, Rubba Core actually did at one point try to eliminate Darth Mouse as competition for him, a long time ago, during a less-than-stellar early career he had with Longneck Luke in a band called Stone Temple Prisoners, prior to his joining the Sniffers. Incidently, Longneck Luke was never seen again, but Rubba Core's voice was said to have improved temendously, almost like it deepened and picked up this unique gargling quality as if new-found talent got stuck in him!

So then, after breaking bones with Stone Temple Prisoners, Rubba tried to have a go at a solo career, but Rubba actually was actually trying to be inconspicuous while scoping out his competition. He was pretending to just be an adoring fan trying to get a little whiff off of Darth Mouse when he got close enough to the star and HE ATE HIM!

It was while in Rubba Core's digestive tract that Darth Mouse heard the most unusual gastro-intestinal sounds and upon his umm, expulsion from Rubba's Core, he was more than envigorating with an entirely stronger 'sensation about him' as well as having been inspired by the audio experience of it all.
This explains The Sniffers' almost Grunge-Rock sound at times. For songs like "Smells Like Ten Mice" "This is my Last Big Snort," "Broken Nose," "Unsniffen," "Vapor," and "Crawling in My Nose" you can clearly get a sense of Rubba Core's influence when co-collaborating with Darth Mouse.

When we come back, we'll set up an interview with Rubba Core as soon as we can get it safely catered!

Meanwhile, besides playing the keyboards with his teeth, Rubba used to play guitar when he was with Stone Temple Prisoners. Often he'll back-up Luminara with the Sniffers' or add a deep rumbling bass to their music!

2-1B
06-21-2002, 11:51 PM
"Don't leave us on your dashboard" :D

"We go down, mercury rise" :D

"It could lead us to a melty demise" :D

"Hoping not to warm the pegs aloohohohohne" :D

Stanse Rules ! :)

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 01:16 AM
Hey Tycho, how come RC is giving "the finger"? ;)

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 01:31 AM
So many people complained about Dexter doing it, but not the Rancor... Bad Rancor!

Tycho
06-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Hey Tycho, how come RC is giving "the finger"? ;)

LOL (ooops)

Well, you know: he gets a little rowdy during the shows sometimes. :happy:

He's one of the most tempermental members of the band and things like bad photo-effects editing for music videos just tick Rubba off to no end.

mabudonicus
06-22-2002, 09:48 AM
Man.... I don't even know where to start. I guess I asked for it....but....I mean, STANSE didn't get no free ride, but after reading that "poignant" story....... *sniff* I'm sorry for D.mouse now!! We already felt sorry for his lack of arms and legs, but WOW!! What a revoltin development that musta been... I mean, according to that story, Mouse started out as ... as a.... well, since JT AND Tycho are watching, well, all's I'll say is that he had pretty "humble beginnings". WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

mylow thehutt
06-23-2002, 10:30 AM
:) I love these threads and since all of them got bured under all these I decided to get one going agine,

Heres a pic of when puppets go bad,and start making puppets out of us.in Yoda takes a stand.

mylow thehutt
06-23-2002, 10:33 AM
then Jango Fett gets jumped in, When Littel guys attack.:)

mylow thehutt
06-23-2002, 10:35 AM
from dreamworks studios comes the most goofyest scary moive,Boba Fett stares in the 6th sences2

mylow thehutt
06-23-2002, 10:38 AM
first of all forgive me for the bllury pics,It's an old camera.

any way for my last one,When a littel boy goes brodway with his mupppet who will come out on top?

ok thats it,hope you enjoyed the show,got some funny pics lets see them.:)

mylow thehutt
06-23-2002, 11:25 AM
any boudy got any pics to share with the world.

hango fett
06-23-2002, 05:35 PM
i wish i did. but no camera. maybe i'll get one some day............................................... ..........................................

saladin
06-23-2002, 05:54 PM
preatty funny, nice job.

Dar' Argol
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Mylow, I'm gonna move this to the Twisted Figure Theater thread in the general area. Fits in more over there. Good pics though.

Rogue II
06-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Now, what if you crossed Star Wars and Field of Dreams?

I used my webcam for this pic so it isn't very good. I'll do it again later after my wife deletes the pics off of our regular digital cam.

JediTricks
06-24-2002, 08:34 PM
"If you build it, he will crush you with the Force"

;)

mabudonicus
06-26-2002, 03:58 PM
JT, that is possibly the single funniest line I've ever seen here, but I can't seem to figure out why... Man!!

JediTricks
06-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Glad you like it. :D It immediately flashed in my mind when I saw Rogue II's post, so I thought it might be at least somewhat funny. ;)

JediTricks
07-02-2002, 01:40 AM
Mabudon asked me to mention what I thought of his Stanse site, so here ya go...

As a starter site, it's not bad,it's fun and gets the point across. Unfortunately for me, it depends on Style Sheets for the text's color, so the text was invisible when I first hit the site since I had style sheets off :eek: :D. The main page background is OK, but the other 2 are a bit too much for my eyes. The images are all large banner size but fit the theme nicely. The song clip is pretty good, entertaining if you know the context. :D The only thing I'd suggest on it would be to make the music parts come up a little, it's a quiet clip to begin with and the instruments are in the background (I played the Real Player one, so that may have something to do with that though).

I think this is a really creative project that anybody who reads this thread will get a kick out of, it's a fun site and I'm sure will only get better over time.

2-1B
07-02-2002, 11:29 AM
This is a general warning to

STANSE
Back'Sync
Mousy and the Sniffers
Rubba Core
Plastic Meltdown

that not one, but TWO new supergroups have formed, ready to blow away all competition in the SSG battle of the bands.

You'll have to be patient and excuse their vanity, as they deal not with digital cameras. :D Coming soon . . .

Hey! Where are the other bands that were promised? Vader's Raiders? Pawtucket Players? :mad:
Hurry up and get them on stage, so they too can be humiliated! :p

JT, I just noticed your ascii link, I'll try that out - thanks. :)

JediTricks
07-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
JT, I just noticed your ascii link, I'll try that out - thanks. :) Hmm, is that a threat promise of things to come Caesar? :D

mabudonicus
07-03-2002, 12:19 PM
JT THANKS!!! The "personal" troubles started about they day after I put the thing up. Ive had a hard time concentrating lately, and can't seem to get my html working right. Only the first page is actually the right way now, and the "clip" was tricky to record- I did a fake 2 track with an TI99 recorder and my stereo, with an acoustic guitar, so it was necessary to have them sound a bit thin so's the "hiss" would be lower. The STANSE is the only true, pure thing left right now that makes me happy,(coming here makes me glad too, but I have to be in a place that makes me emotionally uncomfortable) so you can expect more real soon. ( and if Caesar's getting into it, I MUST resume big time, gotta re-assert our STANSE:) and the band is worried by that rather broad threat....) Keep it up. If I build it, it will ROCK you.:)

Nebulaz
07-03-2002, 04:59 PM
You know, like "stance" only spelled wrong (like def leppard- it's what bands did back in the 80s)

oh, we're all suppose to know that?

Tycho
07-03-2002, 05:15 PM
I didn't know that Milli Vanilli was No Talent spelled incorrectly.

2-1B
07-03-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Nebulaz

oh, we're all suppose to know that?

Ahhhh, no. That's why he bothered to clarify it.

JediTricks
07-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Mabudon, most of my HTML is written by Netscape Composer, but if you need help, feel free to ask. Sounds like a complicated process for recording, I don't even have a $12 mic on my PC right now, so I guess you're way ahead of me. :D Keep up the good work and keep having fun with it!

Rogue II
07-04-2002, 07:32 AM
Speaking of Def Leppard, you could almost create them with Star Wars figures using a few different versions of Luke and a Hangar Duel Anakin as the drummer.

Tycho
07-04-2002, 01:20 PM
LOL! That's cold. But true. Def Leppard was my favorite band growing up as a kid. They've got a new album coming out this year (or it is out already). Radio stations play what they're paid to promote. Older bands can either throw out the money, or rely on their fans for sales (unless they get that one song that just makes a hit out of nowhere).

Anyway, Leppard, especially their older stuff, is easily one of the most listenable-to bands in my CD deck. If I don't have one of their disks in my truck, I have my own compilations that has at least something of theirs on it. I think "Pearl of Euphoria" is the only song that qualifies right now as I have that song on my throbbing cruise mood CD. ;)

What's in that deck?

2 compilation CD's featuring "MisterMister, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Metallica, Tears for Fears, Live, Bush, Offspring, George Michaels, DuranDuran, Def Leppard, Phil Collins, Nine Inch Nails, Great White, Scorpions, Platinum Blonde, Glass Tiger and more."

Then Linkin Park, Stabbing Westward, a full Metallica CD ("Garage Days disk 1"), and of course John Williams "Attack of the Clones."

These help since I drive like I'm podracing.

morecow299
07-05-2002, 10:27 AM
finally a use for constipated jango

Rogue II
07-05-2002, 10:47 AM
2 compilation CD's featuring "MisterMister, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Metallica, Tears for Fears, Live, Bush, Offspring, George Michaels, DuranDuran, Def Leppard, Phil Collins, Nine Inch Nails, Great White, Scorpions, Platinum Blonde, Glass Tiger and more."

Then Linkin Park, Stabbing Westward, a full Metallica CD ("Garage Days disk 1"), and of course John Williams "Attack of the Clones."

These help since I drive like I'm podracing.

Tycho, that has to be the one of the strangest compilation of music I've ever heard. It makes my head hurt to think about Tears for Fears and George Micheals being on the same CD as Metallica, NIN, and Def Leppard.

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by morecow299
finally a use for constipated jango

thing is i still cant get him to stand for the life of me.

Tycho
07-06-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Tycho, that has to be the one of the strangest compilation of music I've ever heard. It makes my head hurt to think about Tears for Fears and George Micheals being on the same CD as Metallica, NIN, and Def Leppard.

They're not all on the same CD as you might think.

I also use transitional tempos to make my CD's. They start soft and slower, change to faster and harder songs, ease off, then come back and rock again, etc. I like to orchestrate it.

I have a err...um a "mood CD"...you know the kind of music you want playing when you have a girl with you ;)

and I have a "man against the world CD," - you know the kind of music you want to listen to when your life goes "Anakin Skywalker" on you?

I'll list the songs or you can private message me if you want the selection order. You'd be surprised how well it sounds.

All these artists have a lot of talent too, IMO, so why not appreciate them all equally as well? You're most likely going to be in different moods when you prefer different kinds of music. A car CD deck only carries so many and I go through a complete "bi-polar syndrome" on my CD's ;)

It really helps if you stay out of my way when I'm driving!

mabudonicus
07-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Back to the point... STANSE have been busy writing and recording
lately, but they recently received a gift, and to give credit where credit is due (AND thanks,EJ!!:))......

Jargo
07-06-2002, 06:34 PM
:happy: ;) Attaboy!

Nebulaz
07-07-2002, 12:38 AM
Wow who'd athought this post would get back on subject after 11 pages worth of people.

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Too cool!

Nice Sig line as well Mabudon... :D

mabudonicus
07-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Just cause they're banned from any real deserts doesn't mean all is lost. Here's a special pic from the recent shoot for the cover of "Softer in the Summer", this summers "hottest" single.
And yes, the cacti are fake, I know.
(honestly, I'm getting better with the set-ups, what do you folks think?)

Tycho
07-12-2002, 06:38 PM
That's great Mabudon! :)

2-1B
07-12-2002, 07:09 PM
Nicely done! :D

Well, I am insanely jealous of anyone with a digital camera. I staged a few shots, took some pics, got them developed, and they look like crap. :(
The closeups are way way way way WAY too blurry, and the longshots are TOO small. I tried enlarging them but it just yields more blurred images.

Oh well, I'll post some shots, maybe later tonight, but I'm not happy about how they turned out. So you'll have to take that into consideration. :D

Jargo
07-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Fiddlesticks and flapdoodle man! Like anyone is going to offer a srious critique anyway. Just slap them piccies up and lets see em. I've seen world class photographers publish pics taken with the lens cap still on and get away with it so you have nothing to fear about show and tell here my friend. :)

LTBasker
07-12-2002, 11:36 PM
For all those who do not like the current Force Flipping gimmick figures... I give you, the first Collection 2 Force Flipper. :happy:

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:39 AM
:D Plo Koon should get his own dance solo!

thanks for the prodding Jargo, here's a band I put together, 6 pics total. And they're REALLY tiny, so bear with me . . . :)

Devastated by the absence of:

a) Alyssa Milano or Rae-Dawn Chong pack-in figure
b) his pants, which Caesar lost circa 1987,

Commando Arnie turns to music for solace.
“I’ll be back, Bennet” . . . just as soon as he finishes laying down some thunderous bass lines!

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:41 AM
Oops – I originally meant to use just one pic of this figure, but this angle gives a better idea as to his lack of pants.

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:42 AM
Rambo may have gone overboard on the ham in the last 2 movies of his trilogy, but when Sly leans into a wall amp to provide proper rhythm, it couldn’t be any more real.

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:44 AM
Animation cells have “jailed” Sly for too darn long! Straight outta Antz, he’s bashing the skinz . . .

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:45 AM
Robert Loggia will stop at nothing to keep Lincoln Hawk from his own son . . . his left gun perennially cocked to arm wrestle for custody, Sly’s right arm always has time to work a whammy bar!

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:46 AM
Question: What happens when the two biggest action stars of the 1980s join forces musically and hit the club circuit?

Answer: Arnie & The Sly Guys ! :D

Tycho
07-13-2002, 02:40 AM
Very creative Caesar!

Very creative! Let's give it up for "Arnie and the Sly-Guys."

Using the Ant was too funny!

Jargo
07-13-2002, 06:48 AM
I just found this vinyl LP in the back of my cupboard and it's this groovy seventies combo. A bit folksy but cool all the same 'NO GIMMICKS' and it's their seminal record - 'Outdated'

tracks are a bit hard to read on the flakey old printed card cover but from what I can make out:

1. Hard as they come
2. unarticulated alien loverboy
3. Driftin' away in an exclusive way
4. Hard to come by in the seventh wave of fall
5. Don't you gun me down with your big weapon
6. Wrong identity, right ugly face
7. Where the plastic warps in summer, that's where we sat down to melt
8. Wistful thinking in a pegwarm bar on mainstreet
9. sculpted by the gods, but the system mashed me up
10. Bye Bye baby, kiss my reinforced ring goodbye

Bonus track on the limited edition:

11. Jawa'na do the dirty in a dirty doers way?

If I had the wherewithall to convert these tracks to wav files I'd post some so you could hear it in it's audacious spleandour too. But sadly I'm going to have to say go find a copy in the second hand record stores. It's been deleted for years now but it's worth getting just for the memories it brings back of childhood.... :)

Tycho
07-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Very funny Jargo. Where can I buy a copy?

I'd like it sent gift-wrapped to:

Andy@Hasbro
c/o Whom it never will concern
Resculptit, Rhode Island, $150-FAO

(Just kidding. I've met Andy and he's a cool guy. That doesn't mean that things couldn't improve more though.)

mabudonicus
07-13-2002, 09:57 AM
Nice stuff, Caesar!!Your shots will be totally awesome when you get em a bit bigger... The concept is GREAT, and I must say I appreciate their "stance"..... LTBasker, my computer hung whilst looking at your pic, but I saw 3/4 of it- Keep it up!! This is the Fun-est thread ever, and there's nary a f@rt joke to be..... oh no, wait. Scratch that.
Anyways, the popularity of STANSE is spreading. I got a pic of this dude the other day:). I enlarged the button so's you could all see just how big this thing really is. I mean, look at how SERIOUS the guy looks.....He just might kill for STANSE, by the look in his eyes:)

mabudonicus
07-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Jargo, your "find" got me digging about in the garage, too. I found a pic of the STANSE in the old days, before superstardom,
in their aforementioned "garage days" (more like yard days, but hey)

mabudonicus
07-13-2002, 11:56 AM
Ever get the feeling, there's too much of you to go around?
There's dozens of you, in every store in town?
So you get to thinkin', what's a figure to do...
When everyone else you know is exactly the same as you?
(chorus) P-e-e-e-e-g WARMER- pegwarmer, sorry you were overproduced!!
Maybe it's your sculpting, likeness ain't too good,
Could be articulation, standin like you're made o' wood,
Might be distribution, hasbro just screwed up,
maybe it's the guy you're based on, maybe he just plain sucks,
(chorus) P-e-e-e-e-e-g WARMER, pegwarmer, your price has been severely reduced.
So listen to us now, cause what we say is true,
Just wait for your resculpt, we'll see what they can do,
Fan club exclusive, maybe european release,
You'll be harder to get that way, but you know you won't be cheap, never be another,
(chorus) P-e-e-e-e-g WARMER.. Pegwarmer, Never gonna happen again!

That's the latest tune. If requested, I'll post the lyrics to "softer in the summer", in case you can't understand my "accent" (tune's on my site, if you haven't heard it yet)

2-1B
07-13-2002, 12:25 PM
You're all crazy! :crazed:

Tehehehehe, vintage stiffs!

I'm wondering, what's sillier?
The fact that I own an Antz figure or the fact that I own an Over the Top figure from 1987?
That figure actually features his own gimmick, there's a dial in his back to turn his right arm for "arm wrestling simulation."
He goes perfectly with that Ace guitar, since his hand fits the whammy bar perfectly.

mabudonicus
07-13-2002, 12:32 PM
That Antz guy is alright, actually, don't take it too hard. I still have mork from ork waiting in the wings. At least you didn't use any Bots Master toys (I have ZZ, boy was that EVER a lousy property)

Jargo
07-13-2002, 01:40 PM
I have a Disney Aladin that's asked me to manage him. I don't think the boy has any talent, a very two dimensional approach to his singing but....... He may be joined by Bucky O'Hare and Judge Dredd if I can secure the performing rights in time for 'FIGFEST 2002' next month. So will STANSE be playing 'FIGFEST' ??? I'm looking forward to the mud and tents and beer and fighting how 'bout you guys? Got your tickets yet?

mabudonicus
07-13-2002, 03:40 PM
Glad I checked here- nobody told us!! People usually treat STANSE like we were made of cheap plastic, so we're usually the last to know. We're probably already booked. ALWAYS the last to know!!
Question, Jargo... what's the venue?? Air conditioning would be preferable, but a good bit of shade and a reliable icebox would do alright. Last week a show was cancelled due to high UV ratings, as last time STANSE ignored the warnings they went from c-9 to c-5 over the course of 2 sets. They took a vow , never again to subject themselves to that kind of de-valuation.....
Oh, my first set of pics is up on my bits page on the site- still gotta work out some bugs- the link at the bottom is trying to get to the right page the wrong way, so don't worry, I know it's messed up, I just have troubles doing it quick (32 meg says so:()

Jargo
07-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Um, the venue? haha, :sur: funny you should mention that, it's in a field in Missouri somewhere. I didn't pick the venue so don't blame me. I gotta travel across a bloody ocean to get there!

They got a big teepee and some duck board staging and a few trestle tables for the beer. And I think 'The Dead Jedi' are headlining. It'll certainly be a blast to see how those guys cope with bright sunlight :D

If it rains Stanse should be ok. Maybe in the teepee it'll get humid enough with all the body sweat from moshin' to 'Salacious B. Crumb and the blues metal crumbhorn band'.

C9-C5? that's gotta hurts! I'll send a fax to the management and see if I can get an icebox added to the rider for STANSE. Would a slushy do instead..........? :(

There's a big crowd expected it bein' the first 'FIGFEST' in twenty five years. A lot of those vintage rockers are gonna be showin' up in their cool vintage speeders. What a hoot to see stickman Vader and his poopy troop posse again. :D I'm especially lookin' forward to the revival of Warok and Warok. Some of their old hits are gonna knock socks off when they take the stage. GRRRRRREAT!

I'm hoping to share the promo material here soon but it's still not in from the printers yet.

HEY! Wonder if there'll be any nekkid shenanigans like there was back in the old days of FIGFEST Who canforget G.I.JOE back in '75 man, he took off in a whole new way!!!!!! :stupid: wicked man...

mabudonicus
07-14-2002, 04:48 PM
Jargo, I dug up a pic of the lineup from figfest 75- were you there?? I was too young but it looks like it was a real blast, kinda like the woodstock movie. All that mud and junk- GREAT!!
The STANSE's management confirmed that the Slushie would do nicely, as long as there's a fresh one whenever the current one melts.
Yeah, the c9-5 was rough. PK Ripper (the ct) lost a few more points this weekend when he got dirty working in his garden- apparently ya can't clean certain dirt off of them:(
Enjoy this blast from the past....

Jargo
07-14-2002, 06:06 PM
No, I didn't make it until '76. But by that time it was becoming a crass parody of what it once was. My parents were real 'figgies' and drove us all their in a Tonka truck. Oh man, the adventures we had along the way after we picked up a hitch hiking Palitoy Action man. He had gripping hands and would steal stuff and use those hands for all kinds of stunts. Most of them illegal. He claimed the six action figures he gunned down on the way were German soldiers out to take over the world and the price they paid for being bad was being dead. He stole a spacehopper and bounced off into the night though and we never did find out what happened to him. Although we did hear a rumour that Palitoy deleted him....... :cry:

I can remember seeing a band called Spock STREEEEEEEEEEETCH around that time but I don't reall if that was then or at a later FIGFEST. Stretch Armstrong put in the mightiest stonkingest performance of his career and went for the real long notes on his biggest hits: 'Yank me' and 'stamp on my head'. And Spock was just amazing with his guitar wailing might as usual. For a finale they used the transporter to just vanish off stage! Outstanding man, outstanding. :happy: It could only have been better if Kirk and Evel Knevel had rejoined the band for a final tour. That would have rocked my world dude! :D

Incidentaly, FIGFEST security will be tight owing to STANSE performing this year. They've hired a firm of guys that look familiar to me but then they all look the same from Duro. Anyway, these guys will be keeping the fans in check after the recent riots at FIGAID.
here's the publicity brochures mugshot of some of the security guys...

mabudonicus
07-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Security is something one can never have enough of. I like the looks of dem guys. Last festival STANSE played the security was a bunch of goofy looking Playmates "Data from Redemption" figs. They cost WAY too much, and when stuff started to go wrong, the crummy articulation made em totally useless. (nice work, Jargo, BTW:))
Speaking of security, STANSE played Toronto recently, and a custom Tie Domi was head of security.... They didn't know it at the time, but it might have been their last chance at a pic with him still in the Blue and White....
Here's the Boys with their favourite goon....

Jargo
07-14-2002, 06:45 PM
Well that's decent lookin' security. A ten gallon hat always deters the riffraff I think. :) I heard on the grapevine that No Gimmicks may be reuniting for this years FIGFEST. It's unconfirmed but hopefully they might have some new material in the pipeline after all these years. Rumour has it that they've played a secret gig in Rhode island somewhere. Hope it's true. Heard they've got a new image.

2-1B
07-15-2002, 12:55 AM
Hey mabudon, is vintage Luke "watering" that shrub?
Everyone else is single file (drug induced, no doubt) on their way to the fest grounds, how many Molsons did Luke have in the parking lot?

BIG NEWS
Arnold and the StaClones have accepted Jargo's invite to play Figfest '02 !
They realize Stanse need as much shade as they can get, so my boys will humbly headline the side stage out near the portable bathrooms. Besides, with recent box office bombs like "Collateral Damage" and "Driven", I have impressed upon them the necessity of returning to their roots and getting to know their fans all over again.
The fact that they haven't experienced a new toy line in quite some time is pretty telling as well.
(Sly has been figureless since "Antz", while Arnie wouldn't allow McFarlane his likeness for that "T2" figure)

2-1B
07-15-2002, 03:09 AM
With all of these big fest plans being made, I have a few out of work musicians whom I'd like to propose for employment.

First I have this guitarist who could fit into any lineup . . . lead or rythym, he's just looking for work because his last movie was a real dud.
Heck, he'll even work as a tech, but looking at this shot, you have to admit he can work a crowd. You'll (faintly) see JarJar, Palps, and Plo Koon worked into a frenzy, and even William Roaf (former New Orleans Saints offensive tackle) is getting onto it.

Last time he made a magazine cover, the caption said,
"The J-Man stands firm on his one demand:
He doesn't play one single chord until everyone has at least one fist in the air.
Raise your fist and screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam !!!!!!!!!!! "

2-1B
07-15-2002, 03:15 AM
Seriously mabudon,
Stanse is great and all (no disrespect) but you have shown considerable concern for their strength in the summer heat.
With such rubbery arms, will any of them be able to put it up behind their heads and tear it up?
McFarlane's figures are solid, it's only their joints that are cheap.
But Jason is fully functional . . . and he won't break at the shoulder . . . here, he'll show you himself -

2-1B
07-15-2002, 03:38 AM
For hire: 1 bass player.

The 'Saw may be family to this gentle Texan, but from now on he vows to massacre with only his killer bass licks . . .

mabudonicus
07-16-2002, 08:37 AM
Soooo, complete domination of the Action figure Heavy Metal market isn't going to be as easy as I projected....
You want collateral damage, Caesar:)? HERE's you collateral damage... The Immortal Kit, as played by the one and only STANSE... Just put new skins on it, FigFest is going to be a monster!!
Oh yeah, you are right about vintage Luke.... ever since they made newer, more accurate resculpts his self-image just sank into the toilet, and between sniffing action figures and quaffing back stubbies, there's not much left of him anymore. He will be at FigFest, but just a word of advice- shake with your left hand....

JEDIpartner
07-16-2002, 11:22 AM
DANTOONIE (GP)- It was announced today that country music sensation Rebo McEntire is looking to be added to this year's Figfest line-up. Ms. McEntire, known for her big tufts of red hair and long blue snout, was in the process of recording her new album, tentatively titled, "The Night They Drove Old Dexter Down", when she heard acts were being booked for the galactic super-event. "I'm hopin' fer some real nice spot in the event, but me and my boys'll be willin' t'play one them side stages. It don't matter- just as long as we get there someways," Rebo commented at a press conference. Although this is primarily a heavy metal event, the sponsors involved have supported Rebo McEntire's last four tours. So far, nothing has been confirmed by the representatives of Figfest. Details should follow shortly.

2-1B
07-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Wonderful ! I'm hoping the organizers of Figfest do grant an invitation to Rebo. :)
Word around these parts is that a former king of pop is looking to find a new audience, more on that as I find details . . . but a country twist would really open the floodgates of various music scenes - and let my guy on the bill.

I've got another band hoping to audition for the gig, it may take a few days to complete their photo shoot . . . but I'm thinking they have what it takes to make the 'fest. :)

Jargo
07-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Hey, who said FIGFEST was a predominently metal event? If No Gimmicks show up it'll have a true folk feel and with a little country throw in I can see it turning into a real 'something for everyone' affair. Whaich can only be good in the whole melting pot of the fest. We've got figies from every genre attending so we may as well have a policy of all comers welcome.
I was going to start a list of confirmed bookings but I'm none too ell today so that'll have to wait 'til tomorrow unless someone else has the energy to sift back through the pages for the bands. Still no word from the holonet company though so I guess we can say bye bye to live streaming. :( Best we can hope for is some decent vidisnaps of the event. :)

mabudonicus
07-16-2002, 02:38 PM
Yes, indeed Jargo (BTW-get ell soon:)) To all bands(I'll out this in my sig, too)- if you want to come out for figfest, just type the words- Back sync, Plastic Meltdown, Rebo, Mousy and the Sniffers.... (If I've forgotten any, Give me heck, I'm kinda delirious after messing up my back in an ill advised diving incident)
I'll make up some kind of "official" Promo and post it here, so that we can print it out and get a unified look- (or if anyone else has a good one thought out, just post it here too, I just have a pretty good idea for the design)
Jargo's right, it isn't a Metal fest at all, just a real big, fun show, so don't worry at all about whether your band "fits", If they're made of plastic, rubber, wood, metal- All are welcome, and encouraged to attend/perform. Let's do it!!!

JediTricks
07-16-2002, 11:41 PM
Just cause they're banned from any real deserts doesn't mean all is lost. Here's a special pic from the recent shoot for the cover of "Softer in the Summer", this summers "hottest" single.
And yes, the cacti are fake, I know.
(honestly, I'm getting better with the set-ups, what do you folks think?)
Mabudon, great pic and the backdrop is very nifty; now I have to figure out where you got a cowboy hat that fit the red clone! :D

Caesar, funny stuff, but why the postage stamp-sized pics?

Heh heh, The Stiffs seem to have a lot of Boba Fetts. :D Cool pic there, I like the Chewie the best, dunno why.

You kids from the "figgie" generation have sold out man! Figfest 2002 will be different, I know it!!!

(I can't believe how much you guys while I was offline for the past 4 days!!!)

mabudonicus
07-17-2002, 07:53 AM
I had to explain. Glad you like the pic JT!! The hat was off of a CORPS gijoe knockoff, which is also what I used to make the Custom Tie Domi. The background is nothing more than a single sheet of orange Bristol board, angled just so- wait'll you see the other shots from that set, they turned out SICK!!! (PS JT, whaddya think of the drum kit?? I made it out of cardboard from six packs, tinfoil and paperclips, with a videocassete case as the riser)

2-1B
07-17-2002, 01:21 PM
The pics are so tiny because the closeups I did were mega-blurred, and the longshots don't enlarge too well . . . :(

I think my problem is that there was too much light on those closeups, so I have a new approach that I am going to try tonight during a photo shoot for the band . . .

Wookiee Pelts

They'll be at the 'fest, I promise you that!

Yes, get better soon Jargo, once that lineup is secured I'll insert into my sig line promo. :)

stormie
07-18-2002, 12:58 PM
My ode to the ugliness of the Clone Trooper... ;)

hideous (http://www.stormierelationship.com/images/about1.gif)

mabudonicus
07-18-2002, 01:09 PM
I can't seem to get the link to work all the way, it takes 5 minutes to get the pic about half resolved. My machine is tiny and weak, so it just may be me. I agree, that preview ct was the ugliest thing almost EVER!!
More stuff up on my site- the full 20 image series of "Fish Outta Water" is up on the BITS page. ENJOY!!
(PS- FIGFEST will be HUGE, don't worry:))
PPS Caesar- Can't WAIT for the 'pelts!!

Jargo
07-18-2002, 01:10 PM
Yay! My sister is loaning me her spare digicam. Let the good times RRRRRRRRRRoll!! :D Now we'll see who's cookin' on gas... :evil:

Rogue II
07-18-2002, 05:56 PM
You may recall Men Without Hats and thier hit song "Safety Dance" from the 80s....well now meet:

DROIDS WITH HATS

and their new album P'Toot Tweet Tweet Beep Boop

featuring such hits as:

Safety Sticker
Pop! Goes the Motivator
Pour Some Oil On Me
GONK! GONK! 'Til You Drop
Our Joints Are Sealed
867-1138
6 Million Ways to Say I Love You
One Shot Killed the Mighty Death Star
and
My Angel is a City Computer

JediTricks
07-18-2002, 08:54 PM
I had to explain. Glad you like the pic JT!! The hat was off of a CORPS gijoe knockoff, which is also what I used to make the Custom Tie Domi. The background is nothing more than a single sheet of orange Bristol board, angled just so- wait'll you see the other shots from that set, they turned out SICK!!! (PS JT, whaddya think of the drum kit?? I made it out of cardboard from six packs, tinfoil and paperclips, with a videocassete case as the riser) Ah, the Corps! That explains it, I so rarely look at that stuff for more than a blink.

The drums were very cool, as convincing any professionally-made toy drum kit on the market today (mostly all McFarlane, the KISS ones and the Metallica one come to mind). I don't see how you used sixpacks though.

2-1B
07-19-2002, 01:33 AM
*hoping JT doesn't notice I only use Kiss drumsets*

mabudon, I can't believe you called them "The Pelts" !
They must be reaching far underground, because I was seriously going to introdice them that way! Their diehard fans call them that, so major points to you for being ahead of the curve. ;)

Tycho
07-19-2002, 01:39 AM
Rogue 2! I love Droids with Hats!!!

You put in a Mouse Droid! Yeah!!

And he's wearing a Rebel Pilot's hat! Yeah!!!

What a tribute! :D :D :D

2-1B
07-19-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I was going to start a list of confirmed bookings but I'm none too ell today so that'll have to wait 'til tomorrow unless someone else has the energy to sift back through the pages for the bands.

While Jargo recovers from the jaundice and rickets, I went through all 14 pages and compiled the following list:

Definites:

STANSE
Plastic Meltdown
Mousy and the Sniffers
BACK'SYNC
Arnie & The Sly Guys
DROIDS WITH HATS

Probables:

NO GIMMICKS
Disney's Aladin / Bucky O'Hare / Judge Dredd supergroup
Spock STREEEEEEEEEEETCH
Rebo McEntire
Wookiee Pelts
Michael Jackson

On the bubble:

Vader's Raiders
THE PAWTUCKET PLAYAS

FIGFEST 2002 - Coming soon to "a field in Missouri somewhere." :D

As bands on the probable list are presented via pic(s), they get bumped up to the definite list and any new bands posted from this point on are automatically placed on the roster. :)

Let me know if I missed any, I think I got all of the musical groups. :)

mabudon, do you happen to have any shots of the bands who tried to open for STANSE? Word has it that STANSE's diehards don't take too kindly to other badns trying to play their stage, so maybe Figfest would be a good way for those humiliated musicians to get a second try?
Given the 'fest atmosphere, it won't just be rambunctious STANSE fans present . . . I think it's worth a shot!

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 06:48 AM
Rogue 2! I love Droids with Hats!!!

You put in a Mouse Droid! Yeah!!

And he's wearing a Rebel Pilot's hat! Yeah!!!

What a tribute! :D :D :D

There were rumors flying around the Droids With Hats camp that they were going to change their name to Backstreet Droids.

Rebel Mousey, spokesdroid of the band, released a statement denying any such rumors.

mabudonicus
07-19-2002, 07:05 AM
Caesar- thanks- it's easy to be ahead of the curve when you're badly warped already, though, so I can't take much credit....:)
Rogue II- NICE!! 6 million ways to say I love you?!? The titles are killer, I don't usually laugh that hard this early!!
JT- 6 packs?? Well, the drum shells are made from strips of cardboard(from 6 packs) rolled til they're nice and cylindrical and smooth, then painted, then the foils goes on, then the skins (made from figure bubbles, natch), then I stuck em together with paper clips (the tom toms are attached to the kick with plastic sheet, paper clips and a piece off an old tank model) The cymbals are just cardboard with gold foil (from the beer in the 6's) pressed onto em. If anyone wants more instructions on how I made the stuff I use, ask me. Everyone seems to be doing pretty good so far, though, and I know for sure QLDs band scorns equipment.
I have a feeling that there's gonna be a BIG occurence re STANSE at FIGFEST......... BIIIIG!!!!

JediTricks
07-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
*hoping JT doesn't notice I only use Kiss drumsets*postage stamps, remember? ;) Seriously though, I didn't say anything was WRONG with the KISS drums, just that Mabudon's were AS GOOD as them.

As for MJ being "probable", I heard it is definite, so expect him to drop out at the last minute. ;)

Mabudon, what kind of 6packs are you talking about that have cardboard? Anyway, that's a super-creative design process, very impressive, you'd give MacGuyver a run for his money there. :D

2-1B
07-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Yeah, mabudon's instruments are great ! I'm basically limited to prefabbed instruments, but I am working on converting the Riddler's ? staff into a guitar. I basically just need to build a guitar body and attach it to the base of the staff. Recently I got a Maxim-type advertisement, and realized the scantily clad woman's skin tone matched the color within reason, so I might cut it out of that pic . . . but it won't be discernible as flesh.

MJ will want to drop out, but as soon as I verify his photo shoot, he'll have no further choice! :D

Uhh, I can't explain the cardboard 6pac thing either. :crazed:

mabudonicus
07-20-2002, 10:59 AM
JT- (BTW-hope yer ISP gets better ASAP:)) This beer from around here comes in this great "raw cardboard" box that has a good grain for the size of curves on the kit- cardboard from other things usually "buckles" when you bend it too much, and sometimes kinda rips when yer cutting it. I've been making stuff out of odd stuff since I was a wee one, and I've a good eye for what I can get away with. I actually tried to make the kit out of shampoo lids etc, but couldn't get it to look right.ALAS!!
Caesar- What do you mean, "opening acts":)?!? A band playing WITH STANSE?!? Criss Acely won't like that too much..........:)

JediTricks
07-21-2002, 03:41 AM
Sounds like some good material, though the concept of beer and action figures makes for an odd combination ;)

BTW, I hope my ISP pulls it out of the can tomorrow, I can't stand this crap right now, friggin' Earthlink!

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 05:06 PM
And now, appearing for the first time...together...

Vader's Raiders

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 05:28 PM
More promo shots:

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 05:34 PM
No, that's NOT Mousy...it's Mousy's cousin Missey!

Yet another MSE droid breaks into showbiz.

And joind by Vader and Missey is the ultra cool, ultra small Master of the Darkside...
Mini Me Vader

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 06:06 PM
And here is the NEWEST sensation...

Astro Mek!!!

Tycho
07-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Wow! Another droid band!

This is off the subject only slightly, but I am a big fan of astromech figures!

You are only missing the Red R2 unit from the Royal Starship I think. Plus we're getting the Blue R3 unit from Star Tours (actually A New Hope was when it made its first appearance). I hope we continue to see more!

R5's resculpt should make for the easy production of an orange one from Mos Eisley, and a Red one for Biggs' astromech. A black one from the Death Star II as well.

R3 could use a red mold from the first Death Star, and also from that location a green one.

R4 - let's see the all black one, and a white one with a black head (Echo Base).

R2 still could use a green and white one (Wedge's astromech).

Meanwhile, Darth Mouse says "Whadyup Cuz?" to Missey Mouse, and offers his congratulations.

While the Sniffers are on a hiatus, fans wondering what Darth Mouse has been up to need to look no further than the silver screen casting call for the new "A-Team movie" (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=140368) in which yours truly has also auditioned for the Lt. Templeton Peck ("Face Man") role.

We're in negotiations now to try to get the studio to change the description of one of the other characters to better accomodate Darth Mouse's unique charm he'd bring to Mr. T's former role. A new character, B.O. Marsupicus is currently under consideration.

Anyway, nice job SithKiller. I look forward to your updates :)

Rogue II
07-21-2002, 07:32 PM
Here is a photo of the Droids With Hats new video for the song "Has Anyone Seen My Left Leg." It's heading straight for MTV's Buzz Bin.

mabudonicus
07-22-2002, 08:38 AM
All's I can add is "tweet beedle-DOOP!!Dooo WEOWW" (I hope that doesn't get edited:)!"
FigFest is gearing up, it's gonna be good no doubt. Sithkiller99- good to se you've made it to this thread!!! My only complaint is that you've "taken" the STANSE bespin vader before I could use im. NUTS!!!!
Anyways, here's a bio of the "current" lead singer for STANSE.
I'll put the whole band up on my site shortly- the heat has made my computer real uppity, so pshop crashes a lot lately.

mabudonicus
07-26-2002, 11:08 AM
Rutters- Missourri-
Fans of the action figure heavy metal band STANSE may be disappointed by the upcoming FIGFEST. Insiders close to the band have hinted at a problematic development that may force the band to cancel their appearance.
Frontman Chriss Acely has, if possible, created an even wider gap between himself and his bandmates. Word has it that Acely is demanding changes to the lyrics of many of their most popular songs. The reason for this is unclear at press time. A statement released by Acely's agent earlier in the week revealed that Acely was uncomfortable performing such "suggestive" material as "Softer in the Summer" in front of his hometown fans, for fear of tainting his reputation with those nearest and dearest to his heart.
The counter statement released by the management of the 4 remaining members tells a MUCH different story. "He's become more of a ^%$# than EVER," quipped P.K. Ripper (lead guitarist), "He won't wear the cape, he doesn't hang out with us, he insults us at every opportunity, and now he thinks we're gonna let him change our MUSIC cause he's a wuss? THAT's RICH. We'll see him in hell, I guess,"
Though it's not clear what the outcome will be, Acely's agent assured this reporter that STANSE could not have gotten where they are today withoput the mellifluous tones of their current lead singer, and thath he doubted very much if STANSE would be able to continue without him.
The official counterstatement is, unfortunately, unfit for print in this publication............

JediTricks
07-26-2002, 11:40 PM
Heh heh, sounds like a breakup and a reunion tour in 3 years where they're all wearing hokey leather trenchcoats on the album cover! :D

mabudonicus
08-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Right from the happenstanse site, this exclusive, to be found nowhere else bio of the mighty brothers of steel....
JT- Whatchoo talkin bout:)??? They'll NEVER break up!!!

2-1B
08-05-2002, 12:33 AM
Identical "guns" ? :D

So has Figfest been assigned a date? JArgo suggested next month . . .

Jargo
08-05-2002, 03:05 PM
FIGFEST 2002
Aug' 31st to Sept' 5th
Downey fields Missouri.

News just in:
DROID LOVE SCANDAL AT THE TOP!!!
Frontman of Jizzwailer supergroup 'Artik Reequird' Arturo Customiz was this weekend reportedly discovered in a secret love tryst with former band member of 'Droids without hats' Arfor Aywon.

Allegedly the 'Artik' frontman and his droid lover were spotted at the Hillman Hotel in the Syynura district, not far from Maybong on Sullust.

Allegedly the two met while attending a charity premiere of Twi'Lek nymphettes III last year.

Arturo's manager refused to comment on the issue but did confirm that despit the rumours and hearsay, Artik Reequird would be performing at Figfest 2002.

It's unclear what the connection between Arturo and Arfor is, but whether it be a solo, duo or group collaboration it's clear that they'll make sweet music together.

Attached is a holo image taken at the Hillman Hotel as the pair were seen leaving together this weekend.

Jargo
08-05-2002, 03:39 PM
Here's the official figfest logo for this year. Still waiting for publicity stuff but so far this is all I got.

JediTricks
08-05-2002, 11:59 PM
I think Stanley Kubrick's estate is gonna sue over that logo. Too similar to the end sequence of 2001, even with the characters "200_" appearing in it. ;) :D

Mabudon, that's what KISS said, and then look at that album they put out in the late '80s. :D ;)

mabudonicus
08-06-2002, 08:09 AM
It's TOTALLY unfair to compare STANSE to KISS..... There's, like, not even a passing resemblance, other than the names, the capes, the costumes and the music, they're a TOTALLY different thing......
Kubrick's estate can wait and see how FIGFEST (nice work, Jargo, BTW- Kinda "TRON", in a way) goes, then decide if it's even worth it to come after us....
Besides, I believe they won't notice... I for one have never been able to stomach more than a few minutes worth of 2001, and I doubt if they will be able to handle FIGFEST, so we're just sorta evening the score......

Arrogant Arse
08-06-2002, 08:36 AM
How can I get tickets to FIGFEST? When I called Ticket-Jedi-Master, they said the tickets were not on sale yet, and that since I didn't work for a Music Channel, I would have to wait.

I NEED TO GO TO FIGFEST!!!! I NEED TO MEET STANSE!!

mabudonicus
11-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Well, the legal battles are over, and STANSE is back, with a new album no less!!!! Here is a shot of the band as they rip into the blazing twin-guitar solo af the lead-off single, "Squirt!"

2-1B
11-26-2002, 11:11 AM
I got a Stanse related query -

Last night it was a cool 24 degrees here: how does Stanse react to the cold?

If they get "softer in the summer", do they get "brittle in the blizzard" ?

When I was a kid, I put my Jabba in the freezer (WHY? I don't know . . . ) and when I removed him I accidentally dropped him and his arm snapped right off.

QLD
11-26-2002, 12:28 PM
I used to put figures in the freezer all of the time. Although they were usually in a glass or bowl of water.

How fun!

I might go do it with a Jar Jar figure now.

2-1B
11-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Uhhh, I also had a habit of taking figures, wrapping them in toilet paper, and "mumifying" them by running water over them from the sink. Then I'd have an imprint when I carefully pulled off the TP.

Adam
11-26-2002, 09:24 PM
NEWS BULLETIN!

With the announcement on STANSE's return, the music industry has been a thunderstorm of activity! Rivaling record labels are struggling to create more new bands in hopes of crushing the now regrouped bands triumphant return! This reporter has had the oppurtunity to sample these new acts. And one has stood out from the crowd! While I am under a confidentiality agree ment, I am unfortunatly unable to reveal just who these upstarts are. I am even forbid from mentioning the bands name! But I can say this: Who better to rock the heavy metal music world, than muscians that are made of metal and really heavy! Stay tuned in the coming weeks as this sure fire hit band makes its debut!

Rogue II
11-27-2002, 07:35 AM
One of the returning bands is DROIDS WITH HATS. Tragedy struck the band while they were on tour this summer. Their bus crashed and the members were scavanged by a pack of Jawas. Now they are back. The chain of events has sparked a new album, "Restraining Bold Blues."

New Songs include:
Bad Motivator
Short Circuit
Thank the Maker
Beep Tweet Toot Toot Tweet (Astromech Blues)
The Sandcrawler Song
Swap Meet
Sand in My Gears
Memory Wipe
1101001010011001101 (The Binary Code Song)
Baby, Don't Fry My Circuits

mabudonicus
11-27-2002, 08:58 AM
Thanks for posting here fellows, STANSE was worried that they may have been left by the wayside due to the whole legal thing, but it looks like the people are still hungry for rock and rubber:):)

Caesar, yes the cold affords certain ad- and disadvantages.. they're hard enough to keep up any STANSE, but their tiny rubber bodies become brittle and they suffer some "shrinkage", so their heads can move about unbidden on a particularly "stiff" winter wind....
It's down below 0 (celcius, that is) here, with snow and everything, and the boys are really feeling it... it's not safe to drive the Mastery Machine in this weather, the hard plastic would shatter outright hitting so much as a speed bump, so they travel by Beast around this time of year...
Right now, the band is working on a new single, which is being released in the tradition of "we are the world".. the proceeds will go towards helping victims of Canadian Action Figure Famine (CAFF), which strikes hard and often up here in the great white North...usually right when it's least expected:(:(:(

Rogue II
01-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Check it out! Someone is selling a Stanse guitar.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FGSWRRBF

mabudonicus
01-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Nice!!!! I guess the only thing better than boba WITH a guitar is boba ON a guitar!!!
Wonder if it has any special action features that most of the other SW related stuff comes with... maybe it's got a rubber neck, or quick release strings that make it totally useless as a guitar:):)

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Here's some stuff I took today, it's nine pictures so I'll have to make multiple posts.

ENJOY!

She's an ugly figure, which Anakin only realized after marrying her, and she's definitely already the "old ball and chain."

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 02:51 PM
How Anakin snuck into the Tusken Camp without being noticed. Impossible? I think not...

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 02:53 PM
It wouldn't work at first though...ouch.

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 02:56 PM
New Bespin Duel footage shooting for the Archival Editions

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Don't worry, Luke's not dead, just knocked to the side. :D

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Uhoh, another take messed up by those swinging torso gimmicks!

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Look out!!!! Wow, even Lucas and crew changed for the Archival Editions...

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Fortunately AOTC Obi-Wan was nearby for AOTC Archival Edition shooting (but that's not supposed to be known yet so don't tell anyone) and was able to lend a magnetic hand!

There were a couple casulties, but they're used to it. :p

LTBasker
01-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Totally unrelated to the Archival Edition filming incident...

If you go to the micromachine forum, then it'll be easier to understand this. :D

Poor Dooku, in his old age he can't remember things very well..

JediTricks
01-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Aww, I was hoping for the ST Solar Sailer MM. :D

I really liked the Mission Impossible parody pics, those were the ones that made me laugh the most.

mabudonicus
01-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Hey LT, where's the instruments:D ??
Pretty funny stuff, the lightsabre effects are done real nice...
Man, I gotta get a hold of that digi cam again, otherwise post the sequence I had up on HappenStanse, maybe one or two a day to make the whole story....
When's your next shoot, LT??

Jargo
02-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I just found this pic on my hard drive from the non event from last year, figfest. I was going to premiere this lot with a big fanfare but for one I couldn't get a very good camera and second there were things got in the way. But here are the next boyband sensation Maul ratz at their gig last year. This isn't the best of pictures. there was a camera ban at the gig so I had to sneak mine in. Despite being the promoter!!