PDA

View Full Version : Episode I 12"?

JediCole
09-11-2001, 04:19 PM
As the new 12" figures have begun to emerge in stores (Death Star Trooper and Droid, Han Solo), the fact that, for the most part, Hasbro has developed a trend toward 12" figure assortments that are "episode-centric" has again been confirmed. This begs the question, when will we get Episode I 12" figures again? I remember seeing projected lines that included smart choices like Nute Gunray and poor choices like Odie Mandrell. What characters from EI would you like to see get the large figure treatment? I personally want Rune Haako and Nute Gunray in my collection! And perhaps some of the Jedi Council as well.

GNT
09-12-2001, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
What characters from EI would you like to see get the large figure treatment

Gasgano (I have always wanted to see him be made!)

Plo Koon (Kick ***** Jedi Master, what else needs too be said?)

The rest of the Jedi council

Other Podracer Drivers

evenflow
09-12-2001, 09:19 AM
I would like to see Jedi Council 2-packs.

1. Yareal Poof w/ chair (single because of his size)
2. Ki-Adi-Mundi & Yoda w/ chair
3. Plo Kloom & Saesee Tiin
4. Adi Gallia & Depa Billaba
5. Yaddle w/ chair & Oppo Rancisic w/ chair
6. Even Peill & Eeth Koth

HELL YEAH!!!!!

JediCole
09-12-2001, 04:18 PM
The "with chair" angle was one that escaped me. I would love to see the Jedi Council get the 12" treatment and all of them come with chairs. Yoda, Yaddle, and Evan Piel would comprise a lot similar to the R2, Yoda, Jawa assortments of old. Yareel Poof is the one that is the most troublesome in any scale. LucasFilm probably thought "this will be a tough one for the folks at Hasbro!"

master jedi
09-12-2001, 04:39 PM
5. Deckard Smith with computer and head wounds.
4. Yoda with chair.
3. Ki-Adi Mundi
2. Qui-Gon Jinn with hole in chest
1. Jedi Padawan Anakin

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-12-2001, 05:04 PM
Since the council is supposed to see some action in EP II, I 'll bet we see a Plo Koon or Saesee Tinn or somebody in 12' form for that line.

El Chuxter
09-12-2001, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by master jedi

Nice to see Deckard's not forgotten. Hold on a second. . . . Yep, he's still logged in on the old forums! :D

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 10:28 PM
Ahhhh......good ol' Deckard Smith.....

GNT
09-13-2001, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by master jedi

Hasbro is in the works to make a 3 inch figure of him from the scene where is "asleep" over the computer board, They don't know the colour of his shirt at the time of impact so this might cause a delay ;)

master jedi
09-13-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by GNT
They don't know the colour of his shirt at the time of impact so this might cause a delay ;)

It should be a white blood soaked Star Wars shirt.
I think he should also be wearing a hat.

humsup
09-14-2001, 02:30 AM
I would really like to see Plo Koon made in the 12" scale. Then, the list below :

1. Tusken Raider
2. Aurra Sing
3. Gungan Warrior
4. topless Maul??

bigbarada
09-15-2001, 11:31 PM
Senator Palpatine
Darth Sidious
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Plo-Koon
Destroyer Droid
Nute Gunray
Rune Haako

Oh yeah...did I mention Senator Palpatine?

GNT
09-16-2001, 06:58 AM
Mas Amedda

Tew How (spelling?)

Different Naboo Guards

Destroyer Droid (sure....)

Breakable Battle Droids

Boomer Battle Droid

Sabe

Any figure that they have made a small version of :)

Thats all I can think of as of now :)

master jedi
09-16-2001, 06:29 PM
It appears that we've all forgotten about Shmi Skywalker.

JediCole
09-17-2001, 12:13 PM
Yes indeed! We have forgotten poor Shmi! I also like the idea of a 12" Mas Ameeda, especially in light of his furhter apperance in EII. I would also like to see a 12" Captain Panaka (unlike may I love the hat) and perhaps Ric Olie (only if done up with the full long coat and all the layers of costume.

GNT
09-18-2001, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
I also like the idea of a 12" Mas Ameeda, especially in light of his furhter apperance in EII

Thank god I remembered him :)

It appears that we've all forgotten about Shmi Skywalker.

So we did, I think it would be cool to see her madeas a 12" figure :)

bigbarada
09-19-2001, 10:53 PM
It'd also be cool to have a Ric Olie figure or just a generic Naboo pilot. With the trenchcoat and everything. Maybe even have a 12" scale Naboo Fighter as a pack-in.;)

Lobito
09-20-2001, 02:08 PM
Is there an Aurra sing 12'?? I understand there is a figure of her that includes a book of bounty hunters. (like the vader version, which BTW is too expensive) Are these figures 12'?

bigbarada
09-20-2001, 05:16 PM
Yeah she's a 12" figure, but she looks like an anorexic. Hasbro really needs to work on their generic female 12" bodies.

GNT
09-21-2001, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Yeah she's a 12" figure, but she looks like an anorexic. Hasbro really needs to work on their generic female 12" bodies.

They also have to work alot more on 3inch women figures too,3 inch Aurra,Shmi anyone?

Tycho
09-21-2001, 05:32 PM
I'm sounding off just for the sake that if Paul@Hasbro's checking, he'll see there's more and more interest:

Eeth Koth
Even Piel
Ki Adi Mundi (Ep 2?)
Plo Koon (Ep 2 ?)
SaeSae Tiin (Ep 2?)
Depa Billaba
Adi Gallia
Yoda (Ep 2?)
Yaddle
Oppo Rancissis
Yarael Poof

Dud Bolt
Teemto Pegules
Aldar Beedo
Wan Sandage
Gasgano
Shmi Skywalker (with 12" Eopie and Kitster?)
R2D2 (Ep 2?)
Swokes Swokes (chubba seller)
Jabba the Hutt (or ROTJ packaging with 12" Oola or Salacious)
Fode and Beed (as 12" -that'd rock!)
Ketwol (his species, as 12")
Quarren (or Tessek from ROTJ)

(I did not list all the PodRacers on purpose - just the best)

Mas Amedda (Ep 2)
Senator Palpatine (PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!)
Senator Asks Moe (or Ree-Yees from ROTJ)
Queen Pre-Senate (yellow)
Queen Post-Senate (black)

Naboo Royal Guard
Queen Theed Celebration
Anakin Skywalker Jedi Padawan
Gungan Warrior

Darth Sidious -Electronic Talking
Nute Gunray (as an exclusive with Mechano-Chair?)
Rune Haako
Destroyer Droid (THAT TRANSFORMS!)

AND CLASSIC heretofore not yet mentioned:

I want the Lando Skiff Guard, Gamorrean, and Weequay once considered, as well as speed up Dengar and Zuckuss already!

There are a lot more Classic options, but that's not the topic of this post.

derek
10-13-2001, 05:09 PM
i know this has been mentioned, but :

senator palpatine with his darth sideous robe. there is no need to make these two separate releases.

continue the portrait editions, just put them is regular boxes at a reasonable price, and they'll sell.(in other words, finish out the queen's outfits.)

JediCole
10-13-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by derek
i know this has been mentioned, but :

senator palpatine with his darth sideous robe. there is no need to make these two separate releases.

continue the portrait editions, just put them is regular boxes at a reasonable price, and they'll sell.(in other words, finish out the queen's outfits.)

I agree about finishing out the Queen's costumes, but only if they are done with the level of detail and care that the Portrait Editions displayed. Otherwise we wind up with garbage like the "Hidden Magesty" and other Amidalas that really look terrible by comparison.
Perhaps a simple change in presentation would be the key, thusly a lower price point.

derek
10-13-2001, 09:21 PM
with exception of the cheap hairstyling barbie amidalas, the costumes from the 12 inch action collection have always been very well done. the articulation has always sucked, but the facial sculpts and outfits have always been tops for the entire 12 inch line.

the markup on the higher end amidala collection was a bit high. hopefully hasbro has learned from this mistake and will include the queen's remaining gowns along with padme's episode 2 outfits in the action collection.

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 10:04 AM
I don't often buy 12" figures but Plo Koon might be one that I couldn't pass up. If it was done well that is...

Exhaust Port
06-09-2002, 11:54 AM
There are a lot of great ideas here for Ep.1 figures. It really suprised me how little Hasbro produced of TPM 12" figures. I think more figures from the OT were made during that same time and those movies were 20 years old. Now a lot of these figure ideas could be produced under the Saga line for AOTC as most crossed over from TPM.

From TPM I would like to suggest a line of pod racer pilots an Naboo soldiers/guards.