PDA

View Full Version : Dooku Strikes Back

sith_killer_99
05-13-2002, 12:28 AM
LOL

I just went on over to ebay and ran a list of Dooku's (450+) and about 1 in 8 have bids! On the first page.

The market got over saturated, kinda like Maul for EP1!

LOL, Patients is the key! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone broke down and paid way too much for this guy (more than $10.00 WITH shipping)?

I still can't believe that people were biding $25+ for this guy!

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 12:40 AM
It seems that scalpers have proven to be their own worst enemy yet again.:D They've created such a high demand for Dooku figures by buying them all up that Hasbro is increasing the production run, so this figure will never be rare.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2002, 11:21 AM
What we need is someone to hack in some code into these Dooku-ebay auction pages, so when they end with zero bids an e-mail is sent to these scalpers with a good loud Nelson laugh.

I was patient and waited until I found mine at TRU. Ha-ha :D

The True Maul
05-13-2002, 05:06 PM
I got mine on Ebay for $10.00, Not Bad Right?

Forhekset
05-13-2002, 05:17 PM
I've found probably like, 12 Dookus total, all at the same store. What I would do is this: I go there, and there'll be two Dookus out. I buy those and redistribute amongst other collectors. Go there the next day at the same time, and two more are out. I buy those and redistribute amongst other collectors. And so on :)

Forget eBay, just wait around a bit and eventually the figure you want will pop up, unless it's some exclusive or rare variation....

Amanamike
05-14-2002, 01:32 AM
I havent got one yet but it proves that my patience has served me well this time. Im usually the one guy that has to get everything the minute its out scalpers or not. Sorry guys I know thats bad but Im an addict. Its all of your guys fault form reading and looking at pics of your collections online. So dont blame me!!!:rolleyes:

sunblind
05-14-2002, 07:52 AM
the tru here has many dooku's....some of you people should wait. dont buy from ebay!

eliwankenobi
05-14-2002, 03:51 PM
I've been finding lots of Dooku's at the TRUs near me - so many that now I just toss them aside like Anakins and Jangos. Haven't seen any at WM or TGT yet.
I bought a few, kept one, traded a couple. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more of this guy in the days to come, so if you haven't found one yet, you will.

To all the scalpers: Haa-Haaaaaa!!!!! (ala Nelson)

Casual George
05-14-2002, 03:57 PM
I just went to my local K-Mart this afternoon. JACKPOT! They had three Dooku's on the shelf. I couldn't believe it, after two weeks of hard searching I finally scored. Man, it's tons more fun to find this guy after hunting high and low! Plus I only paid regular price and not one cent more. For all you guys and gals still looking, hang in there, you'll find him and it will be much more rewarding that ordering offline for extra $$$$.

Taichi
05-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Of the two Dookus I've ever seen at retail, I own one, and my brother owns the other.....

lucky?

damn skippy!, I hadda open the case on the floor at Wal-Mart, while dodging sniper darts aimed at my head by scalpers, AND employees!!!

I risked my life for my Dooku.

DrewDewce
05-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Found four of him at WM Monday on my lunch (extended) hour. Bought two and put the other two out front for the next lucky hunter.