PDA

View Full Version : Fun with camera: difference between AF figure proto and production.

Glitch
05-13-2002, 01:00 AM
Took a few of these a while back with a friend's camera.

I just thought I would show you guys the difference between a hand carved, hand painted proto AF figure and the production piece. Remember, this thing is only about an inch tall!!

Can you tell the difference?

darthcarlos
05-13-2002, 01:11 AM
Wow!!!!

That's some nice detail work. The end product does not compare. That kind of looks like Harrison Ford.

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small".....MICROMACHINES

Glitch
05-13-2002, 01:41 AM
This pic does not do it justice. It really DOES look like Harrison Ford - it even has a tiny scar on the chin. I wish I would have taken a shot of it strait on.

Oh well...

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 01:51 AM
Like they say: "Something always gets lost in the translation."

The production piece looks gummier... I'll never look at the AF figures the same now. :D

jeddah
05-13-2002, 03:11 AM
Incrediible; I didn't think he resemblance would be so great!

jeddah

vulcantouch
05-13-2002, 11:42 AM
. . .but i trust my swaf-huggin fellow forummers won't mind if i maintain my customary derision of af figures as silly-lookin, anthropomorphized Hinges :p
(except for the droideka and stap w/battledroid of course, them're cool :D )

jeddah
05-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Muftak, the astromechs and Threepio are pretty good too!

jeddah

haggie
05-13-2002, 08:53 PM
uh... am I missing something here. I see don't see anything to download.

good shot jansen
05-14-2002, 06:47 AM
glitch had posted a comparison photo of the action fleet han solo character, the one where han is holding a blaster.

the comparison was between the high level of detail that was present with the prototype, vs. the low level of detail in the final production run figure.

unfortunately, glitch pulled the photo from the site about 45 minutes before you're posting that you could not see the photo:(