PDA

View Full Version : A Different kind of Trivia game

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 05:33 AM
Here's how it works.

1.The first person (that person being me) gives a quote from a film.
2. The first person then thinks of a second quote from the same film, AND KEEPS IT TO HIM/HERSELF.
3. WITHOUT NAMING THE FILM, everyone begins to guess the second quote, based on the first quote.
4. When someone correctly guesses the second quote, he or she starts the process over by THINKING OF A NEW FILM and giving us a new quote and keeping the second quote to themselves.

Example:

"Luke, I am your father."

The people guess:

"Do. Or do not. There is no try."
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee."

before the winner finally correctly guesses:

''This deal is getting worse all the time."

It's important to remember, THE TITLE IS NEVER MENTIONED.
It's also important to remember, the second quote should be neither to obscure or too easy. ("Stop! Don't go in there!" is obviously very vague. Conversely "I'll be back." is a little too easy after the clue "Hasta la vista, baby" is used.)
They must also be unique to the film. (E.G "My name is Bond. James Bond." or "May the Force be with you." isn't allowed because it could be for any of several films.)
Don't use profanity. if you don't see it in the starting quote and if you know it's not in the "correct" quote, you won't bother to use it, even if it's ***** out.

Eventually, after we get stumped (and we will. Trust me, nothing kills this game faster than a really hard movie and/or quote) so after ten INCORRECT attempts, a SECOND GAME will be started under the first one, but the first game will remain active for anyone wishing to try. If it keeps up long enough we'll have multiple games running. We will number the games so it may look something like this.

1. "Tear this ship apart until you've found those plans."
2. "You've got a lot of guts coming here. After what you pulled."
3. "I have no memories of my mother."

...and so on. Suppose you have no idea what movie 2 is but you know 1 and 3 are, your response might look like this...

1. "Look sir, droids."

3. "You rebel Scum."

so the starters of that particular game know if you are playing in it.

And remember...NEVER MENTION THE MOVIE BY NAME. Ready? Here we go...

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 05:33 AM
1. ''I feel the need. The need for speed."

RooJay
05-14-2002, 11:59 PM
:confused: ?!!

SWAFMAN
05-15-2002, 12:31 AM
"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

SWAFMAN
05-15-2002, 12:57 AM
do we get extra points if we can post the correct answer as a .wav file?

(yet another example of a thread that cries out for a chat room feature!!!)

Wolfwood319
05-15-2002, 01:21 AM
"I don't like you because you're dangerous."

(This is a cool game, BTW.)

Sith Worm
05-15-2002, 01:24 AM
My brain hurts after reading this...

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 01:51 AM
"There's no points for second place."

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 09:32 PM
I was beginning to feel hurt that no one wanted to play... :(

;)

Roojay and SithDroid, do you get the concept yet?

Swaffy, I couldn't download your wav file. Was it a new quote or the one you posted earlier?

Three wrong guesses (or four if you count the wave file. Or maybe the wave file is the winner, but I doubt it....) it's a bit more obscure than those fellas. ;)

SWAFMAN
05-16-2002, 03:00 AM
"This is what I call a target rich environment' ???

(the .wav was just the same quote as I posted)

RooJay
05-16-2002, 04:53 PM
I think I've got it now, but I haven't seen that particular movie in a while so I'm kinda rusty on the quotes.;)

bigbarada
05-17-2002, 02:33 AM
"Take me to bed, or lose me forever.":kiss:

SWAFMAN
05-17-2002, 01:29 PM
okay, enough of this - I'm posting EVERY significant quote from Top Gun (I'll try my best to edit out all the bad words. If I miss one, PLEASE don't ban me!!!!

Maverick: "Any of you boys seen an aircraft carier around here"

"Whoa rock n' roll, here's our chance this is the big one Goose"

"Come on lock up baby lock up baby lock up, I got him locked Bingo!"

"That S.O.B. cut me off"

"That's right Iceman, I am dangerous"

"Uhh Cougar I'm gonna go head to head with him" "Take it easy Maverick I dont like this [crap]."

"Goose, I've had about enough of this [crap]"

"Tower this is ghost rider requesting a flyby" "Negative Ghostrider the Pattern is Full"

"God I want him back"

"Hey man we could of had him hey we could of had him man"

"I will fire when I am god damn good and ready, you got that?"

"Im gonna hit the brakes he'll fly right bye."

"[Crap] he's gonna get a lock on us" "NOW" "Ive got a good lock, Firing" "Whoo splash 4"

"Oh i see them tally ho right two o'clock, I'm in" "Im in"

"woo hoo" "Jesters Dead, Yee Hah"

"I'm going for missile lock"

"Shes Lost that Loving Feeling"

"We Got him Mav hes buggin out and going home" "Mustang this is Maverick Mig 2 is headed home"

"Just want to serve my country, be the best fighter pilot in the Navy Sir"

"No way jester yer mine"

"No way goose he would have fired by now, hes just trying to **** us off"

"Slider..sniff sniff you Stink"

"Mavericks Supersonic I'll be there in 30 Seconds"

"Talk to me Goose"

"Standbye, Vipers coming down"

"Im bringing him in closer Merlin" "Your gonna do WHAT?"

"Its just a walk in the park Kasanski"

"O.K. Buddy, Whats on your mind"

Ice Man:
"Wood we got four bogies"
"Because I was Inverted" "Bull[crap]"

"Mustang this is Voodo 1 we are totally defensive launch the alert fighter"

"Move your [butt] get up here Im engaged with 5 i repeat 5, Im in deep [crap]"

"Get out of their Hollywood get out of there God Damnit"

"I cant get the angle, Im to close for missiles im switching to guns"

"Maverick, Its not your flying its your attitude, the enemies dangerous but right now your worse than the enemy your dangerous and foolish, you may not like the guys flying with you they may not like you, but whose side are you on?"

"Excuse me Sir" "Yes" "This is not personal but with regard to Maverick is he the best pilot" "I know its on your mind Kasanski just get on it"

"Woods been hit Woods been hit, [crap], Woods been hit, Voodoo 1 Voodoo 1 woods been hit woods been hit, we've lost hollywood"

"Maverick, Im curious who was covering cougar while you were show boating with this mig?" "Cougar was doing just fine" "uh huh"

"Ok wood im taking the lead...lets identify them"

"Mayday Mayday Mavs in trouble hes in a flat spin, hes heading out to sea"

"You up for this one Maverick? "It's just a walk in the park Kasanski"

Goose:
"No No No theres two O's in goose boys"

"Airspeed 300, go get him Mav."

"We're going ballistic Mav go get em"

"Holy [crap] Theres Two of them" "Mig 28's no ones been this close before"

"Defense department regrets to inform you that your son's are dead because they were stupid"

"Roger and ill clean em and fry em ahh haa"

"Come on Mav, do some of that pilot [crap] "

" Maybe I ought to learn how to be a truck driver, what's the number of that truck driving school we saw on TV, Truck Masters I think it is, I might need that "

"Holy [Crap] we're head to head, I can't believe were doing this "

"Mav you wanna know who the best is, thats him Ice Man......."

"Is this your idea of fun Mav?">

"Hey Goose you big stud!'
'That's me honey!'
'Take me to bed, or loose me forever!'
'Show me the way home, honey"

"Well its the bottom of the ninth, the score is tied, its time for the big one."

"Okay Mav' lets turn and burn"

Maverick and Goose:
"What are you doing Mav, we've got no fuel for this." "Im going after Cougar."

"Greeting hahaha" "Watch the birdie" "Geez I crack myself up."

Ok..I guess its my turn isn't it, allright the bet is twenty dollars" "20 Dollars" "You have to have carnal knowledge of a lady, this time on the premises" "On the premises"

"Goose Cougars in trouble" "Come on Mav were getting low on gas, lets land this sucker."

"We're going to have a goodtime" "Always"

"Gutsiest move I ever saw man "

"You screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog[crap] out of Hong Kong"

"We're in his Jet Wash" "ho holy [crap]"

"Hey hey Slider what happened, I thought you wanted to be a pilot'

'Goose whose butt did you kiss to get in here" "the list is long but distinguished"

"She's Lost that loving feeling" "Shes lost, no she hasnt" "Yes she has" "She has not lost that" "Goose Shes lost it" "Mav Come on I hate it when she does that..."

"I feel the need...the need for speed"

"Great he's probably saying holy [crap] its Maverick and Goose" "Yeah, i'm sure hes saying that"

"This is what I call a target rich environment' ' you live your life between your legs Mav"

"He's going vertical so am I" "We're going ballistic Mav go get em"

Cougar:
"Sir" "Cougar you should be in sick bay, whats on your mind" "My Wife And Kids Sir, I almost orphaned them today and ive never even seen them. I dont know what happened up there but i was so scared." "Come on we've seen this before" "No Sir, Im holding on too tight, I've Lost the edge. Sorry Sir, (Drops his Wings) Sorry"

"God Damnit Mustang this is Ghost Rider 117 this bogies all over me, do i have permition to fire" "Do not Fire Until Fired Upon"

"I lost him in the sun, [CRAP] what's he doing? You got him Merlin?"

Jester:
"Get your butts above the hard deck, and return to base immediately"

"Jesust Christ"

"He cant get back in the saddle he wont engage" "Its only been a few days" "You know he might just not make it back" "Keep sending him up"

"That was some of the best flying I've seen yet, right up to the part where you got killed, you never never leave your wing man."

"You can run kid, but you can't hide"

"The Clock is ticking, and as of now we are keeping score"

"Bingo, Mavericks dead your out of there kid"

Viper:
"Do you think your name is going to be on that plaque?" 'yes sir' "That is pretty arrogant considering the company you are in' 'yes sir' 'I like that in a pilot"

"Gentlemen, this school is about combat."

"Tell me one thing if you had to go into battle would you want him with you" "I don't know, I just don't know"

"I'm not going to sit here and blow sunshine up your [butt] Lt., a good pilot is compelled to always evaluate what happened... so he can apply what he's learned."

"Goose is dead" "I Know"

"Maverick you'll get your RIO when you get to your ship, and if you dont, give me a call I'll fly with you." "Yes Sir"

"There are no points for second place"

"Good morning gentlemen, the temperture is 110 degrees' 'HOLY [CRAP] its Viper"

Stinger:
"What about Willard and Simpkins?" "Both catapults are broken we can't launch any aircraft yet sir." "How Long" "It will take ten minutes" "Bull[crap] ten minutes this thing will be over in two minutes get on it"

"whats their range now?" " 200 Miles Sir" "If they break 150 miles launch the alert 5 aircraft" "yes sir"

"Gentlemen this is the real thing, you are America's best, make us proud."

"Son your ego is writing checks your body can't cash"

"Top Gun!?" "Yes Sir" "God help us ahahaha"

"Who's Up their?" "Cougar and Merlin, and Maverick and Goose" "Great Maverick and Goose"

" You two characters are going to Top Gun "

Slider:
"I guess your lucky and famous' 'No, you mean notorious' 'see ya around' 'you can count on it' 'they were abused children' "

" 'Below the hard deck does not count' 'hard deck my [butt], we nailed that SOB."

"Spalsh that sucker yeah"

Maverick and Charlie:
"Jesus Christ and you think I'm reckless, when I fly I have you know that my crew and my plane comefirst' 'Well I am going to finish my sentence Lieutenant, my review of you flight performance was right on' 'is that right?' 'That is right, but I held something back I see some real genius in your flying Maverick but I can't say that in there, I was afraid that everyone in the tax trailer would see right through me and I just don't want anyone to know that I've fallen for you"

"You weren't gonna say good bye?" "I heard you got that job in Washington congratulations" "Thanks, but I wasn't gonna leave without saying goodbye"

"The Pentagon sees to it that I know more than you" "well ma'am it doesnt seem so in this case now does it?"

"Charlie: Excuse me Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?" "Yes ma'am. The data on the MIG is inaccurate"

"If the Government trusts me, maybe you could"

"No, actually I've only done this twice' Oh? How'd you do?' 'Crashed and burned on the first one. It wasn't pretty' 'The second?' 'I don't know, I'll tell you tomorrow. But it's lookin' good so far' "

Misc:
"30 seconds wolfman and I'm coming in...shutup (whistle)god you buttnose"

"Maverick, your at 3/4 of a mile, call the ball"

"god damnit thats twice, I want some BUTTS!"

"Jesu christ this guys good" "Damn this kids good"

"Cougar we've got to land this thing we are way low on gas do you understand me?"

"Wood you got em?" "Not yet I can't see em" "They must be close im getting [aroused]"

"The plaque for the Alternates is down in the ladies room' (Gooses laugh)"

"Hi its wolfman, Yeah..Mav just quit"

"Two of your snot noised jockeys did a fly by on my tower at over four hundred knots I want somebodies butt I want it now Ive had it God Damnit thats twice, I want some butts"

"You can be my wingman anytime" "Bull[crap], you can be mine"

"He went like this, we went like that, and I said to Hollywood "Where'd he go and Hollywood said "Where'd who go!"

---------------------------------------------
okay EP, it BETTER be in there somewhere!!!! :)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2002, 07:58 PM
So, can we start a new film, now? :eek: ;)
I'd go with "Welcome, to Jurassic Park!" :p

Kuzu
05-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
So, can we start a new film, now? :eek: ;)

O...O.....O i got one, **em **em**

"hold on to your butts":crazed:

bigbarada
05-19-2002, 07:53 PM
I'll start a tangent game going:

2. "This means something. This is important."

SWAFMAN
05-19-2002, 08:22 PM
BigB:
"I envy you, Mr Neary"

bigbarada
05-19-2002, 08:41 PM
Nope, sorry SWAFMAN, but at least you are in the right scene.:)

SWAFMAN
05-19-2002, 08:53 PM
"I just want to know that it's really happening."

(in one of the better early SNL sketches, Garret Morris play a Conehead answers this question to guest host Dreyfus with a perfectly delivered, "It's really happening!"

bigbarada
05-19-2002, 09:53 PM
**trying to figure out how to type that "wrong answer" buzzer sound - any ideas?**

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 01:23 AM
The answer was: "The plaque for the Alternates is down in the ladies room' (Gooses laugh)" (Except without the laugh) I'd cap the number of answers you can give, but Swaffy put so much effort into either TYPING all that, or cutting and pasting I'll give it to him. So let's compromise. Certainly drop more than one answer if you have one, but don't blantantly paste the entire screenplay into the thread, either.

Although you DID break the "never mention the title" rule, Swaffy, so I think you may be disqualified. ;)

Anyway, remember to number your guesses, folks. We have two games running simultaneously (And Bel Cam, Swaffy 'won' so HE should get to start the next one, although I think he has more fun guessing.)

1. "He left us! He left us!"
"But that's NOT what I'm going to do..."

2. "Maybe they'll come back tomorrow and I can do the other side of my face..."

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
**trying to figure out how to type that "wrong answer" buzzer sound - any ideas?**

XXX

As in "Swaffy the fist twenty pages of guesses were XXX but towards the end you were getting close."

It's also certainly up to the person to drop hints (IE ''Earlier in the movie'' or "You were so close with that one.") if they want. Remember, it's up to you guys to keep the game fun.

bigbarada
05-20-2002, 11:20 AM
1. "We have a T-Rex."

2. XXX try again, SWAFMAN is in the right part of the movie.

SWAFMAN
05-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Bigbarada:
2. : "Alright, let's say that this box car is sixty feet long, OK?, and one third of it is across this switch here, all right... And now another train is coming... Now, how far do you have to move this box car so that the other train doesn't smash it? Quickly Brad, there are thousands of lives at stake... Brad any answer..."

(I'll try a new one...)

Movie #3:

3. "A census taker once tried to test me..."

Bel-Cam Jos
05-20-2002, 12:38 PM
#3: "All that detail from memory, doctor?"

bigbarada
05-20-2002, 12:52 PM
1. "You never had control! That's the illusion!" (or something like that.

2. 4 wrong answers, six more tries. You're first two guesses were warm, SWAFMAN, but your last one was waaaay cold.

3. I don't think I've seen this movie, I don't recognize the quotes.

SWAFMAN
05-20-2002, 01:11 PM
2. "Keep watching the skies..."

3. Bel-Cam Jos, right film, but you're cold on the quote! Bigbarada, keep watching, you'll figure out the film soon, I'll bet. :)

(added at 16:30 - I'm checking the replies often, if I don't give a no soon, it probably means "keep trying." I don't want to post a "no" after each reply, or we may get into another post-padding debate with the moderators!)

RooJay
05-20-2002, 03:22 PM
3 - "I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2002, 09:54 AM
1. "Big Tim, the human piece of toast."

2. "Can I have your mash potatoes?"

3. "Oh wait, was she a great big fat girl?" (PS Thanks RooJay. I had no clue what film that was until your quote. Now I go back and read the others, it seems so obvious.)

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 10:42 AM
1. "They're moving in herds. They do move in herds."

2. 5 wrong guesses (one last clue - it makes reference to a real life historical character)

3. still stumped on the movie being quoted.

RooJay
05-21-2002, 02:51 PM
3 - "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
I know I'm giving away the movie with this one, but I can't think of any good quotes!;)

RooJay
05-21-2002, 02:53 PM
How 'bout this one?
3 - "Who can say? Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere."

SWAFMAN
05-21-2002, 05:06 PM
five guesses, so far, on #3. Keep trying. We go to 10 guesses, right? So far, no one is very warm. at all.

re: BCJ's post below......
still cold, cold, cold.
I don't wanna give this away, so all I'll say is that I've discussed this flick in old posts, and the best clue is in the views I've expressed there.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
five guesses, so far, on #3. Keep trying. We go to 10 guesses, right? So far, no one is very warm. at all.
OHHHHHHH! I went back and read "the rules." I kept wondering, SWAFMAN, why I and the others were wrong. We gotta guess YOUR quote in your head! So THAT'S why you went with the shotgun quote post; to ensure you'd get it right eventually.

(Bel-Cam has "Duh!" tatooed to his forehead, and upside down on his chin so he can read it himself) :rolleyes:

Then, how about: "What did Miggs say, Multiple Miggs, in the other cell. What did he say to you?"

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 12:49 AM
Okay, I now know what #3 is, too bad I haven't seen that movie in over ten years.:(

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 09:59 AM
1. So have we been guessing a quote you don't even have BCJ? :rolleyes: "After careful consideration...I have decided NOT to endorse your park." "So have I."

2. I admit, without watching the film again, I am plum out of quotes from this film.

3. 'Where will it tickle you senator?"
3a. "Oh and Senator? Looove the suit."

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Since I want to start a new game, and no one seems to have any new ideas, here's the quote I was thinking of:

"Einstein was probably one of them."

Okay, new movie for the #2 slot:

2. "I wouldn't venture out there boys, this guy's got talent."

I think we should allow multiple guesses, but no more than five at a time. Just cuz no one has actually guessed a right answer yet.

SWAFMAN
05-22-2002, 03:50 PM
It doesn't look like anyone's gonna get mine. The answer to #3 is:
"It puts (rubs?) the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose."

(see, I always thought Levine's Gumb character was WAY underrated in that film.)

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 03:59 PM
I would've needed to see that movie again, SWAFMAN, before being able to come up with some quotes. Are you going to start with a new movie?

1. "Don't get cheap on me, Dodson. That was Hammond's mistake."

SWAFMAN
05-22-2002, 07:33 PM
I'll just play the existing game....

1. life finds a way.

??

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Patience. Patience. Eventually it gets guessed.

That's my favorite Ted Levine role, SWAF. :)

1. "Is that heavy?" "Yes." "Then it's expensive, put it down."
1a. "I'm not a computer nerd. We prefer the term hacker."
1b. "I bring scientists. You bring a rock star."
1c. "Think THAT'll be on the tour?"

2. :confused:

A new #3: "Where'd you get the coconuts?"

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 08:07 PM
2. another quote for a clue: "There's no easy way to put this, so I'll just say it...Your brothers are dead."

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 11:42 PM
1. "It's a UNIX system. I know this." ( I keep wondering if BCJ even HAS a second quote for us to guess...)

2. "All we can do here today is die..."
2a. " You know what? You're a genius. That's Rienne and it's French."
2b. "That's why we don't take children!"
2c. "Der Statue of Liberty ist Kaput." "That's very discincerting."

bigbarada
05-23-2002, 06:13 PM
2. XXX
2a. XXX
2b. XXX
2c. XXX

Bel-Cam Jos
05-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
1. "It's a UNIX system. I know this." ( I keep wondering if BCJ even HAS a second quote for us to guess...)
I put in a similey after it, EP, and the quote was so blantant (hey, the movie title is given! ) that I assumed y'all knew I was kidding.
By Bel-Cam Jos:So, can we start a new film, now? ;)
So...
First of all, uh, bigbarada you win. :rolleyes: Whatever.
Second of all, I owe you a BSLOS...
"Eating seeds is a past-time activity..." Sorry :(
Third of all, omit my quote from the game, so it'll make more sense now.

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 12:09 AM
I win? Yaaaay! I WON!!! Um, what did I win?

So is my movie the only one in play right now?

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2002, 10:18 AM
I started a new number three...so I'll start a new number one.

1. "That's a nice outfit...did your husband give it to you?"

guesses for #2...

2. "Uhhh..I looked FUBAR up in the dictionary and there's no FUBAR..."
2a. "This mission is a serious misallocation of military resources."
2b. " Great. Now we have to surrender our socks."

3. "Good idea, o lord!" "Of course it's a good idea!"

RooJay
05-24-2002, 03:27 PM
2 - "Betty Grable; nice gams! Betty Boop; what a dish!..."

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 04:23 PM
1. ? - I'll need to hear some guesses from others to figure out which movie you are talking about. It does sounde vaguely familiar.
2. Nope, all wrong.
3. "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

SWAFMAN
05-24-2002, 06:43 PM
1. "You're not Superman, you know." (is this the correct movie?)

2. "Smell that leg right there. Find out if it's smells of cheese. "

3. "I don't want to go on the cart!"

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 10:10 AM
You got it SWAF! (the movie, not the right quote)

2. "Don't do it, Sean! You're a young man!"
2a. "That boy is alive. And we are going to get him the hell, out of there."
2b. "Is that a souvenir, private?"

bigbarada
05-25-2002, 06:46 PM
1. Oh that movie, ummmm......haven't seen it yet; but I'll use something from the trailers: "What is that?"

2. XXX to all, it is a pretty long movie so there are plenty of possibilities. Hint #2 - it is in the first half hour of the film.

3a. "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
3b. "I shall call up your sister and request ssssilly things."
3c. "I fart in your general direction."
3d. "No go away or I shall taunt you a second time."

browndroid
05-26-2002, 12:00 AM
oh i know the movie...havent seen it yet...ARGH....i havent a clue

RooJay
05-26-2002, 05:50 AM
3 - "You shall bring us...a SHRUBBERY!"

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 09:15 AM
2. "You're mother would be very upset if she saw you doing that."
2a. "I thought you were my mother."
2b. "Clear those murder holes and I'll see you on the beach!"
2c. " All the armors foundering in the channel."
2d. " Orders, sir! You go somewhere else. I'm clearing this one!"
2e. "Cat-F Cat-F. Dog one is not open. I say again, Dog one is NOT ope..."

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 04:28 PM
2a. "I thought you were my mother."

DING!DING!DING!DING!DING! What do we have for him, Johnny?:)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to actually guess one right. So since you already have a movie in play, EP, can I start a new one?

Eternal Padawan
05-27-2002, 01:32 AM
You may.

Since I am running two right now. You guys can actually start two more (being #'s 2. and 4.) so I have something to do while you're trying to guess mine.

Have at thee!

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 05:09 AM
Okay, here goes (I've only seen this movie once so forgive me if I miss a couple words here and there):

2. "What's wrong with this caravan?" "Nothing, it's tip-top. I'm just not sure about the colour"

Eternal Padawan
05-27-2002, 10:10 AM
(if this is the right film...)

2. "D'y'like dags?"
2a. "What have you done Tyrone?"
2b. "Yes, Tyrone, what have you done?"
2c. "Sugar?" "No thanks, Turkish. I'm sweet enough."

By the way, nice touch..."colour" ;)

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 11:31 AM
(if this is the right film...)

2. "D'y'like dags?"
2a. "What have you done Tyrone?"
2b. "Yes, Tyrone, what have you done?"
2c. "Sugar?" "No thanks, Turkish. I'm sweet enough."

By the way, nice touch..."colour" ;)

I wanted to type "spoken with a British accent" but I thought that was too much of a giveaway. So I used the British spelling of color. I didn't expect anyone to notice.:sur:

BTW,XXX x4.:)

SWAFMAN
05-27-2002, 12:42 PM
(guesses for film #2...)

Customs official: Do you have anything to declare, sir?
Avi: Yeah. Don't go to England.
(that's my favorite line in the film)

Avi: What should I call you? Bullet? Tony?
Bullet Tooth Tony: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

Bullet Tooth Tony: You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

SithDroid
05-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Well, sorry EP I haven't been checking the boards the past couple of days and just now caught up with the game. Let's see, some guesses:

1a. This will give it away, "With great power, comes great responsibility."
1b. "Don't tell Harry."
1c. "You are amazing."
1d. "I think I have a super hero stalker."
1e. "I loved you as Cinderella."
1f. "I had a bite."

I hope one of those is right.

2a. "ah, periwinkle blue."
2b. "why do they call him bullet tooth." "because he dodges bullets."
2c. "we are f****d."
2d. "yeah dad, ya told us."

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 06:26 PM
2. keep trying

3. "Welcome to the castle Anthrax!"
3a. "Someday son, all this will be yours!" "The curtains?"
3b. "Ours is such a dull (?) existence. Bathing, dressing, undressing, knitting exciting underwear."

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 09:16 PM
2. "Yeah, Tommy. Before ze germans get here..."

SWAFMAN
05-28-2002, 09:19 PM
2a: No, Tommy. There'a a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers?

2b. If I throw a dog a bone, I don't wanna know if it tastes good or not.

2c. Who took the jam outta your doughnut?

Eternal Padawan
05-29-2002, 08:34 AM
2. "And a Pikey Reaction is quite a thing."

bigbarada
05-30-2002, 12:16 AM
I'm checking this thread everyday to see if anyone has guessed it. Not yet. I'll pipe in again when someone gets it right or I come up with some more quotes for the other movies.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 08:27 AM
2. "You idiots. You could not mention my name."
2a. "All. Bets. Are. Off."
2b. "It was a funny angle."
2c. "Lost him?? He's not a set of car keys..."

SithDroid
05-30-2002, 12:07 PM
1a. "Back to Formula."
1b. "Sorry I'm late Aunt May, work was murder."
1c. "Who am I? You're sure you want to know? My If someone told you I was this ordinary guy with not a care in the world, then someboby lied." I think that's right off the top of my head.
1d. "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water sput, down came the goblin and wiped the spider out."
1e. 'We can go out for lunch some evening."
1f. "Somebody's got to stop it."
1g. "Can S******** come out and play." (I don't know why I did that, the movie should be fairly obvious to everyone by now.)
1h. "S******* hero, or menace."
1i. "Cr*p, Cr*p, Cr*p, I'll give you $200 for them. O.K. make it $300, that's a standard freelancing fee."

Am I getting close?

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 03:19 PM
1i is pretty close (as in right character, wrong quote)

bigbarada
05-30-2002, 03:24 PM
EP, 2c of your last one was very close, same character different quote.

SWAFMAN
05-30-2002, 05:42 PM
2. "It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come from behind ya."

SWAFMAN
05-30-2002, 05:48 PM
2a. "It's too tight."

SithDroid
05-31-2002, 12:43 AM
1a. "I'll make him infamous."
1b. "Whatever's cheapest."
1c. "Give him 15% percent off, better make it 10."
1d. "Speaking it is Slander. In print, it's liable." (I'm not 100% sure of the exact quote.)

Eternal Padawan
06-08-2002, 10:00 AM
2. "Always beware of a man who owns a pig farm."

SWAFMAN
06-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Movie #2:
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 09:33 AM
Still, no correct answers.:p

SWAFMAN
06-09-2002, 12:43 PM
2:
Mickey: I bet ya can box a little, can't ya sir? Aye, you look like a boxer.

if that's not it, then I give up. We've already posted every line from the film that doesn't contain a swear word.

die-jarjar-die
06-09-2002, 09:17 PM
1a. He's fleeing the scene, what's that tell ya?
1b. Then why does he wear a mask? What's he got to hide?
1c. Which ever ones cheaper!
1d. Sold out?
1e. Move Conway to page 7. Make that page 8 & give him 10% off, ahh give him 5%.

2. How long for those sausages? (only thing I could remember hahaha)

3a. how do you know hes a King?
3b. stay brave sir knight & give us oral pleasure

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 08:38 AM
2. okay the quote I was thinking of was "Didn't see it? It's a four-ton truck, not a bag of ****ing peanuts!" I didn't know we couldn't pick quotes with swear words. Sorry.:(

New movie:
2. "We stick to the plan, the plan is for the gold."

Eternal Padawan
06-10-2002, 11:00 AM
2. (I hope this is the right movie...)"How long is a chinaman's name?"

And feel free to start more games you guys. The more the merrier...

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 11:16 AM
I don't think you have the right movie EP.

Here's another quote, to help you out: "I love United States of Freedom!" "Yeah, I love United States of Freedom, too."

AT-AT Man
06-11-2002, 01:38 AM
"We three kings be stealing the gold, all my friends all drive porches, got to get me one too." don't know if the last half of it is right, but what the hell i gave it my best.

RooJay
06-11-2002, 03:14 AM
I'd just like to go on record stating how much I love that movie! A modern masterpiece mad all the more poignant after the event of last September, in my opinion.

bigbarada
06-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Yes, it is a great movie. One of my all time favorites, and having been in the military I can honestly say that film has the most accurate portrayal of the modern soldier's attitude.

SithDroid
06-11-2002, 06:58 PM
1a. "I trust my barber."
1b. "If we can get a picture of Julia Roberts in a thong, we can get a picture of this weirdo."

Eternal Padawan
06-11-2002, 08:20 PM
You are soooooo close Sith Droid. You are running out of quotes, so you'll soon hit it! Keep trying!

2."Like the littel cubes you put in soup?"
2a."No. Not like the little cubes you put in soup..."

And someone feel free to start another game. Or guess #3...

AT-AT Man
06-12-2002, 12:10 AM
ok new one

Take one step and i'll bite ya in the canollies.

SithDroid
06-14-2002, 01:17 AM
1a. "I'll tell you what atticus, you take the pictures and I'll make up the headlines. That ok with you. Goody!"
1b. "Meat. I'll send you a nice box of Christmas meat. That's the best I can do."

SithDroid
06-15-2002, 12:41 PM
1. "Hoffman, call the patent office and have them copyright the name G**** G*****, I want a quarter evertime someone says it."

Eternal Padawan
06-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
1. "Hoffman, call the patent office and have them copyright the name Green Goblin, I want a quarter evertime someone says it."

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winnah! Congratulations on your very first victory, SithDroid. You may now start the next game #1.

SithDroid
06-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Hurray! It's about time. I thought I'd never get to it. Ok a new game number 1. How about we go with:

"Why Kate, you're not wearing a bustle. How lewd."

RooJay
06-16-2002, 06:18 PM
#1 - "I'm your huckleberry."
#1 - "I have two guns; one for each of ya."

SithDroid
06-16-2002, 08:15 PM
Not quite that easy Roojay. Those are great quotes though. Keep trying. I love your Roger Ebert signature line Roojay. I used to work in a video store and I always wanted to strangle the moronic customers who couldn't grasp the concept of widescreen.

SWAFMAN
06-16-2002, 09:01 PM
1: "You're no daisy"

RooJay
06-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Thanks SithDroid! I actually got it from fellow forumite JarJarBinks! I thought it was so cool, I asked him if I could use it!:D

SithDroid
06-19-2002, 01:36 AM
EP I'm waiting for your guesses.

Eternal Padawan
06-19-2002, 09:03 AM
I need to go back and watch it again before I can come up with some really good ones...

Darth Shifty
06-19-2002, 12:00 PM
1a. Not me. I'm in my prime.
1b. You know, Frederic ****ing Chopin.

Wooooof
06-19-2002, 04:05 PM
ooh, ooh! I want to start a new game:

"Rollo Tomasi":dead:

;)

SithDroid
06-19-2002, 05:43 PM
Nice try Darth Shifty, keep guessing. Someone will eventually hit it.

Darth Shifty
06-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Darn! I was hoping it was the Chopin line. How about:

1c. Wyatt, you're an oak.
1d. In vino veritas. (so on and so forth)

Eternal Padawan
06-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Wooooof
ooh, ooh! I want to start a new game:

"Rollo Tomasi":dead:

;)

Oh goodie!

5. "LAPD, GONK!bird. Hit the road or I'll have your wife come pick you up."
5a. "Officer." "Comissioner."
5b. "A hooker cut to look like Lana Turner is still a hooker..."

SithDroid
06-19-2002, 11:40 PM
No and no Darth Shifty. Keep trying.

SithDroid
06-19-2002, 11:42 PM

Oh goodie!

5. "LAPD, GONK!bird. Hit the road or I'll have your wife come pick you up."
5a. "Officer." "Comissioner."
5b. "A hooker cut to look like Lana Turner is still a hooker..."

Hmmm, I wonder why Eternal Padawan is so excited about this one.;) :D

bigbarada
06-20-2002, 12:41 PM
Sorry, EP, no correct gues......

oops.....

**ahem**

Wooooof
06-20-2002, 12:46 PM
Sorry, Eternal Padawan, no correct guesses yet; I'm not going to give any clues this time either since I know you have probably seen this movie a million times.:)

Darth Shifty
06-20-2002, 03:11 PM
Ok, here we go again...

1e. He was quoting the bible. Revelations: "Behold a pale horse. And the one that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him."

1f. You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?

1g. I said throw down, boy.

DarthBrandon
06-20-2002, 03:24 PM
1. Why Ed Bailey you look like your bout ready to burst
2. Why Ed Bailey we crossin.

Eternal Padawan
06-20-2002, 05:04 PM
2. "Fleur de lis. Whatever you desire."
2a. "Be sure to hold your badge up high. So they know you're a cop."
2b. "I was thinking of doing an all hop-heads issue."

SithDroid
06-20-2002, 06:38 PM
No correct guesses yet, keep trying.

Darth Shifty
06-21-2002, 11:23 AM
Am I even close on any of these?:confused:

Darth Shifty
06-21-2002, 11:32 AM
Let's try...

1h. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
1i. I'm getting tired of your gas, jerk that pistol and go to work.
1j. Sorry Johnny, forgot you were there. You may go now.\
1k. Very cosmopolitan.
1l. Listen here Law Dog, law don't go 'round here. Savvy?

SithDroid
06-23-2002, 11:05 AM
No correct guesses yet.

Darth Shifty
06-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Ok, SithDroid...

1m. I'll be damned... You may indeed, if you get lucky.
1n. I already did it.
1o. He reminds me of...me. No, I'm sure of it. I hate him.
1p. The last ride of Wyatt Earp and his Immortals.

SithDroid
06-25-2002, 10:40 PM
No, not yet. I'm sure you'll guess it eventually. Here's a hint:

1o. is the right character.

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 11:56 AM
I've almost made it through the alphabet, SithDroid...

1q. Poor soul, he was so high strung. Afraid the strain was more than he could bear.
1r. Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave.
1s. My hipocrisy only goes so far.
1t. Johnny, you're no daisy. No daisy at all.

SithDroid
06-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Sorry, no correct guesses yet, but I'm sure you're going to get it.

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 06:05 PM
*Sigh* I'll try again tomorrow. If I make it through the alphabet without getting it, I give up.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Is anybody at least getting warm?! At least let us know if we're getting close!

SithDroid
06-27-2002, 12:58 AM
I said that he had the right character. All you need to do is find out which quote they said.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 01:09 AM
He said a lot in that movie. What happened to letting us know when we're getting close?

Darth Shifty
06-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Here it is, Shifty's last ditch effort. Had to consult a script online for these last one's. If it's not one of these, then this isn't my game - maybe I'll try a spelling contest. :)

1u. Sly boots, must be a peach of a hand.
1v. Well call me a fool, I'll just have to call.
1w. Are we cross? (taps gun handle)
1x. If I thought you weren't my friend, I don't think I could bear it.
1y. I said poker's an honest trade. Only suckers buck the tiger.
1z. Forgive me if I don't shake hands.
1!. Watch your ear, Creek
1@.Pure as the driven snow, I'm sure
1#. Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
1$. Maybe poker's not your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest.
1%. Then again, you may be the Anti-Christ.
1^. You call that shooting?

SithDroid
06-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
1$. Maybe poker's not your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

Congradulations Darth Shifty, you win. I knew you'd get it. Sorry it took a while for you to get it, but the point of the game is not to pick the MOST obvious lines. Now you get to start a new game number one.

Darth Shifty
06-28-2002, 11:54 AM
Whew, I was getting worried. I love that move. Now I know the entire script by heart. :) That's one thing about Doc Holliday's lines in Tombstone - they're all good.

Darth Shifty
06-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Ok, new game. This one shouldn't be as long as the last.

1. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.