PDA

View Full Version : New Special Figure with Old Style Card ?

sunblind
05-13-2002, 08:58 AM
Wouldn't it be a cool idea to have a special figure made (who knows which one) put on the old style card like back in the day with Star Wars, Empire and ROTJ? I love that style of carded figure. I wish they'd get back to full pictures and black background.
Anyone else wish for a special figure w/ old background?

brentfett
05-13-2002, 09:10 AM
I agree. I think none of the cards have been as eye catching or appealing since the vintage ones.

JediBoulton
05-13-2002, 10:51 AM
I agree - back with the old style cards !! -- Also, with the old style cards, it was a loteasier to browse through those over stacked pegs to try and fing the figure you wanted -- just look for that picture and get the figure ---

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-13-2002, 11:16 AM
I started a thread like this last week and I would love a series of the 1st 12 figures, resculpted and put on vintage style cards. thats a true 25th anniversasy edition not the crappy box figures.

I would love to see at least a luke Akywalker done like this with a new photo on the card.....I look at all my vintage carded figs a whole lot more than the new ones...they are just so much more interesting

Jpalisi
05-13-2002, 11:39 AM
i agree as well,
it would be great to have the 12 figs(or even one) put on the old cards, the vintage cards were sooo cool and would be a welcome addition to my collection

jedi_uk73
05-13-2002, 11:46 AM
The cards maybe old style, but they are still the best.

Many of us 'old timer' collectors grew up with these, none of the current cards have come close.

sunblind
05-13-2002, 01:36 PM
I love this idea. You'd think someone in the marketing dept. or who every decides would have thought of it.

CooLJoE
05-13-2002, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure about re-releasing the vintage ones, but maybe re-release the POTF/POTF2/POTJ sculpts and put them on old style cards. Ones like Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Vader, Obi, C3PO, R2D2, Yoda. Those would be cool.

Jpalisi
05-13-2002, 10:08 PM
that would look really cool with the new ultra defined figures on the old card and i would buy them all, but nothing can replace the actual vintage figures in there boxes