View Full Version : New Special Figure with Old Style Card ?

05-13-2002, 09:58 AM
Wouldn't it be a cool idea to have a special figure made (who knows which one) put on the old style card like back in the day with Star Wars, Empire and ROTJ? I love that style of carded figure. I wish they'd get back to full pictures and black background.
Anyone else wish for a special figure w/ old background?

05-13-2002, 10:10 AM
I agree. I think none of the cards have been as eye catching or appealing since the vintage ones.

05-13-2002, 11:51 AM
I agree - back with the old style cards !! -- Also, with the old style cards, it was a loteasier to browse through those over stacked pegs to try and fing the figure you wanted -- just look for that picture and get the figure ---

05-13-2002, 12:16 PM
I started a thread like this last week and I would love a series of the 1st 12 figures, resculpted and put on vintage style cards. thats a true 25th anniversasy edition not the crappy box figures.

I would love to see at least a luke Akywalker done like this with a new photo on the card.....I look at all my vintage carded figs a whole lot more than the new ones...they are just so much more interesting

05-13-2002, 12:39 PM
i agree as well,
it would be great to have the 12 figs(or even one) put on the old cards, the vintage cards were sooo cool and would be a welcome addition to my collection

05-13-2002, 12:46 PM
The cards maybe old style, but they are still the best.

Many of us 'old timer' collectors grew up with these, none of the current cards have come close.

05-13-2002, 02:36 PM
I love this idea. You'd think someone in the marketing dept. or who every decides would have thought of it.

05-13-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure about re-releasing the vintage ones, but maybe re-release the POTF/POTF2/POTJ sculpts and put them on old style cards. Ones like Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Vader, Obi, C3PO, R2D2, Yoda. Those would be cool.

05-13-2002, 11:08 PM
that would look really cool with the new ultra defined figures on the old card and i would buy them all, but nothing can replace the actual vintage figures in there boxes