PDA

View Full Version : helping kid out with SW problem

meltdown
05-13-2002, 01:51 PM
well I went to TRU today and while looking through one of the bins of figures next to customer service a lady and her son walked in to return a jedi starfighter. I was digging for a while and couldn't help but notice that the reason why she was returning it was because she couldnt get the side panels to stay attached to the ship, even after opening a new one and trying that one too.

So feeling generous, I walked up and said "I might be able to help you with that". They were more than happy to let me. I knew what the problem was because I had the same one with my ship and explained that if you take an exacto knife and make the angle on the hooks on the panels a little sharper the mechanism will be able to hold on better and the panels wont pop off so easy.

to my surprise the employee behind the counter pulled out a razor blade and asked me to try and fix it right there(on the one that was being returned, of course) so I took a second and trimmed the hooks and it worked perfectly, both the lady, son and employee were very happy and I felt good for helping someone out.

so incase anyone else is having that problem that is what you can do.

on a side note about the "jango fett slave 1" has anyone noticed that the ship has a hard time sitting without leaning forward, because the weight distribution is way off so it just falls foreward.

also there is a hole on the side of the ships haul very similar to the one on the jedi starfighter that is supposed to hold obi-wan pilot's radar dish, wonder if it is for something coming up.

I just wanted to share, thanks for listening

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 03:01 PM
welcome meltdown,and thanks for that.
THAT is the way it should be.Have you heard about taking the front screws out and it also fixes the problem.Some one posted that here a couple days ago.I can't address the slave on issue because mine's still on layaway.The hole has something to do with Obi wan.An different assy, I think.Tring to avoid possible spoilers.Again welcom and I hope to see you around again

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by meltdown
on a side note about the "jango fett slave 1" has anyone noticed that the ship has a hard time sitting without leaning forward, because the weight distribution is way off so it just falls foreward.

also there is a hole on the side of the ships haul very similar to the one on the jedi starfighter that is supposed to hold obi-wan pilot's radar dish, wonder if it is for something coming up.

I just wanted to share, thanks for listening

First off, congrats on being so helpful and friendly. It's good to hear stories like this!:)

I'm not sure what you mean about Slave 1 falling over though; how are you standing it up? The only position it's designed to stay by itself in is flat on it's back, as is the proper landing position.

The hole in the side was brought up in a previous thread, so you might search for it to hear some peoples thoughts about it's use. The general assumption is that a future figure will come with an accessory that plugs into the hole, just like the transmitter dish with the Pilot Obi Wan figure plugs into the Starfighter.

But so far there hasn't been any announcement or picture of what this may be, so it's possible that Hasbro won't follow up on it. Only time will tell.:)

Beast
05-13-2002, 04:15 PM
The blast effect from the super battle droid fits in the Slave 1 hole, it's the only one currently that I know off that has a peg on it. Perhaps a future figure will have a peg blaster effect as well that looks better attached. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Maybe you're supposed to plug Jango's pack into the side to give it an extra kick. :D

pthfnder89
05-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Maybe you're supposed to plug Jango's pack into the side to give it an extra kick. :D

Or maybe stick his head on it for a bit of scary decoration.

Dengar "Watch out, it's the Headless Bounty Hunter!" :D

I tried out the Super Battle Droids blast effect, but didn't think it looked good at all. (then again, I don't think it looks good on the SBD either, so I'm probably biased:)) Personally I'm hoping that a future figure has a better accessory for it.

meltdown
05-13-2002, 04:34 PM
the way I am standing it is in the landing position(like when han solo was brought on board in empire) but it feels as though the weight it up front so instead of using the clear handle and the 2 thrusters to stand on it tends to sit on the 2 thrusters and the very front rounded part or the ship (where the loading ramp would be if it had a functional one in other words toward the damage effects)

as long as I am here, does anyone else's wing things not stay in very well, (the top stabalizer peg, the copper colored area not the yellow one) I figured it was like that on all of them but if the weight isn't being found by anyone else than I thought I would check on this too

I want to make sure I got a good one and not a defect!

Thanks for the help