PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon networks Custom action figure Contest

Paul-Kenobi
05-13-2002, 05:44 PM
at this site http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promotion/200205.hasbro/index.html

you must be 14 and under to enter if you win the grand prize you get a Costom Figure of your self

200 2nt prize winners get a Deluxe Obi
300 3rd prize winners get GEONOSIS RESCUE MACE WINDU!

good luck everyone and may the force be with you

Beast
05-13-2002, 05:56 PM
Bah!! 14 and under, what a load of poodoo. If they wanna do somthing like this they should have an adult catagory as well. Oh well, atleast the figure won't be mass released so people can't complain about it clogging pegs. Instead they can complain how they can't have one. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
05-13-2002, 05:59 PM
i would kill to have a Kick *** figure of my self as a Jedi but this contest i don't know they don't even give you the rules

Lord Tenebrous
05-13-2002, 05:59 PM
I entered my cousin. She'd make a cute Jedi. :)

But for adult, three words..... comic. book. guy.

Beast
05-13-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
i would kill to have a Kick *** figure of my self as a Jedi but this contest i don't know they don't even give you the rules
They give you the rules, there is a little button right below the big Enter button on the page you linked to. Click it and it takes you to the rules page. Here is a link: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promotion/200205.hasbro/rules.html. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-13-2002, 06:16 PM
The approximate market value ("AMV") of the Grand Prize Winner's Jediš action figure is Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00).
I really like that, so Hasbro...if I give you $200 smackers and head out to Rhode Island, can I have a figure done of me also? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-13-2002, 06:23 PM
I say we protest because of the age discrimination.

CrossWizard
05-13-2002, 06:33 PM
And who said you gotta give them your correct age?

:D

Dak Powers
05-13-2002, 06:44 PM
lol, I'm 18 but I entered anyways :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Good thing I'm twelve!

And, in case you were wondering, I'm being serious.
I hope they give you two, one for the package and one to screw with!

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Ya know, they'll most likely just kit-bash a few Jedi pieces, sculpt your head, paint it badly, then toss it on the body. I wonder if they'll put gimmicks on it or not. :p

I thought the contest said 14 and over, eh oh well, I guess they just wanted to keep out the professional adult customizers who would most likely have the better work over kids since they'd probably have more access to better tools and such.

Wolfwood319
05-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Man, why is cartoon network wasting time with crap like this? They need to make figures of a lot cooler things than some wee tike that will probably just forget about the figure in a couple of years anyway.

I want my Aqua Teen Hunger Force action figure set!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

"Do what I say, cause I said it...."

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, did anyone see the commercial awhile ago for it on CN? It said "in theatres now" after talking about AOTC at the beginning. I think someone didn't read the date lables on the tapes... :rolleyes:

Beast
05-13-2002, 09:01 PM
LTBasker, it's not a customizing contest. They draw names, and if you win you get a custom action figure of yourself. They fly you to R.I. and real scan you, and then make a figure of you. Nothing more, nothing less.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
LTBasker, it's not a customizing contest. They draw names, and if you win you get a custom action figure of yourself. They fly you to R.I. and real scan you, and then make a figure of you. Nothing more, nothing less.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ah, that it? Well that's boring, although I guess it's a little better than working on a custom figure and then end up getting "ack, stepped on a tack!" Mace. :p