PDA

View Full Version : Initial Soundtrack themes

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-13-2002, 09:01 PM
What is the initial theme song to ANH and ROTJ?
I know that ESB is Impeial March, TPM is Duel of the Fates, and AOTC is the Love Theme. Anyone help?

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2002, 10:23 PM
I would have to venture the following:

Episode IV - "Force theme" (Ben Kenobi's theme)
Episode VI - "Luke and Leia" or "Parade of the Ewoks"

JEDIpartner
05-14-2002, 10:59 AM
I suppose, but there is a "Princess Leia's Theme" in ANH.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 11:05 AM
What do you mean by initial? Do you mean the first music you hear after the opening fanfare? Or do you mean the signature theme from the movie that identifues it from the other films?

Sith Lord 0498
05-14-2002, 11:47 AM
I think he means the signature theme, because he mentioned "Duel of the Fates" for Episode I and that's definitely not in the beginning of the film.

JEDIpartnr, good observation. I forgot about Princess Leia's theme. I might be wrong on this because I don't have the soundtracks on me at the moment, but didn't Williams subtly incorporate that theme into other cues throughout the movie? However, the Force theme was pretty prevalent in some key sequences. That would make it a signature theme more on the level of "The Imperial March", "Duel of the Fates", and "Anakin and Padme's Love Theme."

For Episode VI, I just guessed "Luke and Leia" and "Parade of the Ewoks" because they're given their own tracks on the CDs (at least some of them). And, yes, I realize that logic would make Leia's theme more of a signature theme than the Force theme, but the Force theme was still very prevalent in Episode IV.