PDA

View Full Version : Compilation of Reports

Jedi Clint
05-14-2002, 02:41 AM
The outline he wrote 30 years ago was very specific, Lucas said, so the segment of the story unfolding this week isn't much different from the one originally submitted to Fox executives. Because of budget restraints, Fox merely decided to shoot the end before the beginning.

Ahmed Best confirmed he will be back for Episode 3.

They interviewed Ewan McGregor and he answered in reference to a question about how much stunt work he would have in the new movie versus what he did in pt. 2. The end of the answer was "Obviously, it's no secret. But me and Hayden have this huge battle against each other in Pt. III. So I have to get ready for that."

McCallum said a report that Hugh Jackman would have a role was ''totally false".

"You get to understand the relentlessness that Boba has," McCallum says. "Here, and especially in ‘Episode III,’ you’ll understand why he’s so obsessed with destroying any part of the Skywalker family."

"George has told me nothing. Absolutely nothing," said Hayden shaking his head. "I'll have more mechanical parts in the next one for sure. I'm told I might get to sport the dark helmet.

"I'm going to be with child," said Portman patting her belly. "The next one, according to George, is going to be a tragedy. It's going to be sad, but I'm looking forward to having more to do."

C-3PO will be played by Anthony Daniels, despite the fact that Lucas has bragged to him that Threepio does exist in the computer so he had better be good. Also the film will be rated PG and the rocket technology seen in Epsiode II becomes obsolete.

In the final prequel, "armageddon" will take place. It was also revealed that pieces of Darth Vader's armor will be seen on several different characters. It will all come together to make the final Vader armor in Episode III. It was also said that they'll start work on Episode III pre-production in either the middle of June or mid-September depending on how long of a break is needed after Episode II. Bonnie Piesse and Joel Edgerton both said they have not filmed anything for Episode III and that they are not yet signed for it either.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Boba Fett is relentless for the Skywalker clan? Why? Mace kills his dad, and in the OT he's always after Solo. The Skywalkers have nothing to do with it.

jar jar in the next film.
Ewan and Hayden in a big fight.
Natalie is with child.
3PO is in the next film.

Those are pretty much no brainers.

I need to stop reading these spoiler sections...

Jedi Clint
05-14-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Boba Fett is relentless for the Skywalker clan? Why? Mace kills his dad, and in the OT he's always after Solo. The Skywalkers have nothing to do with it.

jar jar in the next film.
Ewan and Hayden in a big fight.
Natalie is with child.
3PO is in the next film.

Those are pretty much no brainers.

I need to stop reading these spoiler sections...

Nah! Give in to the Dark Side EP!

Yeah, I can't possibly imagine (even taking into account the events of AOTC) how we have ever seen Boba obsessed with the Skywalker family.

Sith Lord 0498
05-14-2002, 11:41 AM
I think I know where ol' Ricky boy is getting this information from.

Elan Sleazbaggano sold him A LOT of "death sticks", and he's been smoking them up daily. ;)

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Wait a minute, Edgerton and Piesse haven't filmed anything for Ep3? Umm, is it just me or does that throw a wrench in the idea that the Tatooine scene they filmed during principle photography was Obi-Wan giving baby Luke to Owen and Beru?

Jedi Clint
05-14-2002, 01:03 PM
I think it was just an exterior shot of Obi Wan walking toward/into the homestead. I might be mistaken, but it may have even been during a dust storm. There was a peice of fan art around the time that making of (with George saying he filmed one E3 scene) that had Kenobi delivering an infant in a sand storm. Not saying that proves anything, but that peice was sort of pushed by TF.net. I don't think Ewan even went to Tunisia. It wouldn't matter if it was an exterior shot of a robed and hooded Jedi carrying a bundle (through a sand storm) toward the homestead though.

Beast
05-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Yeah, I can't possibly imagine (even taking into account the events of AOTC) how we have ever seen Boba obsessed with the Skywalker family.
Most likely he is obsessed with the death of all Jedi, especially Mace for obvious reasons. I think Ricky boy really needs to shut his pie hole sometimes, as he seems to know less about what is going on then most of the fans do. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 07:59 PM
With technology nowadays, they could shoot the homestead exterior and digitally plop whoever they wanted in. Heck, they could even recreate the whole thing in the computer. Travelling all the way to Tunisia seems extraneous.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 09:23 PM
It's really only speculation that the Ep3 scene shot is the one where Obi-Wan drops off baby Luke. Who's to say it's not the scene where Obi-Wan goes to get Anakin for his "damn-fool idealistic crusade?" Sure we've talked about that scene being unnecessary; but who knows what ideas GL has got rolling around in his head?

Chaddymac
05-30-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm trying to find this report about the scene for EpIII filmed during EpII.

And, what "rocket technology" are they talking about?

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Chaddymac,

I have no idea what "rocket technology" they are talking about. I thought that seeing E2 would clear that up, but I am still unable to make the connection. The scene that has been filmed for E3 was filmed on location in Tunisia. It was probably filmed at the lars homestead. It has been rumored that it was a robed Jedi carrying a bundle toward the homestead.

Chaddymac
05-30-2002, 10:22 PM
Are you following me :)

Chewtobacco
05-30-2002, 10:29 PM
I think the "rocket technology" is the R2 rocket technology we saw in the battle droid factory. Perhaps it's makers forgot to put a gas cap on R2 and there's no way to refill his fuel tank? :)

Chaddymac
05-30-2002, 10:34 PM
It could be Jango Fett's heat seaking rockets...

That's a really lame spoiler. What the heckers is "rocket technology?"

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 11:24 PM
I think you nailed it Chewtobacco!

I'm not following you Chaddymac........any more than I "follow" everyone in the forums I moderate. ;)

Eternal Padawan
05-31-2002, 09:55 AM
When asked why R2 didn't use his rockets in the OT, George or somebody joked they only had a twenty year warranty. :P

chris
06-02-2002, 02:52 AM
Yeah, that was the excuse on Holonet news. You never know when you're gonna learn something new about star wars, i never new droids even came with warranties. I hope those battle droids are insured.

Laserbrain
06-03-2002, 04:31 PM
There were a bunch of rockets flying around in E2. A couple shot by Slave 1, and the Republic Gunships used rockets to blow power relays and the landed Trade Federation ship cores. They're seen a few times in the Battle of Genosis.

Oh, and Rick...

*waves hand discretely*

...you don't want to do any more interviews.

*waves hand discretely again*

You want to go home, and rethink your life...

gtrain29
12-27-2002, 03:59 PM
Yes, the "rocket technology" is obviously referring to all the ships being armed with rockets. Despite their destructive power, certain gunships can run out of rockets and not be able to shoot down certain evil Counts. That would be good enough reason for the rockets to become obsolete.

Tycho
12-31-2002, 12:14 PM
If Dooku is Anakin's father....that Boba Fett spoiler may be a clue Post #1

Rick McCallum has said that we'll learn why Boba Fett wants so badly to destroy ANY part of the Skywalker family.

Last time I checked, he could hate Jedi, because of them usurping the clones.

I also noticed that MACE WINDU killed his father, so there *might* be some personal feelings there.

But what does that have to do with the Skywalkers?

Skywalkers in the prequels:

Shmi Skywalker - deceased - probably had nothing to do with the Fetts.

Anakin Skywalker - Jedi, true, but had nothing to do with Jango's death or the usurping of the Clones as he was a prisoner awaiting execution on Geonosis. It IS TRUE that the Jedi's arrival with there, and the usurping of the Clones, were all part of a rescue operation which Skywalker benefitted from, but as Boba grows up, he could learn the Jedi only knew Obi-Wan was prisoner on Geonosis, and that their additional reason for coming in force was to prevent the Separatists from getting off planet with tons of battledroids to start a civil war with. Anakin has a minimal role in this whole thing. If Boba hates Jedi in general - fine. But the Skywalkers specifically? I don't see what they have to do with it.

Padme Skywalker - again, she was a prisoner the Jedi didn't even know was on Geonosis. Targeting her was the reason Jango was pursued by Jedi, but that's hardly her fault. In background reading material, Boba found her attractive, and also had some feelings that bordered on wanting her for his mother possibly. Strange as she was 24 in AOTC and would have had to have conceived him as a child when she was 14 (in TPM) to be his mother. Big Sis desire? I think he was confused because he had no mother figure in his life (he considered trying to adopt Zam Wessel, too - probably didn't even know she wasn't human) - but maybe it was just simple boy-loves-girl-attraction. This is not a reason to hate her - possibly for jealousy of Anakin Skywalker or any children Padme may have had with him though - especially since they would be Jedi.

Luke Skywalker - he's just a baby if Fett encounters him before "The Holiday Special." As stated before, only if Fett hated him because he's a Jedi, or Anakin's offspring with Fett's love-crush Padme, would Fett have any reason to personally hate Luke. It would make sense for a grudge harbored to trigger an intensity of his attack on the sailbarge, however everyone usually figures that was because he was paid to protect Jabba, and / or a live-capture of Luke could mean a bounty paid by Vader.

Leia Skywalker - he most likely never knows she's related to the family.

That brings us back to...

COUNT DOOKU - Fett has learned that Dooku hired Jango to make Clones for the Republic, then played off the Separatists to end up fighting these Clones and start a war, but he also had Jango working for the Separatists in a separate contract to kill Amidala. Dooku's manipulation of all these players in the puzzle (indirectly) led Jango to be killed. Jango never liked Dooku, as he was part of the Jedi Knights that once killed all the *new* Mandalorian Warriors, and left Jango to be sold into slavery. But Jango went where the money was. If Boba Fett learns that Dooku is Anakin's father, he might want revenge against the whole of their family, which through time has changed surnames three times from Dooku, to Skywalker, to Solo.

Theoretically, Boba Fett could want to kill Jaina Solo because she's a descendant of Count Dooku !

This is far-fetched, and even if Dooku is Anakin's father (for which there are a ton of other logical reasons to go that route with the story) why George would let Boba Fett know is beyond me.

However, it eleviates the need to expand on Han Solo and Fett's past history, because Luke traveled on the Millennium Falcon, and with a ton of X-wings leaving Hoth, it was more expedient to go after the Falcon and either get Luke, or use Han as bait. But Luke was then also Fett's hoped for target. The Empire just knew that he wouldn't be on that ship without Han - that is why "There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds Captain Solo and the Millennium Falcon."

To that end, Boba Fett will never know Darth Vader's true identity, I think.