PDA

View Full Version : Endor Rebel Soldier MiniReview

Jayspawn
05-14-2002, 02:44 AM
Woah! Things have been pretty busy with me latley. School has been killing me! But it's over in a few days and the rest of the days are easy ones. Episode II is just a few days away! Where did the time go? Alright, let's talk about toys!

Endor Rebel Soldier

- Likeness : This figure has the misfortune of being compared to the likness of Tom Green. I don't think so at all. To me he looks more like actor Rip Torn aka Zed from Men In Black. He has a good facial sculpt. Good one Hasbro! 5/5.

- Sculpt : Whats with this cool looking figure Hasbro? Pants, field jacket, helmet, all very nicely sculpted. Not to mention he looks great next to the previous Endor Soldier from POTF. Personally I really like the sculpt and paint application on his pants and jacket. Beautiful. 5/5.

- Articulation : We were blessed with 10 points of articulation on this guy. Each arm is articulated at the shoulder, elbow and wrist and it works very well for him, so he can hold his cool gun. Nothing special with his legs though, basic as you can get. 5/5.

- Accessories : This figure takes the taco when it comes to accessories. He has a removable helmet, which also looks great on him. A removable backpack, and a blaster rifle with blast effect that can of course be removed. He comes pretty well equiped. 5/5.
- Playability : He's almost stuck in an action pose. But it's neutral enough enough so he can do other things. He's not fragile, and he won't bend anyway if he ends up at the bottom of the Star Wars toy box, heaven forbid. Perfect for playing with and armybuilding. 5/5.

- Value : I got him at Wal-Mart for $5.88 which is more than a great price. You get a great figure with awesome accessories. This figure is worth it at even a higher retail price. 5/5.

OVERALL : Awesome figure. What else is there to say? Hasbro made a really great figure. Hasbro has shelled out some great figures with these Saga Star Wars figures. It's making future Star Wars figures more than promising. 5/5.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 05:10 PM
I've been looking forward to this guy for a while and I finally spotted him and Bespin vader this morning, so here he is. Your review is SPOT ON! I was really disappointed today because the figure I was *really* looking for is Besppin Luke, and he was nowhere to be seen. But after opening this fella I'm happier than I have been in a long time.

He's literally perfect

I can't think of a single thing that Hasbro realistically could have done to make a better Endor Rebel Soldier. Great job guys!

Jayspawn
05-20-2002, 05:58 PM
Thank you pthfnder89. I'll be doing a review of Bespin Luke soon!

bandontherun
05-25-2002, 12:16 PM
I kinda like the original one better, but this new one is great.

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 09:19 AM
I like him, but I have 2 minor complaints:

1. He is made of soft rubber. After I opened him, I was taking that clear rubber band off his rifle and hand and, oops, his forearm popped off. It popped right back in, but it seems loose. Not that big of a deal.

2. His plastic jacket negates any motion in his shoulders, so he can't surrender. Again, not that big of a deal.

Yes, I will still buy the other version of him when it comes out later this year.

pthfnder89
05-31-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I like him, but I have 2 minor complaints:

1. He is made of soft rubber. After I opened him, I was taking that clear rubber band off his rifle and hand and, oops, his forearm popped off. It popped right back in, but it seems loose. Not that big of a deal.

2. His plastic jacket negates any motion in his shoulders, so he can't surrender. Again, not that big of a deal.

Yes, I will still buy the other version of him when it comes out later this year.

Yeah, I noticed the loose arm thing to. My guys arms never came off but they do tend to slide out of the joint a little bit until I push them back in.

I noticed the jacket problem too but like you said it's not really a big deal. Especially since he's usually holding his rifle anyway and the jacket doesn't interfere with that.:)

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 04:22 PM
I like this figure real well, even though it's an action pose. The only complaint is the gun. What is up with the soft rubber weapons? I also will be getting the other version when it becomes available.

figrin bran
06-30-2002, 02:12 AM
i've noticed that on my endor soldier, both the left and right hands come off, revealing green pegs the same shape as the flesh peg bespin luke. anyone else finding this?

LTBasker
06-30-2002, 03:23 AM
Actually... his jacket is also removeable, which is why his arms weren't molded with the jacket sleeves on them. He looks great without his jacket, and it allows for extra movement. His pack doesn't go all the way to his back without the jacket, but it's ok. Also his torso seems skinny, but I'm sure they had baggy pants for protection of Endor's ground so twigs and stuff couldn't poke their knee which could cause them to yell-out and give away their location.

It takes a little to get the jacket off, it seems like it was mostly meant to stay on but could remove it if you wanted to like Nikto's cloak.

Only real beef I have with this figure is that it didn't come with more accessories like a couple grenades. Although since he's got a wrist communicator, you can make a nice scene with one (or more) Soldier covering another Soldier while he calls for back-up with his communicator. :D