PDA

View Full Version : Happy 58th Birthday George Lucas!!

Beast
05-14-2002, 03:26 AM
Just wanted to be the first here on the forums to start a thread, wishing the father of Star Wars a happy birthday. He has enriched not only most of our childhoods, as well as our adulthoods, but truely revolutionized the way that movies are made and marketed. I am sure that we are all better people, for the ethical lessons that the old trilogy, and the saga as a whole has contributed to mankind. To you Mr. Lucas, I tip my lightsaber in respect. May the Force be with you, always. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
05-14-2002, 05:54 AM
he's getting on in years isn't he? as long as he gets episode III out, i ok!

JEDIpartner
05-14-2002, 09:08 AM
He's looking a little better these days. He's not quite as heavy looking. Good for you George! Happy Birthday and thank you!

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Happy Birhtday George and thanks.
Now Give Chewie a cameo in epIII;)

Battle Droid
05-14-2002, 09:32 AM
Happy Birthday to The Great Flanneled One, may Episode 2 make Lucas tons of Moolah.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 10:00 AM
Happy birthday, George! Thanks for Star Wars!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-14-2002, 10:29 AM
Yes, Happy Birthday! And thanks for keeping flannel in fashion. Well, sort of.

Pendo
05-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Happy Birthday to you,
you were born in the zoo...

erm, never mind!

Happy Birthday George W. Lucas :D!!!!!

PENDO!

2-1B
05-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Don't you go dyin' on us! :(
:D

Happy birthday "Unca George"! Maybe Ricky will relay our b-day wishes to you since he claims you and he do not read websites even though he secretly does. :)

JetsAndHeels
05-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Happy Birthday George!! Thanks for making Star Wars and giving us all something to love!!
Many, many more to you!!

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 03:16 PM
I would like to take this time to reflect on how much GL has changed the industry aside from Star Wars.

Without him, movies would still be required by the Director's Guild to display the credits at the beginning of the film and not just jump right into the action. GL had to pay a fine and still got kicked out of the Director's Guild for putting the credits at the end of Star Wars.

He practically invented the idea of a movie soundtrack for non-musicals with American Graffiti and came up with a way to put original recordings on the soundtrack recording, instead of using a cover band.

He invented the "coming of age" movie with American Graffiti.

He reinvented movie merchandising. Which was considered a paria before SW's release.

He resurrected the special effects film, most studios had closed down their special effects departments when it came time for George to make Star Wars. Thus he had to build a special effects studio from scratch.

Along with John Williams, he made classical music popular again.

Recently he has destroyed the "Hollywood or Bust" attitude for big-budget movies. TPM was made completely with his own money, with no help from any studio. Thus making it the most expensive and most profitable independent film of all time.

He is now opening the doors for digital filming, encouraging a whole new generation of movie makers with events like the "Fan Film Awards" and "democratizing" the industry.

Happy Birthday George, and we thank you for all you have done to help move the film industry forward!:cool:

jedi_uk73
05-14-2002, 03:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE LUCAS

From me over in the UK.

Wookiee
05-14-2002, 04:12 PM
It's George Lucas' birthday today. Not sure how old he is, but I am sure he's a kid at heart.

Wookiee
05-14-2002, 04:13 PM
I need to read the threads more thouroughly before posting!

187-Maul
05-14-2002, 04:15 PM
well Happy Birthday Lucas and keep up the good work!

Dar' Argol
05-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Wookiee
I need to read the threads more thouroughly before posting!

No prob Wookiee, I merged them:D.

Happy Birthday George, ol' pal, ol' buddy.

Now Finish EIII and give us some after ROTJ:D.

browndroid
05-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Happy Birthday, live long and prospire, wait wrong movie...

JediTricks
05-14-2002, 10:38 PM
From Sunday's "Sealab 2021"...

It's your day, you're the V.I.P.;
you get the first slice, of the P.I.E.

Blow out your candles, make a wish;
put on a smile, it's your birthday b**ch!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!! :D