PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Wave

Darkross
05-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Anyone find the Bespin wave here in Canada yet? I'm especially looking for Bespin Luke and Bespin Vader. I could care less about Jango or Mace.

Bosskman
05-15-2002, 09:46 AM
I caved in and bought them on the net on 23 April. (just Vader and Luke) These are two figs I just couldn't wait for. I'm afraid we probably won't see them here, TRU in Saint John has a MASSIVE amount of the firt 2 waves of AOTC, so much so that a lot of them have been taken off the shelves. Walmart may offer some hope but I doubt it.

Amanamike
05-15-2002, 05:12 PM
I doubt well see them in Canada since hasbro still hates us. Well get the first wave in waves and waves and thats it. They dont seem to mind that US stuff sits in bins everywhere in TRU. Ohwell

jjreason
05-15-2002, 08:19 PM
I think Walmart is the best hope. Their stocking system keeps as much stock on the shelves as possible, limiting how much they have "in the back". If you see a Walmart get low, keep going there for a bit, and you'll see very new stuff come in. Good luck, Im dying for those 2 figures as well (especially that freakin' wicked bloody variant Luke!!!!! Has that been changed for good? Are there any of those still making it to retail??) and have my folks keeping their eyes peeled in Ontario (my only hope!).

FETT
06-04-2002, 12:07 PM
they'll have them at comic book shops like silver snail..keep the faith!!..what's so special about the bespin luke and vader???.....

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Bespin Luke and Bespin Vadar as well as the Final Battle Jango and Genosian Rescue Mace will hit stores on June 7th. (from what i was told)

Lets keep our canadian fingers crossed. :crazed:

Darkross
06-04-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by FETT
they'll have them at comic book shops like silver snail..keep the faith!!..what's so special about the bespin luke and vader???.....

Well...for a classic trilogy collector like me...their special! I've been waiting for these guys for a couple of months now and I was hoping to find them when the AOTC stuff came out, but have been unable to. Thanks for the heads up Sir Fanboy!

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Darkross,

np always a pleasure to help a fellow Candian collector.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that by June 20th (again from what i was told) everything should be out.
This includes Chewie, Han, Palpatine and the rest of the gang. Not sure if there all apart of the same wave but keep your eyes peeled by June 20th.:)

haggis
06-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Got the Bespin Vader in a trade(quite cool, especially the 'cloud city walkway pieces). Can't wait for that bloody Luke(pun intended)! The Mace Windu doesn't impress me. As far as I'm concerned, it's no better than the deluxe one. Cheesy poses with limited articulation. Sneak preview Mace and EP 1 Mace are still the best IMO. Final Jango is ok.
If anyone is in the Hamilton area and can't wait, Bountyhunter Toys has the Endor Soldier wave(Massif, Qui Gon, Orn Fre Taa). A little pricey $15, but it may save a lot of hunting. I'm just waiting for Hasbro Canada to pull the plug. Hope the new figure supply lasts longer than EP 1 stuff did.

FETT
06-07-2002, 06:47 PM
the palpatine and the mace are already out at silver snail as well, so no need to wait until june 20th for those...so was the deluxe anakin with genoshan warrior...gotta agree on the vader, it is pretty cool and it even has a force effect!!..ok lol it's magnet, but still pretty cool......i think the bespin might also be coming out next week, but don't quote me on that.....

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 02:52 AM
Bespin and Endor Raid is in S.J. Darkross.

Darkross
06-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Bespin and Endor Raid is in S.J. Darkross.

Thanks!

DarthBrandon
06-23-2002, 01:27 PM
No problem my friend.

FETT
06-24-2002, 03:26 PM
ok just went to a local walmart here in toronto....and they had 1 bespin luke.....when i called earlier this morning, the manager said he had 3-4, so this seems to be a VERY hot figure...also saw 3 orn free tas, 3-4 endor troopers, 1 busted up mace windu and quite a few taun wes and royal imperial guards......also, upon talking to a couple of other toy managers of walmart I learned that most of the shipments of figures have stopped entirely and only the "test" stores are still receiving shipments...which explains why places such as st johns are receiving figures b4 toronto is.....what i realized was that if the figures sell well at these "test" stores, they get shipped to the other ones......so...look around for these stores and you should have luck finding whatever figure you are looking for...

DarthBrandon
06-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by FETT
ok just went to a local walmart here in toronto....and they had 1 bespin luke.....when i called earlier this morning, the manager said he had 3-4, so this seems to be a VERY hot figure...also saw 3 orn free tas, 3-4 endor troopers, 1 busted up mace windu and quite a few taun wes and royal imperial guards......also, upon talking to a couple of other toy managers of walmart I learned that most of the shipments of figures have stopped entirely and only the "test" stores are still receiving shipments...which explains why places such as st johns are receiving figures b4 toronto is.....what i realized was that if the figures sell well at these "test" stores, they get shipped to the other ones......so...look around for these stores and you should have luck finding whatever figure you are looking for...

NO NO NO Fett, it's Saint John, N.B. not Saint Johns Newfoundland. Just thought I'd let you know.

FETT
06-26-2002, 07:15 PM
ok thx......went on a lil search today too and TRU is finally getting some new figures as well..went to four and one of them had 2 obi wans, 3-4 lukes, 2 hans, 6 windus..no vaders or jangos tho >_<.....and another zellers i went to had a vader and a windu.....the other TRUS's I went to had ALL of the old figures..including SIX yodas O_O.......

DarthBrandon
06-27-2002, 08:14 PM
yeah, I guess it's the luck of the draw wherever you go.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 07:52 PM
i think the only place u can find them at is at comic stores....retail stores take forever to get the new waves in......thats IF they get these waves...i still have no luck in looking for bespin luke here but i'm still looking

FETT
06-29-2002, 08:17 PM
yah if you're willing to pay a couple more dollars, most comic stores should have them..BUT....a lot...all but one of the comic stores here in toronto are carrying star wars figures and they disappeared fast..REAL fast.in one week....not sure if they're gonna get anymore, but silver snail<the store> has been dried out lately...try zellers tho..saw LOTS and LOTS of the bespin wave there...

mabudonicus
06-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I'll second that- I got Bespin Vader for like 8 bucks cdn at zellers yesterday (fairview) they had HORDES of em. Good luck, you will find them. Stop relying on the snail... if you don't buy retail, they'll dry up completely again....WOOOOOOOO!!!!

FETT
06-30-2002, 05:09 PM
ahhhhhhhhh...they have a zellers at fairview mall??DOH..totally forgot about that.>_<...what else did they have there??...yah..snail isn't a good place to rely on since the good figures usually disappear right away..lol..plenty of jars jars tho!!! =P