PDA

View Full Version : Purple Lightsabers?

Sidiously Darth
05-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Ki-Adi Mundi's lightsaber also purple? If I remember, his lightsaber was that color in the comics and trade paperbacks he's been in. Oh, his Ep. I figure's lightsaber is purple, too.

Jonna
05-14-2002, 01:38 PM
While we are on the topic, Plo Koon's lightsaber is a completely different colour for the two figures that they make of him. I quess that Hasbro or what ever company that makes the product just guesses to what colour would look best if it is made before George decides and shows it in a movie.

Pendo
05-14-2002, 01:42 PM
I don't like the idea of all the Jedi (appart from Mace Windu) having just Blue or Green sabers :(. I'd like to see some colour variations going somewhere.
Wasn't Yoda's lightsaber originally yellow in other LucasArts products?

PENDO!

El Chuxter
05-14-2002, 02:08 PM
I think it boils down to this:
Hasbro, Dark Horse, Wizards of the Coast, DK, etc, etc, etc come up with colors for the lightsabers. Then, in AOTC, LFL disregards those. :)

We've been "misinformed" about the following lightsabers:
Mace: Was blue, now purple. However, the hilt is very different, and I read somewhere that Mace made a new one.

Ki-Adi: Was purple, now blue.

"Sassy" Tiin: Was blue-black, now green.

Adi Gallia: Was red, now green.

And let's not forget Yoda. All EU dealing with the time around TPM had him swinging a yellow lightsaber. Looks like it's green now.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey, Yoda's lightsaber isn't the only thing to change colors when the movies come out. The original ESB comic book adaptions gave Yoda purple skin, before the correct version of green.