PDA

View Full Version : TRU comics?

duckhunter
05-14-2002, 07:11 PM
Has anyone been able to get one yet? my local tru did not have them in yet.

RooJay
05-15-2002, 12:07 AM
Is this supposed to be an all new comic, or just the Dark Horse comic adaption with a new cover?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-18-2002, 08:42 PM
The comic giveaway at TRU starts Sunday May 19.

Taichi
05-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Okay, does anybody know what the hell the comic is???

if it's the AOTC Graphic Novel, what do I hafta do to get it!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-19-2002, 03:30 AM
There's supposed to be 4 comics, a different comic each week.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-19-2002, 03:30 PM
I haven't read it yet, but the one I got today is about half-sized and titled "Full of Surprises." It's about 10 pages long, and says "1 of 4." The action figure poster you get free is cool, too. All for just buying a Coruscant Obi-Wan for $5.99! :)

RooJay
05-20-2002, 03:35 PM
O.k., so it's just a reprint of the Dark Horse movie adaption.

duckhunter
05-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Got mine today. It is not a reprint of the movie adaptation, it is a new story. Obi-wan in the jedi starfigther vs jango in slave 1. It is an ok story, not much too it though. Does anyone know when the other issues are due out?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-24-2002, 12:55 AM
I just got mine and thougt the 1 page comic w/ HD Anakin and the Reek was funny. I heard the next issue comes out Monday.

Jedi Master Zolbewan
05-26-2002, 12:03 PM
I read it when I got my Kit Fisto figure yesterday.
The TRU comic is about a space battle between Jango Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi in space.
It is not from the movie and I doubt that it fits anywhere in the SW timeline nor is it even EU.
It is merely an add for Saga toys with the last line," The force is in your hands."

El Chuxter
05-29-2002, 03:25 PM
I just read mine--there's no way it could fit into continuity whatsoever.

Unless we add this line:
BOBA: "Hey, dad, it's the guy you fought in space that time when you both spoke with stilted, cliched dialogue!"

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I just read mine--there's no way it could fit into continuity whatsoever.

Unless we add this line:
BOBA: "Hey, dad, it's the guy you fought in space that time when you both spoke with stilted, cliched dialogue!"
No, no, NO, Chuxter! It fits in after AOTC. Then it fits in perfectly with SW continuity! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 10:52 PM
The second comic is called "Most Precious Weapon," and it does fit into SW continuity. Not bad really, with some interesting tidbits.

Dooku Fett
06-02-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
The action figure poster you get free is cool, too. All for just buying a Coruscant Obi-Wan for $5.99! :)

I got the comic but not a poster. :(

AT-AT Man
06-02-2002, 01:06 AM
what is the second comic about.

SithDroid
06-02-2002, 01:50 AM
I bought two figures the other day and they forgot to give me my comic. I wonder if I went back and told them I didn't get one the first time if they would give me one, chances are they wouldn't, but I guess it would be worth a shot.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-02-2002, 07:32 PM
By AT-AT Man:
what is the second comic about.
The 2nd comic is from Count Dooku's perspective, and it occurs between the Dooku hanger duel and his return to Coruscant. It has some flashbacks and his thoughts about what just happened. Actually pretty cool.

By the way, I noticed that my comic was a little dinged up, so I wonder if the clerks were reading it while waiting to check out people. :eek: I had to ask for my poster also, but that was almost 2 weeks ago.

OC47150
06-11-2002, 08:59 AM
I have issues 1 and 2, and I got them at two different TRU. For issue 1, the comic was behind the service desk and I had to show my receipt to get one. For #2, the comics were sitting at the end of the checkout aisle, and I grabbed two.

I found the story in #2 more interesting than #1's.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Comic #3 seems to be harder to find. One TRU said "Oh, we sold out of that one awhile ago." Another said they still haven't got the third one in yet. I wanna know how it ends! :frus: :rolleyes: Is it really one new comic a week, or just whenever?

Yes, #2 was the better of the two, so far.

OC47150
06-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Now that I know #3 is reportedly out, I will visit a couple of the out-of-the-way TRU in my area. They seem to lag behind on merchandise a little bit more than the higher volume stores. I tend to have good luck at the out-of-the-way stores.

OC47150
06-24-2002, 04:04 PM
I have visited several area TRUs since I posted my previous message and still haven't found comic #3.

Some of the stores have the comic sitting at the end of the checkout counter, while other stores have them behind the service counter.

I will keep searching!!!

Jonna
06-24-2002, 04:29 PM
I have just started to see #2 for the past couple weeks. #3 is not out in Northern NJ as far as I've seen.

OC47150
06-24-2002, 04:33 PM
I figured the TRU comic is like all other comics: The company says it will be released on such and such date and that date comes and goes without a comic.

duckhunter
06-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Finally got #2 a couple days ago. I wonder why tru even bothered with this promo. They have only advertised it once in a sunday flier and that is it. It makes no sense to do a promo if you do not tell anyone about it.

duckhunter
07-14-2002, 07:00 PM
anyone have 3 or 4 yet? does anyone know if they are even going to make them.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2002, 01:12 PM
I check my local TRUs about 1-2 times a week. Now, I just walk up to either the customer service desk or a checkout lane and ask if they've got #3 in yet. Nope? Okay. Then I walk out. Boooooo!!!!!! :frus:

OC47150
07-23-2002, 03:11 PM
I checked my TRU on Sunday after I bought a bunch of figures and no 3 or 4 yet. The manager was hoping they'd still come in.

Jonna
07-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Ya, I completely forgot about these things. What happened? I have the first two and then never saw any of them again.

OC47150
07-23-2002, 03:17 PM
I hadn't thought much about them in the last few weeks either. I told myself I didn't have to tear the local area apart looking for two comics! But since I was there on Sunday, I thought I'd ask.

I'm starting to wonder if the other two comics will be released.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-28-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted on sw.com:
Exclusive Star Wars Comics at Toys R Us
October 22, 2002

Collectors of Star Wars toys and comics have been enjoying a series of exclusive Dark Horse Comics available with the purchase of a Hasbro Star Wars toy at Toys R Us; if you've missed out, the final issue will be debuting soon.

The first issue, "Full of Surprises" by Jason Hall, Manuel Garcia and Fernando Blanco, showcases the features of the Jedi starfighter as it squares off against the Slave I in a dangerous field of asteroids. In the second installment, "Most Precious Weapon" by Hall, Francis Portela and Albert Xiques, Count Dooku reflects on his most challenging lightsaber duels.

The third issue, available now, is "Practice Makes Perfect," by Hall, Garcia and Blanco. A headstrong and arrogant Anakin Skywalker tests his lightsaber combat skills alongside his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, as the two Jedi are assaulted by mindless combat droids.

The fourth and final issue, due out by month's end, is "Machines of War". Set during the events of Episode II, it covers Yoda's arrival on Geonosis with a clone army, and demonstrates the power of the Republic gunship. It is by Hall, Portela and Xiques.

I have been checking recently. "Available now" apparently means something else to Hasbro and TRU... :frus:

OC47150
10-29-2002, 08:15 AM
At the big volume TRU in my area I got the last #3 about three weeks ago. I checked at another TRU and they were completely out of them.

I haven't had the chance to look for #4 yet. Maybe this weekend.

OC47150
11-14-2002, 01:02 PM
Did anyone ever find #4? I forgot to ask when I bought the silver R2 two weeks ago?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-16-2002, 11:04 AM
All the TRUs I've been to have said they have NO Star Wars comics, and when they open the drawers, I see it's true. Only LEGO comics. Boooo!!!!!!!!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-16-2002, 11:50 AM
All the TRU's near me have #4. It's pretty good.