PDA

View Full Version : Petition... Celebration 4 in UK ??

jedi_uk73
05-14-2002, 06:30 PM
Ok then guys, Celebration 3 will be in Indianapolis.

How about the UK having Celebration 4 ???

Any others with me ??
Very slim chance, but worth a go.

Taichi
05-14-2002, 07:17 PM
Hey, if it guarantees that the SW Celebration is an annual event, I'm all for it showcasing in the UK from time to time!!!

Lord Tenebrous
05-14-2002, 07:46 PM
Well, it's not an annual/yearly event, and since the next film is the last one, there really won't be anything more to celebrate.

Unless you go back in time to '77.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah I kind of doubt we will see anymore Celebrations after 2005. Unless they do one for ROTJ's 25th anniversary in 2008. Even so it's doubtful that it would be located outside of the US.

Taichi
05-14-2002, 11:37 PM
I think it should be an official, annual SW Convention.......

it could be done......Trekkies have 'em all the time!!!

Dak Powers
05-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Annual? I like the 3 year intervals, it gives more anticipation.

CooLJoE
05-15-2002, 12:58 AM
I'm doubting any celebrations after the next one unless they start doing other SW movies (not necessarily part of the current lineup. Lucas already said no 7-9, but whats to say movies based on other events?).

Celebrations like every year or every other year would be cool. Something to keep SW alive over the ages.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that it should stay in the U.S. No offense, but the majority of the fans are here and not in UK.

mark2d2
05-15-2002, 02:30 AM
I'd much rather hit the UK --- than Indianapolis. I'd love an excuse to get back across the pond again.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-15-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by CooLJoE

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that it should stay in the U.S. No offense, but the majority of the fans are here and not in UK.

No offense to you, but there's more in the world besides the US. I bet there are more fans or about the same in Europe anyway. If you don't believe me, arrange a convention in The Netherlands and see how many people come visit. It's in the 1,000's. And yes, i am not kidding.

:frus:

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 03:33 AM
While I would love the idea of a convention in Europe, I doubt it will ever happen. If for the sake of argument, Cel4 was to be in Europe, I think it should have a somewhat central location. I'm thinking Germany, maybe Berlin, Heidelberg or Frankfurt. Mainly those because of the US military installations nearby. I was stationed in Germany for two years and felt shut out of everything. Having a convention like Cel4 near a military base would have been a dream come true.

mightywhelk
05-15-2002, 03:53 AM

Maybe so, but only because there are more people in the than in the UK, when you take the rest of Europe in to account, the figure may not be much different?

And besides, the majority of the original trilogy and TPM were filmed at Elstree in the UK. Doesn't that have any significance?

gibbspaulus
05-15-2002, 04:30 AM
I mean the best we get is the JediCOn events. Just a dealer's romm (usually in something like a school gym), and thenú15 a pop for the autograph of someone whose face was never seen on screen!

gibbspaulus
05-15-2002, 04:31 AM
Having said that, there are the ones in Devon. We Brits can do conventions - just look at the Dr Who efforts over the apst twenty years!

Jargo
05-15-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by CooLJoE
The majority of the fans are in the US? How do you work that one out then? That's like saying that the world is the US and everything else is the edge that people fall over if the sail too long in a straight line. What an arrogant and blinkered view of the globe you have. The majority of the fans are spread far and wide across the globe in a multi racial, multinational pan global pick'n'mix. Why the hell should the events take place in the US exclusively other for reasons of tardiness and laziness. And you wonder why people get ****ed at the states? It's a big world out there, it pays to encompass it all. America is not the center of the Universe. I despair sometimes, I really do......

QLD
05-15-2002, 07:26 AM
America isn't the center of the universe anymore? Screw this, I'm leaving!

jedi_uk73
05-15-2002, 07:27 AM
Well said Emperor Jargo.

Just because the US is a bigger country doesn't mean they have the right to everything.

You will find that the ratio of population to SW fans in the US is the same as the UK.

A Star Wars Convention over here will be just as big, maybe bigger. The UK is only small, so a centralised Convention (Birmingham for example) can be reached by the whole of the country in a matter of hours, not days like the US.

OriginalBryGuy
05-15-2002, 11:01 AM
My guess is there's some guys at LucasFilm still counting all the money they made off Celebration II and thinking...hmmm maybe it would be a good idea have it every year..haha

Seriously though, for those of you outside the US, you should start saving your pennies cause Celebration III could very well be it.

"Indianapolis or BUST!"

JEDIpartner
05-15-2002, 01:15 PM
Sadly, that's the way I'm looking at it. No more films... no more CELEBRATION events.

stillakid
05-15-2002, 01:20 PM
I'd head to Australia for it. I've always wanted to go there. But I think Marin would be appropo. But if we wanted to take it to where it all began, I'm thinking Van Nuys. The original ILM was on Valjean near the airport.

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 01:38 PM
I have often wondered why there seems to be odd attitude toward europe concerning Star Wars.It was made there right?If it's good enough to be the place it's made,why is it not good enough to have a celebration?
I am planning on going to Cel 3 and meet up with some of you there.My plan is to ride Motorcycle out and back.
So if it's in The U.K. I can't ride there.But I would get a chance to meet Jargo and maybe Pendo while there.The others I'm planning on meeting would probably go there too.So time wise The U.K. is faster.Plane vs.two wheels.Money? Who cares it's three years off!!I don't know I'm going and that's it.Don't care where.Here I'll ride my own and meet friends.There I'll rent a ride and still meet friends.

CooLJoE
05-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm sorry SOME of you don't understand the words "no offense". Even if you are offended by it, its a statement meaning to not take it offensively. Unfortunately, you don't seem to care about that part of my statement.

Either way, I still stand by my statement. There are more people here in the US than in the UK period. And with that I'm sure there are more SW fans here than UK. UK does NOT mean Europe. If you want to confuse the 2, and you even live there, I'm sorry for your lack of knowledge. If this is taken offensively, then so be it, because I feel very attacked from many of the last replies.

I like the UK and many parts of Europe. I even want to visit there someday. But if everyone is like the few of you that replied, I feel that I will skip that visit. You aren't showing a good representation for your country(ies).

So anways, I'm sorry if you take offense so easily. My view of the world is not small nor do I think the US is the world. Some of you seem to judge others before they judge you, which is a bad way to live life.

Darth Ovori
05-15-2002, 07:37 PM
I think there should be a StarWars event in Europe... A big one...
Either in Germany, UK or Holland...

Turbowars
05-15-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey, I don't care what anyone thinks about this one. The show was here, about an hour and half flight and I still couldn't go. No time no $, but the US kicks *** and I would never leave this country for a StarWars convention. Besides I hate Planes. One day, when I win the lottery, I will take a cruise around the world and stop everywhere I can. Then I woke up!:)

stillakid
05-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
I think there should be a StarWars event in Europe... A big one...
Either in Germany, UK or Holland...

Euro-Star Wars? Maybe in France... It worked for Disney, didn't it?;)