PDA

View Full Version : More rare??

dawfx
05-14-2002, 11:07 PM
Which of the POTJ figures were the hardest for you to find?? I'm interested to see which figures are hard to find in different areas and which ones warm the pegs:)

Jedi Law Student
05-15-2002, 01:52 AM
The only POTJ figure that I've still never seen is R2-Q5. I must have just missed him once because I saw all the other figures in that wave one time at Toys 'R Us. It took Zutton, BoShek, FX-7, R4-M9, and Teebo awhile to show up, but they finally did.

jedi_uk73
05-15-2002, 07:33 AM
The 'clean version' of the Biker Scout Trooper was only out for a limited time before the Dirty version came out.

I consider that one to be the rarest.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Since I have all of them now, except for the clean Biker Scout I would have to say that one.

eliwankenobi
05-15-2002, 11:07 AM
I managed to pick up all of the POTJ figs at retail, but the ones I never saw again after getting mine were:

Biker Scout (both versions)
Sandtrooper
R2-Q5

The BoShek wave finally showed up at one of the local TRUs just last week. I really wish Hasbro wasn't so stingy with the Stormies - there's never been a good supply of these guys.

Amanamike
05-15-2002, 04:10 PM
I managed to get like 6 clean biker scouts at Electronics Boutique when they first came out. At that time I had no idea they would be rare. Im not to fussy over the dirty ones since I never saw a dirty one in the movie

Sith Vicious
05-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Fode & Beed (Never saw one at retail)
Biker Scout (Never saw one clean or dirty)

I still haven't seen the Bo Shek wave at retail either, but I guess they could still show up.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-15-2002, 08:15 PM
I have seen every POTJ figure at one time or another. Foolishly, I passed up on some ones that I banked on being peg warmers but instead bought other figures that turned out to be the actual peg warmers. But I have tracked down almost everyone. The one void in my collection is a Chewie Dejarik. I don't have a Clean Scout either (passed him up for $7.50 at a Comic Store) but I do have a couple of Dirty Scouts.

browndroid
05-15-2002, 08:31 PM
actually it wasnt really hard for me to get any of them, except for clean trooper which i still have yet to see

brentfett
05-16-2002, 01:24 PM
I eventually found all the POTJ figures after I looked around for a while, though I must say R2Q5 and the BoShek wave were probably the hardest to locate. Never found a clean Scout Trooper, anybody have an extra and want to trade, please send me a private message!

Sith Worm
05-16-2002, 01:28 PM
I found all of them all, but only ever sall one R2-Q5...

Jonna
05-16-2002, 01:41 PM
I was never able to find a Plo Koon at any stores.

jedi_uk73
05-17-2002, 08:15 AM
In relation to my reply on this subject, as I posted, the Clean Biker Scout is possibly the rarest, but it depended on distribution. (I managed to get mine through Ebay)

If you are a variation hunter however, a Collection 1 Sebulba wins hands down.

Anyone find one of these ? ? ?

Dexter
05-17-2002, 09:09 AM
I paid NINE dollars for my R2-Q5 online, the second-most I ever paid for a Star Wars figure (after $10 for Dejarik Chewie). It was worth it, because I've seen DOZENS and DOZENS of Tesseks, but no R2-Q5s from the same assortment. I would say R2-Q5 is the rarest non-variation.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 10:41 AM
There are several of the POTJ figures I never saw in stores. (and I looked around a LOT) Let's see:

Clean Biker Scout
Plo Koon
Saesse Tiin
IG-88

Those are the ones I NEVER saw, there are quite a few others I saw only once (usually after I had already bought them online)

Darkross
05-17-2002, 10:51 AM
I had a chance to buy 2 clean versions of the Scout Trooper last summer for $14.99 but passed on them not realizing that they'd be rare. I did buy three of them shortly thereafter, but have not seen them since July 2001. I have 9 dirty Scout Troopers that I thought were going to be rare which did not.

FX-7 & Imperial Officer (I lucked out finding these at retail)

Rarest:
1. Scout Trooper - Clean Version
2. FX-7 (found 3 of them in Dec. and bought 1)
3. Imperial Officer (found 3 of them in Dec. and bought all)
4. R2-Q5 (found 3 of them a few months ago and bought 2)
5. R4-M9 (found 4 of them a month ago and bought 2)

R2-D2
05-17-2002, 01:43 PM
I have found everything except:

Scout Trooper (clean or dirty)
and Eeth Koth

Picked up two R2-Q5's and am willing to part with one. That was the only time I saw them.

DrewDewce
05-17-2002, 05:58 PM
There's plenty of Eeth Koth's in Louisville (or there were as of a few days ago).

Sith Vicious
05-17-2002, 07:41 PM
The R2-Q5 distribution must've been really spotty. I never saw one for the longest time then there was a 3 month stretch where they were actually pegwarmers at my local WM.

Croaker
05-23-2002, 02:10 PM
I guess I'm lucky to have r2 and clean scout trooper.
But then again - I never saw a dirty trooper
(this was in Canada)

The ones I don't have are:
Boss nass - why bother? that's barely a resculpt
The gungan warrior (saw it when I was shopping w/a friend - i got the senate guard he got the gungan. I haven't seen one (at reatil price) since.)

The distribution in Canada of these sucked.
Hell, I don't even know if we got the last few waves (I don't think we did.) i'm in the UK now and ordered BoShek and co. from Hasbro UK.

billfremore
05-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Yup the clean biker scout went really quickly, I was glad to grab the one I saw.

As for R2-Q5, Plo Koons, Saesee Tiins and IG-88s there were tons of them up here.

The impossible stuff to find in Canada (as all other Canadians will agree I'm sure) was ecverything from the last 3 waves of the POTJ line.

I've never seen FX-7, queen's Decoy, snaggletooth, eeth koth, etc. etc.

fourtwo
05-23-2002, 03:08 PM
all the stuff that wasn't released in canada. finally got an FX-7 though :)

billyfreemore you saw alot of Q5's and all those? i got an IG-88 from EB for 14 darn dollars
:(

i guess you don't have any of those extra huh? perhaps the trade we had planned can go down :D

Darkross
05-23-2002, 03:08 PM
The Last 3 waves in the POTJ line never came to Canada...not even the Wal-Mart Exclusives! I had to get all of these over in the US :(

But at least I'm fortunate enough to live close to the US border. :)

JetsAndHeels
05-23-2002, 03:47 PM
I was going through my POTJ collection the other day and I was surprised to see that I had a clean biker scout. I was very happy.
But as far as the ones hard to find here in NC, I would say Plo Koon, Sasee Tinn, and IG88 are the hard ones to spot. In fact I only saw Plo once, and I got him. Never saw the other two anywhere, except for at a scalper shop.

sith_killer_99
05-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Hasbro shipped all the Clean Scouts to Hawaii!

I was knee deep in trades with these figs for 6 weeks! They actually warmed pegs at a Wal-Mart for THAT long!

Not to mention that a bulk of the Clean Troopers went North to Canada. I saw a LOT of the Tri-Logo Clean Troopers on ebay.

I actually have 4 total MOMC:

Clean US
Dirty US
Clean Trilingual
Dirty Trilingual

For me the HTF figs were:

Saesee Tiin
Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion)

Also the R2-Q5 wave was practically NON-Existant until a couple months ago. Now poor Lando and Tessek are warming pegs with Jar-Jar, Ketwol and the gang.:cry:

Taichi
05-23-2002, 06:48 PM
I found two R2-Q5s at my Local K-Mart recently.....I snagged one, and opened it, the other musta gone to some scalper, because the next day, the pegs were stripped bare.....

Lord Tenebrous
05-23-2002, 11:08 PM
In all my searching, I never saw the Maul/Vader MOTD two-pack. But all the other figures were sighted, in some form or another.

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 02:06 AM
The R2-Q5 was the hardest to find, I'm sure i seen him and passed on him like others did with certain figs, but I finally got him online for a decent price.

Taichi
05-26-2002, 10:17 AM
I saw the Maul/Vader twopack at Walmart......too bad I never grabbed it.....

Skinny 1
05-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Where I live, the only two places around me where you could find POTJ was K-Mart and Wal-Mart. I saw the clean version of the Biker Scout at K-Mart several times, but never bothered to buy it (something which I regret now).

My local Wal-Mart did, for awhile at least, a pretty good job of stocking POTJ. The ones I never saw, however, included FX-7, Snaggletooth, R2-Q5, and IG-88. Basically, they missed the ones that I planned on getting. : (

The only POTJ figures I own are the Bespin Security Guard and Chewbacca.

DarkseidoftheForce
05-27-2002, 11:40 PM
The Clean Biker Scout was the hardest for me. I (stupidly) passed on it at my local comics shop because i didn't want to pay a few bucks extra. R2-Q5 was challenging, but eventually they released a ton of him.

The FX-7 wave is pretty plentiful out here though, if anybody needs some help getting it, email me.