PDA

View Full Version : Central Indiana finds!

toymanIN
08-16-2001, 11:34 AM
Attention all Hoosier collectors! The just found section for Indiana has been now moved to here with the start of these great new forums provided by SirSteves. Be sure to leave all of your finds here, no matter how big or small. We want to know what everyone is collecting! Also, if anyone is interested, hop on over to the Collectors Club's forum for info on the "Sith Council of Indy".

Boba Binks
08-18-2001, 04:55 PM
OH MAN!!! Today I went to a Target Super center today while on my hunting rounds. I saw but did not buy the new 12" Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise, Death Star Trooper, and the Death Star Droid. They look real neat. I cannot wait to add them to my collection.

The reason I did not get them is becasue a lady had them in her cart and I did not see any more on the shelf.

My hunt to get these into my colelction begins now!

OC47150
08-19-2001, 02:39 PM
As I just wrote in the 'Just Found' section, the New Albany and Clarksville Targets have redesigned for Christmas and do not have any shelf space for SW merchandise at all. That means a trip to Louisville or elsewhere for myself and other SI SW fans.

Boba Binks
08-21-2001, 07:24 PM
That is how the Greenwood (US31) Target is and some other surrounding area Target stores. Only the Super Centers are good at the moment.

toymanIN
08-22-2001, 07:18 AM
I hear, actually, that the county line mall Target will be closing in mid-October. Can anyone confirm this? Also, FYI for everyone, Indy TRU's should be getting one case of palm talkers each this week.

Boba Binks
08-22-2001, 10:08 PM
I called and asked County Line Target about them closing and the girl on the phone said it might happen. They are not to sure at this point. :confused: It is up to Target Headquaters.
I hope it does not close! Then that plaza will totally suck!

Boba Binks
08-26-2001, 05:26 PM
Today I went to the East side to visit a friend. I just had to go to TRU! No new toys there but a wonderful older lady helped me out a great deal with some inside info.
I asked about the Tie Interceptor and gave her my # for it. She checked on the computer at the front desk and showed me that they will be shipping shortly. She said to try in about two weeks.
Then I asked if she knew about the 12" Figres. Again she loked in the computer and said it shows 12" Legacy. She said that they are also on the way. Try back in about two weeks.
Then just becasue I need antoher C-3P0 Palm Talker that in not all messed up, I asked. She looked it up and said that they are shipping. She said anyday now! Keep checking back.

New toys will be showing up at TRU soon! Keep those eyes peeled.

OC47150
08-27-2001, 07:44 AM
No new figures in southern Indiana, but the Clarksville TRU had all six of the palm talkers. I passed for the moment.

Boba Binks
08-28-2001, 11:43 AM
On October 10th, 2001 The Target store at County Line Mall (US31 S.) Will be closing it's doors. Because on the same day, there is a new Super Target opening up on 135 (Meridian) and Smithvalley Road next to the Meijers.

bbright
08-29-2001, 01:48 PM
I just submitted this to the news section and wanted to make sure you IN collectors caught this. The Super Target
in the Fishers area of Indianapolis has several SHMI, DUROS, and OBI-WAN IN TRAINING GEAR figures. They also have a healthy supply of Ketwol, Bespin Guard, and a couple of Sabe figures. Oh and let me not forget the B-wings!! Go get 'em before someone buys them all and jacks up their prices on EBAY!

I'm sure the other Targets in the area are also stocked.

Your man in Indy...

Mr. Bright

bbright
08-29-2001, 04:40 PM
In case you didn't know...

If you want a fambaa with Gungan warrior, just stroll on over to the FAO in Circle Center mall where they are about $37.50. I recently picked one up and there are others there collecting dust.

Just an FYI.........

bbright
08-29-2001, 04:49 PM
Attach? I meant Attack

Boba Binks
08-29-2001, 07:21 PM
:D YES! YES! YES! YES! WWHHOOOOOO-HHHHOOOOOO!
Today at the Avon SuperCenter Target I found the Shmi Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Training Gear) action figures!!! They are on Collection 2 cards and are the .0400 card backs.

Check those Target stores. The Darth Vader, Luke, and Han Solo can't be far behind!!
Plus the new 12" Figures and the TRU Tie Interceptor!
The Hunt is heating up now!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

mastervader
08-30-2001, 12:45 AM
BBright, If you live in the Indy area you should check out the Sith Council of Indy. SSG forums "Collectors Clubs". Hope to see you there.

mastervader
08-31-2001, 07:02 PM
Found all the palm talkers at Meijer on 135 in Greenwood, about 6 o'clock, friday. I picked up Vader, of course.

Boba Binks
08-31-2001, 08:50 PM
We must of just missed each other MasterVader! I was there tongiht around 6 o'clock also. I saw the Palm Talkers but did not buy them since I found them lst week at the Meijerson Southport Rd.

Target Greenwood has one new Obi-Wan. Surprised I was to see new toys at that Target since it is closing.

Tomorrow I am going out hunting!!! :) Maybe TRU will have Tie Interceptors.

Talk to you later.

Boba Binks
09-13-2001, 11:37 AM
X-Wing Luke, Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader, and Han Solo Death Star Escape found at Target Super Center in Avon!
The force is strong again wiht Target.

OC47150
09-13-2001, 11:47 AM
My two local Targets aren't stocking SW now. I have to drive 20 minutes or more to the next closest Target or go to a competitor.

Boba Binks
09-14-2001, 07:58 AM
Last night the Toys-R-Us in Greenwood (US31 South) had about a dozen Tie INterceptors on the floor.

Boba Binks
09-20-2001, 06:46 PM
The Greenwood Wal-Mart has a few of the Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Training Gear)
I BELIEVE these are the variation packs. In case you do not know, there are three different types of helmets that come with this Obi-Wan. There is something about the numbers on the back of the card in the upper left hand side.
There was a guy there telling me about them. He showed me the super shinny version and then he had another one that was very dull. You could see the variation clearly when compaired.
He said the versions are like this...

Version 3 = Flat Dull helmet which matches the outfit.

Version 2 = a toned down gloss helmet, very similar to the flat dull helmet but still shinny.

Version 1 = the super shinny gloss helmet!

Boba Binks
10-02-2001, 11:33 AM
Today I went hunting in Greenwood to see if I could find the 12" Speederbike w/ Luke at Target. I did not find it.

But at TRU in Greenwood... they have the Simpson's Tree House of Horrors 2. There were four when I was there, three now since I bought one. They are $34.99!!! WOW!

Then I went to the mall, The Electronics Boutique has the Noiseland Arcade w/ Jimbo and the First Church of Springfield w/ Reverend Lovejoy for $19.99 each.

Also, Burger King has Simpson Halloween Kid Meal Toys. I went there for lunch and bought the three different toys that they have. They have #7 - Maggie, #8 - Dr. Hibbert, and #9 - Grounds Keeper Willie. They are pretty neat. They light up!!!

Well, I just wanted to update you Simpson Fans!!

Boba Binks
10-03-2001, 02:34 PM
If anyone ordered the Simpsons Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy from EB they are shipping. I got mine in the mail today.

SalaciousEd
10-09-2001, 11:03 PM
Just picked up new Luke, EW Vader and new Solo at Brownsburg Walmart on clearance for $4 (had lots left). They had plenty of Shmis and EU Obis too. The new stuff scans $6.44 but the Bespin guard scans $4 so they sell em all for that. They were in the clearance aisle back by the lawn and garden/Christmas area. Also saw Luke and Vader at Super Target in Avon. Good Luck.

OC47150
10-10-2001, 06:49 AM
I must have the slowest Wal Mart in the world!! They still have the 12" sith speeder for $40!!

Pellaeon
10-10-2001, 11:14 AM
You do not have the slowest WalMart. I visited my grandparents up north in Calif. (Redding) and hit two WalMarts in the Central Valley along the way. Both had the 12" Darth Maul/Speederbike.

OC47150
10-10-2001, 12:39 PM
I read where Wal Marts in other parts of the country mark stuff down and the Wal Mart closest to me is always behind. None of the 3 3/4" figures have been marked down, and the 12" figures are still regular price. I know; I check every couple of weeks.

The Bald Ewok
10-10-2001, 01:21 PM
D'oh...I forgot that we are also here too!! Hey just a quick shout out to those who happen to look for figs...I am still looking for EW vader and the new han and the Tie Interceptor. If you happen to come across them let me know or pick them up and not only will I pay you back for them but I also pay a convience pay for your time! Woo Hoo! Just let me know if you got them and where you would like to meet!

toymanIN
10-10-2001, 05:46 PM
One shall rise- one shall fall.

Yes it's finally here! The new Super Target on 135 opened this morning. This comes the day after the one in the county line mall closed it's doors for good.

Unfortunately, they didn't have much in the way of new toys. For SW fans they had the Vader and Shmi waves plus plenty of Sandtroops. They also had about twenty B-wings! Hopefully these will go down soon and not clog the shelves for the soon to arrive 12" Luke and Speeder.

For anyone else that cares, there were no new Simpsons or Transformers on the pegs. I did manage to finally acquire a Sideshow Bob and Krustylu set. I was surprised to see that, as old as it is.

OC47150
10-11-2001, 07:41 AM
Where exactly is this new Target on 135? Is it near Southport Road? I know a new huge Target opened there recently. My brother lives in the shadow of St. Francis Hospital, and I'm up there regularly to visit my niece and nephew.

Boba Binks
10-11-2001, 04:50 PM
Hey Bald Ewok! I got your Han and Vader figures. You want to meet like last time? E-mai me.

As for the new Target Super Center it is on S. Meridian and at the first light south of Smithvalley Rd. It is across the plaza with the Guitar Works.

Boba Binks
10-26-2001, 07:40 AM
The Greenwood TOYS-R-US has the latest waves of figures (Han, Luke, Vader, Shmi, Obi-Wan, Duros, Ketwol, Sabe, ect.). Not many of them but at least they have the new ones.

I was told by one employee that there are more TIe Interceptors on the way later this week or next along with the Deluxe Bacta Tank Luke and Training Droid Darth Maul.

Boba Binks
10-30-2001, 11:36 AM
Deluxe Darth Maul w/ Droid found!!! I was at the Greenwood Electronics Boutique last night and they had one of these Deluxe Figures. No Lukes. The box was on the floor and the guy at the register sadi they just got this box in and it was the only one. So hopefully more will be on the way. For $11.99 it is not a bad deal.

Boba Binks
11-06-2001, 05:52 PM
Just had a good friend call me and said the new Target on Meridian St. in Greenwood has the B-Wings for $10.00!!

Boba Binks
11-08-2001, 10:42 AM
Since Ihave the day off today I decided to so some hunting.

Targets are now OUT of the B-Wing.

The K-Mart next to Galyans on US31 have the Deluxe Bacta Tank Luke and Darth Maul. About ten of each. They are located onthe top shelf above the Max Steel Toys.

Boba Binks
11-24-2001, 05:58 PM
I wonder if anyone actually reads this thread!?!

Well, anyways today at the TRU in Greenwood they have the Simpsons Christmas Exclusive, Ketwal wave of figures, and several of the Deluxe E1 figures.

Well, talk to anyone that reads these threads later.

The Bald Ewok
11-24-2001, 06:10 PM
Hey binks I do!!

Boba Binks
11-25-2001, 05:08 PM
Hey Bald Ewok! I think we are the only two on these forums. :)

Well, just thought I would let everyone know if you are looking for older POTF2 figures the K-Mart in Greenwood had a Tie Fighter for $4.99. I picked it up in a heart beat! :)
Also they had a few of the older figures like He-Man Luke, Monkey Leia, Vader, none of them with good variations. They were all on water damaged cards but if you are looking for them to open, why not?

The Bald Ewok
11-25-2001, 07:24 PM
You know, I guess so!!

Boba Binks
12-15-2001, 09:03 PM
New figures hit Indy! I found the FX-7, Queen, Imp. Officer, and Rebel Trooper at Wal-mart! Also found the Deluxe Leia and Amanaman!!

Boba Binks
12-16-2001, 11:09 AM
Deluxe Figures at Toy-R-Us in Greenwood!!!

New Lego sets at Wal-Mart in Franklin!

Boba Binks
12-25-2001, 08:39 AM
Target has the figures marked down to $4.50 each!!