PDA

View Full Version : How did they shoot the Dooku/Yoda scenes?

Fulit
05-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Did they get a vertically challenged person to wield a lightsaber against Christopher Lee and then draw Yoda in over him, or what? If not, Lee would have to be one damn fine actor. Anyone know, how'd they do that?

Pendo
05-15-2002, 10:58 AM
I just thought Lee was fighting with thin air, but having not seen it properly yet I have no idea what Lee needed to do during the battle.

PENDO!

Lord Tenebrous
05-15-2002, 12:07 PM
One nice advancement in AOTC is the whole Form X fighting styles. This means that Christopher wasn't told to just swing his saber around for a few minutes, it was choreographed using strikes and parrays at timed intervals. That way Mr. Lee could keep his focus and intensity without having to make things up while shooting.

Then the CG Yoda was drawn in with his complementary attack move. :)

Darth Nihilus
05-15-2002, 03:02 PM
This was the part of the movie I feared the most but that was soon allayed. The fight between Dooku and Yoda is actually very good, I did not think they could pull it off but they did indeed. It's sort of done in the high-wire Kung-Fu style of combat. LOL Yoda even strikes a few Bruce Lee poses.

Fulit
05-15-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
This was the part of the movie I feared the most but that was soon allayed. The fight between Dooku and Yoda is actually very good, I did not think they could pull it off but they did indeed. It's sort of done in the high-wire Kung-Fu style of combat. LOL Yoda even strikes a few Bruce Lee poses.

They could pull that off, but from what I hear, they couldn't pull off Anakin falling off the shaak. Is that true? I heard it was a bad obvious CGI scene.

Darth Nihilus
05-15-2002, 11:06 PM
There were a few sloppy looking CG moments in Ep2 and most of them concentrated around the beasts. The problem seemed to be how to properly animate the riders. But it still didn't come off too badly.

BanthaPoodoo
05-15-2002, 11:27 PM
The riders looked like the guy in Starship Troopers riding the big beetle bug. The way he just flopped around haphazardly is how Anakin looks on the shaak.

As a whole though its easily overlooked...... at least they'll fix it on the Special Special Edition of Attack Of The Clones in 4 years!!! LOL

SithDroid
05-17-2002, 01:40 AM
This scene was the best in the entire movie. Everyone in the theatre went crazy when they began fighting.