PDA

View Full Version : This Just In From Hasbro

MichaelV103
05-15-2002, 11:10 AM
I just recieved an e-mail from Hasbro. It appears there will be no Cinema Scenes for Episode 2. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! What can we do to change this? If anyone wants a copy of the email from Hasbro email me at MichaelV103@AOL.com and I will forward it to you.

eliwankenobi
05-15-2002, 11:56 AM
That's fine with me. I have all the OT Cinema Scenes but didn't buy any of the TPM Scenes because I thought they all sucked - and this was obvious by their warming shelves for so long.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2002, 02:08 PM
Apparently, the rumours were unfounded... as usual.

Beast
05-15-2002, 02:18 PM
Hasbro usually never reveals their plans for next year, and they weren't rumors JEDIpartnr. Hasbro themselves stated at Cel2 that they were probably returning next year. MichaelV103, you may wanna post the e-mail you got from them here, so everyone can read it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
05-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Yes, post the email. I liked the cinema scenes myself. It was nice that the figures actually came with something they could stand on. Action Stands get expensive after you buy a lot of them.

pthfnder89
05-15-2002, 02:45 PM
The only reason I particularly like cinema scenes is that its a good way for Hasbro to make figures we might not otherwise see, like Uncle Owen, the Skiff guards, and especially the Rebel Pilots. I would love to see them for E2 if only for a Jedi Temple scene.:)

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't buy it. Hasbro e-mails always read "Thank you for taking an interest in our product. We appreciate...yadda yadda yadda." They never send out e-mails about specific questions.

Beast
05-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I don't buy it. Hasbro e-mails always read "Thank you for taking an interest in our product. We appreciate...yadda yadda yadda." They never send out e-mails about specific questions.
Exactly, Hasbro sends form letter E-mails out for any mail you send them. Heck, they sent me one, when I corrected them about the picture they were using in the Fan Choice #4 poll, for the Rebel Soldier in Biker Scout Disguise. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
05-15-2002, 03:22 PM
The E1 Cinema Scenes were very nice IMO. The best was Tatooine Showdown. A really great Maul and Qui-Gon and an ok Ani. The only reason why they were warming the shelves was because Hasbro overproduced them. Would have been nice to see some for E2. Two spring to mind:

- Clone Army: 3 white Clone Troopers articulated like the red Trooper with weapons and blast effects (a different one for each trooper).
- Disguised Royalty: Queen Amidala and Anakin in Tatooine disguise w/repulsorlift sled and droid.

:D

Jargo
05-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Maybe Hasbro has a list of us 'flies in the ointment' and that's why we only get pat e-mails back.

"Dude, got another e-mail from one o' them there freaks from SSG. Y'know - the ones always pesterin' us and nitpickin' and askin' for weird stuff like the fat dancer and that other Yoda an' stuff like that. Now they want cinema scenes. Is there no end to the demands!!!? Just send back the form reply and shut 'em up for a while..."

maybe everybody else who isn't known to Hasbro gets regular nice e-mails back in response to queries. I'm feeling persecution creeping up on me like a heavy footed assasin..... :(

evenflow
05-15-2002, 05:41 PM
If the e-mail is legit or not, I hope that they start the cinema scene line up again. I thought it was cool.

MichaelV103
05-16-2002, 02:05 PM

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
I was just wondering if there are currently any plans to produce Cinema Scene...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Lois Ouellette) - 05/15/2002 11:02 AM
Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We appreciate your interest.

There are no plans at this time to produce that product.

We will share your interest with the appropriate personnel.

Thanks again for your interest.

Response (Lois Ouellette) - 05/15/2002 10:58 AM
Title: How can I join the Star Wars Fan Club?
Link: http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=38&p_created=976621642

MichaelV103
05-16-2002, 02:06 PM
Here is the email i recieved from Hasbro.

Nataku
05-16-2002, 02:09 PM
I am 100% positive that is the typical form letter response to "Are you going to make figure x?"

Any time I request Any product I get a similar "there are no plans at this time".

All it means is that at this moment, that particular customer service employee knows nothing about it.

They'd probably send the same reply if you asked about Aayla Secura even though we KNOW she is coming. If it isn't finished and on it's way to stores, they (the operators) are usually blissfuly unaware.

So, fear not! The Cinema Scenes mentioned at C2 (be they a three-pack like before or a 2-pack like the 25th anniversary sets) could still be on there way next year!

Nataku

Uriarte69
05-16-2002, 08:01 PM
I hope so, I just started collecting these. I hope they make more of the scenes from the original trilogy. I'd like to see Jaba with prisoner Leia.

MichaelV103
05-16-2002, 09:09 PM
Where can i get information on upcomming figures?

Beast
05-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by MichaelV103
Where can i get information on upcomming figures?
Here is our special guest, Kitster with that information:

"Why right here, of course."

Thank you Kitster. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks