PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I want to start a POTJ collection... what are some of the BEST figures?

Dexter
05-15-2002, 04:29 PM
I just got my R2-Q5 today, and I have to say that it's one of the coolest figures I've ever seen. Ever. I mean, an EVIL Astromech Droid? Wow.

I also got FX-7, and he's a beautiful piece of work... 39 points of articulation, great detail... amazin. I'm getting R4-M9 soon, and from what I've seen he looks outrageously cool too.

I want to start a POTJ Collection, but I'm not sure which figures are particularly well-made/cool... can someone give me some suggestions?

How's Dejarik Chewie? Tatooine Jar Jar? Emperor's Wrath Vader? Fode & Beed? Did I miss any really good ones?

Jonna
05-15-2002, 04:32 PM
Plo Koon has really great detail to him.

Sith Worm
05-15-2002, 04:42 PM
You must have a Plo and Eath! Chewie is pretty cool, if you put him up to his table their isn't much use of him outside of that. Luke bacta tank is sweet as is Leia with gun. The only other must haves I would say are K3-po and Amanaman....

Amanamike
05-15-2002, 05:08 PM
I was pretty much impressed with most of the line up other than a few exceptions. I really liked

FX7
Duros
Sandtrooper
Scout Trooper
R2Q5
Tessek
R4M9

ones I coulda done wiht out

Any expanded universe crap!!!
Jar Jar wiht tongue action
Qui Gonn moisture lookin thing
teebo could been done better too

eliwankenobi
05-15-2002, 05:53 PM
My faves from this line are:

Sandtrooper
Scout Trooper
EW Vader
BE Leia
Tantive Rebel

browndroid
05-15-2002, 06:03 PM
the luke bacta was very cool. sandtrooper, the maul was ok but his arm kept coming off(just mine?) i didnt really like jek porkins...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Amanaman
K-3PO
Bo Shek
Tessek
Lando
Ellors Madak (Duros)
& Sandtrooper are all personal favorites of mine.

MikeAndTheBots
05-15-2002, 09:45 PM
Anyone know where I can get a BoShek, the Old Obi-Wan, Jedi Trainer Obi-Wan, Mechanic Chewie, EW Vader, and R2-Q5 reasonable price? I can't find them anywhere!

Dexter
05-15-2002, 10:17 PM
What's so great about K-3P0? He looks like a pretty bland, boring figure to me...

187-Maul
05-16-2002, 08:51 AM
well browndroid my darth maul is fine so you must have got a bad one
best figs in my opinion:

Sandtrooper
Boba Fett 300th figure
Tessek (although he's a huge pegwarmer in the US he's amazing)
Ellors Madak
Darth Maul shirtless

didn't get Vader Dagobah which is pretty cool I think

187-Maul
05-16-2002, 09:02 AM
well I forgot to mention that this thread might help you http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6243

Darkross
05-16-2002, 11:56 AM
Mine are:

FX-7 (Definitely)
R2-Q5
R3-T7 (Preview fig on POTJ Card)
Boba Fett 300th
Imperial Officer
Lando
Bacta Tank Luke
R4-M9
Scout Trooper (Clean & Dirty)
Han Solo (Bespin Capture)
Sandtrooper
Darth Vader - Dagobah Spirit (I'm told is very nice)

Personally, I like more of the POTF2 figures than POTJ figures...mainly because I collect OT only.

QLD
05-17-2002, 12:03 AM
LANDOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LANDO CALRISSIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jedi master sal
05-20-2002, 03:51 PM
I suggest you take a look in the archives on this site. there you will see the collection from carded/ uncarded views. This will give you a relatively good idea as to the sculpts. as far as articulation you'll just have to keep asking.

Taichi
05-20-2002, 04:30 PM
I just got Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin today....both great figures....

and highly recommended!!!

it's a pity that I discovered the POTJ line so late in the game....some really great stuff.....

sith_killer_99
05-20-2002, 09:35 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DAGOBAH DARTH VADER!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

JON9000
05-28-2002, 11:20 PM
I really like figures that are rather obscure. For collectability reasons, you probably won't see a resculpt of a lot of the line so if you want someone like BoShek, Duros, or some of the more obscure droids, better pick them up now!

Even so, my personal favorite from the line has to be X-Wing Luke. He has a great sculpt, likeness, and the removable helmet is really sweet. And he wasn't impossible to find!! A lot of folks don't agree with me on this but I think he's cool. The new Sandtrooper comes in second.

JetsAndHeels
05-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Best figures in the POTJ line:
300th Boba Fett
All deluxe figs
FX-7 wave (FX7, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Imperial Officer, Amidala Black Travel Gown)
Boshek Wave (Boshek, R4M9, Teebo)
K-3PO
Duros
Degobah and EW Vader
Plo Koon
Eeth Koth
Sasee Tinn

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 01:49 AM
Best in the line:
X-Wing Luke
Duro
Amanaman
Mechanic Chewie
Slave Leia
Bacta Luke
FX-7
Imperial Officer
Bespin Escape Leia
Biker Scout
Shmi
EW Vader
Security Battle Droid
Boss Nass
Bespin Capture Han
Lando
Boba 300th
Death Star Escape Han
IG-88

jjreason
05-29-2002, 02:20 AM
I loved Lando with cloth cape. Major, major improvement there. 300th Boba Fett is killer. I think you need a biker scout and a sandtrooper too. I love Imperials though.
One I really liked that no one else seems to care for? Obi Wan cold weather gear. I know, EU and all, but really well made and cool to look at.
I hated the 25th anniversary jobs, and the only deluxe figure I liked was Luke in Bacta. The rest are flimsy or have crap weapons or are flimsy AND have crap weapons (sorry, that's my disappointment with Amanaman loose talking).
I too liked the Xwing Luke. There were a lot of figures in POTJ that were for collectors only. They really got a lot done with it in terms of filling in blanks (Tessek and Zutton) and resculping some you may have missed (Old Ben). Great line. Awesome vehicles with figures, too.

jrviking07
05-29-2002, 11:34 PM
i would suggest plo koon